Bible alone heresy!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So holding to God's Word alone as God's Word is heresy? It's "adding" to God's Word that is heresy.

yes because you reject what the word says about the teaching authority of the apostles such as acts 2:42
And no personal interpretation

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is only one church Jn 10:16
There is no other authority in your opinion I see, but the bible speaks of others with authority, and clearly the miracles follow the authority and it exists in many churches around the world. You boldly assess that the Catholic church is the only with authority, but this simply is false and controlling:

Mark 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no problem with sola Scriptura if you properly understand it.
It does not reject a priori 'creeds, councils, dogma, and decrees' of the Church. it tests all dogma etc. against Scripture, and if there is a conflict, then Scripture wins out because it has the higher authority.

What do you propose to add to Scripture to make it truer or to complete it?

what scripture says the teaching authority of the apostles

so you accept the teaching and anathemas of the holy apostolic council of Trent?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no other authority in your opinion I see, but the bible speaks of others with authority, and clearly the miracles follow the authority and it exists in many churches around the world. You boldly assess that the Catholic church is the only with authority, but this simply is false and controlling:

Mark 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

still need only one church with the authority of Christ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The r double c or the R C square has truly blinded your eyes . ALL WE NEED IS JESUS CHRIST .
The true church gathers under Him , Not under the RCC . Truth is they flee the RCC .
So i will continue to pray for you my friend . Come out of her and learn Jesus well .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So holding to God's Word alone as God's Word is heresy? It's "adding" to God's Word that is heresy.
It was not until about 400 AD that the heresy of ADDING to the Word of God became acceptable. It was done in two ways: (1) seven apocryphal books were added to the OT and (2) "Holy Tradition" was made equal to Scripture. Therefore the ones who hold to these heretical teachings should be very concerned. The ones who hold to the Bible alone as the sole and supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice should go on doing so.

Last edited:
Reactions: mailmandan

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The r double c or the R C square has truly blinded your eyes . ALL WE NEED IS JESUS CHRIST .
The true church gathers under Him , Not under the RCC . Truth is they flee the RCC .
So i will continue to pray for you my friend . Come out of her and learn Jesus well .

Jesus ascended to heaven! Now what?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus ascended to heaven! Now what?
What is your refined message, tf?

You've posted a lotta threads that kind of beat around the bush.

What would you really like to say?

The Catholic Church is the only True Church and only Catholics go to heaven?

Or is it more that Christianity is a flop?

What is the bottom line? What is your agenda here?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your refined message, tf?

You've posted a lotta threads that kind of beat around the bush.

What would you really like to say?

Or is it more that Christianity is a flop?

What is the bottom line? What is your agenda here?[/QUOTE

there ya go

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
(Saved by baptism)

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism!

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1 Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Born of God by baptism

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I make the alerts stop.... LOL

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but Jesus isn't here to create that church. Do you have prophets directing your church who receive revelations from Jesus like the apostles did? They all had visitations from the resurrected Lord. What does your church have?

I should also add that in the early church as recorded in the bible they collected all the assets of the members and distributed them evenly. Does your "true authority church" do that as described. Remember Ananias and Sapphira. Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With peter our father? Who feeds us?
When peter and john and others still walked this earth , they sounded nothing like the popes .
Nor did they deck themselves out and sit in a chair and have folks kissing their rings . THE RCC is a dragons pit .
IN mouth its says peter and Christ , but it liveth nothing like them . Nothing . Just words , smoke and mirrors my friend .
But , let it not be said i just expose the RCC , STick around i go after many a false leader in a protestant church as well .

Reactions: GEN2REV

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I make the alerts stop.... LOL
Addy i feel led to remind you of something . EVEN THOUGH you SURELY ONCE KNEW IT .
Go to revelation . Was GOD happy at all with folks who even LET , Allowed false ones to teach and to seduce the people .
NOPE . Armour up . STRAP that armour on . GOD has not changed . This aint one big we are one religion lets hug , kiss and destroy truth
for sake of fellowship . WARN THOSE SOULS about the dire and grave dangerous of the RCC . And any other false leader as well in any other
church .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The woke group wont silence this lambs voice . Death will , but even if i do die , GOD has others in place to warn , remind and march onwards .
This woke liberal silence voices by playing the victim card , by making folks who speak against the flow seem as haters , I WONT BE HEEDING IT .
My voice will sound out truth and all reminders , by the grace of GOD , TILL MY LAST BREATH .
The church has been silent for too long . Trying to get along and find some sort of common ground , and in the end
What has this really done . SILENCED THE VOICES of THOSE who would speak truth . WELL NOT ME . NOT EVER .

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Addy i feel led to remind you of something . EVEN THOUGH you SURELY ONCE KNEW IT .
Go to revelation . Was GOD happy at all with folks who even LET , Allowed false ones to teach and to seduce the people .
NOPE . Armour up . STRAP that armour on . GOD has not changed . This aint one big we are one religion lets hug , kiss and destroy truth
for sake of fellowship . WARN THOSE SOULS about the dire and grave dangerous of the RCC . And any other false leader as well in any other
church .
NOPE... NOPE.... NOPE... I have tried to do that here... and all that happens is I blow a gasket... I say LIVE and LET LIVE... people believe what they want.... I cannot force someone to change their minds... and I give up on thinking that forums are anything other than a mosh pit of DIFFERENCES... LOL.... DRAMA seems to be the going attraction... People would rather fight about BEING RIGHT and BEING the ONE TRUE church.

I have had to fight very hard to receive a few TRUTHS about who GOD really is.... Perhaps that is what it means to work out your own salvation with trembling and fear.

I am quite aware what the RCC is and what it is not... I have been there.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOPE... NOPE.... NOPE... I have tried to do that here... and all that happens is I blow a gasket... I say LIVE and LET LIVE... people believe what they want.... I cannot force someone to change their minds... and I give up on thinking that forums are anything other than a mosh pit of DIFFERENCES... LOL.... DRAMA seems to be the going attraction... People would rather fight about BEING RIGHT and BEING the ONE TRUE church.

I have had to fight very hard to receive a few TRUTHS about who GOD really is.... Perhaps that is what it means to work out your own salvation with trembling and fear.

I am quite aware what the RCC is and what it is not... I have been there.
OH if they dont and wont heed , leave them to themselves . NONE of us can change a mind of anyone .
We just speak truth and whoever recieves it amen and whoever dont , well that is on them .