Believing In God Versus Knowing God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know there's a difference because I can feel that I'm in a special relationship with Him even though surprisingly I still have doubts from time to time, but it's rather difficult for me to define. :/

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know there's a difference because I can feel that I'm in a special relationship with Him even though surprisingly I still have doubts from time to time, but it's rather difficult for me to define. :/

Look at a couple scriptures that brings the believer into a new knowledge and understanding. It has to do with "the revelation of Jesus Christ." The indwelling Christ revealed in you - to you as your only life.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: - Galatians 1:11-12,15-16

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really like this video because at times I still question that I know I feel something I never felt before being in a relationship with Christ, but what if everything I believe is a lie and she breaks it down really good. :)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still have doubts from time to time

These are really different topics of conversation:
  1. Believing In God Versus Knowing God
  2. I still have doubts from time to time
My pastor recently said the difference between belief and faith is belief is just words but faith is always tied to action. However, even that is not the same as the above 2 talking points.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are really different topics of conversation:
  1. Believing In God Versus Knowing God
  2. I still have doubts from time to time
My pastor recently said the difference between belief and faith is belief is just words but faith is always tied to action. However, even that is not the same as the above 2 talking points.

Actually I think it's more like the difference between unbelief and doubt is unbelief is not wanting a relationship with Christ and doubt is wanting one but your mind has some questions. I used to think that God would get angry at me for asking me these questions and damn me to hell for them,.. but then I realized that the difference between me and an unbeliever is I am seeking to find the truth and I want to know the answers. The thing that confuses me is why I have these doubts when I feel like I have a relationship with Christ and that was the reason for my topic.

I guess I can sort of answer my own question now though with I know of the president of the United States, but I don't have a personal relationship with him. (And I wouldn't want too either lol) But the question I still have is how I can go from just being a believer to actually know that I know Him?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I am OK with saying I know God, I also have to clarify that in no way am I attempting to claim that I know all about God. One thing that remains a mystery to me is God's timing.

My wife and I said many times, if it were up to us, Jesus would have already returned by now.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we might not know everything about Him but He sure knows everything about us. He knows every hair on our head and everything we're going to do even before we do it.