Bible Scripture Studies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

Disclaimer - I can always be wrong on anything you may read.

Yesterday, decided to look up some of the scriptures that deal with the Spirit of Christ, which has been talked about all the way back start in the book of Isaiah in the Old Testament, and even in Ephesians which was a letter Paul wrote to those people there in Ephesus.

The Spirit of Christ is said to be Divine,

In Isaiah 11:2 the writer says The Spirit of Yahweh will rest on him - the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel, and of might, the Spirit of knowledge and fear of Yahweh.

There is a lot here to unpack, I do believe this is talking about the Spirit of the LORD, resting on him (Jesus) when the Word was sent and became flesh. The writer goes on to say that perhaps of this spirit or another Spirit of wisdom and understanding, of counsel, and might, even the Spirit of knowledge and fear of Yahweh. Fear itself, is in lowering ones self down in humbleness to an awe powerful holy good God. However, all of these things would encumber the Lord Jesus Christ, as he walked upon the earth.

The Spirit of Christ is said to be Wise,

Isaiah 11:3 and he will delight in the fear of Yahweh. He will not judge what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears by his ears;

Fear again here, means to throw oneself down toward, seeing them as authority in ones life. This is a wise thing to do, and what Jesus had done through out his life living here on earth. He delighted in the fear of Yahweh, standing in front of the Devil, being tempted until the Devil had left Jesus for a short while. It also seems that He would not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears by his ears. What does that mean to you?

The Spirit of Christ is said to be Just and Fearless,

Isaiah 11:4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breathe of his lips he will slay the wicked.

By the Spirit - with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breathe of his lips he will slay the wicked. I believe that Jesus being the very (Word of God), when he speak of the things, that the Father had lead him to say to others around him, it slayed and divided the souls of people due to the word of God being like a two-edged sword, (Hebrews 4:12). Which of course is by hearing the things pertaining to God. Your thoughts on this?

The Spirit of Christ is said to be Faithful,

Isaiah 11:5 Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist.

All through Jesus's life he was righteous, and faithful towards Yahweh.

The Spirit of Christ is said to be Tender,

Isaiah 40:11 He tends his flock like a shepherd He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

The Spirit of Christ is said to be Quiet,

Isaiah 42:2 He will not shout or cry out or raise his voice in the streets.

Compared to our fleshly nature, as people like to shout or cry out in rage, some shout out or cry our in sadness, grief and hurt. It is said here, that by the Spirit, Jesus would not shout, or cry our, or raise his voice in the streets. It is a huge contrast from the flesh, and how it is, and how one can be by and through the Spirit of Christ?

The Spirit of Christ is said to be Gentle

Isaiah 42:3 A bruised reed he will not break, and smoldering wick he will not snuff out, in Faithfulness he will bring forth justice unto truth.

The gentleness of not breaking a bruised reed, or allowing a smoldering wick to smolder, and leave it to be put out on it's own time. In faithfulness he I believe speaking about Jesus when he would come down to earth sent by God as the Word of God, would bring forth justice, completely in faith towards Yahweh his Father, who is our Father.

The Spirit of Christ is said to be Preserving,

Isaiah 42:4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgement in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

The Spirit of Christ was foretold that He shall not fail, or be discouraged; till the appointed time of judgement - and the isles shall wait for his law, (Christ Law) (New Covenant; Hebrews 8). Can we also ask for help in overcoming, discouragement from failing, to our Father in heaven by the help of the Spirit?

The Spirit of Christ is said to be, Liberating,

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of Yaweh is on me, because Yahweh has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and the opening of the prison, to them that are bound.

I believe this has to do with the Lord, and what the Spirit of Yahweh leads a person to do - just as Jesus did, to proclaim good news to the poor, by sharing the news of the kingdom with other people when you are given that chance lead by the spirit, to question and talk with the other. Because of this, He has able to bind up those who have broken hearts, and those who are captive in their own prisons, he comes to proclaim freedom to them in having rest for the soul looking towards heavenly matters, than this problems we experience here for a short period of time.

The Spirit of Christ is said to be compassionate,

Matthew 9:36 When he (Jesus) saw the crowds had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

You see here the action that Jesus had taken on the crowds, who were harassed and helpless - He seen them as a like a sheep without a shepherd and He was wanting to give them rest.

The Spirit of Christ is said to be meek and lowly,

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly, humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

As mentioned earlier, Jesus desires for people to learn from him, and to take upon them the yoke of Christ - as they yoked cows together with wooden boards. To learn from Him, because he is gentle and lowly, humble in heart, and with these things you will find rest for your soul.

The Spirit of Christ is said to be Long-suffering,

Luke 9:55-56 But Jesus turned and rebuked them then he and his disciples went to another village.

Jesus's disciples here asked if he wanted them to rain down hell fire, on a village, and Jesus tells them here, by turning and rebuking him, the the would rather they live longer and perhaps they will will repent. This is what is is for us dealing with other human beings - to live by the spirit, and to allow people to have their own thoughts, opinions, and questions when it comes down to the things of God. God desires for them to come to them, perhaps it takes a little time.

The Spirit of Christ is said to be forgiving,

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, "Father forgiven them, for they do not know what they are doing and they divide up his clothes by calling lots.

Even as Jesus Christ was upon the cross, dying by his own decision to give up his life for the Father, and for the world, he asked his Father to forgive them. Such an important lesson for us as human beings to forgive each other.

The Spirit of Christ is said to Zealous,

Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

Jesus with the Holy Spirit, and power ; anointed by God; went around doing good and healing all of those under the power of the devil because God was with here, here you can see the zealous acts of Christ, being lead by his Father, through the Spirit in which many people were healed because of them.

The Spirit of Christ is said to be burden-bearing,

Galatians 6:2 Carry each others burdens and in this way you will fulfills the law of Christ.

Here, Paul suggest for us to carry each others burdens - to fulfill the law of Christ by doing so. Jesus had to bear the burden of not only all the people he came in contact with, he also had to bear the burden of death on behalf of the people in the world, once on the cross. It seems that the Spirit is able to help us in doing such things when it comes to our daily social active lives.

The last thing here is the Spirit of Christ is said to be Loving,

Ephesians 5:2 And walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and give himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savour.

Peace be unto you,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you and welcome back,

Took a look at some scriptures pertaining to Promises to Believers - (Promises to the Obedient),

Upon Moses having bringing forth the commandments from Mount Sinai,

Yahweh stated in Exodus 20:6 "But showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments." Does this have any merit for us today? To some degree I believe those who decide to show love to God, choose to do so, and they keep the commandments which are given by and through Jesus (which ultimately) having love towards God and love towards others (1 John 3:23).

Upon Yahweh explaining he was sending a messenger in Exodus 23:22 Yahweh states "If you listen carefully to what he says and do all that I say, I will be the enemy of your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you". Does this have merit to us today considering it is a message to the Israelites? To some degree perhaps so, those who listen carefully to what Jesus says, and do what Yahweh says, there will be protection from enemies, and from those who may oppose you in which may trying to harm you in a negative way, by the Spirit.

Another message to Israel, founded in Deuteronomy 4:40 "Keep his decrees and commands which I am giving you today, so that it may go well with you and your children after you and that you may live long in the land the LORD your God gives you for all time." Something we can gain from this today? It reminds me of becoming part of the Heavenly Kingdom, and that by teaching your children, and you learning about God and growing things may go well for you.

Another message to the Israelites, founded in Deuteronomy 11:27 the blessing if you obey the commands of Yahweh your God that I am giving you today; after saying this, the Lord goes on to say, that a curse will come to those who disobey the commands. Is there still a profit to obeying God, and his commands, by the Spirit through and in Christ? There is a blessing, of course in that day it was materially, today the blessing is spiritually is a person blessed for obeying the commandments of God which Jesus had fulfilled, and people are enabled to do by and through Yeshua.

In the account of 1 Kings 11:38 "If you do whatever I command you and walk in the obedience to me and do what is right in my eyes by obeying my decrees and commands, as David my servant did, I will be with you. I will build you a dynasty as enduring as the one I build for David and will give Israel to you." - This is a promise being made here, by Ahijah to Jeroboam. Does it have something to do with us today? When I think about how today a person builds a spiritual foundation in and on Christ who is the chief corner stone - that today a person builds up upon spiritual foundation and principles by seeking out God in faith, if the individual seeks to do so.

In the account of Isaiah 1:19 If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land. This indicates here in Isaiahs words of a Rebellious nation. That if they are willing and obedience, that they will eat the good things of land. This can have a material application to those who follow after God, in that day with the Law, and to obey Him is to have love for Him and love for others, that if they choose to seek him they will eat the good things of the land. Something that also comes to my mind, is that believers today, can eat the good things of the Heavenly Jerusalem meaning not only to be able to eat good from the land - but to be able to eat good from the bread of life, and have water from the waters of life which come from the Lord Yeshua.

In the account of Mark 3:35 Jesus says "Whosever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother", Have you ever wondered how you can be deemed a brother, or a sister, or a mother of Jesus Christ? He gives the answer right here, speaking whosoever does God's will is my brother, and my sister and my mother. That is something to think about.

In the account of Luke 11:28 Jesus replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it" - to a repose of a person saying that Jesus was blessed out of the womb. He interjects that blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it, is that a important principle to you?

In the account John 7:17 Anyone who choose to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak of my own. Jesus says this here, Anyone who choose to do the will of God. They will find out if what Jesus speaks and teaches comes from God - or that Jesus speaks of his own accord rather than speaking what the Father taught him to speak and say. By the Spirit. An important principle here? Sure, amazing that it shows the ability to choose to do with will of God or not.

In the account of John 14:23 Jesus replied anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

A profound promise. Jesus replied anyone who loves him. Will obey his teachings, (how to live in this world by the spirit, dying to the flesh, raising to new life - The Gospel of Christ).

My Father will love them, and we will - Father and the Son - will come to them and make our home in them.

Interesting promises founded in the Bible for those who decide to be obedient to Yahweh, in the name of Yeshua the Messiah.

Peace be unto you.

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Took a look at some scriptures pertaining to Reward proportionate to service rendered,

Does this topic interest you? According to the Bible, there will be a reward given to people. What that reward is, could be the resurrection body that will be given by God upon death from my perspective. When a person leaves this world, they go on to the heavenly realm (Revelation 21-22), there are people whom are said to be going into the Kingdom because of keeping the commandments in which they may have the right to the tree of life, passing into the gates of the Heavenly Jerusalem. Each person whom comes through this resurrection process, is reward on behalf of their service rendered in which they - the individual - decide willingly to live for God, and to love others on behalf of the Lord Yeshua with-in them as believers in which they also are given the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:1-10).

Let's take a look at a few scriptures here and see what could possibly gleaned from them.

Great soul-winners Radiant,

In the book of Daniel it is recorded in Chapter 12 verse 3 saying, "And they that be wise shall shine as brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever."

What are your thoughts on this verse? It seems that there are those who be wise - which reminds me of out the Lord has become unto to wisdom today (1 Corinthians 1:30), who by going and reading what he addresses one can become more wise, because of the Spirit with-in them. Daniel says they shall shine as brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness. Here also it seems to address those who turn many to righteousness, as the stars forever and ever.

Can Christ through you, be able to turn a person to look towards him, who makes us right with God by sharing when lead by the spirit to ask questions, and perhaps read the Bible together with someone?

At the coming of Christ,

Matthew 16:27, For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his messengers; and then shall reward every man according to his works.

Some strong language here that when the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his messengers; This is talking about the Son of man coming again, in the very glory of his Father, bringing together messengers. And then shall reward every man according to his works.

Works, what are work that man can do in which they can be rewarded? From my understanding James 2:14-26; talks about Faith without works is dead. Therefore there is no real genuine faith there for the person who should be placing their trust in God to help them in this life. However, those of genuine faith on believing on the Gospel of Christ, and having an active relationship with God through prayer, and reading the scriptures that is building on their faith, and spiritual foundation of the Lord Jesus Christ, and also maturing their new born person again spirit which is born again in and through the newness of spiritual life. In which one leaves from this life into the new Heavenly Jerusalem from my perspective, and here, it seems that the Son of Man, is the one here who comes in the glory of his Father with his messengers, and then shall reward every man according to their works, what are the works? To have love for God, and love your neighbor as yourself, in faith of the Gospel of Christ, who came, died, and was buried again by God.

Even in the Present life,

Luke 18:30 Who shall not receive manifold at this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting. This was in response to Peter, after having spoken to the Rich man, (Luke 18:18-30).

This in contrast with being rich here on earth - one can have an experienced spiritual life here on earth by and through Christ, and also in the world to come. That is why I believe Paul talks about different glories, of the sun and moon, and of the stars (1 Corinthians 15:41). There is a reward now in this life, to be able to have access to God by and through Jesus, and ask God to help you by the spirit, as you pray not only for your own needs, but that needs of others and all of those around you. Also in the world to come, life everlasting.

In the Lords Vineyard
1 Corinthians 3:8 Now he that plants and he waters are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his labor.

Previously Paul stated to the people of Corinth. "I have planted, Apollos waters; but God gave the increase, So then neither is he that plants anything, nor he that waters; but God that gives increases. Verse 8, Now he that plants and he who waters are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his labor.

This is to me, personally reminds me of reaping what one sows (Galatians 6:7-9). God is not deceived by our own ways to be able to be made right with him, he is not mocked. For whatsoever a man sows, also he also reaps. For he that sows to the flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting, (Just what was stated previously). And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Every person on this earth receives their own reward which is according to their own labors they do. A apple tree doesn't do anything, a person comes by planting it and watering it, and it grows. A person who seek out God in faith (Hebrews 11:6), will be given increase. Paul planted by spreading the good news, and apollos encouraged, both are useful but that doesn't make us any better than anyone. So with this flesh, a person, individual, has to decide to mortify the deeds of the body (Romans 8:13; Colossians 3:5) and live by the Spirit (Galatians 5:25).

Reaping according to the amount sown

2 Corinthians 9:6 But this I say, He which sows sparingly will reap sparingly shall reap also sparingly,: and he which sows bountifully shall reap bountifully.

What one spends their time in, will be well, or poor depending on the individual who dedicates ones life to have God as the main on in their life by relationship and prayer and thanksgiving if they choose to do so. Sparingly, building on the spirit, that is good. Sowing bountifully in the spirit, is good. It is up to you here what you decide you believe this could mean.

Assigned to the Lord
Revelation 22:12 and, behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me to give every many as his work shall be.

This speaks to me of the resurrection, and a reward is given, and the reward will be given to each person as their own work shall be.

Thank you for a moment of your time, I can always be wrong on anything.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This topic is dealing with GOD invisible to man,

In the book of Exodus, Moses asks to see the glory of Yahweh; after having a conversation with Yahweh, about Him being with his people.

Yahweh stated and says in Exodus 33:20 - "But, he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

Here we have an establishment made between God and man here in which Yahweh tells Moses that "you can not see my face, for no one may see me and live." It seems to see Yahweh as he truly is - would cause you to die. What is interesting here is that, even though we can not see Yahweh, he does express in Exodus 33:19, is that for Moses and his descendants is that Yahweh would bring forth his goodness to pass in front of them. Having mercy on whom He will have mercy, and compassion on whom he will have compassion.

In the book of Job, Job is talking about Yahweh. HE speaks of his wisdom, power, moves mountains, overturning them in his anger. He shakes the earth, and makes pillars tremble, (Job 9:11) When he passes (Yahweh) me, I can not see him; when he goes by, I cannot perceive him.

Another look and testimony of how Yahweh is invisible, when he goes by Job states he can not see him, or even perceive him when he goes by.

Again in the book of Job in response to Eliphaz, Job states in Job 23:8-9 But if I go to east, he is not there; if I go to the west, I do not find him. When he is at work in the north, I do not see him; when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him.

Another look and of the Invisibility of God,

In the book of John; John records in the first chapter John 1:18 No man has seen God at anytime; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he had declared him.

It seems that the Son of God - whom was the Word of God who came from the bosom of the Father, had declared the Son who was begotten; and no man has seen God at any time except it seems the very Son of God who came from the Father. Still no man has seen God at any time, he is invisible.

Also noted by John; in Chapter 5; John 5:37 And the Father himself, which has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have never heard his voice at anytime, or seen his shape. I believe that there is a small still voice that talks to us by and through the spirit, but it seems to say here, no person at all has ever heard the voice of Yahweh at anytime, or seen his shape.

The writer Paul lets down an interesting revelation to the people of Colossians.

He states in Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the Invisible God, the firstborn of every creature.

This is talking about the Son of God - whom was the Word of God, who was - is the image of the Invisible God, the firstborn (from heaven to earth) of every creature, he brought in the spiritual restoration to the World, in which people come to God and reborn spiritually.

What is interesting here is to note that the Son of God - is the image of the Invisible God. It seems to me to say that Yeshua, was the exact representation of what a person who willingly serves to love God and to love others, look like. Yeshua though stated here is an image, or representation of the "Invisible God", is that the Lord went willingly of his own will, to fulfill his Fathers will, in which now today, people come to the truth of Christ, in which they can start to become a child of God, and learn what it means to be a Christian, through and by the Spirit, reading the Bible, and prayerful relationship with the Father, in Jesus name.

Paul writing to Timothy, wrote saying

1 Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

You can see Pauls outlook about the King, eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, - honor and glory to Him forever and ever, Amen. I believe even today we can give glory to God, and praise Him for the things that His Son has done for the world. Praise God he was even sent at all to bring forth the restoration of what was lost in the Garden with Adam and Eve.

Again Paul writing to Timothy, wrote saying,

1 Timothy 6:15-16 which God will bring about in his own time -- God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, who only have immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power everlasting amen.

Talking about the return of Christ here, He goes on explaining how God would bring about that in his own time, Paul states God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, who along is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever Amen.

Paul states Yahweh - lives in unapproachable light, and that no one has seen or can see, to Him be the honor and might forever.

This expounds even much more how that Yahweh is invisible - dwelling in a place of unapproachable light where no man can approach, and no man has seen.

Another comment by John, his first letter to believers, says

1 John 4:12: John writes saying No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Again No one has ever seen the living God, - however you can know the Living God lives in you, if (if) we love one another. God (lives in you and his love is made complete in you).

Thank you for a moment of time to explore some scriptures that deal with the Invisible God, if anyone was to see him, they could no longer live - you probably fall over dead.

May the God of peace be with you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic is dealing with Works, Good - Enjoined - (Good Works) - Part 1

There seems to be a lot of contention here with Works in general because some people believe that they need to be doing work in order to be justified before God. However when a person realizes they are justified by faith and can have peace with God through believing in the Gospel of Christ (Romans 5:1-10). What is performed with-in that believer is an individual allows God to work (Philippians 2:13; Hebrews 8) on the heart and mind of themselves by seeking out God in faith (Hebrews 11:6). It's because of God working with-in you that you produce any works that are good in which tend to lead to producing fruit (Luke 6:43-45) which can help other people eat and be nourished in the overall aspect of (Good Works) which are always lead by and through the Spirit (Romans 8:14) - by abiding in Christ (John 15:4-9). There is no way to be justified by works in order to bypass Christ as the one whom makes you right with God, through faith in the Gospel of Christ which is the power of God unto Salvation (Romans 1:16), however those who are faithful do perform works which seems to always indicate love (1 Corinthians 13) towards God and love towards others.

With all this groundwork laid out let's take a look at some scripture that pertain to enjoined good works.

Works to Glorify God,

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Works rendered in the greek is ergon, it occurs in the Bible 176 times in the King James Version (which is an act, a deed).

Here in this scripture which Jesus says Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is heaven.

What does Let your light so shine before men mean? To be a source of Spiritual light, which come from the Lord Jesus Christ, and God living with-in you. In which people may see, and consider the things of God, in which they see also your good works for working for God and perhaps will go and seek and learn about God and Jesus growing in their own knowledge. Which they may start to glorify your Father which is in heaven. (I could be wrong but this seems to be the message here).

Paul writing to the Colossians in his opening statements, address and speaks about :

Col 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

There is so much here, but you can see here Paul explains that him and the others with him, do not cease to pray for those in Colossae, and to desire that they might be filled with the knowledge of his (Gods?) will, in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.

That you might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God.

Why do you believe that in this letter that Paul states he and the others pray, for the people there to be filled and desire to come to the knowledge of (Gods?) will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.

That is huge information to see what Pauls heart was set on, he desired for people to come to the knowledge of Gods will, in all wisdom, and spiritual understanding, (by the spirit Colossians 1:8).

That they, there might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good act/deed which may benefit others, and to continue to increasing in the knowledge of God.

These things must be important, wouldn't you say?

Good, Works - May enrich ones life,

Paul writes to Timothy in his first letter, stated simply having charged the rich in this world to not be high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but should put their trust in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17)

1 Timothy 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willingly communicate.

It seems to me here, that those who come out of the world in trusting in riches, should come to be humbled towards God trusting in Him because he gives us richly all things to enjoy. In doing so, Paul encourages Timothy to also understand it is so that those will be able to do good, and they be rich in good works, ready to distribute (perhaps needs of those who are in need), and willingly communicate.

When it comes down to the poor (Jesus said the poor will always be among you), you have to be mindful of giving strangers off the street money, because sometimes people simply manipulate you, and will lie to you just go get drugs, or alcohol or prostitues. However, there is something about helping those who have been in jail and are just coming out and are seeking for a life change in the things of God. (Just gotta be careful about what you do as you may think giving all the time will be the Christian thing to do, when it in fact can lead to harm to others unknowingly).

I may be wrong, but please be encouraged to think for yourself.

Good works, lead to a furnish which is a pattern of imitation,

Paul writes to Titus, in which he instructs him how to help the others on his journey to Crete,

Titus 2:7 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, and seriousness.

Titus 2:14 (Jesus) who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

During the journey of Titus, he was instructed by Paul, in verse 7 to help instruct and lead people by example by doing what is good, by showing integrity and seriousness, and Paul writes in verse 14: It is because of Jesus, that purifies himself people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. (James 4:17)

Paul also writes to Titus,

Speaking of Jesus, and the regeneration of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5) - justified by grace - that believers should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (Titus 3:6-7)

Paul writes saying This is a faithful saying, and these things I wi want to stress these things, so that those who are believers in God might be careful to maintain good works. (Titus 3:8)

These things are good and profitable unto men. There is something profitable about abiding in Christ, and allowing the Spirit to move you to help when duty calls, in which you allow the Lord to work in and through you, through prayer and asking God to help you even to what you may share or ask as far as questions.

The writer of Hebrews wrote to the Jewish believers of Christ in that day, saying

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic is dealing with Works, Good - Enjoined - (Good Works) - Part 2

Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds.

What do you think about that passage here? Let us consider how we may spur one another towards love and good deeds. Ill say this good deeds are better than bad deeds right? The flesh is capable of doing horrible bad things, even having bad thoughts, but that is why the Spirit fights against the flesh to help us stay heavenly oriented by understanding what is going on with our flesh when it starts to arise in whatever manner it may. The writer of Hebrews to the audience saying "Let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds."

The writer James writing to the dispersed tribes in his day in age wrote in his letter,

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James here wants to make it clear that faith always has an action behind it, he goes on to talk about Abraham offering his son Isaac was justified by his actions (James 2:21). What is the good works as Christians we do today? From my understand it seems to have love for God, and love for others - living in faith towards God in which pleases him. Whether you decide to do good works, or good deeds, or acts, all because of your love for God and love for others, are all good things to do which you understand it is God work in and through you in which you decide whether or not God will get the credit or you yourself. That decision I can not judge one you can judge that between yourself and God.

The final on here in the letter of Peter, writing to his audience Jewish believers,

Says 1 Peter 2:12 Live such good lives among the pagans (Gentiles), that though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deed and glorify God on the day he visits us, he also talks about submitting oneself to the governing authorities, 1 Peter 2:13.

With this, all what are your thoughts here on this subject study? Are good works part of the Christian life? Are they not? You have to decide.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering this is a Bible Scripture Study,

A story in the life of the Lord Jesus Christ may be fine to place here, too wouldn't you say? Thank you for coming back to read anything that may be cited here, always remember that I am a man. A person of fallibility. I am not the curator of your life, and you have to make your own decisions for yourself as you live in this life, and my hope for you is to follow after in faith towards God in which he is pleased, go for the good, while praying for everyone you ever meet, along with overcoming your own struggles in which the Lord Jesus Christ, and his wisdom will allow you to be able to make it through with his guiding hand.

Jesus Raises the Widow’s Son at Nain - A picture of the resurrection.​

11 Soon afterward[a] he went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went with him.
After Jesus had healed the centurions persons. Jesus and his disciples went to a town called Nain, with a large crowd following after them.

12 As he approached the gate of the town, a man who had died was being carried out. He was his mother’s only son, and she was a widow, and with her was a large crowd from the town.
As Jesus and his disciples approached, with the crowd following behind. A man who had died was being carried out of the towns gate to be buried. He was his mother's only son, who died from some cause unknown, she was also a widow who had lost her husband. And the large crowd gathered from the town, perhaps they were coming out to be seeing the burial of the man.

13 When the Lord saw her, he was moved with compassion for her and said to her, “Do not cry.”
When Yeshua, look and seen her. He was moved with compassion for her loss, and said to her, "Do not cry." We see the compassion of Yeshua looking at this poor woman who has lost her husband and also now her son, perhaps crying in tears, comes up to her and says "do not cry." what a tender moment this way for that woman. Had she heard of him before? I do not know, did she know who he was? I do not know, but had come up perhaps as strange to comfort another.

14 Then he came forward and touched the bier, and the bearers stopped. And he said, “Young man, I say to you, rise!”
Then he came forward and touched the bier (the stretch I suppose that the bearers would carry the body in), which at that moment the bears stopped. And the Lord had said, "You man, I say to you, rise!"

15 The dead man sat up and began to speak, and Jesus[b]gave him to his mother.
The dead man sat up and began to speak, and Yeshua gave him back to his mother, perhaps walking along beside carrying him over to the town gate. Which his mother received him from the Lord.
16 Fear seized all of them, and they glorified God, saying, “A great prophet has risen among us!” and “God has visited his people!”
Fear seized all of them (Awe) for the large crowd that was there, and those at the gate who were once walking out, and they glorified God, saying "a great prophet has risen among us!", and "God has visited his people!"

Interesting things the crowds did here, they glorified God, they seen Jesus as prophet had risen, and also said "God has visited his people!"

17 This word about him spread throughout the whole of Judea and all the surrounding region.
This had to be during the popularity of the Lord Jesus Christ when he had first start doing such miracles traveling around, that is what I think right now, and of course in verse 17, the word of this story spread throughout the whole of Judea, and all the surrounding region.

My take away from this is that, yes we do mourn and grieve, but rest assured there is an afterlife, a place better than this one that we live in, though a person may enjoy it for a season. There is always resurrection that will be for all people because of this picture and type that I believe is a picture of what is the good of the Resurrection, the going to be with God, and going to be in the Kingdom of God as believers in the Lord, who gave his life up for all people on the cross once for sin that the world may be reconciled unto God.

The fascinating part is that the Lord Jesus/Yeshua - willingly gave up his life as a sacrifice to God, being killed by the nation of Israel, but his life did not end there. He was resurrected three days later, after some of the disciples just wanted to go back fishing again.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

This topic has to deal with Spiritual Immaturity,

Please know I could be wrong on anything posted here - examine and seek and study for yourself. God bless.

Did you know that this topic is something that is mentioned in the Bible? The purpose of this message to perhaps bring it to the attention of those who may have missed out on the topic all together. Spiritual immaturity doesn’t mean a person does not have salvation in the work of the Lord Jesus Christ, whom God had raised from the dead, it simply means they have yet to grow and move forward into become mature, Sons and daughters of God, as at the moment they could be deemed as children.

Children are interesting, an if you are a parent have either had brothers or sisters growing up possibly in which there were fighting, and bickering sometimes that came unto the scene. Where even the mother or father, had issues with one another or even the children and the children had issues with the mother and father, and even the brothers and sisters.

Bickering, and fighting all comes from the flesh, and with this Paul mentions to the Corinthians that it shouldn’t be this way, he says here

1 Corinthians 3:1-2

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, was not able to speak to you as to spiritual, but as to fleshly—as to babes in Christ;

1Co 3:2 with milk I fed you, and not with meat, for ye were not yet able, but not even yet are ye now able,

That he could not address the people there in the church at Corinth whom he is writing to as people who live by the spirit but as people who are still worldly, mere infants in Christ. You can see that the emphasis is that he could not address them as people whom are living by the spirit but those who are still fleshly. Earlier in the letter he had addressed this found in 1 Corinthians 1:11-12, in which there was disputes and rivalry between each other in how they looked towards someone else rather than specifically towards Christ and this caused division, strife, and debate with one another in their suggestive attitudes of being of ‘cephas, or Apollos, or Paul’ rather than focusing on the main Master : the Lord Jesus Christ.

He goes on to say in verse 2, I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed you are still not ready. Then he carries on writing more to them.

Later on in the letter he mentions to them:

1Co 14:20 Brethren, become not children in the understanding, but in the evil be ye babes, and in the understanding become ye perfect;

From the commentary John Gill;

1 Corinthians 14:20

Brethren, be not children in understanding
,.... There are some things in children in which it is reproachful for believers to be like them; as nonproficiency in knowledge, want of capacity to receive, bear, and digest strong meat; levity, fickleness, and inconstancy, unskilfulness in the word, deficiency of knowledge, want of understanding, not of things natural, but spiritual and evangelical; which is the more aggravated, since their understandings were opened and enlightened; an understanding was given them; the Spirit of God, as a spirit of understanding, was bestowed on them; they had the Scriptures, which are able to make wise unto salvation, and the man of God perfect; and also the ministers of the Gospel to explain divine truths to them; and many had been a long time in the school of Christ, and might have been teachers of others; and yet; after all, were children in understanding, and needed to be taught the first principles of the oracles of God. The apostle here has chiefly reference to the gift of speaking with tongues, these Corinthians were so desirous of; which when they had it, was only to talk like children; and for them to prefer it to other gifts, which were more useful and beneficial, discovered their judgment to be but the judgment of children; and if they desired this, and made use of it for ostentation, it showed a childish vanity, from which the apostle here dissuades:

howbeit in malice be ye children: in other things it is commendable to imitate children, and be like them; as in innocence and harmlessness of conversation; to be meek, modest, and humble, free from pride and vain glory; to be without guile and hypocrisy, without rancour and bitterness, envying and malice, but tender hearted, and ready to forgive. This the apostle recommends:

but in understanding be men; or "perfect", of ripe and full age, who have their senses exercised to discern between good and evil, גבר "a man", says Aben Ezra (p), in our language, signifies מלא דעת, "one full of knowledge", as in Exo 10:11. It is not perfection of justification that is here meant, for babes in Christ are as perfect in this sense as grown men; nor a perfection of sanctification, for there is no such thing as this in any in this life; there is a perfection of sanctification in Christ, and of parts in everyone that is a new creature; and as that denotes sincerity and uprightness, it is in all that have known the grace of God in truth; but then these are each of them as true of new born babes, young converts, as of older Christians, and strong men: but of knowledge and understanding in divine things; which though it is imperfect in the best, yet in some it is in greater perfection than in others; who may, in a comparative sense, be said to be perfect, or men of full age, who are arrived to a considerable ripeness and maturity of spiritual knowledge; and this is what believers should be pressing after, and desirous of, and make use of all proper methods, such as reading, hearing, and praying, to attain unto.

Moving forward from here

Paul writes to the Galatians the importance of tutors,

Gal 4:1 And I say, so long time as the heir is a babe, he differeth nothing from a servant—being lord of all,

Gal 4:2 but is under tutors and stewards till the time appointed of the father,

Gal 4:3 so also we, when we were babes, under the elements of the world were in servitude,

Once a person becomes ensconced in the knowledge of the truth, and the spirit of understanding of whom they are in the Lord Jesus Christ, being a child of the Living God, they are to continue to grow from that babe spiritually into Sons and Daughters of God whom live by and through the Spirit rather than the elements of the world in which - our Flesh is known to have kick backs, and start of fights, and cause divisions among other people.

In Galatians Paul speaks about who the Law which people were trying to get the people in Galatia to revert back to, was something used to lead people to Christ Jesus, and people were trying to get them to come back to doing the things of the law, rather than trusting and putting their confidence in the Lord Jesus Christ who made them right with God and fulfilled the law. Paul is warning these people to not go back to the law, but to continue onward in Him, by and through the spirit rather than the fleshly ways.

Eph 4:14 that we may no more be babes, tossed and borne about by every wind of the teaching, in the sleight of men, in craftiness, unto the artifice of leading astray,

Paul writes to the Ephesians saying - Once people come to unity of the faith and have grown into this by and through learning, with the recognition of whom the Son of God is; they will no longer be babes that are tossed and thrown around by the teachings of others, like the problems going on in Galatia. There were Jewish people whom were trying to get Gentiles to convert to the Law, when they had no law to begin with - they have Christ Jesus.

To be tossed and thrown around - is to have instability of faith - to seek for truth is up to you of course there are teachers and tutors out there in the world but it is up to you by the Spirit to seek out for what is truth and what may not be truth from someone else whom is speaking or teaching. That also includes myself in this picture.

Heb 5:12 for even owing to be teachers, because of the time, again ye have need that one teach you what are the elements of the beginning of the oracles of God, and ye have become having need of milk, and not of strong food,

The writer of Hebrews which was written to a Jewish Audience tells them they should be teachers by now, but however due to not becoming strong they are still need of milk and to grow up in the faith and become acquainted with Christ Jesus once again and they are not ready for strong food.

1Pe 2:1 Having put aside, then, all evil, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envyings, and all evil speakings,

1Pe 2:2 as new-born babes the word's pure milk desire ye, that in it ye may grow,

There is nothing wrong with being a new-born babe in Christ, everyone starts off this way being born again from above by and through faith; so continue to seek out and grow in your faith until you reach that unity and that you may be able to have Love for God and love for others.

You know sometimes I can be a babe in Christ, and fight and bicker, over things but the purpose of as Christians is to become in unity with others as we walk in this life - loving God and loving others from all walks of life no matter their organization they come from, or even how they may believe. The fighting and the bickering is what causes division and strife and no unity. By the Spirit however, there is always love, peace, kindness, goodness, and the like.

May you be encouraged, and may

The God of peace be with you.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG:

Hello to you, This topic has to deal with Spiritual Immaturity,

Please know I could be wrong on anything posted here - examine and seek and study for yourself. God bless.

Did you know that this topic is something that is mentioned in the Bible? The purpose of this message to perhaps bring it to the attention of those who may have missed out on the topic all together.

Spiritual immaturity doesn’t mean a person does not have salvation in the work of the Lord Jesus Christ, whom God had raised from the dead, it simply means they have yet to grow and move forward into become mature, Sons and daughters of God, as at the moment they could be deemed as children.

Children are interesting, and if you are a parent have either had brothers or sisters growing up possibly in which there were fighting, and bickering sometimes that came unto the scene. Where even the mother or father, had issues with one another or even the children and the children had issues with the mother and father, and even the brothers and sisters.

Bickering, and fighting all comes from the flesh, and with this Paul mentions to the Corinthians that it shouldn’t be this way, he says here:

1 Corinthians 3:1-2

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, was not able to speak to you as to spiritual, but as to fleshly—as to babes in Christ;

1Co 3:2 with milk I fed you, and not with meat, for ye were not yet able, but not even yet are ye now able,

That he could not address the people there in the church at Corinth whom he is writing to as people who live by the spirit but as people who are still worldly, mere infants in Christ. You can see that the emphasis is that he could not address them as people whom are living by the spirit but those who are still fleshly.

Earlier in the letter he had addressed this found in 1 Corinthians 1:11-12, in which there was disputes and rivalry between each other in how they looked towards someone else rather than specifically towards Christ and this caused division, strife, and debate with one another in their suggestive attitudes of being of ‘Cephas, or Apollos, or Paul’ rather than focusing on the main Master : the Lord Jesus Christ.

He goes on to say in verse 2, I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed you are still not ready. Then he carries on writing more to them.

Later on in the letter he mentions to them:

1Co 14:20 Brethren, become not children in the understanding, but in the evil be ye babes, and in the understanding become ye perfect;

From the commentary John Gill;

1 Corinthians 14:20

Brethren, be not children in understanding
,.... There are some things in children in which it is reproachful for believers to be like them; as nonproficiency in knowledge, want of capacity to receive, bear, and digest strong meat; levity, fickleness, and inconstancy, unskilfulness in the word, deficiency of knowledge, want of understanding, not of things natural, but spiritual and evangelical; which is the more aggravated, since their understandings were opened and enlightened; an understanding was given them;...

...the Spirit of God, as a spirit of understanding, was bestowed on them; they had the Scriptures, which are able to make wise unto salvation, and the man of God perfect; and also the ministers of the Gospel to explain divine truths to them; and many had been a long time in the school of Christ, and might have been teachers of others; and yet; after all, were children in understanding, and needed to be taught the first principles of the oracles of God.

The apostle here has chiefly reference to the gift of speaking with tongues, these Corinthians were so desirous of; which when they had it, was only to talk like children; and for them to prefer it to other gifts, which were more useful and beneficial, discovered their judgment to be but the judgment of children; and if they desired this, and made use of it for ostentation, it showed a childish vanity, from which the apostle here dissuades:

howbeit in malice be ye children: in other things it is commendable to imitate children, and be like them; as in innocence and harmlessness of conversation; to be meek, modest, and humble, free from pride and vain glory; to be without guile and hypocrisy, without rancour and bitterness, envying and malice, but tender hearted, and ready to forgive. This the apostle recommends:

but in understanding be men; or "perfect", of ripe and full age, who have their senses exercised to discern between good and evil, גבר "a man", says Aben Ezra (p), in our language, signifies מלא דעת, "one full of knowledge", as in Exo 10:11. It is not perfection of justification that is here meant, for babes in Christ are as perfect in this sense as grown men; nor a perfection of sanctification, for there is no such thing as this in any in this life; there is a perfection of sanctification in Christ, and of parts in everyone that is a new creature; and as that denotes sincerity and uprightness, it is in all that have known the grace of God in truth;...

...but then these are each of them as true of new born babes, young converts, as of older Christians, and strong men: but of knowledge and understanding in divine things; which though it is imperfect in the best, yet in some it is in greater perfection than in others; who may, in a comparative sense, be said to be perfect, or men of full age, who are arrived to a considerable ripeness and maturity of spiritual knowledge; and this is what believers should be pressing after, and desirous of, and make use of all proper methods, such as reading, hearing, and praying, to attain unto. [End of commentary]

Moving forward from here Paul writes to the Galatians the importance of tutors,

Gal 4:1 And I say, so long time as the heir is a babe, he differeth nothing from a servant—being lord of all,

Gal 4:2 but is under tutors and stewards till the time appointed of the father,

Gal 4:3 so also we, when we were babes, under the elements of the world were in servitude,

Once a person becomes ensconced in the knowledge of the truth, and the spirit of understanding of whom they are in the Lord Jesus Christ, being a child of the Living God, they are to continue to grow from that babe spiritually into Sons and Daughters of God whom live by and through the Spirit rather than the elements of the world in which - our flesh is known to have kick backs, and start of fights, and cause divisions among other people.

In Galatians Paul speaks about who the Law which people were trying to get the people in Galatia to revert back to, was something used to lead people to Christ Jesus, and people were trying to get them to come back to doing the things of the law, rather than trusting and putting their confidence in the Lord Jesus Christ who made them right with God and fulfilled the law. Paul is warning these people to not go back to the law, but to continue onward in Him, by and through the spirit rather than the fleshly ways.

Eph 4:14 that we may no more be babes, tossed and borne about by every wind of the teaching, in the sleight of men, in craftiness, unto the artifice of leading astray,

Paul writes to the Ephesians saying - Once people come to unity of the faith and have grown into this by and through learning, with the recognition of whom the Son of God is; they will no longer be babes that are tossed and thrown around by the teachings of others, like the problems going on in Galatia. There were Jewish people whom were trying to get Gentiles to convert to the Law, when they had no law to begin with - they have Christ Jesus.

To be tossed and thrown around - is to have instability of faith - to seek for truth is up to you of course there are teachers and tutors out there in the world but it is up to you by the Spirit to seek out for what is truth and what may not be truth from someone else whom is speaking or teaching. That also includes myself in this picture.

Heb 5:12 for even owing to be teachers, because of the time, again ye have need that one teach you what are the elements of the beginning of the oracles of God, and ye have become having need of milk, and not of strong food,

The writer of Hebrews which was written to a Jewish Audience tells them they should be teachers by now, but however due to not becoming strong they are still need of milk and to grow up in the faith and become acquainted with Christ Jesus once again and they are not ready for strong food.

1Pe 2:1 Having put aside, then, all evil, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envyings, and all evil speakings,

1Pe 2:2 as new-born babes the word's pure milk desire ye, that in it ye may grow,

There is nothing wrong with being a new-born babe in Christ, everyone starts off this way being born again from above by and through faith; so continue to seek out and grow in your faith until you reach that unity and that you may be able to have Love for God and love for others.

You know sometimes I can be a babe in Christ, and fight and bicker, over things but the purpose of as Christians is to become in unity with others as we walk in this life - loving God and loving others from all walks of life no matter their organization they come from, or even how they may believe. The fighting and the bickering is what causes division and strife and no unity. By the Spirit however, there is always love, peace, kindness, goodness, and the like.

May you be encouraged, and may

The God of peace be with you.
==========================
@GRACE ambassador 'Reply' below

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG and Johann

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Previous was More than 10000 characters, so my 'Reply':

Precious friend, Matthew, thanks so much for your encouraging words. Hope you don't mind
that I 'removed the extra white spaces' so it would be Much Easier/Faster to read.

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
! ← These have helped me immensely in my own 'maturity'.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic is dealing with Meaning of the Risen Life,

Through out the Apostolic record starting with the Gospel of Christ has always been about his death, burial and resurrection. Though not only this lessons can be found in which is valuable to any person who is seeking to find wisdom, which is found in the Son of God (1 Corinthians 1:30). With this established, Paul goes on to expound on what happens to the believer who is born again which involves dying with the Lord Christ on the cross (Matthew 16:-26) which involves dying to our own individual selves meaning pertaining to - doing things our way, and instead relying on doing things God's way, by and through Christ (Romans 3:3-11), and by the Holy Spirit (Luke 11:13). Because of being baptized with Christ in his death, we also are raised to newness of life (Colossians 2:12).

Let's take a few moments and look at some scriptures that deal with the meaning of the risen life,

Paul was writing to the people who lived in Rome,

He writes after having went through Chapter 1, all the way through Chapter 8 *Which has a lot to do with the spirit.

The meaning of a risen life with the Lord is an inward power.

Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
Paul writes clearly starting here in this verse to those people who are believers in Rome saying, "And if", which is indicative of a question. The Spirit of him (God) who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies, because of his Spirit who lives in you.

There is life that is given to your mortal body, because of his Spirit who lives in you, if indeed the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.

How do you know if the Spirit is living in you? You probably experience a desire to look towards God, rather than oneself or the world. You probably have a relationship with God where you pray and talk to him, and pray in the name of the Son of God. You probably love others as it is stated in (1 Corinthians 13), you probably love to strive in doing good works, by allowing God to work in (Philippians 2:13) and through you as you go through your life. This is the newness of life that is given to your mortal body - it is a new spiritual life (Ephesians 4:23-24) which is now a Child of God (John 1:12) and become a son or daughter of God. All because of the Spirit that is given by faith in the Gospel of Christ.
The meaning of a risen life with the Lord is become like Christ - Christlikeness,

Paul in his 2nd letter, to the Corinthians to correct anything from the first,

He says to them in 2 Corinthians 4:10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be revealed in our body.

This goes along with the above. Which deals with being baptized in Christ's death, and being raised again with him in new life by the Spirit. What could Paul mean here by We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus? I believe this has to be something to do with a person who desires more of a spiritual lived life, rather than a fleshly self life. The individual will seek to carry around in (their) body the death of Jesus, to live as he did, and to love as he loved, if possibly by and through prayers and supplications. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) So that Jesus can be manifested by the Spirit of Christ (Galatians 2:20) that lives with-in you. They seen the death of Christ and his resurrection as life that would come through them in their own life. Of course I could be wrong.

Devotion to a new master - comes along with the Meaning of the risen life,

Paul also writes in his 2nd letter, to the Corinthians,

2 Corinthians 5:15 And he died for all, that those who lives should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
As more information comes out, we see Pauls heart here on what he had come to realize about the Lord which he is expounding even more for these people here. He stated that Jesus died for all, and that those who lives should no longer live for themselves, but for him who died for them and was raised again.

Think about that, what do you think about what is being said here? No longer live for themselves, but for him who died for them and was raised again.

Heavenly ambitions - comes along with the meaning of the risen life,

Paul wrote to the people in Colossians,

Colossians 3:1 Since, then you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated the right hand of God.
Saying, Since then you have been raised with Christ, - again a question you have to ask yourself "have I experienced new life and new passions that lead me towards God and learning from him?" Paul makes it clear to the people, to set the individual heart on things above. Where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

The key words here I see that a person raised with Christ, is now seated in the heavenly realms with Christ.

Paul then says again,

Colossians 3:2 Set your mind on things above, not earthly things.
This passage to me indicates priority. There is nothing wrong with going out in the world, and enjoying what God has given for us to enjoy that exist in the world, but where do you put your own priority and your minds towards and on, are they on the heavenly or the earthly. It is okay and understandable we have to work and do our earthly duties but where is the focus is what is what Paul seems to be indicating to the Colossians.

he very last thing is Exaltation to Heavenly Places, is part of the meaning of the risen life,

Paul writes to the Ephesians,

Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.
Something to think about here, as Paul encourages the Ephesians that God has raised believers up with Christ, and having seating with Christ in the Heavenly realms.

The biggest thing about all of these things, is that your own individual spiritual life and how you grow is up to you. God will give you the increase if that is what your heart and desire is for, in living, humbly before God (James 4:10), God does love you, and cares about you and desires to hear from you, just don't ask for wrong things in prayer (James 4:3; James 1:6) ask God to help you and guide you by the spirit in wisdom, and to help you as you live in this life and see what happens. The choice is up to you and I believe God desires for us all to come to increase in the knowledge of Him by growing to know Him (John 17:3).

Peace be unto you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This topic has to deal with One Thing,

Psalms 27:4 One thing I ask from Yahweh, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of Yahweh all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of Yahweh, and to seek him in his temple.

The writer of this Psalm stated that the one thing he asks from God, and seeks from God is to dwell in the house of Yahweh all the days of his life, to gaze on the beauty of Yahweh, and to seek him in his temple.

Today, we are made the temple without hands in which God dwells in with-us by the Holy Spirit, and the spirit of Christ. With this passage above, is this also something that you seek for in your life? Seeking him out in faith, believing in the Gospel of Christ, and having hope to be able to dwell in the house of Yahweh or in the Heavenly Jerusalem one day after this life? (Hebrews 12:22), the writer of this Psalm certainly laid out his desire here.

There is one thing that happens to us all, founded in,

Ecc. 3:19 Surely that fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both. As one dies, so does the other. All have the same breathe, humans have no advances over animals. Everything is vanity or meaningless.

When it comes to death, everyone has to die, even the animals. It is part of life and while it does seem to be in vanity or it is meaningless, one can understand that while in this life, dying to the self, and living for God and Christ, has its merits. Though we can always rest assured that death for man and animals will always and forever been unavoidable. Therefore it is good to seek out medical attention while you have early onsets of sickness, perhaps take some medicine to help you, but in the end while we try to keep ourselves healthy, the end result at the end of our last breathe is death.

There is one thing the Rich man was said to have lacking,

Mark 10:21 Jesus looked at him (the rich man) and loved him. One thing you lack, He said, Go and sell everything that you have to the poor and will you have treasures in heaven, then come follow me.

Then story to me personally has always been a manner of priority. While the poor is always among us and one can decide if they wish to do good to them. The remaining factor is, where is the heart focused on. In the interaction with the the rich man here. Jesus look at him, and loved him.

That should always be noticed first - Jesus loved him - he did not scold him, or demean him, or demand anything. It seems to me Jesus was trying to get the person to understand that having riches doesn't mean anything, because your only reward will be here. However if you decide to go against the mindset of thinking that riches are the way to happiness, you can give up that mindset and really be storing of treasures in heaven, by following after the Lord Jesus Christ, and by giving to the poor - your time, not just always money, but those who are poor in spirit, need encouragement. Right? Do you see something different here? Because while it is okay to have money - the priorly of the mindset is, where is my focus do I glory myself, or do I glory in God for what he had done for me, and so to help others one decides to also help by sharing the Gospel of Christ.

One thing that is needful,

Luke 10:42 but few things are needed - or indeed only one, Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.

In the life of Jesus, he had come to stay with someone here, there was Mary and Martha. Mary was reclining at the feet of Jesus listening to him, while Martha desired for the Lord to tell her sister to help her. It is a picture and a type again about the priorities of an individual.

You have Mary, who desired to learn from Jesus, and you have Martha who was trying to set up the house and get things done, worring about the things of the world rather than simply resting in Christ. There is no rest in seeking the things of the world, there is only rest founded Christ, and those who decide to take that way though it is difficult, that rest will not be taken away from you.

One thing that is known,

In a conversation between a blind man who was healed by the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Pharisees who did not believe this could happen and that the person was born blind because of his sin, said this to the Pharisees and scribes.

John 9:25 He replied "Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know, I was blind but now I see."

In the face of adversity, this was what the man had to say to those religious leaders - Whether the man who healed me was a sinner or not I do not know, I was blind but now I see.

One thing to do,

Philippians 3:13 Brother and sister, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what Is behind and reaching forth toward what is ahead.

Paul wrote to the Philippians here, about the high calling of Christ, saying he had not reached it yet considering. What he does though, one thing he does is - forgetting what is behind (what was former), and continues to reach forth toward what is ahead.

What are your thoughts on what Paul is saying here? Leaving the old life behind, and striving for the newness of life that is in Christ, and also in the hereafter.

One thing about time,

Peter writes to his audience saying

2 Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends, with the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and. a thousand years are like a day.

What you may make out of this is between yourself and God.

Thank you as always for coming back and reading some of these short studies, I am not perfect and I am capable of being wrong in my approach which is always to try to approach things by and through the Spirit with consideration of the context and contents filled with-in the Bible.

God bless.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nicely done
J.
Hello Johann,

Thank you for watching it’s all done for the benefit of others out there. Praise be to God and the Son of God for what they have done for all people.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hello Johann,

Thank you for watching it’s all done for the benefit of others out there. Praise be to God and the Son of God for what they have done for all people.

And shalom peace to you and family as well brother.
I can empathize with being "alone" here.
Stay strong in Christ Jesus, all for His glory and honor
Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa