Bible As Truth Vs. Intellectualism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the interviews, her books, and her statements, it certainly appears she doesn't believe the work of Christ.

Great non-answer. So which is it? If MT believes in universalism why would she care about converting people to Catholicism? If she was converting people to Catholicism how could she believe in universalism?

My point was that "good people that do good things" describes many religions which don't do so because of Christ. MT is no different... I don't care what works she does, if she doesn't profess Christ, it doesn't matter. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Well, it is your choice to pass judgment on a women who spent her life loving. I choose to learn from her example and love radically.

It's not what I want to hear that matters, it's what God hears. He'll see her as a sinner deserving of death unless Christ intercedes for her, and as Christ himself said and I quoted above, works don't matter.

Wow - you have called me arrogant and you are speaking for God.......yikes

God knows her heart - you do not.

She certainly had faith in something but it's painfully clear the faith Paul was talking about is faith in CHRIST.

She wasn't a women who allowed her understanding of doctrine to limit her love, that is for sure. You are like the person judging the widow for only giving a penny as an offering. MT gave what she was capable of giving.

Read the context. Instead of looking at it out of context, read the context. "Do unto others" is the theme of this part of his sermon.

Luke 6:35 - "But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. 36 Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. 37 Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; 38 give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put linto your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.

So, your interpretation of verse thirty seven, in context, is that Jesus was just giving a general teaching about how to treat people - He wasn't really talking about judging......

So let's apply that thinking to the rest of the "general examples" of how to treat people and see how it reads....

But treat your enemies like you would like to be treated and treat others like you would like to be treated expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he treats others like He likes to be treated and is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. 36 treat others like you would like to be treated as your Father treats others as He likes to be treated. 37 Treat others like you would like to be treated and you will be treated like you like to be treated; treat others like you would like to be treated, and you will be treated like you like to be treated; treat others like you would like to be treated and you will be treated like you like to be treated.
[font="arial][size="3"] [/size][/font]
I am sure you can see the many problems your general interpretation of this verse causes.

1. God doesn't treat others as He would like to be treated
2. What about love, proper lending practices, mercy, not condemning, and forgiveness?
3. It's a bit redundant, yes?

Something tells me Jesus was being specific ;)

By the way, I appreciate your pointing out this verse (despite your anemic interpretation) because it really illustrates nicely how God will treat the unredeemed:
[font="arial][size="3"] [/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="3"]Luke 6:35 - "But clove your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and dyou will be sons of ethe Most High, for fhe is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. [/size][/font]

[font="arial][size="3"] [/size][/font]Revelation 2:2, "I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false"

Commended for questioning the claims of people.

Who is he judging?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
I really wish you would listen to yourself, Anastacia

1. Your answer to my question about how do you know what MT believes is "I know because I know"

2. Your answer to my claim that you are making the mistake of claiming that every Catholic believes the same thing is "Catholics are wrong"

3. I asked for prayer and you reject my request for your own agenda.

In the previous post, you claim the MT's errors in theology are due to catholic doctrine taught to her - she is a nun and therefore must only know Catholic doctrine. I said - why do you think MT has an authority as a theologian - in essence, why is MT held to a higher standard for her understanding of theology than any other Catholic - your response: "To be saved by the Lord Jesus Christ......NO ONE has to be an authority on theology, nor an authority of anything!"

None of your responses even make sense. It is as if you were answering your own questions - questions in your head.

It's like me saying: "Jesus came to teach us how to love more fully"
You respond: "That is a lie! Show me some scripture"
I respond: "Jesus is God"

You are so wrapped up in your hatred for Catholicism that you cannot even engage in a basic, reason based conversation. I am sure you will feel insulted by my post - it seems to be your only defense against the reality of your illogical posts. All I want is to have a conversation with you, but it is like wanting to pet a wolverine - you bite erratically.

You don't understand because you don't have eyes that see and ears that hear.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Great non-answer. So which is it? If MT believes in universalism why would she care about converting people to Catholicism? If she was converting people to Catholicism how could she believe in universalism?
Same reason a Mennonite church wants you to attend THEIR church verses someone else's.

Wow - you have called me arrogant and you are speaking for God.......yikes
What part of my statement is unbiblical?
"It's not what I want to hear that matters, it's what God hears. He'll see her as a sinner deserving of death unless Christ intercedes for her, and as Christ himself said and I quoted above, works don't matter."

God knows her heart - you do not.
She also knows her own heart and can express it.

She wasn't a women who allowed her understanding of doctrine to limit her love, that is for sure. You are like the person judging the widow for only giving a penny as an offering. MT gave what she was capable of giving.
You are trying to justify and excuse her for not believing in the work of Christ. I'm sorry but there's no excuses for it. You can whine and complain about her "lack of doctrine" all you want. It's a RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST that is what matters. It doesn't take doctrine to have it. Yet she denies it.

How do you look at scripture and come away with "works save"? And if you don't, how do you justify her being an exception to God's rule?

Revelation 2:2, "I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false"
Commended for questioning the claims of people.

Who is he judging?

I guess we should define judgement then.
The Greek word used in Luke is krino, which means to "distinguish", or "decide". Thayer defines it as "to pick out by separating". I think what's implied is "right" from "wrong". "Good" from "bad". "True" from "false".
The Greek word used in Revelation here is peirazo which is to "test", "endeavor", "scrutinize", "entice", "discipline".

I guess the question is- what's the difference between "decide" and "scrutinize"??? What's the purpose of scruitinization unless it leads to a decision? So it seems like you peirazo in order to krino.

This seems to me a key difference to note. The church does (and John commends them) look at the legitimacy of people's claims and determine weather or not they are true or false- this is Revelation. However the distinguishing of good verses evil, or it seems: the condemnation, is left to God- this is Luke.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

From the interviews, her books, and her statements, it certainly appears she doesn't believe the work of Christ.

She was doing Christ's work. A lot of people can say and write a lot of things in their diary, but their actions speaks more. If she truely believe that God no longer exists, then she would stop helping the poor. Why? Because she did what she did for God, not for herself. The fact that she continued to do what she was doing speaks more than what she wrote. Like I said, at the cross, even Jesus said, "My God, my God, why hast thou abandoned me." So, at the cross, Jesus said that God abandoned Him. During the last years of her life, Mother Teresa also heard the silence and wondered why God left her.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
If that were true, that'd explain one of the quotes, none of the universalism or denial of Christ's work.

Maybe she was doing what she was doing just in case she was wrong? Many believe some being might exist, but isn't interested in their lives (Agnostics), and so they still feel they should do good works just to be "safe".

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
If that were true, that'd explain one of the quotes, none of the universalism or denial of Christ's work.

Maybe she was doing what she was doing just in case she was wrong? Many believe some being might exist, but isn't interested in their lives (Agnostics), and so they still feel they should do good works just to be "safe".

What person would take a vow of poverty, live among the poor as one of them, and dedicate their lives serving them knowing that in the end none of it would matter because poverty will always exist? To take a vow of poverty means not to own anything. Like I said, even Christ at the cross said that God abandoned Him.

What Mother Teresa did are not "human good works." Those works are the signs of the Holy Spirit in her. Human good works is when Bill Gates donated millions of dollars to build a hospital for the children of South Africa. The work of God is when a person who owns absolutely NOTHING ends up building hundreds of orphanages, hospices, and shelters around the world to help the poor, the orphans, and the sick. That is the difference between "human good works" and the Holy Spirit working in a person.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same reason a Mennonite church wants you to attend THEIR church verses someone else's.

First, Mennonites could careless if you attended their church and second, why would MT care if the people she was helping joined the Catholic Church if she believed they were going to Heaven anyway? Especially in India - like there is a Catholic Church on every corner that the Pope wants to keep filled......you cannot have it both ways. Tex

What part of my statement is unbiblical?
"It's not what I want to hear that matters, it's what God hears. He'll see her as a sinner deserving of death unless Christ intercedes for her, and as Christ himself said and I quoted above, works don't matter."

Ok, I didn't see that your statement was hypothetical, I apologize. What I should have said true. And then, God will judge her heart, not her diary or news releases.

She also knows her own heart and can express it.

Prove it.

You are trying to justify and excuse her for not believing in the work of Christ. I'm sorry but there's no excuses for it. You can whine and complain about her "lack of doctrine" all you want. It's a RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST that is what matters. It doesn't take doctrine to have it. Yet she denies it.

No whining or complaining is necessary - you are overreaching. You are judging a person without knowing her and based on a few statements - it is absurd. God knows her heart and is in the only position to judge her.

How do you look at scripture and come away with "works save"? And if you don't, how do you justify her being an exception to God's rule?

I am not saying work saves - it is not as simple as you want to make it sound - you cannot separate works and faith. You are the person claiming that the only thing the MT has to offer is her works. I am saying that you are not considering her heart and the work Christ has completed in her - whether she can articulate it or not.
I guess we should define judgement then.
The Greek word used in Luke is krino, which means to "distinguish", or "decide". Thayer defines it as "to pick out by separating". I think what's implied is "right" from "wrong". "Good" from "bad". "True" from "false".
The Greek word used in Revelation here is peirazo which is to "test", "endeavor", "scrutinize", "entice", "discipline".

I guess the question is- what's the difference between "decide" and "scrutinize"??? What's the purpose of scruitinization unless it leads to a decision? So it seems like you peirazo in order to krino.

This seems to me a key difference to note. The church does (and John commends them) look at the legitimacy of people's claims and determine weather or not they are true or false- this is Revelation. However the distinguishing of good verses evil, or it seems: the condemnation, is left to God- this is Luke.

None of this clears up your generalized interpretation of Luke 6:37. Christ's message is to not judge and you are going to have to deal with it

You don't understand because you don't have eyes that see and ears that hear.

Then why do you bother trying to convince me with you illogical statements that only make sense to Christians?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
She was doing Christ's work. A lot of people can say and write a lot of things in their diary, but their actions speaks more. If she truely believe that God no longer exists, then she would stop helping the poor. Why? Because she did what she did for God, not for herself. The fact that she continued to do what she was doing speaks more than what she wrote. Like I said, at the cross, even Jesus said, "My God, my God, why hast thou abandoned me." So, at the cross, Jesus said that God abandoned Him. During the last years of her life, Mother Teresa also heard the silence and wondered why God left her.

Why do you keep saying that about Jesus at the cross? When a person becomes a Christian, and after they receive the Holy Spirit.....God and Jesus aren't going to leave them! Jesus went through being separated from his Father for us. Mother Teresa doesn't have to go through that for us, or for anyone.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Great point sister!

Even Jesus had moments of doubt. Both in the Garden before His crucification and on the Cross - yet He persevered. With His strength we can follow His example on Earth and in MT's heart, despite doubt.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
My replies to aspen in green.

Here we go with aspen's lists again.

1. Your answer to my question about how do you know what MT believes is "I know because I know"
You lie here. You say you quote me saying something I never said. I will tell you again how I know what Mother Teresa says---because it's in her diaries. And because she is a Catholic, and I know what Catholics teach.

2. Your answer to my claim that you are making the mistake of claiming that every Catholic believes the same thing is "Catholics are wrong"
You say you are a Catholic. What part of Catholic are you denying? You already have claimed more than once that the pope is Apostolic Succession, and that the Bible isn't enough. That is enough to know you are a Catholic with false beliefs that go against the Word of God.

I asked you to explain what you wanted me to pray for you about. How is Jesus going to santify you when you deny His Truth? My prayer was for you to know the Truth. Knowing the Truth and obeying is how you will get sanctified! No amount of prayers for your santification would work without you listening and obeying the Truth.

In the previous post, you claim the MT's errors in theology are due to catholic doctrine taught to her - she is a nun and therefore must only know Catholic doctrine. I said - why do you think MT has an authority as a theologian - in essence, why is MT held to a higher standard for her understanding of theology than any other Catholic - your response: "To be saved by the Lord Jesus Christ......NO ONE has to be an authority on theology, nor an authority of anything!"

What's so hard for you to understand that if Mother Teresa had the Truth....then it wouldn't matter about having authority in theology or not.

None of your responses even make sense. It is as if you were answering your own questions - questions in your head.

You have a problem understanding God's Word. I am speaking of God's Word. So of course if you reject what the Bible says, you will reject what I say. I'm just saying what the Bible says.

What you said makes no sense. You're trying so hard to be rude and insulting.

You are so wrapped up in your hatred for Catholicism that you cannot even engage in a basic, reason based conversation. I am sure you will feel insulted by my post - it seems to be your only defense against the reality of your illogical posts. All I want is to have a conversation with you, but it is like wanting to pet a wolverine - you bite erratically.

When I speak to you it is out of love and from truth. What you say to me is out of hatred and pride.

Great point sister!

Even Jesus had moments of doubt. Both in the Garden before His crucification and on the Cross - yet He persevered. With His strength we can follow His example on Earth and in MT's heart, despite doubt.

What you say about Jesus is offensive....to say the least. Jesus never doubted the Father! You need to be careful.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My replies to aspen in green.

Here we go with aspen's lists again.

Is this your example of speaking to me in love?

You lie here. You say you quote me saying something I never said. I will tell you again how I know what Mother Teresa says---because it's in her diaries. And because she is a Catholic, and I know what Catholics teach.

eessh.....You are claiming that I am lying by stating "Your answer to my question about how do you know what MT believes is "I know because I know", then you continue to claim that "I know because I know (Catholicism)". You are using your own knowledge as an authority to understand MT's heart.

You say you are a Catholic. What part of Catholic are you denying? You already have claimed more than once that the pope is Apostolic Succession, and that the Bible isn't enough. That is enough to know you are a Catholic with false beliefs that go against the Word of God.

You still are not answering my claim. I am a Catholic - what does that have to do with anything? I have never made the statement "the Bible isn't enough". Your opinion about my beliefs mean nothing.

I asked you to explain what you wanted me to pray for you about. How is Jesus going to santify you when you deny His Truth? My prayer was for you to know the Truth. Knowing the Truth and obeying is how you will get sanctified! No amount of prayers for your santification would work without you listening and obeying the Truth.

[font="tahoma][color="#8B0000"]I made a specific request - no explanation is necessary. I never asked you to pray your beliefs for me - I asked for prayer.[/color][/font]

What's so hard for you to understand that if Mother Teresa had the Truth....then it wouldn't matter how about having authority in theology or not.

"What's so hard" means "Are you so stupid, you cannot understand the obvious?" - is this the love you are speaking about? You do not have enough evidence to decide if MT has the Truth or not.

You have a problem understanding God's Word. I am speaking of God's Word. So of course if you reject what the Bible says, you will reject what I say. I'm just saying what the Bible says.
[font="tahoma][color="#006400"]
[/color][/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#8B0000"]I have a problem with your interpretation of God's Word. I am used to hearing God's Word - not your interpretation. Your word is not the same as scripture - you are interpreting it in a very limited and concrete manner. You haven't even used 1 verse in this whole post....[/color]
[/font]

What you said makes no sense. You're trying so hard to be rude and insulting.
[/color][/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#8B0000"]Nothing rude about pointing out your logic. I am sorry your do not recognize it. I am glad you do see that it makes no sense because it is the same thing I see when I read one of my posts and then read your response that has nothing to do with what I posted.[/color]
[/font]

When I speak to you it is out of love and from truth. What you say to me is out of hatred and pride.

[font="tahoma][color="#8B0000"]This statement speaks volumes.....[/color][/font]

So it doesn't matter what you say or the words you use or the scoffing and mocking or the hatred - you are speaking to me in love. And it doesn't matter how often I ignore your rudeness or point out your rudeness and ask you to stop or how many other people who share your beliefs think your comments are rude - I am the person who is speaking out of pride and hatred? How can you make a statement like this when the majority of people on this board think your comments are rude? It is not just me Anastacia.
[font="tahoma][color="#8B0000"]
[/color][/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#8B0000"]
[/color][/font]

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Great point sister!

Yes, although Jesus was God, he was also 100% human. He even prayed to God to get this cup away from Him (meaning not to let Him endure the death He was to endure). At the cross, He cried out, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" However, he persevered. In the same way, Mother Teresa had her moments of doubts, but she continued on and persevered. Her experience is the same as St. John of the Cross.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Why do you keep saying that about Jesus at the cross? When a person becomes a Christian, and after they receive the Holy Spirit.....God and Jesus aren't going to leave them! Jesus went through being separated from his Father for us. Mother Teresa doesn't have to go through that for us, or for anyone.

At the cross, Jesus DID say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me." (See Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34). Are you saying that Jesus did not say those words at the cross?

Jesus was never separated from the Father at all. He had always been one with the Father (See John 14:11 and John 17:22). Are you saying that Jesus was not telling the truth when He stated that He and the Father are one?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
[font="tahoma][color="#006400"]My replies to aspen in green.

My latest replies to aspen in pink.
You just have no control in what you say. It's like you can't stop.

Here we go with aspen's lists again. [/font][/color]
[/color][/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#8b0000"]Is this your example of speaking to me in love?

No, you comparing me to a wolverine is the example of speaking in love.

[/color]

You lie here. You say you quote me saying something I never said. I will tell you again how I know what Mother Teresa says---because it's in her diaries. And because she is a Catholic, and I know what Catholics teach. [/font]
[/color][/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#8b0000"]eessh.....You are claiming that I am lying by stating "Your answer to my question about how do you know what MT believes is "I know because I know", then you continue to claim that "I know because I know (Catholicism)". You are using your own knowledge as an authority to understand MT's heart.

It's obvious you have a problem with truth. You can't see it but, I'm telling you like three times now that I read about what Mother Teresa believes from what she said in her diary. Also, I do know what Catholics believe, and she was a Catholic nun....in the process now of the Catholics false practice of "canonization of the Saints." Mother Teresa is going through the Catholic's process of "beautification."

[/color]
You say you are a Catholic. What part of Catholic are you denying? You already have claimed more than once that the pope is Apostolic Succession, and that the Bible isn't enough. That is enough to know you are a Catholic with false beliefs that go against the Word of God.[/font]
[/color][/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#8b0000"]You still are not answering my claim. I am a Catholic - what does that have to do with anything? I have never made the statement "the Bible isn't enough". Your opinion about my beliefs mean nothing.
So you are giving up the false beliefs of the Catholic church? You are making up your own Catholic religion? So you don't believe the pope is from "Apostolic Succession"? You don't believe the pope and oral Tradition? You did not say nor imply that the pope is needed to explain and give doctrine that isn't necessarily mentioned plainly in the Bible?
Many of us read how you defend the false Catholic teachings in the other thread.

[/color]

[/font]
I made a specific request - no explanation is necessary. I never asked you to pray your beliefs for me - I asked for prayer.
Oh I am praying for you. I really do.

[font="tahoma]In the previous post, you claim the MT's errors in theology are due to catholic doctrine taught to her - she is a nun and therefore must only know Catholic doctrine. I said - why do you think MT has an authority as a theologian - in essence, why is MT held to a higher standard for her understanding of theology than any other Catholic - your response: "To be saved by the Lord Jesus Christ......NO ONE has to be an authority on theology, nor an authority of anything!"

[color="#006400"]What's so hard for you to understand that if Mother Teresa had the Truth....then it wouldn't matter how about having authority in theology or not.
[/font][/color]
[/color][/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#8b0000"]"What's so hard" means "Are you so stupid, you cannot understand the obvious?" - is this the love you are speaking about? You do not have enough evidence to decide if MT has the Truth or not.
[/color]Yes there is enough evidence to know if Mother Teresa knew Jesus or not. Her own words tells us.
[/font]

[font="tahoma]None of your responses even make sense. It is as if you were answering your own questions - questions in your head.

[/font][/color][color="#006400"][font="tahoma]You have a problem understanding God's Word. I am speaking of God's Word. So of course if you reject what the Bible says, you will reject what I say. I'm just saying what the Bible says.[/font][/color]
[/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#8b0000"]I have a problem with your interpretation of God's Word. I am used to hearing God's Word - not your interpretation. Your word is not the same as scripture - you are interpreting it in a very limited and concrete manner. You haven't even used 1 verse in this whole post....[/color]
[/font]
Stop trying so hard to insult me.

[font="tahoma]It's like me saying: "Jesus came to teach us how to love more fully"[/font][/color]
[color="#000080"][font="tahoma]You respond: "That is a lie! Show me some scripture"[/font][/color]
[color="#000080"][font="tahoma]I respond: "Jesus is God"

[/font][/color][color="#006400"][font="tahoma]What you said makes no sense. You're trying so hard to be rude and insulting. [/font][/color]
[/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#8b0000"]Nothing rude about pointing out your logic. I am sorry your do not recognize it. I am glad you do see that it makes no sense because it is the same thing I see when I read one of my posts and then read your response that has nothing to do with what I posted.[/color]
[/font]I understand, you want to attack me and trample me because you think I'm trying to take something valuable from you. You don't see what I'm trying to help you get.

[font="tahoma]You are so wrapped up in your hatred for Catholicism that you cannot even engage in a basic, reason based conversation. I am sure you will feel insulted by my post - it seems to be your only defense against the reality of your illogical posts. All I want is to have a conversation with you, but it is like wanting to pet a wolverine - you bite erratically.

[/font][/color][color="#006400"][font="tahoma]When I speak to you it is out of love and from truth. What you say to me is out of hatred and pride.[/font][/color]
[color="#8b0000"][font="tahoma]
[/font][/color]
[font="tahoma][color="#8b0000"]This statement speaks volumes.....
[/font]
[font="tahoma]
[/font][/color]
[color="#006400"][font="tahoma][/font][/color][color="#8b0000"][font="tahoma]So it doesn't matter what you say or the words you use or the scoffing and mocking or the hatred - you are speaking to me in love. And it doesn't matter how often I ignore your rudeness or point out your rudeness and ask you to stop or how many other people who share your beliefs think your comments are rude - I am the person who is speaking out of pride and hatred? How can you make a statement like this when the majority of people on this board think your comments are rude? It is not just me Anastacia.[/font][/color]
[font="tahoma][color="#8b0000"]
[/font]If they are Christians like you say....then they wouldn't think the worst of me. If they are Chrisitans and have judged me falsely...then they need to repent. I have done nothing wrong in my discussions to anyone here. If they get offended by something, it's because they don't like hearing the Truth. I answer to God. If they are Christians like you say, they shouldn't even judge me, nor slander me like you say they have. They aren't obeyiing Jesus when they do that. If I was trying to please men then I wouldn't be a servant of the Lord.
[font="tahoma][color="#8b0000"]
[font="tahoma][color="#8b0000"][/color][/font]
[/color][/font]Galatians 1:10-12 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice to see you get a free pass again, Anastacia

Apparently you believe you can be as rude as you want to be and because you believe you are speaking the truth it justifies everything. You really need to take a lesson from Rach - she knows how to speak the truth in love. She does not insult or speak rudely and she does not claim people are attacking her when they disagree.

You have a lot to learn, Anastacia - I hope you are as young as you sound so that you have a lot of years to learn how to speak in love - I really do.

God bless

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Aspen, I reported your last post to me. I am not the topic. You only posted to personally attack me. Since you like Rach so much, maybe you will listen to her if she tells you the Catholic religion is false. You are not going to stop me from being bold and speaking the truth.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guys and gals, tone the language down please. I understand passions, but the tit for tat insults are getting old. Do consider this the last warning.

This topic started out well, so let's get back to the subject at hand.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Guys and gals, tone the language down please. I understand passions, but the tit for tat insults are getting old. Do consider this the last warning.

This topic started out well, so let's get back to the subject at hand.

With all due respect, Hammerstone.....I'm defending myself and not tit for tatting. I see you didn't delete aspen's last post to me after I requested. I wouldn't have to defend myself and get accused of tit for tating if the rules were enforced better. Being a righteous judge (moderator) isn't about calling us all the same. If this post I write gets me banned from this site, then so be it.

Reactions: TexUs and Anastacia