Believing in Jesus Christ Is How We Are Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You and I know that Jesus went back to heaven, he resides there and he is a real being. He does not inhabit or possess humans as demons sometimes do, therefore he is not personally in anyone. You are taking a translated word and trying to use the translators choice of rendering literal. That is not what is being stated. Using the Bible as a whole, we see that Christ is in union with his brothers and sisters as he and Jehovah are Jn 17:21. Compare multiple translations and research Greek to English lexicons as well. Here is the word that was translated in, and how the King James translated it:
ejn En (en);
Word Origin: Greek, Preposition, Strong #: 1722

1. in, by, with etc.
KJV Word Usage and Count
in 1874
by 141
with 134
among 117
at 112
on 46
through 37
miscellaneous 321

The NWT translates it in union which I believe if you consider the evidence is the actual way it is to be understood maam.
Again I ask, so what about:
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is confusing to me Chris, was this for me, or for Dan?

That post was in response to your post below:

"You got that right Dan'l, no one who does not believe in the Son (Jesus) will have everlasting life. Keep in mind however, that many who do believe in him, will not either, as seen in Mat 7:21-23 which leads to the question why? Do you have the answer sir?"

Post #52 is your answer that former believers and those that have gone astray are still saved even though they get left behind Matthew 7:21-23

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That post was in response to your post below:

"You got that right Dan'l, no one who does not believe in the Son (Jesus) will have everlasting life. Keep in mind however, that many who do believe in him, will not either, as seen in Mat 7:21-23 which leads to the question why? Do you have the answer sir?"

Post #52 is your answer that former believers and those that have gone astray are still saved even though they get left behind Matthew 7:21-23

Thanks for steppin in there as a mediator Chris, I kinda gather that when Jesus told them to get away from me you workers of lawlessness, that was a pretty darn good indicator that those individuals were not saved.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for steppin in there as a mediator Chris, I kinda gather that when Jesus told them to get away from me you workers of lawlessness, that was a pretty darn good indicator that those individuals were not saved.

I believe that when Jesus said that, He was doing the job of excommunication of what the church failed to do in leading the wayward brother to repentance when gathering the saints for the Marriage Supper above, but their spirits are still saved when left behind to die.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? 7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that when Jesus said that, He was doing the job of excommunication of what the church failed to do in leading the wayward brother to repentance when gathering the saints for the Marriage Supper above, but their spirits are still saved when left behind to die.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? 7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

What he truly meant was that they chose to worship God in their way, rather than follow His requirements. That has especially been true since the death of the apostles
(2 Timothy 4:3) . . .For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.
Thousands of sects chose to leave the faith

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not talking about discipleship that follows the gospel which is important to be accepted by the Bridegroom; but I am talking about the Good News to man, the gospel of Jesus Christ in how we are actually saved by only believing in Him, even in His name.

This thread is for believers that wish to share the scriptures that testify to this Good News.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

By believing in Him, even in His name, is all it takes to be saved by faith in Jesus Christ.

How we live that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ is by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily is living a life of repentance in being His disciple until He comes as the Bridegroom to receive us.

Those who agree with me about how we are saved by believing in Him, may the Lord lead you to share other scriptures too in testifying to the Good News to man in Christ Jesus.

If you are led to share a lot of scriptures, be sure to break it up into smaller posts please.

Thank you in advance.

May God cause the increase to restore the joy of salvation to doubting believers.

To become a child of God, you must choose to receive Jesus, (John 1:12),by asking Him into your heart (Revelation 3:20), where He then dwells (Ephesians 3:17and Colossians 1:27), plus you must choose to repent and ask Him to forgive your sins so they are forgiven (Acts 3:19 and Acts 20:21), and call upon His name to be saved Romans 10:13.

Prayer for salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe you died for my sins and rose again - please come into my heart, forgive my sins, save my soul, and make me a new creation. In your name, amen.

Reactions: Pearl