Believers stay righteous through their obedience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say, "So what! ... Ever heard of a seal that cannot be unsealed?"

You say, "Dozens of dire warnings in the NT! ... So what!"

God says, "shepherds leading multitudes to hell".
You say, "So what!
I say, "Some things never change."
Breaking the seal is a bad idea, but men regularly live according to bad ideas. If a person breaks the seal of canned food and leaves it exposed to the air for a period of time it will rot becoming inedible.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am condemning you right now, ergo you are not in Christ i guess.

Many will cry Lord, Lord, i guess, all claiming their desire to serve Jesus and other pious-sounding whatnot
so let's not forget that all that can also make Twice the sons of hell you are, and Seven worse spirits, ok?
No, actually I am condemning you (Isaiah 54:17).

For it is better that I condemn you now in the temporal scheme than that I condemn you eternally on your day of judgment. If you were to die right now you would go to hell. And it is my heritage to tell you this and I feel, even my obligation to speak according to my heritage.

You have three fingers pointing back at you concerning your above statements.

Note that I am not twice the son of hell or seven worse spirits because I did not initiate this exchange of condemning words but am merely responding according to the heritage that the Lord has given me so that you might repent and thereby avoid eternal condemnation.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, actually I am condemning you (Isaiah 54:17).

For it is better that I condemn you now in the temporal scheme than that I condemn you eternally on your day of judgment. If you were to die right now you would go to hell. And it is my heritage to tell you this and I feel, even my obligation to speak according to my heritage.

You have three fingers pointing back at you concerning your above statements.

Note that I am not twice the son of hell or seven worse spirits because I did not initiate this exchange of condemning words but am merely responding according to the heritage that the Lord has given me so that you might repent and thereby avoid eternal condemnation.
Solemn verse there in Isaiah 54.17, indeed.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
horse puckey, as "least in the kingdom" and several other passages might inform you

If you are referring to Matthew 5:17-20, I believe that that passage does not say that those who do not obey the law and teach others to do the same are not in the kingdom; it says rather that they will not be called great in the kingdom. Or were you referring to a different passage somewhere?

if you read the other half of the Bible you will find several of them in There wadr

What other half? The Old Testament? First of all, there are many more words in the Old Testament than in the new, so that it does not represent another half, but more like another two-thirds.

Secondly, the Old Testament is old and vanishing away (2 Corinthians 3:13-16, Hebrews 8:13).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What other half? The Old Testament?
no
If you are referring to Matthew 5:17-20, I believe that that passage does not say that those who do not obey the law and teach others to do the same are not in the kingdom; it says rather that they will not be called great in the kingdom. Or were you referring to a different passage somewhere?
nope, we're all caught up alright, and i'll leave you the last word now, have a nice evening

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
v. 20 is definitely to be interpreted by Galatians 2:21 and Philippians 3:9.

There is an impartation of inward righteousness that exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees which is merely outward and according to the observance of a set of do's and don'ts.

Real love in the heart exceeds the righteousness of legalistic observance of the law any day of the week.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"it's like thisss,
and like that?"

how ya been anyway mjr?
maybe he has me on ignore, dunno
Not that childish as some are, I ignore no one, even read our friends post though I almost threw up. But as it says in teh bible,

Luk 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

The truth has being around since Christ, still rejected today, but so many still trying to do it all them selves, hey look at me God, am i so gooood, i keep the law, but when i break it dont look please... Like trying not to speed but when you do dont want to be fined...

Besides you have chosen your path, not going to try divert you, that is Gods problem.

B

brakelite

Not that childish as some are, I ignore no one, even read our friends post though I almost threw up. But as it says in teh bible,

Luk 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

The truth has being around since Christ, still rejected today, but so many still trying to do it all them selves, hey look at me God, am i so gooood, i keep the law, but when i break it dont look please... Like trying not to speed but when you do dont want to be fined...

Besides you have chosen your path, not going to try divert you, that is Gods problem.
A lot of presumption there bro regarding motive ascribed to those who choose to obey God's commandments. Can you see another alternative than boasting?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A lot of presumption there bro regarding motive ascribed to those who choose to obey God's commandments. Can you see another alternative than boasting?
Can you see any other reason. Show me one, other than Christ, as HE did, and I will show you a liar. So since " no man" can keep the law, can you see any reason. What does it say about,

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Keeping the law does what? Obedience is by faith, believing not works.

The law did nothing but kill and still does today.

B

brakelite

Can you see any other reason. Show me one, other than Christ, as HE did, and I will show you a liar. So since " no man" can keep the law, can you see any reason. What does it say about,

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Keeping the law does what? Obedience is by faith, believing not works.

The law did nothing but kill and still does today.
I would like to fully understand what it is you are saying. Can you clarify please what you mean when you say 'no man can keep the law'. Because I certainly agree that no man, in his own strength, can do so. For outside of Christ, we are carnal, sold under sin, and the carnal mind is enmity with God, and cannot obey the law. But....Does that mean that no-one has the power to obey if they choose to through walking in the Spirit...walking by faith?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Like trying not to speed but when you do
ya, trying not to do something has never worked for me. Tbh imo Paul was trying to address this--in English, i mean, in the original it is prolly addressed just fine--in that passage about doing what he doesn't want to do?
hey look at me God, am i so gooood, i keep the law
hmm, i guess that is kind of a milestone, even if it is a minimum standard? i used to be a lawbreaker, and i have to confess to some pride @ changing my mind there, so ya that was me too for a while

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but when i break it dont look please
ah, well obv that is not the formula, but then you gotta expect that from someone raised with an implied winner and loser imo, mjr.
They are natch going to manip themselves into the winner's circle simply as a matter of self-preservation imo, see, "Good News" is kind of a TIC thing, bc all one has to do is confess now, right, but who can do that as a Hegelian? And put themselves in with the losers, so to speak?

So you might see that we are talking about our siblings, say our younger siblings, that have been given an impossible ultimatum
so to speak
pretty sure i'm getting what i deserve, yeh, but if you see something say something, ok, any time i need friends that slap me on the back and tell me what a great guy i am i can go to the bar and buy the house a round :)
no need to be shy here imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ya, Luke 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them has a little hidden barb in it that most believers are not seeing either, i guess? If you are not being received, there is surely a good reason for that
I would like to fully understand what it is you are saying. Can you clarify please what you mean when you say 'no man can keep the law'. Because I certainly agree that no man, in his own strength, can do so. For outside of Christ, we are carnal, sold under sin, and the carnal mind is enmity with God, and cannot obey the law. But....Does that mean that no-one has the power to obey if they choose to through walking in the Spirit...walking by faith?
this hatred of the law ("Holy") bc it reveals sin becomes a sign, imo
and a certain interp will accompany "...cannot sin..." too i guess

Last edited:
B

brakelite

ya, Luke 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them has a little hidden barb in it that most believers are not seeing either, i guess? If you are not being received, there is surely a good reason for that

this hatred of the law ("Holy") bc it reveals sin becomes a sign, imo
and a certain interp will accompany "...cannot sin..." too i guess
Pr 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

Reactions: bbyrd009