• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So after being on drugs and nearly losing my mind, I came back like the prodigal son. In the process, I noticed something about the Devil, that you can't usually tell: I realised that the Devil wasn't ready to let me go, because in his heart, he thought himself to be special. The Bible talks a little about the Devil, having a flaw - that he was perfect until he developed this "flaw". It is - because of Jesus - now possible to tell what that flaw was.

What's wrong with thinking yourself "special"? Put simply, it is vanity. Jesus said "which of you by worrying, can add one cubit to his stature?" (gospels, from memory). If you are tempted to think you are special, you begin to worry that you are not special enough. If you are not special enough, you start to distrust the one who made you. You start to doubt God, to the point that you hate Him. That's the Devil's sin.

Now, do we convict the Devil? As I stated in another thread we first need to know three things: what he's done wrong, who he's done wrong to and where those who follow him are going to end up wrong. In that order then, we first need to give account that he's thought himself too special, that he's hated God (unjustifiably) and those who follow him are going to think themselves special, for reasons that are irrational. This is where Ray Comfort's teaching about the importance of the Ten Commandments, definitely comes into play: people should not think themselves special, while they commit all kinds of sin.

Do you think you are special? Has the Devil beguiled you into thinking that God does not know, how special you are? You can't be special without God! Only God has the capacity to appreciate what He has Created, from the perspective of someone who loved being a part of your becoming special. As such we ought to give praise, to God. He is deserving, He is trustworthy, He is affectionate. The Devil could be loving if he wanted to, but he can't let go of the idea, that he is the source of his being special.

In truth, vanity can be tolerated. I have not suggested that we set out to demonize the Devil. We are sinners too. I'm saying that when the Devil persecutes you (and he does persecute), it's not difficult to remember where his persecution started: with himself (his being special in his own imagination). If we can remember this and tolerate it, we will be blessed in Heaven, to be above falling (because we trusted God), to be ready (with inspiration of righteousness in our heart) and to be calm (of spirit, knowing that we cannot be made to stumble).

I hope this has been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In principle, the Devil is a 'slave' to thinking he is special.

He will always destroy that which keeps him from thinking, that his specialness is growing.

Take it to heart, that if you find nothing special about yourself, you are free of the Devil!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" ... This is what the Sovereign LORD says: “ ‘You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden
, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: carnelian, chrysolite and emerald, topaz, onyx and jasper, lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared.
You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones.
You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you.
Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones.
Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings.
By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching.
All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more.’ ”
Ezek. 28:12-19

How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit. (Tartarus)

Isaiah 14:12-15

These descriptions of Lucifer turned to Satan are historical and prophetic. His judgment was to be not high and lofty, but lowly and his assignment, to be the opposing force against God for a purpose in God's plan.
Not only his existence as the serpent/ dragon, the god of darkness, father of lies, hate, violence, who seeks to devour and destroy us; but he would meet his final doom, to be destroyed in the Lake of Fire and be one more.

Lucifer was beautiful, the most glorious and esteened among all angels, the bright morning star who became vain and prideful. That wasn't enough. He wanted to be like God.
IMHO, I suspect God's creation of man and His love for us rubbed Lucifer the wrong way. Envy, jealousy grew.
Realizing that the purpose of angels was not to serve themselves but to serve and minister man likely set him off.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all unique beings and special to God. He loves mankind as a good Father would. He does things to make our lives better. I can see in my life that he cares deeply about me and I believe he cares about all of us too.

The devil failed because he made himself the accuser of his brethren, trying to defend his own sinful ways by saying we are no different. He also defies God and proclaims that he is God. There is much wrong with the devil.

But I wouldn't think we are too special to not be destroyed in hell. We should strive to obey God and his commandments.

Reactions: Cassandra

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pride is the proper word. Ezekiel chapter 28 . Lucifer downfall was vanity and Pride. Satan exalted himself beyond God and everyone else.
We see this today in many people. Whether Christian or heathen. Pride !.
Jesus gave analogy of Richman and Lazarus in Luke chapter 16.
What was wrong with Richman??.
He was self centered and self gratification.
These are the traits of Lucifer. The Richman would not repent and conform to God's standard.
He followed pattern of the world. Lazarus was innocent, and humble. The angels carried Lazarus to bosom of Abraham.
Lazarus is in paradise.
Galatians chapter 5 . Be led by the spirit. The flesh leads to destruction. Get the picture.
The children of darkness follow the flesh.
Children of light are led by the spirit.
We see the downfall for the children of darkness.
Those walking in darkness follow the pattern of satan.
It doesn't appeal to many people to take up their own cross daily and follow Jesus.
Jesus is only way to heaven. Yet many people think they can get in own thier own terms.
Those walking in darkness don't want to be around anyone who is child of light.
Satan's temple and Gods temple have no concord, 2 Corinthians 6:18.
The children of darkness are following satan. They don't want accountability.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno