Bible alone heresy!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture alone with no interpretation!!!

*proceedes to try and defend this statment using personal interpretation of scripture.*

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
example: of the word of God not in the Bible alone!
Why do you insist on lumping everyone together as if we all believed and practiced precisely the same thing? I have never confessed as mine that 'Bible alone' thing you are continuously pushing.
Lk 3:2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.
Or
1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

these are divine revelation!
Inspired by the Holy Spirit!
And the word of God!

why do some only accept them after they are written down?
Ask someone who does that! Don't expect me to answer for others. I am the one who responded to your thread so responding directly to me according to my beliefs would be a better thing, I believe.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you, but sometimes that direct connection within me redirects for any answer. Perhaps you cannot hear me now, but God does! We do need to have those "ears to hear" about which Jesus speaks.

Good verse that one! Who did God send? Who is able to hear the ones that He has sent? His sheep!

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Rom 10:14-15

My difficulty, at least as far as you are concerned is that I responded to another authority many decades ago, which is higher than any authority of which you speak. Consider the call here:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Rev 18:4

Who is the "her"? I will make no presumptions here nor make accusations that would not be edifying, but my goal lies now before me and I have been heading toward it since 1976. The "her" remains behind me and for it me to look back would taking the way of Lot's wife or of the dog returned to his own vomit.

Who are they who have the rule over us to whom we are to submit? Be careful not presume that no one else could be right in their direction toward God:

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." I Cor 11:3

Even the five ministries as per Eph 4:11 are not to rule over us, but rather to teach and help us attaing to perfection. Our submission is to Christ whose head is God. Those ministers are not to be get squeezed somewhere in between so as to have some kind of imagined [from where I am sitting] authority...

Yes, God has an order, but be careful about the sound you are hearing, for are a whole lot of uncertain sounds about us.

God shows us the Way to go, if and when we are paying attention to His voice. His sheep will know His voice. He calls them by name. It will not be the voices of any stranger. I do not know the voice of any priests or other hierarchical positioned persons within the formal Catholic Church nor within your church, if that is different.

"But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:2-5

Our shepherd now is Jesus, the Head of the Body. he is the one I hear and who knows my name. He is not stranger to me.

Yes true
Christ is king but what king administers his own kingdom
Christ appointed peter prime minster to govern the holy church and administer the kings till he returns and the apostles with him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes true
Christ is king but what king administers his own kingdom
Christ appointed peter prime minster to govern the holy church and administer the kings till he returns and the apostles with him
You believe that perhaps, but I cannot. Is not Christ in me now? If He is and I am hearing His voice and obeying why would I or should I need any man or group of men between me and God?

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" Col 1:27

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe that perhaps, but I cannot. Is not Christ in me now? If He is and I am hearing His voice and obeying why would I or should I need any man or group of men between me and God?

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" Col 1:27
Jn 21:15

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:14-16
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I having been reading my Bibles daily for a great many years as well as participating in this and other forums. What sways me is the input of the Holy Spirit for indeed, God alone gives any real increase.

You argue continuously against "Bible alone" and then throw out another verse with no commentary or opinion or explanation as if that bit of the "Bible alone" would change where I am. Jesus was growing until he overcame the world and so, I believe, must we. Without the Holy Spirit, no one can approach God more closely!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what Jesus says:

"Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets" Matt 22:36-40

You beat me to it brother!

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:14-16
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Again a good verse, but it is not as you probably think addressed only the apostles who were walking with Jesus 2,000 years ago. The Light to shine before men is the Light in us as the Word of God grows within us.

How bright are we? How bright will we become? When is the famine in the land and who is it that is dying for lack of proper nourishment?

"Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound." Isaiah 30:26

Have the dark days, the days of famine, already begun? Who among us is not blinded by the Light? When may the veil be removed? What does this have to do with the veil torn asunder when Jesus died on the cross?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I having been reading my Bibles daily for a great many years as well as participating in this and other forums. What sways me is the input of the Holy Spirit for indeed, God alone gives any real increase.

You argue continuously against "Bible alone" and then throw out another verse with no commentary or opinion or explanation as if that bit of the "Bible alone" would change where I am. Jesus was growing until he overcame the world and so, I believe, must we. Without the Holy Spirit, no one can approach God more closely!

So the need of the HS defeats the false doctrine of the “Bible alone”

hi Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again a good verse, but it is not as you probably think addressed only the apostles who were walking with Jesus 2,000 years ago. The Light to shine before men is the Light in us as the Word of God grows within us.

How bright are we? How bright will we become? When is the famine in the land and who is it that is dying for lack of proper nourishment?

"Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound." Isaiah 30:26

Have the dark days, the days of famine, already begun? Who among us is not blinded by the Light? When may the veil be removed? What does this have to do with the veil torn asunder when Jesus died on the cross?

Represents the whole church, with the apostles as leaders

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the need of the HS defeats the false doctrine of the “Bible alone”

hi Nancy
The Holy Spirit/Ghost will lead us into all truth if we always allow the Spirit to lead.

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

People do not have all of the Truth because either they do not have the Holy Spirit at all... or they are too often quenching the Holy Spirit in them:

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

In most [or even all] church settings, including the Catholic, I believe, people who have received the gift of the Holy Spirit are taught to quench the Spirit and most of them do.

The result is a mixed message, or a distorted message or an incomplete message or even a completely erroneous message instead of the pure unadulterated message from God.

Reactions: Stan B and Nancy

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In most [or even all] church settings, including the Catholic, I believe, people who have received the gift of the Holy Spirit are taught to quench the Spirit and most of them do.

Why would they be taught that. And how would they be taught that?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“Bible alone” is false doctrine
Negates the word of God, apostolic councils, creeds, cannons, decrees, dogma, and the teaching authority of the apostles!

None of those things were ever proscribed by Jesus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Represents the whole church, with the apostles as leaders
I do not pretend to correctly understand it all, but your simple reply presumes that by trusting in your church everything will be OK. But... you did not trust them as you have admitted by stating that after Pious XII died in 1958 most of the church organization went the wrong way.

Is that what any apostle has said to you? You are not claiming to be an apostle so you must be believing someone who is according you an apostle. You say that John XXIII and all ones calling themselves Pope up to the present Francis are false. That is apparently your belief but on what basis should anyone believe you?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would they be taught that. And how would they be taught that?
Look at the programs many church groups prepare ahead of time. Look at the lack of opportunity for anyone to stand and testify unless some man or men have decided a testimony service is going to be included. Of course, some churches never have testimony services. An visiting preacher, teacher or minister in most church service will not be allowed to speak unless he has cleared it in advance with those men who make such decisions in that place.

Some places are better and strive to have things truly led by the Holy Spirit, as if they always knew the mind and intention of God for that group at that time.

If you or I were sent by God to an assembly unknown to us filled with people unknown to us and with instructions to stand up and preach a message to those people, how far would we get in most assemblies?

And if Jesus in the flesh as man were to visit such a place with no accompanying signs and wonders, would most of these places allow him to speak?

They already have a program in place and no man... and not even God Himself... without an miraculous intervention could or would interrupt it.

If there was a miraculous intervention would they even then all believe or would they doubt the very man Jesus in the flesh? Are all of these church goers really better than these five brethren?

"For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:28-31

One has risen from the dead, but today around us there is a whole lot of unbelief... even in the churches! Even on this forum are some who would not believe a miracle from God without scientific proof...LOL. Where is our faith?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit/Ghost will lead us into all truth if we always allow the Spirit to lead.

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

People do not have all of the Truth because either they do not have the Holy Spirit at all... or they are too often quenching the Holy Spirit in them:

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

The result is a mixed message, or a distorted message or an incomplete message or even a completely erroneous message instead of the pure unadulterated message from God.

Jn 16:13 only applies to the apostles
Then Matt 28:19 they teach us