Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Lord Jesus Christ is the final authority. And while we know that He inspired all Scripture to be written, that does not mean that He does not inspire people today!!!!!!!!!

God told you to study the word....
He didnt tell you to study some inner voice that might be the devil talking to you.

Here is the thing.....the bible is the path, the Light, and the way we discover God's will, God's ways, and God's heart.

A believer has to have a final authority, and this has to be the word of God.
If its not, then your final authority is your opinion.
God rejects your opinion....100%

Start here : Hebrews 13:9. if you are born again.
Why?
Because you have to get your heart faith right, and until you have it centered on God and How He saved you and keeps you saved, then you have not even began to understand being redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb.
And until you do what that verse tells you, God will not give you a ministry, or any revelation, as God's work through you is based on how much truth you know......and truth, is revealed in that Bible into your Spirit man......one layer at a time....one piece at a time.
God's word builds levels of revelation in you, that all fit together, and the foundation is found and maintained by understanding who you have become "in Christ".
And that revelation is started and maintained in Hebrews 13:9, as it tells you upon what to establish your REAL FAITH.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit will only 'inspire' us to believe on what is written in the Word of God.

There is no other H.S. inspirational writing above and beyond the written and completed Word of God = Sola Scriptura

We do continue to write and speak under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit today but only that which conforms to Scripture is Holy and True.

OH MY!!

The Scriptures clearly say to believe in Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!

Yet you write "to believe on what is written in the Word of God" ???

Are you thinking that Jesus Christ is "written"?????

He is a person, and that person has a name which is called "The Word of God"!!

But that just mean He talks to us personally!! He is not the Scriptures but rather the One who talked to those people who wrote the Bible. Ad they wrote down things to help people understand they type of things that we might expect to hear from our Lord Jesus Christ, if in fact we do listen to Him. Things like:

Jn:5:378 “You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent."

Believing in the Bible (the Scriptures) is NOT believing in Him!!

Jn 5:39,40 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

That was what was happneing back then, and there is nothing new under the sun. People today are still putting their faith in the Scriptures as opposed to putting their faith in Jesus Christ - so they search the Scriptures thinking that will five them eternal life instead of actually seeking the voice of our Lord Jesus Christ and what He says to us through His Holy Spirit. They suffer the second death because they didn't actually believe what Moses and those who wrote the Scriptures were trying to explain to them, which was that the personally need to be listening to the Lord our God by believing in Him - that He was there to be heard from!!

If you believed the Sacred Writings, you would believe the Jesus Christ is the Word of God and you would then seek Him, and all those who seek Him find Him, but again that requires you believe that He can be heard form. How will you hear from Him if you don't actually believe in Him?

Jn 5:46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

If you don't believe that Moses was telling you about Him, whose words are found near you - in your heart and mouth - not in your Bible - because He sends His Spirit to talk to you - then you will not believe in Jesus Christ!! You will then write things like "to believe on what is written in the Word of God", because you don't know Him who speaks to us!!

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

His Holy Spirit brought the words of the Lord to wrote the Bible, but that is not you hearing from the Holy Spirit, that was them hearing from the Lord via His Holy Spirit!! So reading the Scriptures do not give you "life" it gave them "life" - and they were trying to help you by explaining this to you!! But you simply will not believe them who wrote, as shown by the fact they you do not turn to Him who speaks!! Did you not read that the Scriptures bring death, and that so the life might come through Jesus Christ?

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

So it is not ""to believe on what is written in the Word of God"!!!!!!!!!!

But rather it is "by faith in Jesus Christ"

How do we claim to study and know the Scriptures and actually miss what is written in the Scriptures!! How is it that we do not understand that all those who wrote the Sacred Writings did so to help you come to know Jesus Christ as the Word of God who personally speaks to you!!!

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

I FIND IT SO SAD, THAT PEOPLE THINK THAT SEARCHING THE SCRIPTURES THINKING IN THEM THEY WILL HAVE LIFE, AND THAT PEOPLE CALL THE SCRIPTURES THE WORD OF GOD WHEN THE SCRIPTURES CALL JESUS CHRIST THE WORD OF GOD, AND THAT PEOPLE TEND TO THINK THEY ONLY NEED TO KNOW THE SCRIPTURES WHEN THEY NEED TO KNOW JESUS CHRIST!!! IF FIND IT SAD BECAUSE OF WHAT IS PROMISED TO THEM IF THEY WIND UP STANDING BEFORE HIM FOR JUDGEMENT AFTER THERE DEATH!

Mat 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

If you know a person you talk to them. If you know Jesus Christ you talk to Him (back and forth) through His Holy Spirit. If you have talk to Him and if you do know Him, you then know that it is not knowing the Scriptures which save you!! It is by knowing Him though your faith in Him, that He is there to talk to you, which has cause Him to save you.

The Holy Spirit once told me, "We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord"!

Have we who personally know the Lord gotten that backward???

Why is it that so many don't understand this?? Have we who do actually know the Lord failing to make our message clear??

IT IS THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST BY WHICH A PERSON IS SAVED!! THAT IS WHAT IS EXPLAINED IN THE SCRIPTURE!! IT IS WHAT WE NEED TO BE PUTTING STRAIGHT!! PEOPLE - STOP PUTTING YOUR FAITH IN THE SCRIPTURES AND START PUTTING YOUR FAITH IN THE LIVING AND ACTIVE WORD OF GOD WHO IS JESUS CHRIST!! GET TO KNOW HIM!! PREACH HIM!! TELL PEOPLE ABOUT HIM!! TRY TO KEEP PEOPLE FROM PERISHING!! THE WORK OF GOD IS THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO KNOW THE SON!! USE THE BIBLE TO HELP WITH THAT BUT NEVER TELL OR EVEN IMPLY THAT KNOWING THE BIBLE WILL SAVE THEM!! IT IS NOT BY KNOWING THE BIBLE BY BY KNOWING HIM - AND THAT IS WHAT THE BIBLE EXPLAINS!

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord Jesus Christ is the final authority. And while we know that He inspired all Scripture to be written, that does not mean that He does not inspire people today!!!!!!!!!

That is just very poor logic to assume that "ONLY the scriptures are inspired"!!!

Not only is that poor logic it is the opposite of what the Scriptures tells us - or have we not even read about how we need to listen to the Lord?

He inspires you, if you listen to Him!!! So how can anyone who truly knows the Lord think that "ONLY" the scriptures are inspired. Are they not inspired by hearing the Lord. His sheep do hear His voice!! The Lord is inspiring!!
We keep trying to tell them that but they don't want to know.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
There shall be NO baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Catholics etc in heaven . just Christians!

Reactions: Pearl

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH MY!!

But that just mean He talks to us personally!! He is not the Scriptures but rather the One who talked to those people who wrote the Bible. Ad they wrote down things to help people understand they type of things that we might expect to hear from our Lord Jesus Christ, if in fact we do listen to Him. Things like:

Jn:5:378 “You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent."

Jn 5:39,40 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

That was what was happneing back then, and there is nothing new under the sun. People today are still putting their faith in the Scriptures as opposed to putting their faith in Jesus Christ - so they search the Scriptures thinking that will five them eternal life instead of actually seeking the voice of our Lord Jesus Christ and what He says to us through His Holy Spirit. They suffer the second death because they didn't actually believe what Moses and those who wrote the Scriptures were trying to explain to them, which was that the personally need to be listening to the Lord our God by believing in Him - that He was there to be heard from!!

If you believed the Sacred Writings, you would believe the Jesus Christ is the Word of God and you would then seek Him, and all those who seek Him find Him, but again that requires you believe that He can be heard form. How will you hear from Him if you don't actually believe in Him?

Jn 5:46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

If you don't believe that Moses was telling you about Him, whose words are found near you - in your heart and mouth - not in your Bible - because He sends His Spirit to talk to you - then you will not believe in Jesus Christ!! You will then write things like "to believe on what is written in the Word of God", because you don't know Him who speaks to us!!

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

His Holy Spirit brought the words of the Lord to wrote the Bible, but that is not you hearing from the Holy Spirit, that was them hearing from the Lord via His Holy Spirit!! So reading the Scriptures do not give you "life" it gave them "life" - and they were trying to help you by explaining this to you!! But you simply will not believe them who wrote, as shown by the fact they you do not turn to Him who speaks!! Did you not read that the Scriptures bring death, and that so the life might come through Jesus Christ?

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

How do we claim to study and know the Scriptures and actually miss what is written in the Scriptures!! How is it that we do not understand that all those who wrote the Sacred Writings did so to help you come to know Jesus Christ as the Word of God who personally speaks to you!!!

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

I FIND IT SO SAD, THAT PEOPLE THINK THAT SEARCHING THE SCRIPTURES THINKING IN THEM THEY WILL HAVE LIFE, AND THAT PEOPLE CALL THE SCRIPTURES THE WORD OF GOD WHEN THE SCRIPTURES CALL JESUS CHRIST THE WORD OF GOD, AND THAT PEOPLE TEND TO THINK THEY ONLY NEED TO KNOW THE SCRIPTURES WHEN THEY NEED TO KNOW JESUS CHRIST!!! IF FIND IT SAD BECAUSE OF WHAT IS PROMISED TO THEM IF THEY WIND UP STANDING BEFORE HIM FOR JUDGEMENT AFTER THERE DEATH!

Mat 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

If you know a person you talk to them. If you know Jesus Christ you talk to Him (back and forth) through His Holy Spirit. If you have talk to Him and if you do know Him, you then know that it is not knowing the Scriptures which save you!! It is by knowing Him though your faith in Him, that He is there to talk to you, which has cause Him to save you.

The Holy Spirit once told me, "We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord"!

Why is it that so many don't understand this?? Have we who do actually know the Lord failing to make our message clear??

IT IS THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST BY WHICH A PERSON IS SAVED!! THAT IS WHAT IS EXPLAINED IN THE SCRIPTURE!! IT IS WHAT WE NEED TO BE PUTTING STRAIGHT!! PEOPLE - STOP PUTTING YOUR FAITH IN THE SCRIPTURES AND START PUTTING YOUR FAITH IN THE LIVING AND ACTIVE WORD OF GOD WHO IS JESUS CHRIST!! GET TO KNOW HIM!! PREACH HIM!! TELL PEOPLE ABOUT HIM!! TRY TO KEEP PEOPLE FROM PERISHING!! THE WORK OF GOD IS THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO KNOW THE SON!! USE THE BIBLE TO HELP WITH THAT BUT NEVER TELL OR EVEN IMPLY THAT KNOWING THE BIBLE WILL SAVE THEM!! IT IS NOT BY KNOWING THE BIBLE BY BY KNOWING HIM - AND THAT IS WHAT THE BIBLE EXPLAINS!
There is NO inspiration today, as we already have the complete and total revelation of God to us in the inspired scriptures!

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God told you to study the word....
He didnt tell you to study some inner voice that might be the devil talking to you.

Here is the thing.....the bible is the path, the Light, and the way we discover God's will, God's ways, and God's heart.

A believer has to have a final authority, and this has to be the word of God.
If its not, then your final authority is your opinion.
God rejects your opinion....100%

Start here : Hebrews 13:9. if you are born again.
Why?
Because you have to get your heart faith right, and until you have it centered on God and How He saved you and keeps you saved, then you have not even began to understand being redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb.
And until you do what that verse tells you, God will not give you a ministry, or any revelation, as God's work through you is based on how much truth you know......and truth, is revealed in that Bible into your Spirit man......one layer at a time....one piece at a time.
God's word builds levels of revelation in you, that all fit together, and the foundation is found and maintained by understanding who you have become "in Christ".
And that revelation is started and maintained in Hebrews 13:9, as it tells you upon what to establish your REAL FAITH.
God ceased any revelation to us after John passed, and none have been inspired by him since that time!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There shall be NO baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Catholics etc in heaven . just Christians!
Absolutely right. The One True Church with Jesus as her head; the church which can only be entered through the narrow gate. The Church which Jesus talked about - his bride - the biblical Church, which is made up only of those who are Born Again believers from whatever church background, or none, worldwide, past , present and future. Those who through the revelation of the Holy Spirit have seen Jesus for who he is, recognised what he did, turned from their sin and accepted him into their hearts and lives as Lord and Saviour. Anybody who hasn’t taken these steps towards him and made that commitment is not, in my view, part of the Church. And in my experience many church-goers and even clergy fall outside these criteria.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH MY!!

OH My = You went off on a grace filled diatribe, without understanding what I said, even though it agrees with your letter.

Peace

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Problem is , The CC aint it my friend .
The sooner you get busy feasting on that bible you would see this .
You keep thinking the CC is that church . You have allowed the traditions of men
who claimed thus sayeth the LORD to cloud your mind . IT has taken you far from the simplicity which is in Christ .
You have come in the name of the papacy to lead people into a church you claim follows the teachings of Christ
and the orginal apostels .
And i am telling you if you would humble that heart and return to the scripture , it would not take long
before you started to realize the same thing that many catholics through all ages did realize .
OH DEAR WE BEEN DUPED . But you wont do that ..........will you .
You claim you follow the Tradition of Christ and of the original apostels
but i have come to point you back to THE HOLY INSPIRED scriptures themselves .
My friend its real easy to see that one of us is not following the original doctrine and pattern laid out and given to the orginal
church by Christ . OPEN that bible and seek HIM for yourself . Open and love the words of Christ ,
learning His pattern , His teachings , the pattern set by the very apostles you claim to follow .
IF YOU DID just that , you gonna see OH DEAR THE CC HAS LEFT OFF from the original pattern .
A JW cliams His church is truth , A mormon claims His church is truth
and so on and so forth . THE CC claims His church is truth .
The problem is they cant all be right . Truth is , none of those are .
TO learn the truth , RETURN YE TO THE HOLY BOOK called the bible and humble thyself and cry unto the glorious LORD .
FOR HE is full of mercy and compassion and desires not the death of any . GO YE AND LEARN HIM , IN THE BOOK
called the bible . THEN ye shall see and shall know and understand .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH My = You went off on a grace filled diatribe, without understanding what I said, even though it agrees with your letter.

Peace
This can be easily cleared up . As you well know there are many who do claim to follow and know JESUS .
and yet each one has a version of a jesus that is not Jesus . THUS TO LEARN THE TRUE JESUS , OPEN BIBLES and START FEASTING .
How is that for a simple summation . Too many are following another gospel and another jesus , neither of which can save .
To KNOW and to ENSURE that we are following JESUS CHRIST , OPEN those bibles and learn of HIM .
As i am sure you do agree .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not what but Who is HS7...............

You will find Him here John 1:32-34 and here John 14:26
NOTICE what the COMFORTER DOES . It brings to remembrance all things JESUS did teach and say .
And yet many who claim Christ and claim to Be Spirit filled
OMIT some of JESUS own teaches and say THUS SAYETH THE LORD .
THEY think they hear of the SPIRIT , but it aint the HOLY SPIRIT or it would confirm and agree to ALL that JESUS DID TEACH
and SAY . Let us learn our bibles well . For there are many spirits , many men who have crept into
what is called christendom and have decieved and plagued the churches with foul doctrines of men gone wrong .
Stay in that bible . Any lamb who is truly born again from above , WOULD LOVE TRUTH . FOR GOD has SHED that LOVE
for truth upon the heart of a born again lamb . TOO many have cast aside the truth
to sit under those who preach and teach what their itchy lust filled ears desire . AND that my friend IS BAD NEWS for them .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH MY!!

Remember when paul wrote and said that some were following another jesus .
YE MUST BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST is VERY TRUE INDEED .
But many believe on another jesus christ . PS , that one cannot save .
If you had a plumbing problem
and i told you , You need to call Jose rodrigues , HE is the man who can fix your sink .
THEN you open a phone book and , alas there are over fifty names that are jose rodrigues .
REST assured if you call upon the other forty nine , YOUR PLUMBING WONT BE FIXED .
MANY call upon another jesus now , they sit under another jesus , another version of JESUS .
SO how can one ensure they are following the TRUE JESUS . OPEN BIBLE AND LEARN THAT ONE . AND LEARN HIM WELL .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For many men , many peoples have entered into what is known as Christendom .
And can indeed appear as men of righteousness , and yet as satan can appear as even an angel of LIGHT
and YET HE IS DARKNESS , THEN MARVEL NOT that many can be amongst us , ONLY TO DO the work of darkness .
OPEN BIBLES and HURRY . LEARN that JESUS and learn the docrine of those apostels WELL . HURRY and let not a soul look back .

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely right. The One True Church with Jesus as her head; the church which can only be entered through the narrow gate. The Church which Jesus talked about - his bride - the biblical Church, which is made up only of those who are Born Again believers from whatever church background, or none, worldwide, past , present and future. Those who through the revelation of the Holy Spirit have seen Jesus for who he is, recognised what he did, turned from their sin and accepted him into their hearts and lives as Lord and Saviour. Anybody who hasn’t taken these steps towards him and made that commitment is not, in my view, part of the Church. And in my experience many church-goers and even clergy fall outside these criteria.
The Lord jesus is NOT any of those groups, as he is God Incarnate!

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For many men , many peoples have entered into what is known as Christendom .
And can indeed appear as men of righteousness , and yet as satan can appear as even an angel of LIGHT
and YET HE IS DARKNESS , THEN MARVEL NOT that many can be amongst us , ONLY TO DO the work of darkness .
OPEN BIBLES and HURRY . LEARN that JESUS and learn the docrine of those apostels WELL . HURRY and let not a soul look back .
What saves us as fallen sinners> Any water baptism, any church membership, any works that we do? nay, God forbid, saved by the precious shed blood of Christ, by His death and resurrection alone!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Lord jesus is NOT any of those groups, as he is God Incarnate!
I'm not sure who you are addressing there and what you mean
True, but in Inspired as in the biblical sense of that term!
it is amazing how much I have learned from books which were Spirit inspired. I believe that many of the books written since biblical times to be a continuation of the Acts. Testimonies of God's power, inspiring deeper faith and a closer walk with God.

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure who you are addressing there and what you mean

it is amazing how much I have learned from books which were Spirit inspired. I believe that many of the books written since biblical times to be a continuation of the Acts. Testimonies of God's power, inspiring deeper faith and a closer walk with God.
NO book was or is inspired apart form the scriptures themselves!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
NO book was or is inspired apart form the scriptures themselves!
Really? Do you mean that the Holy Spirit can't inspire people today? What about:
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
So to me that means his Holy Spirit can still inspire and encourage an guide and teach and comfort through written words that aren't scripture.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Do you mean that the Holy Spirit can't inspire people today? What about:
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
So to me that means his Holy Spirit can still inspire and encourage an guide and teach and comfort through written words that aren't scripture.

AGREE and the Holy Spirit delights in inspiring us today.