Believing in Jesus Christ Is How We Are Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BELIEVE/FAITH is a works Gospel and contrary to Ephesians 2:8-9:

8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9) NOT of WORKS, lest any man should boast.

Why did you STOP there?
Read on to verse 10 . . .

Eph. 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

In verses 8 & 9 - Paul is talking about works ALONE. which are worthless.
God created works of faith for us to do in advance - therefore, we COULDN'T boast even if we wanted to. These are the works that are an essential element of faith, as Jesus (Matt. 15:31-46) and James explains (Jam4es 2:14-26).
John 6:63-66:

63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
64) But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who shall betray him.
65) And he said, Therefor said I unto you, that no man can come to me, except it were given unto him of my Father
66) From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

To God Be The Glory
You took this completely OUT of context.

In this passage - Jesus is telling the crown that they can't nelieve what He is telling them about eating His flesh and driunking His blood because it has NOT been releaved to them by the Father.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Paul said that denying men marriage, (sexual union with a Wife)..... is a "doctrine of Devils'.

Here is the verse......"""

"""Now the Holy Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils
3 Forbidding to marry"""""

So, when you promote a Doctrine of Satan as the requirement for your Priest's priesthood, you then reap the consequences among them regarding doing the devil's work for over a Thousand years.

The "cult of the virgin" forbids a male, who wants to be a Priest, who feels called of God to serve in the "cult of the virgin", ....He is forbidden to touch a woman in Holy Matrimony. He must submit to the doctrine of Devils that the "cult of the Virgin" enforces upon him that for his entire life suppresses his normal sex drive, represses it .... by denying Him His God Given natural instinct to reproduce the species with a wife, as God designed......as "two shall become one flesh".

Final Analysis : The "cult of the virgin" is causing CAUSING their long history of child abuse by Priests, by demanding that a Catholic Priest submit to a lifetime of slow torture = suppressed normal sexual desires, which has lead to the recorded history of pedophilia among Priests who serve in the "cult of the Virgin".

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why dows that matter? What kind of faith did Judas have?

There have been evil men within the Church from the very beginning - and Jesus WARNED about them.
This doesn't mean that the entire Church is eviol.

What kind of faith do all of the bad Protestant pasaters have?

I do not believe any Protestant churches herald apostolic succession as the Catholic Church does with the theme of infallible Popes and all that.

It was your judgment from your previous post was why I had asked about the faith of those 10 evil Popes by their evil works.

"You may THINK you have true faith – by if you’re not willing to DO (cooperate with) what God wants – then you will wind up with the Goats (Matt. 25:41) . . ."

So did those 10 evil Popes winded up with the goats or what? Of course, by your standard of judgment, so are all the other Protestant pastors that commit the same sins, but it should disprove apostolic succession, right? And also the infallible Pope belief. This is by your judgment.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely no one who doesn't believe in Jesus will be saved for sure Chris, but don't forget the other part, doing the will of God is what actually saves Mat 7:21
John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin

There is no discipleship without repentance as that is what running that race is all about in looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin to be accepted by the Bridegroom as a vessel unto honor in Hs House to attend the Marriage Supper in Heaven.

You are saved for why & how you are in that race with Jesus Christ in you so you can run that race.

Not in you, but as your leader. Christians are followers of Jesus, Jesus is a spirit, who resides in heaven, he does not possess an individual as demons have been recorded as doing. You may have meant that, but I wanted to clarify that point, Jesus is not in us, but we are saved for the why and how that we run that race with endurance. Those who obey the gospel will be saved, a promise from God.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not in you, but as your leader.
Both statements are true.

1. Romans 8:9
    You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

2. Romans 8:10
    But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.

3. Romans 8:11
    And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Reactions: Christ4Me

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said that denying men marriage, (sexual union with a Wife)..... is a "doctrine of Devils'.

Here is the verse......"""

"""Now the Holy Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils
3 Forbidding to marry"""""

So, when you promote a Doctrine of Satan as the requirement for your Priest's priesthood, you then reap the consequences among them regarding doing the devil's work for over a Thousand years.

The "cult of the virgin" forbids a male, who wants to be a Priest, who feels called of God to serve in the "cult of the virgin", ....He is forbidden to touch a woman in Holy Matrimony. He must submit to the doctrine of Devils that the "cult of the Virgin" enforces upon him that for his entire life suppresses his normal sex drive, represses it .... by denying Him His God Given natural instinct to reproduce the species with a wife, as God designed......as "two shall become one flesh".

Final Analysis : The "cult of the virgin" is causing CAUSING their long history of child abuse by Priests, by demanding that a Catholic Priest submit to a lifetime of slow torture = suppressed normal sexual desires, which has lead to the recorded history of pedophilia among Priests who serve in the "cult of the Virgin".
THANK YOU for once again illustrating your total ignorance of the Scriptures.
You never fail to completely bungle a Scriptural passage . . .

Even a NOVIE to the Scriptures knows that Paul was referring to the Gnostic heretics here in 1 Tim. 4.
It was the Gnostics who forbade certain foods, marriage and ALL earthly possessions as "evil".

The Church's practice of priestly celibacy was a DISCIPLINE that was not only practiced by Paul - but one that he recommended (1 Cor. 7:1, 1 Cor. 7:7, 1 Cor. 7:26, 1 Cor 7:32).

He ALSO recommended mortification of the flesh as a means of strengthening resistance to sin (Romans 8:13, 1 Cor. 9:27, Col. 3:5, Gal. 5:24) - which includes the Church's discipline about fasting and abstinence on certain days.

Finally – as to your idiotic notion that celibacy "automatically" creates pedophiles – what excuse do YOU and your splintered Protestant factions have in the face of so much molestation going on in YOUR sects?
Evangelicals ‘worse’ than Catholics on sexual abuse

Evangelical Sex Abuse Record ‘Worse’ Than Catholic, Says Billy Graham’s Grandson

Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’

Child Sex Abuse More Prevalent Among Protestants Than Among Catholics

There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic

Catholic priests no guiltier of sex abuse than other clergy

Data Shed Light on Child Sexual Abuse by Protestant Clergy

Blogger Who Exposed Protestant Sex Abuse Cover Up Sued By Her Pastor

Denial About Sexual Abuse In Evangelical Churches

Southern Baptists Apologize For Sex Abuse Coverups

U.S. Protestants’ Views Mixed about Extent of Clergy Sexual Abuse

Churchgoers Split on Existence of More Sexual Abuse by Pastors

Confronting Evangelical Enabling of Sexual Abuse

Child abuse a Calvinist problem, podcast says

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in you, but as your leader. Christians are followers of Jesus, Jesus is a spirit, who resides in heaven, he does not possess an individual as demons have been recorded as doing. You may have meant that, but I wanted to clarify that point, Jesus is not in us, but we are saved for the why and how that we run that race with endurance. Those who obey the gospel will be saved, a promise from God.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THANK YOU for once again illustrating your total ignorance of the Scriptures.
You never fail to completely bungle a Scriptural passage . . .

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

I reckon you are running out of patience and meekness and gentleness then. Maybe you should take a break before replying like that again.

Even a NOVIE to the Scriptures knows that Paul was referring to the Gnostic heretics here in 1 Tim. 4.
It was the Gnostics who forbade certain foods, marriage and ALL earthly possessions as "evil".

I do not believe Paul identified them as Gnostics here in context, but Paul was addressing how believers will fall away from the faith in giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils which is what? Receiving those spirits again and again and again after a sign like a medium does.

Granted those that have gone astray will speak lies, but it is seducing spirts that have taken hold of their attention & focus in getting them to seek after them for a continual visitation & filling.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

The Church's practice of priestly celibacy was a DISCIPLINE that was not only practiced by Paul - but one that he recommended (1 Cor. 7:1, 1 Cor. 7:7, 1 Cor. 7:26, 1 Cor 7:32).

Paul said that to every believer, but if they could not contain, to let them marry les they burn. So Paul would definitely speak against the vow of celibacy.

1 Corinthians 7:8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I. 9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Galatians 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Paul did say for a priest or bishop to be married for a reason, because if they cannot manage their own house, how can they take care of the house of God?

1 Timothy 3:1his is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Then I came across a saying in the Catholic Church that if a priest marries, they can only perform communion. Now how does that not make it look like the unmarried priest has power to pull Christ from Heaven in putting Him in the bread & the wine in performing the Eucharist in the Mass?

1 Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

He ALSO recommended mortification of the flesh as a means of strengthening resistance to sin (Romans 8:13, 1 Cor. 9:27, Col. 3:5, Gal. 5:24) - which includes the Church's discipline about fasting and abstinence on certain days.

Matthew 6:16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; 18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

The Church is not listening to Jesus about fasting either.

Finally – as to your idiotic notion that celibacy "automatically" creates pedophiles – what excuse do YOU and your splintered Protestant factions have in the face of so much molestation going on in YOUR sects?

My point was about the judgment you had shared in that post about those needing to be obedient to God about, to avoid being the goats.

I agree that any Christian doing the same thing are in danger of being the goats but that does not excise this so called apostolic succession nor the infallible Pope doctrine as still being true when obviously some are in danger of being judged as goats when the Bridegroom comes.

I believe you are saved because you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God had raised Him from the dead but I believe the Catholic Church has robbed you of the joy of your salvation if you continue to believe you are not saved yet but needing to be a member of the Catholic church and doing the sacraments within in order to achieve that salvation, thus laboring unbelief.

We are to follow Him by trusting Jesus Christ to help us lay aside every weight & sin as well as iniquities of dead works that deny Him, daily so we can be accepted by the Bridegroom as vessels unto honor in His House to attend the marriage Supper in heaven when He comes, but we run that race as saved believers for why we are in that race and how we are running that race by faith in Jesus Christ to finish His work in us to His glory.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

I reckon you are running out of patience and meekness and gentleness then. Maybe you should take a break before replying like that again.

I do not believe Paul identified them as Gnostics here in context, but Paul was addressing how believers will fall away from the faith in giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils which is what? Receiving those spirits again and again and again after a sign like a medium does.

Granted those that have gone astray will speak lies, but it is seducing spirts that have taken hold of their attention & focus in getting them to seek after them for a continual visitation & filling.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Paul said that to every believer, but if they could not contain, to let them marry les they burn. So Paul would definitely speak against the vow of celibacy.

1 Corinthians 7:8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I. 9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Galatians 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Paul did say for a priest or bishop to be married for a reason, because if they cannot manage their own house, how can they take care of the house of God?

1 Timothy 3:1his is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Then I came across a saying in the Catholic Church that if a priest marries, they can only perform communion. Now how does that not make it look like the unmarried priest has power to pull Christ from Heaven in putting Him in the bread & the wine in performing the Eucharist in the Mass?

1 Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Matthew 6:16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; 18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

My point was about the judgment you had shared in that post about those needing to be obedient to God about, to avoid being the goats.

I agree that any Christian doing the same thing are in danger of being the goats but that does not excise this so called apostolic succession nor the infallible Pope doctrine as still being true when obviously some are in danger of being judged as goats when the Bridegroom comes.

I believe you are saved because you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God had raised Him from the dead but I believe the Catholic Church has robbed you of the joy of your salvation if you continue to believe you are not saved yet but needing to be a member of the Catholic church and doing the sacraments within in order to achieve that salvation, thus laboring unbelief.

We are to follow Him by trusting Jesus Christ to help us lay aside every weight & sin as well as iniquities of dead works that deny Him, daily so we can be accepted by the Bridegroom as vessels unto honor in His House to attend the marriage Supper in heaven when He comes, but we run that race as saved believers for why we are in that race and how we are running that race by faith in Jesus Christ to finish His work in us to His glory.
“There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church,” Bishop Fulton J. Sheen famously said, “but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”

As we at the Catholic League know, today there are many in America who do hate the Catholic Church, primarily for certain of its teachings—on marriage and family, human sexuality, the sanctity of life—that conflict with the materialism and hedonism of our age. But here too, those who hate the Church are guilty of falsely caricaturing its teachings, practices and history, in order to discredit its voice.

DEBUNKING POPULAR ANTI-CATHOLIC LIES

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe any Protestant churches herald apostolic succession as the Catholic Church does with the theme of infallible Popes and all that.

It was your judgment from your previous post was why I had asked about the faith of those 10 evil Popes by their evil works.
Wrong.

I was merely pointing out the complete hypocrisy of YOUR post for asking the idiotic question - "What faith did these evil Popes had?"" - by showing you some of the sins of your Protestant leaders.
"You may THINK you have true faith – by if you’re not willing to DO (cooperate with) what God wants – then you will wind up with the Goats (Matt. 25:41) . . ."

So did those 10 evil Popes winded up with the goats or what? Of course, by your standard of judgment, so are all the other Protestant pastors that commit the same sins, but it should disprove apostolic succession, right? And also the infallible Pope belief. This is by your judgment.
Nope - I leave the judgement of souls up to GOD. That's HIS job - not mine, OR yours.

I don't know how a bad Pope could "disprove" Apostolic Successsion.
Explain . . .

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church,” Bishop Fulton J. Sheen famously said, “but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”

As we at the Catholic League know, today there are many in America who do hate the Catholic Church, primarily for certain of its teachings—on marriage and family, human sexuality, the sanctity of life—that conflict with the materialism and hedonism of our age. But here too, those who hate the Church are guilty of falsely caricaturing its teachings, practices and history, in order to discredit its voice.

DEBUNKING POPULAR ANTI-CATHOLIC LIES

I do not hate all churches when there are iniquities found in all churches; so you do not get to imply that I hate the Catholic Church.

Reactions: Cassandra

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not at ALL.
I rebuke false teachers publibly, per the Scriptures . . .
Eph. 5:11
Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

1 Tim. 5:20 .
As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

So, don't pervert Scripture - and I won't have to rebuke uyou publicly . . .

WOW
- so much nonsense, it's difficult to know exactly where to begin.

First of all - the Church agrees with Paul on his advice that a person should marry if they cannot contain themsellves as a celibate person. This is why it takes YEARS for a priest to become a priest - so that they can discern this decision.

As for 1 Tim. 3 - Paul is talking about the the fact that a Bishop should ONLY have one wife - NOT that he SHOULD have a wife.
In the 1st century, polygamy was rampant - especially in the pagan cultures that Paul was exangelizing. Polugamists were NOT to be Bishops - but only men who had ONE wife or were UNMARRIED, as Paul receommended in his Letter to the Ephesians.

Maybe it's better if you did your homework instead of making these moronc assertions . . .

And YOU fail to understand that to follow Christ is to follow His Church.
- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
- Jesus said that HE is the Light of the World (John 8:12).
Jesus also said that His Church is the Light of the world (Matt. 5:14).
- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- Jesus told the leaders of His Church that WHATEVER they bound or loosed on earth would ALSO be bound and loosed in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, John 20:21-23).
- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Jesus said about his Church: “Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME" (Luke 10:16).

No Church, No Christ.
Know His Church - Know Christ.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

I was merely pointing out the complete hypocrisy of YOUR post for asking the idiotic question - "What faith did these evil Popes had?"" - by showing you some of the sins of your Protestant leaders.

This is your quote; ""You may THINK you have true faith by if you’re not willing to DO (cooperate with) what God wants – then you will wind up with the Goats (Matt. 25:41) . . ."

That is why I had asked that question. "What faith did these evil Popes had?" because they obviously were not willing and did not do ( cooperate ) what God wants, right?

Nope - I leave the judgement of souls up to GOD. That's HIS job - not mine, OR yours.

I believe you were referring a judgment from scripture was why I had asked per your application of that judgment.

I don't know how a bad Pope could "disprove" Apostolic Successsion.
Explain . . .

What the Early Church Believed: Apostolic Succession

"The first Christians had no doubts about how to determine which was the true Church and which doctrines the true teachings of Christ. The test was simple: Just trace the apostolic succession of the claimants." end of quote

So 10 evil Popes that we know about, should that disprove the Catholic Church as the true Church which doctrines the true teachings of Christ? Not to mention the clear obvious fact that the Eucharist, the Mass, and the sacraments as well as being a member of the Catholic Church was nothing Jesus had taught for obtaining salvation by.

"Apostolic succession is the line of bishops stretching back to the apostles. All over the world, all Catholic bishops are part of a lineage that goes back to the time of the apostles, something that is impossible in Protestant denominations (most of which do not even claim to have bishops)." end of quote

One has to prove the lineage as connecting to Peter and they did not. Clement 1 was a covetous Pope that sent collectors to all the churches to take a portion of their collection to bring back to Rome. That was what his first letter to the Corinthians was about. From the get go, as far as representing the Church at Rome which Peter never did, even in his epistles, the RCC was a bogus church, seeking authority over all churches for covetous means. Catholic Churches today have to give tributaries to those above them, yes?

"The role of apostolic succession in preserving true doctrine is illustrated in the Bible. To make sure that the apostles’ teachings would be passed down after the deaths of the apostles, Paul told Timothy, “[W]hat you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also” (2 Tim. 2:2). In this passage he refers to the first three generations of apostolic succession—his own generation," end of quote

That would make Timothy the second Pope of Rome but that didn't happen. Just pointing out the obvious, brother.

Leave the Catholic church. You are saved without being a member of it.

Be a disciple of Jesus Christ in following Him & His words, not a disciple of the Catholic church in following her and her words.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Be a disciple of Jesus Christ in following Him & His words, not a disciple of the Catholic church in following her and her words.
Yes! Jesus and only Jesus. We can be saved even if we never set foot in a church building for it is how we respond to Jesus that gives us salvation and righteousness and new life.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is your quote; ""You may THINK you have true faith by if you’re not willing to DO (cooperate with) what God wants – then you will wind up with the Goats (Matt. 25:41) . . ."

That is why I had asked that question. "What faith did these evil Popes had?" because they obviously were not willing and did not do ( cooperate ) what God wants, right?
Once again – whether or not there were some Pops in history who were “bad” men is irrelevant.

God CAN and HAS worked His will through evil men and will continue to do so at His pleasure. It’s NO different from the good He has worked through evil men within Protestantism.

I believe you were referring a judgment from scripture was why I had asked per your application of that judgment.
I don’t “apply” judgement – GOD does.
What the Early Church Believed: Apostolic Succession
"The first Christians had no doubts about how to determine which was the true Church and which doctrines the true teachings of Christ. The test was simple: Just trace the apostolic succession of the claimants." end of quote

So 10 evil Popes that we know about, should that disprove the Catholic Church as the true Church which doctrines the true teachings of Christ? Not to mention the clear obvious fact that the Eucharist, the Mass, and the sacraments as well as being a member of the Catholic Church was nothing Jesus had taught for obtaining salvation by.

"Apostolic succession is the line of bishops stretching back to the apostles. All over the world, all Catholic bishops are part of a lineage that goes back to the time of the apostles, something that is impossible in Protestant denominations (most of which do not even claim to have bishops)." end of quote
EASY –

There has never been a Pope – “evil” man or not – who has ever taught heresy.
There were some, as you pointed out, that were not personally or morally upstanding – but that is irrelevant.
One has to prove the lineage as connecting to Peter and they did not. Clement 1 was a covetous Pope that sent collectors to all the churches to take a portion of their collection to bring back to Rome. That was what his first letter to the Corinthians was about. From the get go, as far as representing the Church at Rome which Peter never did, even in his epistles, the RCC was a bogus church, seeking authority over all churches for covetous means. Catholic Churches today have to give tributaries to those above them, yes?

"The role of apostolic succession in preserving true doctrine is illustrated in the Bible. To make sure that the apostles’ teachings would be passed down after the deaths of the apostles, Paul told Timothy, “[W]hat you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also” (2 Tim. 2:2). In this passage he refers to the first three generations of apostolic succession—his own generation," end of quote

That would make Timothy the second Pope of Rome but that didn't happen. Just pointing out the obvious, brother.
Leave the Catholic church. You are saved without being a member of it.
After reading the rest of your rant – it’s blindingly clear that you don’t understand what Apostolic Succession is.

It does NOT only apply to the Pope, as you seen to think
Apostolic Succession applies to ALL of the ordained clergy because they (Priests and Deacon) were ordained by Bishops, whose lineage goes all the way back to the Apostles. Therefore, there is NO issue with the fact that Timothy was NOT a Pope.

Finally – your advice about leaving the Church - Is to leave CHRIST. The Church is NOT a separate entity. Apparently – YOU don’t understand what the Church is, so I suggest to RE-READ post #36, where I gave you a Biblical definition . . .

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again – whether or not there were some Pops in history who were “bad” men is irrelevant.

God CAN and HAS worked His will through evil men and will continue to do so at His pleasure. It’s NO different from the good He has worked through evil men within Protestantism.

I don’t “apply” judgement – GOD does.
EASY –

There has never been a Pope – “evil” man or not – who has ever taught heresy.
There were some, as you pointed out, that were not personally or morally upstanding – but that is irrelevant.

After reading the rest of your rant – it’s blindingly clear that you don’t understand what Apostolic Succession is.

It does NOT only apply to the Pope, as you seen to think
Apostolic Succession applies to ALL of the ordained clergy because they (Priests and Deacon) were ordained by Bishops, whose lineage goes all the way back to the Apostles. Therefore, there is NO issue with the fact that Timothy was NOT a Pope.

Finally – your advice about leaving the Church - Is to leave CHRIST. The Church is NOT a separate entity. Apparently – YOU don’t understand what the Church is, so I suggest to RE-READ post #36, where I gave you a Biblical definition . . .

Obviously, neither one of us are going to agree except to agree to disagree.

Just know that you are still my brother, and at risk of being left behind when the Bridegroom comes, but you are still saved as your spirit will be with the Lord when you die, awaiting for your resurrection after the great tribulation. I do hope the Lord deliver you before He comes. He could still do it.