Bible alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My criteria is both reasonable and sound. I'm not sure you have an acceptable criteria--seems to be subjective?
Ummm... cited by an authoritative text--lived by the authors? Seems like it's fair game to investigate and possibly find value and blessing.
I'm just talking about following in their footsteps.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My criteria is both reasonable and sound. I'm not sure you have an acceptable criteria--seems to be subjective?
FWIW I haven't read Enoch probably since 2006--I have too many questions about Christianity to waste my time reading Enoch.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sacrament is a sacred oath or promise of God
Negative. You should know that it is supposed that "God has appointed external, visible ceremonies as the means by which certain graces are to be conferred on men." In order to obtain these graces, "it will be necessary for men to make use of those divinely appointed means." (Sacraments: Catholic Answers)

This is a teaching, not only of the Catholic church but of other churches also. Such ideas are born from our human need for religion, which seeks to appease the gods in order to obtain from the gods whatever one needs or desires, e.g. good health, lots of children, bountiful crops, freedom from enemies, and etc. And such are the practices of the ignorant polytheists.

The essential question is this. What does God want me to give in exchange for what I want? What ritual must I perform in order to receive God's graces?

Anyone who practices the sacraments or believes in the sacraments has been duped by the evil one into a life of slavery. Contrary to that, anyone who believes in the Father and his son Jesus Christ is free of rituals and sacraments and other accoutrements of slavery.

According to Jesus Christ, all we need to do is ask the Father and he will give us what we want. Matthew 21:22 "

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:11
Luke 11:13

God has already given us all the spiritual blessings. Ephesians 1:3, 2Peter 1:3

Catholic teaching is false teaching.

Reactions: Brakelite

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I would NOT endorse the Book of Enoch hastily that way. I would SEARCH to check the source. IF it could be verified satisfyingly then I would say "We should consider this book as well." I'm not saying "on par with decided-upon Scripture", but definitely "don't ignore it--there could be something good there, and just keep making sure it doesn't contradict Scripture".

Job was the exception. He wrote prior to Law. Same as an ostensible Enoch writing.

As far as the writings Paul would have cited "the Rock that followed them" they would satisfy this ad hoc criteria of yours.

just because He gave a prophecy does not mean His book is inspired

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ theefaith

Can you answer post # 292

mod course they are men, have fallen human nature and are not impeccable but through is all Christ brings his spotless bride, they actually increase our faith in Christ and His word
The church must be of divine origin or it could never have survived 2000 yrs under such men, but as to teaching the universal church cannot teach error Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 and is still the one true church Jn 10:16 the successors still have the authority of Jesus Christ Matt 28:18-20 matt 16:18 matt 18:18 Jn 20:21-23

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mod course they are men, have fallen human nature and are not impeccable but through is all Christ brings his spotless bride, they actually increase our faith in Christ and His word
The church must be of divine origin or it could never have survived 2000 yrs under such men, but as to teaching the universal church cannot teach error Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 and is still the one true church Jn 10:16 the successors still have the authority of Jesus Christ Matt 28:18-20 matt 16:18 matt 18:18 Jn 20:21-23
Hinduism must also be divine by that line of reasoning. Satanism too. And Buddhism. And Shintoism.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hinduism must also be divine by that line of reasoning. Satanism too. And Buddhism. And Shintoism.
@theefaith Oops! I forgot I was talking to a representative of an organization that actually blesses idolatry, whose Pope kisses the Quran a book inspired by the spirit of antichrist (denying the Son). Blasphemers. Come and "teach" us the eternal faith. Protestants are anathema but not pacha mama worshippers!
What a joke.
Bishop Barron, a supposedly "Christian" representative, tells an antichrist Jew (Ben Shapiro) that he can go to heaven by following the Torah.

YOU GUYS what is wrong with you?

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound prejudiced against women. Are you saying you can't learn anything from a woman?

Acts 1:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Notice: some man!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 1:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Notice: some man!
Look at Bishop Barron "guiding" Ben Shapiro--into hell fire.

Oh thanks for teaching me the eternal faith Bishop it's so nice here in hell where the eternal faith led me!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Negative. You should know that it is supposed that "God has appointed external, visible ceremonies as the means by which certain graces are to be conferred on men." In order to obtain these graces, "it will be necessary for men to make use of those divinely appointed means." (Sacraments: Catholic Answers)

This is a teaching, not only of the Catholic church but of other churches also. Such ideas are born from our human need for religion, which seeks to appease the gods in order to obtain from the gods whatever one needs or desires, e.g. good health, lots of children, bountiful crops, freedom from enemies, and etc. And such are the practices of the ignorant polytheists.

The essential question is this. What does God want me to give in exchange for what I want? What ritual must I perform in order to receive God's graces?

Anyone who practices the sacraments or believes in the sacraments has been duped by the evil one into a life of slavery. Contrary to that, anyone who believes in the Father and his son Jesus Christ is free of rituals and sacraments and other accoutrements of slavery.

According to Jesus Christ, all we need to do is ask the Father and he will give us what we want. Matthew 21:22 "

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:11
Luke 11:13

God has already given us all the spiritual blessings. Ephesians 1:3, 2Peter 1:3

Catholic teaching is false teaching.

really?

Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

God speaking here!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

mk 16:16

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really?

Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

God speaking here!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

mk 16:16

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ
Teach us Pachamama worship! That's what we really need to know--the eternal "faith"! DAMNABLE heresy!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummm... cited by an authoritative text--lived by the authors? Seems like it's fair game to investigate and possibly find value and blessing.
I'm just talking about following in their footsteps.

That's reasonable, but Jude never said he lived 1 Enoch--he just quoted a traditional prophecy of Enoch that happened to have been recorded in 1 Enoch. It's certainly fair game to investigate it, and to find value in it.

I think our difference is that I believe God certified, in his call to certain men, certain letters or books as worthy of keeping both for devotional and for instructional purposes, set apart as more critical than other works precisely because they represent foundational materials, upon which the Church was based. Christianity has been based upon the Law and the Abrahamic Covenant, as well as upon the teaching of Christ, as conveyed to us through those close enough to him to properly represent it. To me, that's what makes Scriptures "Scripture." It has its own intrinsic value, as opposed to other Christian works that also have great spiritual value.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's involved in the "investigative" process--but if it was good enough for Jude it's good enough for me. I can follow in their footsteps.

it’s the holy church that has authority from Christ to cannonize scripture not our opinions no matter how good they may be

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the other books that the church says are inspired scripture?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it’s the holy church that has authority from Christ to cannonize scripture not our opinions no matter how good they may be
Tell me about the holy faith--Quran kissing, Pachamama blessing, and Jew affirming. That's your holy faith guys--remember it!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None the of those are in scripture
Jn 10:16
You said the fact that it had been around for so long was the proof not anything about Scripture. And since when did you love Scripture? Only when you think it serves your purposes.