Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody comes to the Father but thru the Son and nobody comes to the Son unless the Father draws them.
His Election by GRACE.

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. John 6:37

If you truly want to be saved you must submit to God alone. If you bring any religion with you God will reject you.
Read the Gospel of John - What you read, pray to the Lord Jesus Christ.
If you believe what the Word of God says, you will be saved.
If you seek to add to His Word or take away from His Word, you will be rejected.

There is only One Sabbath REST that all must enter in thru to God.

JESUS says "I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture."

Read the Gospel of John and throw off the filthy rags of religion and if you do ( God knows your heart) He will save you.
God rested from his work on the seventh day and is still resting, as we will be when we meet Him face to face. We still have that to look forward to.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God rested from his work on the seventh day and is still resting, as we will be when we meet Him face to face. We still have that to look forward to.

Christ is the Seventh Day - He is The Sabbath REST - He fulfilled all aspects of the Law because we are unable to.
If you have complete rest in Jesus then He becomes your Sabbath REST.

His works have been finished since the foundation of the world. For somewhere He has spoken about the seventh day in this manner: “And on the seventh day God rested from all His works.” And again, as He says in the passage above: “They shall never enter My rest.”

Since, then, it remains for some to enter His rest, and since those who formerly heard the good news did not enter because of their disobedience, God again designated a certain day as “Today,” when a long time later He spoke through David as was just stated: “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.”

For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. There remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For whoever enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following the same pattern of disobedience.

I am FULLY RESTED in the Finished Work of God
= Christ's Death and Resurrection and Seated at the Right Hand of the Father, where i have been raised up to in Christ. - I'm RESTED - No Religion Needed.
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus - Ephesians 2:7

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christ is the Seventh Day - He is The Sabbath REST - He fulfilled all aspects of the Law because we are unable to.
If you have complete rest in Jesus then He becomes your Sabbath REST.

His works have been finished since the foundation of the world. For somewhere He has spoken about the seventh day in this manner: “And on the seventh day God rested from all His works.” And again, as He says in the passage above: “They shall never enter My rest.”

Since, then, it remains for some to enter His rest, and since those who formerly heard the good news did not enter because of their disobedience, God again designated a certain day as “Today,” when a long time later He spoke through David as was just stated: “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.”

For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. There remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For whoever enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following the same pattern of disobedience.

I am FULLY RESTED in the Finished Work of God
= Christ's Death and Resurrection and Seated at the Right Hand of the Father, where i have been raised up to in Christ. - I'm RESTED - No Religion Needed.
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus - Ephesians 2:7
Yes, our rest in Christ is indeed eternal, unlike the one day of the week.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word is in the scriptures ,but to my point, man's traditions definitely can't !

Yes, i know the Bible is the Scriptures. i meant it as a book can't save us but what is written inside, the Scriptures, which is the Word, He saves us.
AGREE, traditon/religion/man's works cannot save us.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody comes to the Father but thru the Son and nobody comes to the Son unless the Father draws them.
His Election by GRACE.

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. John 6:37

If you truly want to be saved you must submit to God alone. If you bring any religion with you God will reject you.
Read the Gospel of John - What you read, pray to the Lord Jesus Christ.
If you believe what the Word of God says, you will be saved.
If you seek to add to His Word or take away from His Word, you will be rejected.

There is only One Sabbath REST that all must enter in thru to God.

JESUS says "I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture."

Read the Gospel of John and throw off the filthy rags of religion and if you do ( God knows your heart) He will save you.

what about required doctrine and baptism? As in acts 8:36-38

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Christ found a church?
Did Christ start a religion?

No, Jesus did not found a church - HE found me, the lost sheep of Israel and those to whom the Father draws.

No - Jesus did not start a religion - You are in the religion started by men in opposition to God, who are dressed as Sheep - false apostles.

No - The Apostles Peter did NOT start the RCC - this is crystal clear in the book of Acts and in the writings of Peter, Paul and John.

Sola Scriptura, where idols are crushed to dust, where religion dies, where men come ALIVE
and where God is Glorified.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus did not found a church - HE found me, the lost sheep of Israel and those to whom the Father draws.

No - Jesus did not start a religion - You are in the religion started by men in opposition to God, who are dressed as Sheep - false apostles.

No - The Apostles Peter did NOT start the RCC - this is crystal clear in the book of Acts and in the writings of Peter, Paul and John.

Sola Scriptura, where idols are crushed to dust, where religion dies, where men come ALIVE
and where God is Glorified.

I never said Peter started a church, I said as scripture Christ founded his church on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20

ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ

rejection of scripture is rejection of Christ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said Peter started a church, I said as scripture Christ founded his church on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20

ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ

rejection of scripture is rejection of Christ

Finally you have some direction. Now turn away from the arrogance and ignorance of religion.

How can the Eternal King Jesus, the Messiah and Savior of the World build His Church upon a sinful man named Peter?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Finally you have some direction. Now turn away from the arrogance and ignorance of religion.

How can the Eternal King Jesus, the Messiah and Savior of the World build His Church upon a sinful man named Peter?
I always think when I read this passage, that Jesus pointed to himself when he said, "upon this rock I will build my church."

1 Corinthians 10:4

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always think when I read this passage, that Jesus pointed to himself when he said, "upon this rock I will build my church."

YES, Jesus was confirming the proclamation of Truth that the Holy Spirit spoke out of the mouth of Peter.
Can you PROVE this statement True? Hint: i can, and if i can, so can you (scripture).

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Cooper

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ask Christ he said it
So does scripture
Eph 2:20

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask Christ he said it
So does scripture
Eph 2:20

Glad you said that because it reminds me of when i did ask my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ this question.
After all, i was raised since birth to be a strong Catholic in the faith. What better way then to stand upon truth then to trust Peter as the rock.

So i prayed and asked God to show me His Truth and the Lord directed one of His disciples to bestow upon me a Bible.
Knowing that God cannot lie, i was in Good Hands as my eyes scanned His Plan.
Lo and behold i came to Simon Peter in the Gospel of Matthew where he boldly proclaimed, "Your are the Christ, the Son of the Living God."
Jesus expressed, in great joy, that you are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my Church.....

So the answer from God we must seek in His Word to see if Peter is the Rock that Christ said He will build His Church upon.
Out of all the Apostles who would know this answer the best? i know, let's ask Peter himself.

Acts 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers of the people and elders of Israel,
let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.
This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’
Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

1 Peter 2: 4-8 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, “Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”
Now to you who believe, this Stone is precious. But to those who do not believe, “The Stone the builders rejected has become the Chief Cornerstone,”

Well there it is - right from the mouth of the Apostle Peter - The Lord Jesus Christ is the Chief Cornerstone - the ROCK upon which God's House has been built upon.