Bible alone heresy!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of those things were ever proscribed by Jesus.

when did Jesus say what is included in scripture?
Did Jesus or scripture ever say all divinely revealed truths are in scripture?
Luther excludes James Jude and revelation
Kjv excludes dan 13 have ever read the faith story of Susana in dan 13?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not pretend to correctly understand it all, but your simple reply presumes that by trusting in your church everything will be OK. But... you did not trust them as you have admitted by stating that after Pious XII died in 1958 most of the church organization went the wrong way.

Is that what any apostle has said to you? You are not claiming to be an apostle so you must be believing someone who is according you an apostle. You say that John XXIII and all ones calling themselves Pope up to the present Francis are false. That is apparently your belief but on what basis should anyone believe you?
I’m not an apostle I only follow jude 1:3 content for thee faith

the question is what do they teach
Heresy falsehood or thee faith?

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we know what is scripture?

Dan 13

is it the inspired word of God or not?

How do you know from scripture alone please?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith, I've noticed you posted about Dan 13 in several posts. Seems like the chapter of the day for you.

To answer your question, let me ask this. Is the Books in the EOC Bible but not in the RCC Bible the inspired word of God or not?

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 16:13 only applies to the apostles
Then Matt 28:19 they teach us
And this thing of applying that verse and other verses in the gospel only to the apostles is where we certainly do disagree. I realize that Catholic believe that.

I have explained to you previously why I disagree. This is not a logic thing. It is a matter of faith, what you have faith in versus what I have faith in...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not an apostle I only follow jude 1:3 content for thee faith

the question is what do they teach
Heresy falsehood or thee faith?
Yes, what do they teach? You have decided that those led by Pope Francis are in error as are all of the Protestants. That is according to your faith.

But, you see that I also and many others on this forum are also living by faith, but what is it that each of us has faith in? You seem to have faith in something or someone set up between you and God.

According to what I understand and believe, Jesus is the someone set up to make it possible for us to commune with God, to become one with Him. You apparently believe something is needed, a church or organization or leadership of men [apostles you say, but so far unidentified by you] So go ahead then according to your own belief, but don't expect people to jump on that bandwagon with you simply because you say it is the right way.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And eve had no part to okay in the fall either?

pontius Pilate?
The Jews? Crucify him crucify him!
The Roman soldiers?

no one had any part to play???

mother and son have a intimate union

lk 2:35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Matthew 27:54
Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw theearthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Jesus is our salvation!
Mary is his mother, hence mother of our salvation and cos she found our salvation Ln 1:30 and consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 and received half of His kingdom
The queen of grace and mercy Heb 4:16

You do not understand salvation do you.

Jesus paid through his suffering and death the penalty that we deserve. No one else contributed anything to that, the role of the other people could be done by anyone.
It is only Jesus who saves, any other belief is false and not Christian.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we know what is scripture?
I make a distinction between scripture and the Word of God.
Dan 13

is it the inspired word of God or not?

How do you know from scripture alone please?[/QUOTE]
Is the wrong answer going to damn us or is the right answer going to save us?

I have told you more than once that I do not serve God by scripture alone. If you are going to answer me ant talk to me please pay attention to what I have already said.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith, I've noticed you posted about Dan 13 in several posts. Seems like the chapter of the day for you.

To answer your question, let me ask this. Is the Books in the EOC Bible but not in the RCC Bible the inspired word of God or not?

what is EOC?

I know the book of Enoch is not
And the gnostic books like gospel of Thomas are not

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not understand salvation do you.

Jesus paid through his suffering and death the penalty that we deserve. No one else contributed anything to that, the role of the other people could be done by anyone.
It is only Jesus who saves, any other belief is false and not Christian.

Yes Jesus is the only savior of course

Just as the king in queen Esther is the savior but queen Esther interceded for the salvation of her people and found favor with the king
And merited and was worthy to receive the salvation
Same with queen Mary ever Virgin mother of God
Merited and was worthy to receive our salvation
Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary full of Grace
The Lord is with thee, not the other way around
Blessed among women
Lk 1:30 found favor of our salvation
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation
Lk 1:43 mother of God
Isa 7:14 ever Virgin
Lk 1:49 immaculate conception of Mary in Her mothers womb
Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun or immaculate purity

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, what do they teach? You have decided that those led by Pope Francis are in error as are all of the Protestants. That is according to your faith.

But, you see that I also and many others on this forum are also living by faith, but what is it that each of us has faith in? You seem to have faith in something or someone set up between you and God.

According to what I understand and believe, Jesus is the someone set up to make it possible for us to commune with God, to become one with Him. You apparently believe something is needed, a church or organization or leadership of men [apostles you say, but so far unidentified by you] So go ahead then according to your own belief, but don't expect people to jump on that bandwagon with you simply because you say it is the right way.

Amen brother John! Jesus IS between us and The Father, as our ONLY mediator.
1 Timothy 2:5
"5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother John! Jesus IS between us and The Father, as our ONLY mediator.
1 Timothy 2:5
"5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Then why did Christ appoint peter and the apostles?

even in ministry of reconciliation and the forgiveness of sins Jn 20:21-23 2:cor 5:18
Feed his sheep jn 21:17
Even to share his judgement Matt 19:28

have read of the great faith and purity of Susana dan chapter 13?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

even in ministry of reconciliation and the forgiveness of sins Jn 20:21-23 2:cor 5:18

have read of the great faith and purity of Susana dan chapter 13?

Hi theefaith,
First, I'm of the belief that if it did not end up in the bible, God didn't want it there so, no I haven't read Susana dan.

I'm supposing that Jesus had to appoint someone to start spreading the gospel...isn't it God's plan that everyone should hear it? The apostles were vessels. Just like King David, Moses, Mary, etc. They will also be honored in God's Kingdom.

How do you interpret this verse?

1 Peter 3:15
"15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

Wouldn't that be giving the gospel? Having a ready answer from the word of God?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Their purpose is explained in Ephesians 4:11-14 and helpers to those in need of help to become what God wants them to become. What would you add to what Paul wrote there? When would it be that a person no longer needs those ministers to help him? What should a person do if an apparent minister is not doing what God called him to do?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi theefaith,
First, I'm of the belief that if it did not end up in the bible, God didn't want it there so, no I haven't read Susana dan.

I'm supposing that Jesus had to appoint someone to start spreading the gospel...isn't it God's plan that everyone should hear it? The apostles were vessels. Just like King David, Moses, Mary, etc. They will also be honored in God's Kingdom.

"15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

Wouldn't that be giving the gospel? Having a ready answer from the word of God?

It was in the Bible for over a thousand years before the tradition of men under king James removed it
Luther also wanted James Jude and revelation removed

addy liked the story
Great example of faith and purity and trust in God

the movies love comes softly etc are not in scripture but still good movies and their Protestant, the Ten Commandments was a good movie and that way done by a Jew

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was in the Bible for over a thousand years before the tradition of men under king James removed it
Luther also wanted James Jude and revelation removed

addy liked the story
Great example of faith and purity and trust in God

the movies love comes softly etc are not in scripture but still good movies and their Protestant, the Ten Commandments was a good movie and that way done by a Jew

I'm sure it's a lovely story, maybe one day I will read it. Far as "Christian" movies, at least now a days, Hollywood is and has been Satan's playground forever, if one listens closely, they will hear the little twists and omissions in the dialog so, I don't even watch them anymore as, they are too worldly or just plain watered down.. Politics as well is a fave of Satan and his evil gang.

Back to topic...So then, no comment on the other things I posted? I'll leave a reminder here:

"I'm supposing that Jesus had to appoint someone to start spreading the gospel...isn't it God's plan that everyone should hear it? The apostles were vessels. Just like King David, Moses, Mary, etc. They will also be honored in God's Kingdom.

Wouldn't that be giving the gospel? Having a ready answer from the word of God?"

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Jesus is the only savior of course

Just as the king in queen Esther is the savior but queen Esther interceded for the salvation of her people and found favor with the king
And merited and was worthy to receive the salvation
Same with queen Mary ever Virgin mother of God
Merited and was worthy to receive our salvation
Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary full of Grace
The Lord is with thee, not the other way around
Blessed among women
Lk 1:30 found favor of our salvation
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation
Lk 1:43 mother of God
Isa 7:14 ever Virgin
Lk 1:49 immaculate conception of Mary in Her mothers womb
Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun or immaculate purity

That Mary was a unique young woman to be chosen to bare Jesus, that is the limit of her role in salvation..

It is only Jesus who saves and as a child of God, adopted into his family, as an heir along with Jesus I have the right of acces into the throne room of Almighty God at any time.
I have no need of any other intermideator.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Mary was a unique young woman to be chosen to bare Jesus, that is the limit of her role in salvation..

It is only Jesus who saves and as a child of God, adopted into his family, as an heir along with Jesus I have the right of acces into the throne room of Almighty God at any time.

Read Lk 1 carefully

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus gave all disciples a mother full of grace Lk 1:28 matt 19:26