Believers stay righteous through their obedience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It seems that many Christians look at "obedience" as a burden. We are His children and we act immature that way sometimes when we do not obey. We need to understand that obedience to our Creator is meant soley for our ultimate good. Our Father wants His children to be blessed beyond measure in many ways. Our obedience can be seen as access to His treasure to the fullest. Yes, even in this life! And yes it should def be His love for us that should cause us to WANT to obey, when we dis-obey, we grieve His Spirit. Saved by grace through faith alone=obey Him as a result. Good post JBF. ♥
Paul to the Romans speaks both of 'the obedience of faith' and 'obedience to the faith', at the beginning and at the end of the Epistle.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we do not love Jesus enough to obey His commandments, do we get to heaven?
(ref: Jesus' 4 separate verses in John 14)

If we are not Jesus' friends enough to obey His commandments, do we get to heaven?
(ref: Jesus' 1 verse in John 15)

Me? ... IMO, we must love Jesus and be His friend to get to heaven!
Saved by grace through faith alone in Jesus finished work on the cross, that is the only way TO be saved. Taking joy in obeying His commandments are what a saved person will WANT to do. Kind of like the fruit of the Spirit- these WILL come naturally to a born again believer in Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Saved by grace through faith alone in Jesus finished work on the cross, that is the only way TO be saved. Taking joy in obeying His commandments are what a saved person will WANT to do. Kind of like the fruit of the Spirit- these WILL come naturally to a born again believer in Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Well, exactly. Ephesians 2.8-10

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, why not just say,
"If a person does not love Jesus enough to obey His commandments, He will not make heaven"?
It's easier.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, why not just say,
"If a person does not love Jesus enough to obey His commandments, He will not make heaven"?
It's easier.
If a person does not love Jesus then, IMHO that person is not saved so then, no, that person will not "make it to heaven".

B

brakelite

nice imo

the Decalogue even got repealed now, is this what i am reading? How is it that a people so in love with The Rule of Law can get this so completely screwed up, do you think?
I could probably get a better handle on the concept of the whole Decalogue being repealed, than what is currently being taught that just one tenth of it being repealed.
Although, from a spiritual perspective, I can understand why the Sabbath is the focus of the enemy in this instance. It is the only commandment which identifies the God we serve. The Creator. One can keep all the other commandment to his his hearts content, but none would be the wiser as to whose God it is you worship. The moment one observes the Sabbath... All doubt is removed.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, why not just say,
It's easier.

Because it is not true. Of course they will end up in heaven....they WILL lose the reward of a ‘good and faithful servant’ ....and they will just lose the reward of The Overcomers . See the book of revelation ch 3 ...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because it is not true. Of course they will end up in heaven....they WILL lose the reward of a ‘good and faithful servant’ ....and they will just lose the reward of The Overcomers . See the book of revelation ch 3 ...
Than one day when the world wakes up and all these "Christians" finally discover that God doesn't follow the "RULES WE " made for Him, in that HE will save whom He will save and stuff christianity and all its man made regulations that keep people away from God through fear instead of letting them, go to Him in His love.

God bless

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lets make it clear.

1. God demands nothing of men, that is religions changing God from a loving father to an abusive one like men

This bit

Rom_1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

2. God required perfection from His Son, Jesus, whom delivered in full for our sakes, I have yet to see the perfect christians but i have seeing trillions of perfect religious people.

3. It is this false belief that becoming a Christian automatically makes you perfect, than when the poor "lamb" discovers they are not, they spend there whole lives living in fear, not faith, trying to fix what God said He would do. And the worst thing is it is "christians" that are demanding it, not Him.

4. As for the Sabbath, it was never ours still men think that somehow they can Please God but keeping the law, even just one bit and in doing so condemn themselves.

5. As for Sin it was around a long time before the "law" was ever given. If you make yourself a rule" law" and than fail to keep it, you have sinned, than the guilt creeps in and the enemy steals another from Gods Love and Grace,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I could probably get a better handle on the concept of the whole Decalogue being repealed, than what is currently being taught that just one tenth of it being repealed.
Although, from a spiritual perspective, I can understand why the Sabbath is the focus of the enemy in this instance. It is the only commandment which identifies the God we serve. The Creator. One can keep all the other commandment to his his hearts content, but none would be the wiser as to whose God it is you worship. The moment one observes the Sabbath... All doubt is removed.
wow, good point imo, i never really considered it that way; but i knew the candy and bunnies thing was cover when i was like 8 years old lol, can't even say why

"It is a choice between Judaism and Christianity" :rolleyes:
and then you woke up

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because it is not true. Of course they will end up in heaven....they WILL lose the reward of a ‘good and faithful servant’ ....and they will just lose the reward of The Overcomers .
See the book of revelation ch 3 ...
"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne,
as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." (Rev 3:21)

What did Jesus overcome? ... Sin, the world, the devil, death, etc.

So you see that overcoming is NOT believing that Jesus is the Son Of God (1 John 5:5).
Such a person has only overcome "the world" of non-believers!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

So you see that overcoming is NOT believing that Jesus is the Son Of God (1 John 5:5).

"Staying righteous through their obedience" Thread subject is a load of old crock. Total error.

Acts 10. God Himself said to Peter...making His point about what Peter felt was unclean through the law ...because Peter was hung up on the law.

"And the voice spake unto him again the second time, 'What God hath cleansed, that call not thou unclean."

Like I said...Believers 'trying' to stay righteous through obedience or any other way...is not Bible faith and not what GOD says.
It is pride of man. = it is saying:- I must help Jesus save me, His cross and His blood is not enough.'

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

nice imo, i'm wondering why i am contesting with you at any other point even? forget where now :)

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Staying righteous through their obedience" Thread subject is a load of old crock. Total error.

Acts 10. God Himself said to Peter...making His point about what Peter felt was unclean through the law ...because Peter was hung up on the law.

"And the voice spake unto him again the second time, 'What God hath cleansed, that call not thou unclean."

Like I said...Believers 'trying' to stay righteous through obedience or any other way...is not Bible faith and not what GOD says.
It is pride of man. = it is saying:- I must help Jesus save me, His cross and His blood is not enough.'

You have it right ByGrace. Since no one could keep the law Jesus kept it for us. For mankind to say Jesus only saved us so that ""WE"" could save ourselves by what we do is an affront to What God's Son has already done "FOR US" on the cross.

But mankind loves their religious works and wants God to pay them for them for doing them, (sound like Cain doesn't it). What an affront to Jesus who has already done it for those that believe He has.

Keep up the good work of proclaiming Jesus as the only one that can save the ungodly.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow, good point imo, i never really considered it that way; but i knew the candy and bunnies thing was cover when i was like 8 years old lol, can't even say why

"It is a choice between Judaism and Christianity" :rolleyes:
and then you woke up
In Judaism, keeping the law is a requirement: and Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, and Matthew 5:48 apply to all who seek to go in that way.

In Christianity, obedience is a privilege, the law does not condemn us from the outside (Romans 6:14, Romans 7:4, Romans 7:6, Galatians 2:19, Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14, Hebrews 7:18-19) but rather governs us from the inside (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:4, Romans 8:7; Romans 5:5 w/ Romans 13:8-10, 1 John 5:2-3, 2 John 1:6). Because we love the Lord, we obey Him. Because He loved us first (Romans 5:5, 1 John 4:19, Luke 7:36-50).

See also Psalms 110:3.

Reactions: Nancy