Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problem with the “Bible alone”!

You can easily see why the false doctrine of the “Bible alone” causes so many problems and why we can simply ignor creeds, councils, dogma, and decrees of the holy apostles teaching infallibility with the authority of Christ!

“Bible alone” is false doctrine
Negates the word of God, apostolic councils, creeds, cannons, decrees, dogma, and the teaching authority of the apostles!

The false doctrine of “the Bible Alone” is an attack on Christ and His holy church!
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
To reject the church or church teaching is to reject Christ!

An attack on the holy church and her divine authority!

Even Christ who is the truth itself is excluded!

Scratch these verses that refer to authority other than the “Bible Alone” our of your Bible!

Isa 22:21-22 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 1:32 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 Jn 21:17 Acts 1:17 acts 1:26 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 20:28 eph 2:20 and too many more to mention!

Negates the word of God, apostolic councils, creeds, cannons, decrees, dogma, and the teaching authority of the apostles!

You don't say!! And here's me thinking that the bible alone WAS the word of God. And all those other sources got their inspiration from the bible. Seems you never know these days. Especially where there is someone who is not one of the above to put us right. I wonder if thee faith is a reincarnated cannon. Might be as she/he seems to think she/he is big shot around here.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don't say!! And here's me thinking that the bible alone WAS the word of God. And all those other sources got their inspiration from the bible. Seems you never know these days. Especially where there is someone who is not one of the above to put us right. I wonder if thee faith is a reincarnated cannon. Might be as she/he seems to think she/he is big shot around here.
Theefaith is a cool guy.

His only flaw is he is in cahoots with the RCC.

If he obeys Acts 2:38, God won't hold it against him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

all scripture came by tradition!

And by divine tradition!

tradition means teaching!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not by works(tradition/religion) lest any man should boast.

Biggest visual religious boasting in the world is RCC.

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with the “Bible alone”!

You can easily see why the false doctrine of the “Bible alone” causes so many problems and why we can simply ignor creeds, councils, dogma, and decrees of the holy apostles teaching infallibility with the authority of Christ!

The false doctrine of “the Bible Alone” is an attack on Christ and His holy church!
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
To reject the church or church teaching is to reject Christ!

An attack on the holy church and her divine authority!

Even Christ who is the truth itself is excluded!

Scratch these verses that refer to authority other than the “Bible Alone” our of your Bible!

Isa 22:21-22 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 1:32 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 Jn 21:17 Acts 1:17 acts 1:26 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 20:28 eph 2:20 and too many more to mention!
We can use creeds and confessions, but ONLY the scriptures are inspired, and have the final authority for all doctrines and practices!

Reactions: David in NJ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sola scriptura, baby!!!

without the divine and apostolic tradition there can be no scripture

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism!

Matt 18:17 must hear the church!

1 Tim 3:15 the church is the pillar & ground of truth!

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (all not 66 books)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not by works(tradition/religion) lest any man should boast.

Biggest visual religious boasting in the world is RCC.

Luke 9:23
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can use creeds and confessions, but ONLY the scriptures are inspired, and have the final authority for all doctrines and practices!

And by divine tradition!

the church of the apostles founded by Christ on Peter received all of the faith, all truths revealed by God personally taught by Christ to his apostles!

the rule of faith is the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

must hear the church Matt 18:17 the church is the pillar of truth 1 Tim 3:15 cos Christ and his apostolic church are one!
Matt 5:14
Jn 15:5
Acts 9:4
eph 5:32

truth must be revealed by Christ Jude 1:3 and taught by his apostolic church Matt 28:19

the church does not require scripture to know truth cos the church received the “deposit of faith” Jude 1:3 from Christ in person and the church of the apostles by apostolic authority and inspired human authority wrote the scriptures.

Scripture is the possession of the church!

Given her by Christ
To safeguard against all error!
To faithfully teach all nations!
Matt 28:19

And by divine tradition!

the church of the apostles founded by Christ on Peter received all of the faith, all truths revealed by God personally taught by Christ to his apostles!

must hear the church Matt 18:17 the church is the pillar of truth 1 Tim 3:15 cos Christ and his apostolic church are one!

truth must be revealed by Christ Jude 1:3 and taught by his apostolic church Matt 28:19

the church does not require scripture to know truth cos the church received the “deposit of faith” Jude 1:3 from Christ in person and the church of the apostles by apostolic authority and inspired human authority wrote the scriptures.

Scripture was written by the church!

The church by apostolic tradition & authority declare what is & what is not scripture!

Given her by Christ! Jude 1:3

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Lord Jesus Christ is the final authority. And while we know that He inspired all Scripture to be written, that does not mean that He does not inspire people today!!!!!!!!!

That is just very poor logic to assume that "ONLY the scriptures are inspired"!!!

Not only is that poor logic it is the opposite of what the Scriptures tells us - or have we not even read about how we need to listen to the Lord?

He inspires you, if you listen to Him!!! So how can anyone who truly knows the Lord think that "ONLY" the scriptures are inspired. Are they not inspired by hearing the Lord. His sheep do hear His voice!! The Lord is inspiring!!

Reactions: ScottA and Jim B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord Jesus Christ is the final authority. And while we know that He inspired all Scripture to be written, that does not mean that He does not inspire people today!!!!!!!!!

That is just very poor logic to assume that "ONLY the scriptures are inspired"!!!

Not only is that poor logic it is the opposite of what the Scriptures tells us - or have we not even read about how we need to listen to the Lord?

He inspires you, if you listen to Him!!! So how can anyone who truly knows the Lord think that "ONLY" the scriptures are inspired. Are they not inspired by hearing the Lord. His sheep do hear His voice!! The Lord is inspiring!!

Jn 20:21-23

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Holy Spirit will only 'inspire' us to believe on what is written in the Word of God.

There is no other H.S. inspirational writing above and beyond the written and completed Word of God = Sola Scriptura

We do continue to write and speak under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit today but only that which conforms to Scripture is Holy and True.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit will only 'inspire' us to believe on what is written in the Word of God.

There is no other H.S. inspirational writing above and beyond the written and completed Word of God = Sola Scriptura

We do continue to write and speak under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit today but only that which conforms to Scripture is Holy and True.
That is how GOD kept me safe . He put me into the holy scrips and as i learned , i grew wise in discernemnt .
Its why i wont step one foot into the CC .
Thee faith has not yet figured this out .
That anyone can stand up and claim to be the ONE TRUE CHRUCH . THEY can even claim
they follow and adhere to all things JESUS taught and the apostels .
But you know how i knew the CC was lying . Cause by grace I read those scrips all the time .
AND I SAW massive heresays within the CC . And not just the CC . But the mormon and others .
STAY IN THAT BIBLE MY FRIEND . STAY IN IT and FOLLOW CHRIST . WE got way too many who have been
decieved , and know it not . STAND FIRM on the glorious TRUTH in that bible . And flee the CC or any other
that preaches contrary to sound doctrine , EVEN IF THEY CLAIM THEY DONT and yet THEY DO .
Test all men . TEST them all .

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
without the divine and apostolic tradition there can be no scripture

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism!

Matt 18:17 must hear the church!

1 Tim 3:15 the church is the pillar & ground of truth!

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (all not 66 books)
The true Church of Christ is NOT Rome, but it is the total of all of the redeemed in the Body of Christ!

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And by divine tradition!

Given her by Christ

And by divine tradition!

Scripture was written by the church!

The church by apostolic tradition & authority declare what is & what is not scripture!

Given her by Christ! Jude 1:3
Apostles were NOT Roman catholics. as they gave to us the NT canon!