Believing in Jesus Christ Is How We Are Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not talking about discipleship that follows the gospel which is important to be accepted by the Bridegroom; but I am talking about the Good News to man, the gospel of Jesus Christ in how we are actually saved by only believing in Him, even in His name.

This thread is for believers that wish to share the scriptures that testify to this Good News.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

By believing in Him, even in His name, is all it takes to be saved by faith in Jesus Christ.

How we live that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ is by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily is living a life of repentance in being His disciple until He comes as the Bridegroom to receive us.

Those who agree with me about how we are saved by believing in Him, may the Lord lead you to share other scriptures too in testifying to the Good News to man in Christ Jesus.

If you are led to share a lot of scriptures, be sure to break it up into smaller posts please.

Thank you in advance.

May God cause the increase to restore the joy of salvation to doubting believers.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not talking about discipleship that follows the gospel which is important to be accepted by the Bridegroom; but I am talking about the Good News to man, the gospel of Jesus Christ in how we are actually saved by only believing in Him, even in His name.

This thread is for believers that wish to share the scriptures that testify to this Good News.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

By believing in Him, even in His name, is all it takes to be saved by faith in Jesus Christ.

How we live that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ is by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily is living a life of repentance in being His disciple until He comes as the Bridegroom to receive us.

Those who agree with me about how we are saved by believing in Him, may the Lord lead you to share other scriptures too in testifying to the Good News to man in Christ Jesus.

If you are led to share a lot of scriptures, be sure to break it up into smaller posts please.

Thank you in advance.

May God cause the increase to restore the joy of salvation to doubting believers.

Absolutely no one who doesn't believe in Jesus will be saved for sure Chris, but don't forget the other part, doing the will of God is what actually saves Mat 7:21

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely no one who doesn't believe in Jesus will be saved for sure Chris,

What if the will of God is any one believing in Jesus Christ are saved is what makes a believer related to one another after salvation has been done?

Matthew 12:46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

but don't forget the other part, doing the will of God is what actually saves Mat 7:21

Discipleship is being led by the Spirit to look to the Author & Finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily, walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son to bear fruit so that our joy may be full in being partakers with the firstfruits of the resurrection with Christ in being ready to be accepted & received by the Bridegroom at the rapture event.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Those not found abiding in Him & His words but in iniquity for why they are being denied by Him & left behind as castaways, are still saved because that seal of adoption is not going anywhere, but like the prodigal son in losing his first inheritance to wild living, he is still son.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

I should point out that you are only quoting John here. John's message should not be understood as what is possible for the human intellect to conjure up. His writings a very spiritual in nature.

John quotes Jesus as saying "believe "into" (eis)". That is not a human kind of belief. It is the faith that moves mountains. Making a formula out of these verses is only appropriate if you understand the depth of what is being said.

In Christ is no sin. Believing INTO Christ gives one the victory over sin.

The Bible interprets the Bible. The formula is ....Jesus came INTO the world so that those who believe INTO Him might have light and life.

John 12:46 KJV
I am come a light into (eis) the world, that whosoever believeth on (Actually INTO, eis) me should not abide in darkness.

John is too deep for most people to understand. He speaks in mysteries....the mystery of the power of God to translate people INTO His Kingdom realm.

If you believe INTO Christ then you have (right now) an eternal kind of life being experienced. That is the gist of it.

Reactions: faithfulness

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should point out that you are only quoting John here. John's message should not be understood as what is possible for the human intellect to conjure up. His writings a very spiritual in nature.

John quotes Jesus as saying "believe "into" (eis)". That is not a human kind of belief. It is the faith that moves mountains. Making a formula out of these verses is only appropriate if you understand the depth of what is being said.

In Christ is no sin. Believing INTO Christ gives one the victory over sin.

The Bible interprets the Bible. The formula is ....Jesus came INTO the world so that those who believe INTO Him might have light and life.

John 12:46 KJV
I am come a light into (eis) the world, that whosoever believeth on (Actually INTO, eis) me should not abide in darkness.

John is too deep for most people to understand. He speaks in mysteries....the mystery of the power of God to translate people INTO His Kingdom realm.

If you believe INTO Christ then you have (right now) an eternal kind of life being experienced. That is the gist of it.

Sinners cannot depart from all sins when they need Jesus Christ in them so they can run that race daily in looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin, therefore the only repentance required to be saved is to repent from unbelief by believing in Him to be saved.

Once saved, His disciples are to teach new believers everything He has taught them to be free from living in sin by walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.... 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

That is the point of discipleship for abiding in Him so that our joy may be full.

Otherwise, by not abiding in Him, our joy may not be full and at risk of being cut off from the vine and left behind when the Bridegroom comes to judge His House first. There is no loss of salvation, but loss of their first inheritance of being partakers of the firstfruits of the resurrection, thus like the prodigal son when they get left behind, cannot get that first inheritance back, but he is still son.

They will exists as vessels unto dishonor in His House, as vessels of wood & earth for not departing from iniquity to be ready to go as they will be resurrected after the great tribulation as vessels of wood & earth to serve the King of kings on earth in raising up generations following them in that 1000 year reign in Christ.

Why do they exists in that great house? They testify to the power of God in salvation for all who believe in Jesus Christ, even in His name.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

So that race to run is not to obtain salvation but to be accepted by Him as we look to Him to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily to be accepted by him when he comes as the Bridegroom to avoid being left behind and damned as vessels unto dishonor, but still in His House just as the least are still in the kingdom of heaven for breaking even the lats of his commandments and teaches others so.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Salvation is by believing in Jesus Christ and once saved, sinners have hope in Jesus Christ to deliver them from their sins in living a life of repentance as they can only live that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ daily as the just shall live by faith.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you in advance.

John 12:32
32 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."

This is a verse that always made me think that it was Moses bronze serpent, I no longer think that but, Christ's being "lifted up" but, am moving towards the fact that Jesus ASCENDED UP into heaven to sit at the right hand of The Father is what this could be speaking of.

"...choose life or death" (Deuteronomy 30:15–20, John 3:16–18).

Scripture say's we cannot please God without faith, that He wills none to perish 2 Peter 3:8–9.
And that the gospel is now available to all men through Jesus death and resurrection (Titus 2:11).

We either have faith or doubt, there's no in between, and that is a choice.

Look at Eve, Satan tempted her to disobey God and...she CHOSE wrong.

God foreknew all of us and knows the beginning from the end therefore, He predestines those who CHOOSE LIFE. Romans 8:29
All have the chance to be saved through Jesus = choice.

God foreknew ALL men: Psalms 139:13–16, Galatians 1:15, Ephesians 1:3–4.

Faith is the condition for salvation based on what the Bible tells us in more than one place. This disproves the idea of unconditional election.
The condition for salvation is FAITH, and is told us in several places in the bible. Which, IMHO disproves unconditional election.

So much more to say about the doctrine of Calvinism...too much to write in one post. Really want to write about their "Limited Atonement". Maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: Lambano

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if the will of God is any one believing in Jesus Christ are saved is what makes a believer related to one another after salvation has been done?

Matthew 12:46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Discipleship is being led by the Spirit to look to the Author & Finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily, walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son to bear fruit so that our joy may be full in being partakers with the firstfruits of the resurrection with Christ in being ready to be accepted & received by the Bridegroom at the rapture event.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Those not found abiding in Him & His words but in iniquity for why they are being denied by Him & left behind as castaways, are still saved because that seal of adoption is not going anywhere, but like the prodigal son in losing his first inheritance to wild living, he is still son.

Why are you posting here Chris?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what does the Bible define asa "Believing" in Jesus Christ?
Remember - even the DEMONS belive in the truths about God (James 2:19).

No - "believing" in christ meand DOING what He says. Matt. 7:21 states firmly:
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Believing in christ includes:
- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)
- Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)
- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)
- Doing the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)
- Suffering with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

If ALL you do is "believe", yet refuse to DO - you cannot possibly be saved.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No salvation apart from repentance Luke 13:3; confession Matthew 10:32-33; baptism Mark 16:16

@Robert Gwin

There is no discipleship without repentance as that is what running that race is all about in looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin to be accepted by the Bridegroom as a vessel unto honor in Hs House to attend the Marriage Supper in Heaven.

You are saved for why & how you are in that race with Jesus Christ in you so you can run that race.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Suffering with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

Galatians 3:1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Faith alone in Jesus Christ without water baptism is how we are saved otherwise even one step towards saving yourself by water baptism would be seen as trying to finish by the flesh what was begun in the Spirit. But you & the Catholic Church do not stop there, You & the Catholic Church add even more steps with no end in sight to tell any one that you are saved. Where is the Good News to man? Where is the joy of your salvation?

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 3:1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Faith alone in Jesus Christ without water baptism is how we are saved otherwise even one step towards saving yourself by water baptism would be seen as trying to finish by the flesh what was begun in the Spirit. But you & the Catholic Church do not stop there, You & the Catholic Church add even more steps with no end in sight to tell any one that you are saved. Where is the Good News to man? Where is the joy of your salvation?

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
This is absolute anti-Biblical nonsense.

First of all "Faith" is NOT just "believing". As I educated you on my last post - even the DEMONS believe in God and tremble (James 2:19). Are THEY saved??

Secondly - As Jesus (Matt. 7:21, Matt. 28:21-46), James (James 2:14-26) and Paul (1 Cor. 13:1013, Gal. 5:6) teach - faith includesa obedience/works of love.

Baptism is part of that onedience of faith - asa Baptism washes away our sins and regenerates us in the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:28, 1 Pet. 3:24, Col. 2:11-12, Tit. 3:4-8).

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is absolute anti-Biblical nonsense.

First of all "Faith" is NOT just "believing". As I educated you on my last post - even the DEMONS believe in God and tremble (James 2:19). Are THEY saved??

Secondly - As Jesus (Matt. 7:21, Matt. 28:21-46), James (James 2:14-26) and Paul (1 Cor. 13:1013, Gal. 5:6) teach - faith includesa obedience/works of love.

Baptism is part of that onedience of faith - asa Baptism washes away our sins and regenerates us in the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:28, 1 Pet. 3:24, Col. 2:11-12, Tit. 3:4-8).

That is where I disagree with you about.

James was rebuking the church for mistreating the poor.

James 2:1My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. 2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; 3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: 4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

That was not all this church was doing in mistreating the poor. At the end of church service, they were issuing a blessing of the church's faith in God to provide for the poor to the poor to get out of helping the poor without leading by example in the eyes of the poor by meeting their immediate needs of those poor from the bounty collected at church service for the poor that were about to perish from starvation and/or the elements.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

It is the church's faith in the eyes of the poor that was dead when the church would not lead by example. It is the church's faith that will not "profit" the poor nor "save" the poor seeing how the church's faith in God to provide for them was dead in the eyes of the poor.

James reference to Abraham's faith in God to provide which he had shared with Isaac confirms that is the faith James was talking about that requires works in the eyes of others that we profess that faith in God to provide.

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Genesis 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? 8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.

The name of that place means "God provides for His servants". That is the kind of faith James was referring to and not the faith in Jesus Christ for salvation which is without works.

The "saving" faith James was referring to, was the church's faith in God to provide for the poor that was not going to profit nor save the poor when the church was not willing to lead by example in meeting their immediate needs that were about to perish from the elements and starvation.

James was not saying the church was not saved, but the church's faith in God to provide to the poor was not going to save the poor when the church refuses to lead by example.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BELIEVE/FAITH is a works Gospel and contrary to Ephesians 2:8-9:

8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9) NOT of WORKS, lest any man should boast.

John 6:63-66:

63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
64) But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who shall betray him.
65) And he said, Therefor said I unto you, that no man can come to me, except it were given unto him of my Father
66) From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing in Jesus Christ Is How We Are Saved

You are absolutely in error!

You can believe in Jesus a hundred times a day and it will NOT bring you closer to salvation!

Jesus said: "Ye have NOT chosen me, but I have chosen you."

John 15:16

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What am I be saved from?

There are four types of uses when it comes to being saved?

What are the people being written to be saved from?

In love, peace, kindness, of Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is where I disagree with you about.

James was rebuking the church for mistreating the poor.

James 2:1My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. 2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; 3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: 4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

That was not all this church was doing in mistreating the poor. At the end of church service, they were issuing a blessing of the church's faith in God to provide for the poor to the poor to get out of helping the poor without leading by example in the eyes of the poor by meeting their immediate needs of those poor from the bounty collected at church service for the poor that were about to perish from starvation and/or the elements.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

It is the church's faith in the eyes of the poor that was dead when the church would not lead by example. It is the church's faith that will not "profit" the poor nor "save" the poor seeing how the church's faith in God to provide for them was dead in the eyes of the poor.

James reference to Abraham's faith in God to provide which he had shared with Isaac confirms that is the faith James was talking about that requires works in the eyes of others that we profess that faith in God to provide.

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Genesis 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? 8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.

The name of that place means "God provides for His servants". That is the kind of faith James was referring to and not the faith in Jesus Christ for salvation which is without works.

The "saving" faith James was referring to, was the church's faith in God to provide for the poor that was not going to profit nor save the poor when the church was not willing to lead by example in meeting their immediate needs that were about to perish from the elements and starvation.

James was not saying the church was not saved, but the church's faith in God to provide to the poor was not going to save the poor when the church refuses to lead by example.
First of all – James isn’t ONLY talking about works of faith as they pertain to the poor. He speaking of WHAT constitutes true faith.
That’s why he compares the kind of faith YOU think is genuine with what the demons possess (James 2:19). James is simply parroting what Jesus said about saving faith – and how our cooperation is necessary (Matt. 7:21, Matt. 25:31-46).
And, as I pointed out before-Paul make the same point in 1 Cor. 13.

Abraham had true faith because he completely surrendered to the Lord and was willing to do whatever He willed.

You may THINK you have true faith – by if you’re not willing to DO (cooperate with) what God wants – then you will wind up with the Goats (Matt. 25:41) . . .

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all – James isn’t ONLY talking about works of faith as they pertain to the poor. He speaking of WHAT constitutes true faith.
That’s why he compares the kind of faith YOU think is genuine with what the demons possess (James 2:19). James is simply parroting what Jesus said about saving faith – and how our cooperation is necessary (Matt. 7:21, Matt. 25:31-46).
And, as I pointed out before-Paul make the same point in 1 Cor. 13.

Abraham had true faith because he completely surrendered to the Lord and was willing to do whatever He willed.

You may THINK you have true faith – by if you’re not willing to DO (cooperate with) what God wants – then you will wind up with the Goats (Matt. 25:41) . . .

What faith did these evil Popes had?

10 Most Evil Popes in History