Beyond good and evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're suggesting that the concept of good and evil originally exist in the minds of divine being's?
If a person turns to a little child and rapes them, then that is evil.

It's not "evil" because humans declared it to be so, but because it intrinsically is evil. There's no getting around that.

Entanglement, do you find a child getting raped to only be evil because man declared it to be, or is it intrinsically evil?

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
If a person turns to a little child and rapes them, then that is evil.

It's not "evil" because humans declared it to be so, but because it intrinsically is evil. There's no getting around that.

Entanglement, do you find a child getting raped to only be evil because man declared it to be, or is it intrinsically evil?
Depends on what you believe :)

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I was asking specifically about your views. That's why I asked you by name.
My view's are that human beings invent concepts about right and wrong based on what their personal beliefs dictate, rather than what they actually know specifically what's really right or wrong for them.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the mind of God. God knows the end from the beginning, and He already knew BEFORE He created Adam that sin and evil would enter into this world. He also planned a remedy through Christ, who would not only be the Last (or Second) Adam, but who would also establish the righteous Kingdom of God on earth as King of kings and Lord of lords.

"O happy fault, O necessary sin of Adam,
which gained for us so great a Redeemer!"

Easter Proclamation (Exsultet) - Prayers - Catholic Online

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!