Benny Hinn Renounces Prosperity Gospel !!!! I Hope TBN follows SUIT!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think we gotta stop throwing arrows at these tele-evangelists, if a person comes to Jesus as a result of it, then that's a win for Jesus, if a person gets healed and tells a testimony and leads someone else to Jesus, that's a win for Jesus.

Yes not everyone gets healed supernaturally, but some do, and it's not the preacher, healing-evangelist or Christian that did it, it was the Holy Spirit working through them, it was the Spirit of God working through them, the Spirit of Jesus working through them.

And for those that don't get healed supernaturally by God, the next best thing are doctors, nurses and hospitals they are a blessing to have in Australia, you cannot say they aren't a God-given as well?

Our healthcare system is also a blessing, as an Aussie, if I need to go hospital, I can get in for free, if some other resident of this country Australia breaks their leg and needs to go to hospital, it's free.

It's a wonder why the Republicans in the USA held back the Democrat's public healthcare plan.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above....." James 1:17

An example of a perfect gift is supernatural healing but that's just one example, another example is Salvation in Jesus Christ, perfect gifts are also other Spiritual gifts from the Holy Spirit.

An example of a good gift is the other stuff I mentioned like our public healthcare system looking after the sick and injured and getting them better, but again not limited to that.

In saying all that it's still important not to lean on human beings, but still evangelism is a massively important ministry, and what's the most effective kind of evangelism?

The power of God being displayed.

And here's some food for thought for you guys.

- If Christians stopped following the Holy Spirit and operating in the Spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit, they will dry up, they won't be lively, they will be operating in plain flesh, and as a result many more people will turn to paganism and witchcraft.

There are non-Christians out there right at this very moment, that are seeking in the wrong places, they are seeking for an alternative power, an alternative spirituality, and many are blindly walking towards the powers of darkness, witchcraft and paganism.

This is why it's so important for the Church and Christians around the world to operate in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, so that those non-Christian seekers see the power of Jesus in Christians and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ as a result of it.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we gotta stop throwing arrows at these tele-evangelists, if a person comes to Jesus as a result of it, then that's a win for Jesus, if a person gets healed and tells a testimony and leads someone else to Jesus, that's a win for Jesus.
I agree and usually stay away from these types of threads.

It's a wonder why the Republicans in the USA held back the Democrat's public healthcare plan.

Some Americans don't want the federal government controlling health care. For many, it has to do with the quality of care diminishing and costs rising. The federal government isn't exactly all that efficient.

As a Christian, I hate to see more and more Americans placing their trust in government instead of in God. And this is what happens when we begin to depend on government for the necessities of life. (Not that health insurance is a necessity.)

Our healthcare system is also a blessing, as an Aussie, if I need to go hospital, I can get in for free, if some other resident of this country Australia breaks their leg and needs to go to hospital, it's free.

It's not really free. Someone pays for it. Just saying.

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wikipedia is not entirely reliable BECAUSE anyone and everyone can contribute, even people who don't know what they're talking about. This is not to say that I think everything on Wikipedia is unreliable, but we have to consider the source.

Like I said, there are people who have been healed at his crusades. I've heard a few of their testimonies. Is this reported in the article?

As far as serving 2 masters, you're preaching to the choir, honey. :) Here's another good one:

1 Timothy 6:9--But those who want to be rich fall into temptation, a trap, and many foolish and harmful desires, which plunge people into ruin and destruction.

It's better to store up eternal treasures in heaven than temporary treasures here! We could probably all stand to keep this in mind. I know that I need to.
If you know people who have been healed and can produce medical records to prove it, you can join Wikipedia and add that documentation.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you know people who have been healed and can produce medical records to prove it, you can join Wikipedia and add that documentation.
This is silly. I don't have access to these people's records. They could add an entry telling about their experience, but who would believe them? Anyone can get on Wikipedia and make claims.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By that kind of logic, maybe the boys molested by Catholic priests also should have kept quiet.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is silly. I don't have access to these people's records. They could add an entry telling about their experience, but who would believe them? Anyone can get on Wikipedia and make claims.
So you can't document anything? They don't have medical records? i doubt Wikipedia would allow such claims to remain.

Actually, some articles include warnings about sections, saying they contain unverifiable claims. Some sections also get taken down.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By that kind of logic, maybe the boys molested by Catholic priests also should have kept quiet.
Entirely different scenario. Of course children who are molested shouldn't stay quiet about it!

Where do you get these ideas??

Reactions: Josho

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Entirely different scenario. Of course children who are molested shouldn't stay quiet about it!

Where do you get these ideas??
Both scenarios are about clergy and their abuses. The Bishops who covered up abuses thought they were doing a good thing by protecting the reputation of the Catholic Church. They weren't. They were making it worse.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you can't document anything? They don't have medical records? i doubt Wikipedia would allow such claims to remain.

Actually, some articles include warnings about sections, saying they contain unverifiable claims. Some sections also get taken down.
I said I don't have access to these people's medical records. Look, God has used me to heal others. Healing people is not an unusual thing for God.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both scenarios are about clergy and their abuses. The Bishops who covered up abuses thought they were doing a good thing by protecting the reputation of the Catholic Church. They weren't. They were making it worse.
Think about what you're saying! Some clergy molested children. Some preachers are used by God to heal people. How are these similar??

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about what you're saying! Some clergy molested children. Some preachers are used by God to heal people. How are these similar??
Are you pretending to be stupid? Some Catholic priests molested children, and some of these "healers" also did some terrible things.

I have no idea who is behind some things since the Dark Side also has its signs and wonders. I don't know Hinn can heal people; and if he can, that still wouldn't prove he's anointed by God.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said I don't have access to these people's medical records. Look, God has used me to heal others. Healing people is not an unusual thing for God.
Your say-so probably wouldn't be good enough for Wikipedia.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you pretending to be stupid? Some Catholic priests molested children, and some of these "healers" also did some terrible things.

I have no idea who is behind some things since the Dark Side also has its signs and wonders. I don't know Hinn can heal people; and if he can, that still wouldn't prove he's anointed by God.

I have to wonder about your logic. And calling someone stupid is pretty rude, but you know this.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you have proof of specific instances where Benny Hinn or any other preacher has committed fraud, then let's hear it. Otherwise, it's best not to judge based on speculation.

I suppose you would speculate that it could have been the devil who healed my daughter of hypothyroidism when I prayed for her healing. That was over 10 years ago, and recent blood tests showed that her thyroid gland is functioning properly. But using your logic, we can't be sure who healed her, right?

Reactions: Josho

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to wonder about your logic. And calling someone stupid is pretty rude, but you know this.
I didn't call you stupid. I asked if you were pretending to be stupid. And here you go again, pretending to be stupid again.
If you have proof of specific instances where Benny Hinn or any other preacher has committed fraud, then let's hear it. Otherwise, it's best not to judge based on speculation.
I am not an expert on him. Did I say he committed fraud?

I suppose you would speculate that it could have been the devil who healed my daughter of hypothyroidism when I prayed for her healing. That was over 10 years ago, and recent blood tests showed that her thyroid gland is functioning properly. But using your logic, we can't be sure who healed her, right?
How could I know about this? I'm not omniscient like you.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't call you stupid. I asked if you were pretending to be stupid. And here you go again, pretending to be stupid again.
I am not an expert on him. Did I say he committed fraud?

How could I know about this? I'm not omniscient like you.
Now, you're just making me laugh, but that's a good thing. A merry heart does good like a medicine.

I pray that God will bless you beyond what you are able to receive or comprehend. And I mean this. :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I have seen the youtube of that. I agree about the arrow throwing. for the apostle Paul said, Philippians 1:15-17 "Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:" 16 "The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:" 17 "But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel."

but he individually must give account to God. I will not Judge him or anyone, Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way." but we're to give a rightious Judgment, which I would refere him to Luke 19:1-10 "And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho." 2 "And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich." 3 "And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature." 4 "And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way." 5 "And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house." 6 "And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully." 7 "And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner." 8 "And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold." 9 "And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham." 10 "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."
PICJAG.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree and usually stay away from these types of threads.

Some Americans don't want the federal government controlling health care. For many, it has to do with the quality of care diminishing and costs rising. The federal government isn't exactly all that efficient.

As a Christian, I hate to see more and more Americans placing their trust in government instead of in God. And this is what happens when we begin to depend on government for the necessities of life. (Not that health insurance is a necessity.)

It's not really free. Someone pays for it. Just saying.

But still we don't have to pay 10s of thousands of dollars, it saves a lot of bill shock, since taxes cover it, it's free when you need it most, it's just cruel to charge 30k when someone needs to go to hospital

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But still we don't have to pay 10s of thousands of dollars, it saves a lot of bill shock, since taxes cover it, it's free when you need it most, it's just cruel to charge 30k when someone needs to go to hospital
I agree that prices have gotten way too high for healthcare, but I don't believe that government-run healthcare is the answer. And I don't have health insurance, BTW.