Benny Hinn Renounces Prosperity Gospel !!!! I Hope TBN follows SUIT!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have no idea who is behind some things since the Dark Side also has its signs and wonders. I don't know Hinn can heal people; and if he can, that still wouldn't prove he's anointed by God.

Well if it was from the other side, Hinn wouldn't be using Jesus Christ's or the Holy Spirit's name, but would be using the name of other spirits, goddesses, false gods, worship of nature, moon, sun, crystals, etc.

And I just don't see Hinn using any other names except for the Father in Heaven, the Lord Jesus Christ's name and the Holy Spirit's name to heal, so therefore it cannot be the powers of darkness.

As I said in my last post though, it's important that the Church keeps operating in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, otherwise even more people are going to turn to the wrong source and blindly walk into the lesser powers of darkness. That's why the doctrine of cessationism is dangerous.

Otherwise I ain't here for an argument anyway, and agree with @Prayer Warrior about your previous reply.

And yes people like Todd Bentley have fallen before, the Devil does try to shoot people down with powerful ministries down though, he tries to kill, steal and destroy, and loves to put a stain on anything to try to damage the Christian image in the worlds view, Todd Bentley is another story though, and I believe he needs prayer at this very moment And that's just a reason why it's so important to pray for those in ministry, rather than attack them.

As much as we feel like attacking Christians in ministry, we gotta resist the fleshy nature to do so, for example I am not a fan of Paula White, but I shouldn't throw arrows at her and should rather pray for her.

God's grace and peace be with you @Giuliano

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if it was from the other side, Hinn wouldn't be using Jesus Christ's or the Holy Spirit's name, but would be using the name of other spirits, goddesses, false gods, worship of nature, moon, sun, crystals, etc.

And I just don't see Hinn using any other names except for the Father in Heaven, the Lord Jesus Christ's name and the Holy Spirit's name to heal, so therefore it cannot be the powers of darkness.
What?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Those verses do not back up your claim about those healings being from the dark side.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both scenarios are about clergy and their abuses. The Bishops who covered up abuses thought they were doing a good thing by protecting the reputation of the Catholic Church. They weren't. They were making it worse.

Ephesians 5:11

“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.”

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those verses do not back up your claim about those healings being from the dark side.

They may or may not be.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 - [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Matthew 24:24 - For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Revelation 16:14 - For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Mark 13:22 - For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I judged anyone specifically. If I did, I must apologize, but I don't think I did.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:11

“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.”
I know I wouldn't want to let some of these people lay hands on me. While it's up to Jesus who will judge them later, I'd be afraid of what kind of spirit I might receive were they to lay hands on me.
They may or may not be.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 - [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Matthew 24:24 - For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Revelation 16:14 - For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Mark 13:22 - For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect.
I think you're right when you say they "may or may not" be. We should not believe someone who can perform signs and wonders has to be from God.

What I do know is when I see someone with a history of money-grubbing or wild sexual affairs, I think it best to avoid that person.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I wouldn't want to let some of these people lay hands on me. While it's up to Jesus who will judge them later, I'd be afraid of what kind of spirit I might receive were they to lay hands on me.

I think you're right when you say they "may or may not" be. We should not believe someone who can perform signs and wonders has to be from God.

What I do know is when I see someone with a history of money-grubbing or wild sexual affairs, I think it best to avoid that person.

Agreed! I myself, will never let someone I do not know well to lay hands on me, ever.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed! I myself, will never let someone I do not know well to lay hands on me, ever.
Good for you.

There are times when I have to wonder if his wife's problems were caused by him. Back in 2012, he gave an interview about getting back together with her.

Benny Hinn Says Wife's Drug Problems Led to Divorce, Praises God's Reconciling Power

Popular televangelist Benny Hinn, who late last month announced that he was reconciling with former wife Suzanne Hinn, has revealed that the divorce came about due to her struggle with an addiction to prescription pills.

Suzanne started taking certain prescription medications to help her cope with some of her personal struggles. She became dependent on those for nearly 15 years, and those medications made her behave erratically at times," Hinn wrote in a message on his ministry website. "As her husband, I did not know the extent of her reliance on these medications, nor did I fully understand just how much harm they were causing to her, physically and emotionally,"

Suzanne Hinn filed for divorce from the popular preacher in Feb. 2010, with court documents citing irreconcilable differences as a reason. Hinn, a popular prosperity preacher who travels the world performing faith healings, had previously suggested that it was his time away from his family that had caused marital problems.

While he reinstated these suspicions in his latest message, and even suggested they played a part in his wife turning to medication, he also revealed details about the divorce that were not previously known.

"The truth of the matter is that Suzanne filed for divorce because she was in a deep emotional and physical crisis that affected her in such a way that caused her to make a decision she now regrets. And although it was, without question, the most agonizing two and a half years of my life, the end of our marriage most certainly woke me up, and the Lord used it to show me -- as a man of God and as a man -- that I cannot function properly without my wife and family," Hinn explained.

She did have mental problems, I'd say; and even when she was clearly mentally stressed, he didn't seem to be able to do a thing about it. He even put her on stage. This clip is from 2007. I feel sorry for her.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good for you.

There are times when I have to wonder if his wife's problems were caused by him. Back in 2012, he gave an interview about getting back together with her.

Benny Hinn Says Wife's Drug Problems Led to Divorce, Praises God's Reconciling Power

Popular televangelist Benny Hinn, who late last month announced that he was reconciling with former wife Suzanne Hinn, has revealed that the divorce came about due to her struggle with an addiction to prescription pills.

Suzanne started taking certain prescription medications to help her cope with some of her personal struggles. She became dependent on those for nearly 15 years, and those medications made her behave erratically at times," Hinn wrote in a message on his ministry website. "As her husband, I did not know the extent of her reliance on these medications, nor did I fully understand just how much harm they were causing to her, physically and emotionally,"

Suzanne Hinn filed for divorce from the popular preacher in Feb. 2010, with court documents citing irreconcilable differences as a reason. Hinn, a popular prosperity preacher who travels the world performing faith healings, had previously suggested that it was his time away from his family that had caused marital problems.

While he reinstated these suspicions in his latest message, and even suggested they played a part in his wife turning to medication, he also revealed details about the divorce that were not previously known.

"The truth of the matter is that Suzanne filed for divorce because she was in a deep emotional and physical crisis that affected her in such a way that caused her to make a decision she now regrets. And although it was, without question, the most agonizing two and a half years of my life, the end of our marriage most certainly woke me up, and the Lord used it to show me -- as a man of God and as a man -- that I cannot function properly without my wife and family," Hinn explained.

She did have mental problems, I'd say; and even when she was clearly mentally stressed, he didn't seem to be able to do a thing about it. He even put her on stage. This clip is from 2007. I feel sorry for her.

Yikes, talk about out of control, and holy ghost enema??? And several other crude things coming out of her mouth. I hope since then she had gotten herself some help. Oh what we have done with His simple Gospel.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yikes, talk about out of control, and holy ghost enema??? And several other crude things coming out of her mouth. I hope since then she had gotten herself some help. Oh what we have done with His simple Gospel.
I don't know what has happened in her life lately. It was very sad though to see someone so far out of control.

There was another horrible incident in 2013 when Hinn's son and two bodyguards beat up a deaf and mute man. Charges were dropped after some kind of settlement of "a large sum of money."

Evangelist Benny Hinn's son arrested in Brazil for 'beating up deaf and dumb man during one of his father's events' | Daily Mail Online

According to police, Mr Araujo, a local pastor, was sitting in the front row of seats at the event, in the city's Povos da Amazonia arena when, during Mr Hinn's sermon, he got up and approached the stage.

Mr Araujo, who was carrying a bottle of water, later said he only wanted to receive a blessing from the famous evangelist, who claims he can heal the sick.

But he was allegedly pounced on by Mr Hinn's son Joshua and two bodyguards, Caleb Shirk, 26, and Konstantins Konstantinovs, 34, who claimed they thought he was about to throw water at the preacher, who is worth an estimated £27 million ($42 million).

The men took Mr Araujo to a trailer parked near the stage where they allegedly held him captive inside, beating and punching him as they demanded to know who he was.

Because the man could not hear or respond to their demands, the physical aggression continued, police said.

Tactical squad officers burst into the trailer after concerned members of the public called police.

Mr Araujo was taken by ambulance to a local hospital, where he received medical treatment and was later released.

Why would they beat someone up just because they suspected he wanted to throw water on Benny Hinn? Sad.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good for you.

That immediately turned me off. It is sad.

Reactions: Nancy and Giuliano

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As I said in my last post though, it's important that the Church keeps operating in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, otherwise even more people are going to turn to the wrong source and blindly walk into the lesser powers of darkness. That's why the doctrine of cessationism is dangerous.

Otherwise I ain't here for an argument anyway, and agree with @Prayer Warrior about your previous reply.

And yes people like Todd Bentley have fallen before, the Devil does try to shoot people down with powerful ministries down though, he tries to kill, steal and destroy, and loves to put a stain on anything to try to damage the Christian image in the worlds view, Todd Bentley is another story though, and I believe he needs prayer at this very moment And that's just a reason why it's so important to pray for those in ministry, rather than attack them.

As much as we feel like attacking Christians in ministry, we gotta resist the fleshy nature to do so, for example I am not a fan of Paula White, but I shouldn't throw arrows at her and should rather pray for her.

God's grace and peace be with you @Giuliano

Not necessarily. My neighbor sent a lot of money for years to a pastor who preached the gospel and they caught him molesting boys. "Not everyone who calls me Lord Lord.." I believe Satan's most fruitful works are those done surreptitiously rather than overtly.

I used to believe as you many years ago but time and experience have jaded me - I saw so much wrong go on in churches and Christendom that I'm much more cautious than I used to be, and much more cautious before I believe pastors. We read in Scripture that very few are actually walking the narrow way. I remember when I was a young woman and I thought things worked honestly. My boyfriend (now husband) had his brand new van stolen. They found it and police impounded it - and the detective was hitting on me and because I didn't respond he got angry at my boyfriend (I learned a lot that year). We went to get the van and it was stripped! I was young and naive` and called around and got someone on the phone who said that they put surveillance on the bridge and found it was police stripping the cars. He said when his office went to give the case for prosecution his office was stripped of funds. So I naively called the prosecutor and told him what was said to me. He asked how old I was. He said "when I was your age I was all full of spit and vinegar too...and then I learned how things really worked..." The same applies to Christendom - I learned how things really work. What's really interesting is when you read accounts of those who worked for Focus on the Family and other organizations.

You sound younger and idealistic and that's good - ministry needs people like that. But it may be that after a number of years your perceptions will change. I was helped by a few solid ministries who put out literature that helped me grow.

I agree with you that Satan does attack those who are making inroads into his territory - and part of those attacks are likely pastors and we should pray for those in ministry, particularly our own pastors.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That immediately turned me off. It is sad.
You know who else had a very sad life? Tammy Faye Bakker. I used to see her having nervous breakdowns on TV. Later I read a book by an insider, Miles Austin, called, "Don't Call Me Brother." It's an excellent book; and I see Amazon still carries it, you can buy a used copy very reasonably priced. He was with the Bakkers quite a bit. He also performed miracles -- and I believe him when he said they were real. Eventually though he said he realized the spirit in the meetings was from God, so he quit. That was after he broke up with his wife, too.

It was Miles who tells the story about how he saw Tammy crying outside a bathroom begging Jim to come out. He was in the bathroom having sex with another man. He also tells how she was strung out on drugs and once thought she saw the Devil on the wing of the airplane she was in. She said she prayed and he'd go away; then he'd be back. She was mentally off, of course, strung out on drugs.

I saw her later on TV after they broke up and she had remarried. I was amazed at how calm and sane she was compared to how she'd been when married to Jim. Sad to say though, her second husband was also a crook who went to prison, leaving her stranded and forced to support herself the best she could. What a tragic life.

I really do love that book by Austin Miles. He had been a circus ringmaster, and one day a man had a heart attack (if memory serves me right), and he wanted to avoid a panic in the circus. An ambulance was on the way, but he wanted to prepare the audience for it. Mind now, this guy wasn't a Christian at the time, but he asked everyone in the audience to pray for this man. The ambulance came and took the man away; and Miles learned later that after the heart attack (which was what he knew about), the man's heart had actually stopped. It was years ago when I read this; but I think his heart had started beating again by the time the ambulance arrived.

That made him a believer, and that's how he got sucked into things. He also tells how after a healing service, he would set off alarms at airports because his body was giving off such an electrical or magnetic charge. I believe that too. Here's the link for you or anyone else who might be interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Call-Brother-Ringmasters-Pentecostal/dp/0879755075

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not necessarily. My neighbor sent a lot of money for years to a pastor who preached the gospel and they caught him molesting boys. "Not everyone who calls me Lord Lord.." I believe Satan's most fruitful works are those done surreptitiously rather than overtly.

I used to believe as you many years ago but time and experience have jaded me - I saw so much wrong go on in churches and Christendom that I'm much more cautious than I used to be, and much more cautious before I believe pastors. We read in Scripture that very few are actually walking the narrow way. I remember when I was a young woman and I thought things worked honestly. My boyfriend (now husband) had his brand new van stolen. They found it and police impounded it - and the detective was hitting on me and because I didn't respond he got angry at my boyfriend (I learned a lot that year). We went to get the van and it was stripped! I was young and naive` and called around and got someone on the phone who said that they put surveillance on the bridge and found it was police stripping the cars. He said when his office went to give the case for prosecution his office was stripped of funds. So I naively called the prosecutor and told him what was said to me. He asked how old I was. He said "when I was your age I was all full of spit and vinegar too...and then I learned how things really worked..." The same applies to Christendom - I learned how things really work. What's really interesting is when you read accounts of those who worked for Focus on the Family and other organizations.

You sound younger and idealistic and that's good - ministry needs people like that. But it may be that after a number of years your perceptions will change. I was helped by a few solid ministries who put out literature that helped me grow.

I agree with you that Satan does attack those who are making inroads into his territory - and part of those attacks are likely pastors and we should pray for those in ministry, particularly our own pastors.

Well there shouldn't be any covering stuff up like that, and I'm glad stuff like the nasty molesting business is starting to get punished for now. But back onto topic I have never heard of Hinn involved in the molesting mess though.

But the Todd Bentley example is one I listed, but as I said it's Satan's act to stain ministries, and it does make you wonder have these big time Pentecostal preachers forgotten to pray the Lords Prayer? Have they forgotten to cover themselves in prayer? Have they forgotten the fruit of self control?

Sexual sin is usually their biggest downfall for these big time preachers, which is horrible.

Either way sin does not seem to take away a gift of healing, well so it seems.

Unless if they have really gone that far off the rails, as an example the child molesting, adultery or whatever else, then they really need to repent, step down for a while and get back in tune with God, before they ever do ministry again.

Even then I personally wouldn't trust someone with a background like Todd Bentley to be around kids, girlfriends or wives. But it is possible that people like him can change for good, and never turn back to that sin again.

I believe Benny Hinn is a restored man though, prosperity gospel, yes not all of it is right, but what are their running costs of their ministries, in the millions I bet? But of course that comes back down to they should trust God instead of begging for cash, but it's the American model, commercialism unfortunately, it's the idea you gotta buy this, this and that, you got to donate to this, this much and that ministry, and it works. And I would say that's where the big time Pentecostal ministries have fallen short. When they need to get back to their routes and trust God, like the first Church of the Upper Room did and start caring for the little man. And give generously if their ministry is profiting heaps.

But a lot of denominations and ministries have their faults, and so does everyone else have a fault, it's human nature, and it's good to try not be a fault finder all the time, and bring out some of the positives.

In the region I live in there is heaps of witchcraft, so I do have an idea what the powers of darkness look like, some people even go make their Wiccan magic circles in the local Forest, and some locals also get up to their witchcraft meetings around the fire, stuff is real and can be easily found on social media, like there is some serious stuff going on in this region and other places around the world, and these pagans are devoted to witchcraft, and I am sure many of you agree with me on this, we shouldn't just let the Devil have his show like that, as Christians we have the Greater power "The Lord Jesus Christ" and has and can do way greater things than the powers of darkness. That's mainly the point I am raising, and it's a good reason why we shouldn't try to shoot down people with Christian Healing ministries that genuinely heal by the power of Jesus, as we need more genuine Christian healing ministries out there especially in places like this, we need more genuine Christian prophetic ministries in places like this, we need more Christian ministries operating in the Spiritual gifts in Australia, and it's important we pray for the ones that already exist.

But I think there is a big difference from the "Not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven" group and the deep pagan witchcraft group. And that's another point I am trying to make.

It's kind of like the Left Wing - Right Wing political scale, (but then again it is no comparison to it) except it's the deception - truth scale. One group may get to heaven by the skin of their teeth and most of them probably will, as they believe in Jesus, they believe in God and the Holy Spirit and what He did for them on the Cross and the resurrection, and also God's love and grace is massive, and we shouldn't doubt that, but some of them may miss out by their skin of their teeth also, of course if adultery, fornication, etc. goes unrepentant, we know what happens, as sexual sin is a massive thing. But on the far end of the deception scale there's the other group the ones deep into practicing the occult and we all know what happens to them. Now those on the far end of the truth scale, have their front seats reserved in Heaven for them, and that's the humble Christian, the loving kind of Christian, the close to Jesus relationship kind of Christian, but if you are Born Again any place in Heaven is a great place, it's just some will have greater reward than others. If need be, I could draw an illustration of this scale if you like, sorry for being so childish here with this example but I just have to be. Hahhaha :D

And just by posting this, I better be covering myself with prayer, and anyone else in prayer who is having discussion about it. As it is serious stuff when witchcraft is discussed, those people have their sensors too, but the wrong kind of sensors, hopefully they are just off, not detecting and not functioning. :p

God Bless You all. I better sleep now.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know who else had a very sad life? Tammy Faye Bakker. I used to see her having nervous breakdowns on TV. Later I read a book by an insider, Miles Austin, called, "Don't Call Me Brother." It's an excellent book; and I see Amazon still carries it, you can buy a used copy very reasonably priced. He was with the Bakkers quite a bit. He also performed miracles -- and I believe him when he said they were real. Eventually though he said he realized the spirit in the meetings was from God, so he quit. That was after he broke up with his wife, too.

It was Miles who tells the story about how he saw Tammy crying outside a bathroom begging Jim to come out. He was in the bathroom having sex with another man. He also tells how she was strung out on drugs and once thought she saw the Devil on the wing of the airplane she was in. She said she prayed and he'd go away; then he'd be back. She was mentally off, of course, strung out on drugs.

I saw her later on TV after they broke up and she had remarried. I was amazed at how calm and sane she was compared to how she'd been when married to Jim. Sad to say though, her second husband was also a crook who went to prison, leaving her stranded and forced to support herself the best she could. What a tragic life.

I really do love that book by Austin Miles. He had been a circus ringmaster, and one day a man had a heart attack (if memory serves me right), and he wanted to avoid a panic in the circus. An ambulance was on the way, but he wanted to prepare the audience for it. Mind now, this guy wasn't a Christian at the time, but he asked everyone in the audience to pray for this man. The ambulance came and took the man away; and Miles learned later that after the heart attack (which was what he knew about), the man's heart had actually stopped. It was years ago when I read this; but I think his heart had started beating again by the time the ambulance arrived.

That made him a believer, and how he got sucked into things. He also tells how after a healing service, he would set off alarms at airports because his body was giving off such an electrical or magnetic charge. I believe that too. Here's the link for you or anyone else who might be interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Call-Brother-Ringmasters-Pentecostal/dp/0879755075

The Bakkers were a sad story. I recall reading of the account of Jim Bakker - I hate to see anyone reduced like that. It shows how someone in ministry can take a wrong turn. That's why I'm not a believer in the many multiple ministries exploding. There are biblical qualifications for pastors and a warning is given that it shouldn't be taken lightly.

Reactions: Nancy and Giuliano

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there shouldn't be any covering stuff up like that, and I'm glad stuff like the nasty molesting business is starting to get punished for now. But back onto topic I have never heard of Hinn involved in the molesting mess though.

But the Todd Bentley example is one I listed, but as I said it's Satan's act to stain ministries, and it does make you wonder have these big time Pentecostal preachers forgotten to pray the Lords Prayer? Have they forgotten to cover themselves in prayer? Have they forgotten the fruit of self control?

Sexual sin is usually their biggest downfall for these big time preachers, which is horrible.

Either way sin does not seem to take away a gift of healing, well so it seems.

Unless if they have really gone that far off the rails, as an example the child molesting, adultery or whatever else, then they really need to repent, step down for a while and get back in tune with God, before they ever do ministry again.

Even then I personally wouldn't trust someone with a background like Todd Bentley to be around kids, girlfriends or wives. But it is possible that people like him can change for good, and never turn back to that sin again.

I believe Benny Hinn is a restored man though, prosperity gospel, yes not all of it is right, but what are their running costs of their ministries, in the millions I bet? But of course that comes back down to they should trust God instead of begging for cash, but it's the American model, commercialism unfortunately, it's the idea you gotta buy this, this and that, you got to donate to this, this much and that ministry, and it works. And I would say that's where the big time Pentecostal ministries have fallen short. When they need to get back to their routes and trust God, like the first Church of the Upper Room did and start caring for the little man. And give generously if their ministry is profiting heaps.

But a lot of denominations and ministries have their faults, and so does everyone else have a fault, it's human nature, and it's good to try not be a fault finder all the time, and bring out some of the positives.

In the region I live in there is heaps of witchcraft, so I do have an idea what the powers of darkness look like, some people even go make their Wiccan magic circles in the local Forest, and some locals also get up to their witchcraft meetings around the fire, stuff is real and can be easily found on social media, like there is some serious stuff going on in this region and other places around the world, and these pagans are devoted to witchcraft, and I am sure many of you agree with me on this, we shouldn't just let the Devil have his show like that, as Christians we have the Greater power "The Lord Jesus Christ" and has and can do way greater things than the powers of darkness. That's mainly the point I am raising, and it's a good reason why we shouldn't try to shoot down people with Christian Healing ministries that genuinely heal by the power of Jesus, as we need more genuine Christian healing ministries out there especially in places like this, we need more genuine Christian prophetic ministries in places like this, we need more Christian ministries operating in the Spiritual gifts in Australia, and it's important we pray for the ones that already exist.

But I think there is a big difference from the "Not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven" group and the deep pagan witchcraft group. And that's another point I am trying to make.

It's kind of like the Left Wing - Right Wing political scale, (but then again it is no comparison to it) except it's the deception - truth scale. One group may get to heaven by the skin of their teeth and most of them probably will, as they believe in Jesus, they believe in God and the Holy Spirit and what He did for them on the Cross and the resurrection, and also God's love and grace is massive, and we shouldn't doubt that, but some of them may miss out by their skin of their teeth also, of course if adultery, fornication, etc. goes unrepentant, we know what happens, as sexual sin is a massive thing. But on the far end of the deception scale there's the other group the ones deep into practicing the occult and we all know what happens to them. Now those on the far end of the truth scale, have their front seats reserved in Heaven for them, and that's the humble Christian, the loving kind of Christian, the close to Jesus relationship kind of Christian, but if you are Born Again any place in Heaven is a great place, it's just some will have greater reward than others. If need be, I could draw an illustration of this scale if you like, sorry for being so childish here with this example but I just have to be. Hahhaha :D

And just by posting this, I better be covering myself with prayer, and anyone else in prayer who is having discussion about it. As it is serious stuff when witchcraft is discussed, those people have their sensors too, but the wrong kind of sensors, hopefully they are just off, not detecting and not functioning. :p

God Bless You all. I better sleep now.

No I have never heard of Hinn involved in anything like that. I agree with you that change is possible for every person. I grasp what you're saying about being careful before shooting down any Christian ministry - I think that's a valid point.

I recall that a pastor in CA said that a local satanic group put a goat's head across from his church one time - so effective ministries do come under attack. Chip Ingram I think his name is.

We were just talking in bible study about the crowns and rewards in heaven - so I think you have a point about varying levels of dedication to God.

When I was younger I automatically felt a kinship with other Christians. Then a corrupt "Christian" family at a church we attended badly cheated a family member in a very egregious way. My husband was badly blindsided as he'd grown close to the family and the one older man taught bible study...but they didn't practice what they preached. Another church we attended the leadership hurt a family member and I was told that "God" put them in their positions and they were to be obeyed. Yuck. Another "Christian" was jealous and did something very very evil to my family. We hired a window company and the "Christian" manager tried to cheat us. He ordered the wrong sized windows and told me "Just let my guys install it and we'll reorder the right size." By that time I knew not to trust another "Christian" - and I knew from the tone in his voice and my instincts that he was feeding me a line. I told him no they were not installing the wrong sized window. I learned that Christians lie as much as unbelievers and hypocrisy abounds. It's when the following verse made sense:

Matthew 7:14

“Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”

So I am jaded. I am much more cautious when anyone claims to be a Christian or is in a leadership position. I still am loving yet I don't trust until someone earns it and/ or I get to know them well. Satan can move a Christian to act just as much as he can get an unbeliever to act. We read about David who killed Uriah - and I've found how Satan moved in David's heart to sin is just as true today.

Still I admire your zeal and any work you're doing. With the number of Christians who did wrong I met an equal or larger number that were doing right. I'm just more careful now than I used to be. I avoid pentecostal churches with a lot of exuberance and I'm more cautious with independent churches with no overseer. I prefer quieter ministries that are more true and less emotion and I'm careful when any family or small group has a stranglehold on a church. I think Satan does assign his evil minions to churches and we don't even know how much damage they do. I think you have the right idea of prayer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Josho

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what has happened in her life lately. It was very sad though to see someone so far out of control.

There was another horrible incident in 2013 when Hinn's son and two bodyguards beat up a deaf and mute man. Charges were dropped after some kind of settlement of "a large sum of money."

Evangelist Benny Hinn's son arrested in Brazil for 'beating up deaf and dumb man during one of his father's events' | Daily Mail Online

According to police, Mr Araujo, a local pastor, was sitting in the front row of seats at the event, in the city's Povos da Amazonia arena when, during Mr Hinn's sermon, he got up and approached the stage.

Mr Araujo, who was carrying a bottle of water, later said he only wanted to receive a blessing from the famous evangelist, who claims he can heal the sick.

But he was allegedly pounced on by Mr Hinn's son Joshua and two bodyguards, Caleb Shirk, 26, and Konstantins Konstantinovs, 34, who claimed they thought he was about to throw water at the preacher, who is worth an estimated £27 million ($42 million).

The men took Mr Araujo to a trailer parked near the stage where they allegedly held him captive inside, beating and punching him as they demanded to know who he was.

Because the man could not hear or respond to their demands, the physical aggression continued, police said.

Tactical squad officers burst into the trailer after concerned members of the public called police.

Mr Araujo was taken by ambulance to a local hospital, where he received medical treatment and was later released.

Why would they beat someone up just because they suspected he wanted to throw water on Benny Hinn? Sad.

This is not a surprise,