Bible As Truth Vs. Intellectualism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah, she just used a multitude of other people's money.
Six of one half a dozen of the other.

And that research lead to more efficient methods to grow rice which resulted in a 70% increase of rice production worldwide.
You can't vaccinate people without finding a cure first, can you?
blink.gif
Are you really arguing against research? Please....

Yes. They invest their endowment in the market (let's say, they invest in WalMart). They make more money to give away, but WalMart is polluting the air.

It's really a lose-lose, put yourself in their situation.

Let's say you have money sitting in an account. Either you could hold onto it, and it lose money (inflation at work). Or you could invest it, and make money- but by doing so you indirectly fund pollution, etc.
The first way, your money helps people: but not as much as it could.
The second way, your money goes even farther to help even more people, but... It might cause pollution.

Which do you do? Again, it's lose-lose. Try to get more money to help people with and fund pollution, or knowingly help less people and not fund pollution.

I'm not claiming Bill Gates is a Christian. The argument isn't about Bill Gates. I was simply addressing your ignorant claim that he hasn't done anything.

You have ignored everything I presented about MT though.
Once more, does accepting money used in schemes of fraud and refusing to give it back to the people he stole it from: bear the mark of the Holy Spirit?
Does accepting money from an evil voodoo dictator trying to buy his way into heaven, bear the mark of the Holy Spirit?
Does opening more convents in HER name and not improving medical services, bear the mark of the Holy Spirit?

Or does this all bear the mark of a self-glorifying woman who was trying to make herself a good worldly image?

People are sinful - good thing we have a savior! Being a critic is the easiest job in the world, Texus. I've noticed that you have started less than 5 threads out of over 400?

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I did not ignore it. Most of that information came from Hitchen's book. Hitchens is an atheist who hates all Christians and all religions. In his book, he claimed that Mother Teresa stole money, but he never produced any evidence of it. If he really had concrete evidence that Mother Teresa committed a crime, he would have reported it to the police. Instead, he wrote a book about it and got rich from it.
Whine and cry all you want but the three questions I asked you dealt with cases in public light and press. I can get you links to them if you'd like them.

Once more, does accepting money used in schemes of fraud and refusing to give it back to the people he stole it from: bear the mark of the Holy Spirit?
Does accepting money from an evil voodoo dictator trying to buy his way into heaven, bear the mark of the Holy Spirit?
Does opening more convents in HER name and not improving medical services, bear the mark of the Holy Spirit?

People are sinful - good thing we have a savior! Being a critic is the easiest job in the world, Texus. I've noticed that you have started less than 5 threads out of over 400?
Yes, but you've got to BELIEVE in Him in order to be saved. Works won't cut it.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but you've got to BELIEVE in Him in order to be saved. Works won't cut it.

1. BELIEVING goes beyond cognition
2. Humans do not have enough evidence to discount MT's belief in God
3. I will err on the side of God's mercy - you will err on the side of God's wrath.
4. Even if Mother Teresa was a perfect business women and professed a doubt free faith and shared Jesus in a 4 spiritual law fashion to everyone she cared for - you would still doubt her faith because she is catholic - so way are you even bothering to argue?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

Whine and cry all you want but the three questions I asked you dealt with cases in public light and press. I can get you links to them if you'd like them.

You have already judged Mother Teresa for doing those things; yet, you show no evidence that she actually did them. You are only doing what Christopher Hitchens did. He made allegations but showed no evidence. Mother Teresa bore the mark of the Holy Spirit. With all the media following her, the only allegations that came out were from atheist Christopher Hitchens and anti-Catholics.

It is bad enough that under this same thread, you took a anti-Catholic news article that took the Pope's speech out of context and did not bother to read his entire speech, which is found in the Vatican website.