Bible Study According to Caldwell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not asking you to teach me anything. I already know how to interpret Scripture but you have just confirmed something. You do not "simply read Scripture and took it at what it says" as you claimed. You have to look at outside sources in order to get context and audience and how they would have perceived the text. So the very thing you trumpet that I should not be doing, is exactly what you do. Now that is not wrong, in fact, it is right, but it shows your deception on the matter.
Correct. You do not simply read Scripture as if it were a comic book. You study Scripture.

The gospel is simple. Scripture is not.

BUT you do not ADD to Scripture. This is where you have failed. What is written is sufficient. It is enough. We will believe things beyond Scripture but they should not be fundamental things.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The hyper-Calvinistic/ cult behavior would probably not be seen here if churches did not negate literacy in favor of indoctrination.
Now I am a hyper-calvinist? Do you even know what that is? I am not a hyper-calvinist. More lies, more deception, more slander. Is that all you do?

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you continue to lie about what was said. And you wonder why I call you a snake....
I linked the post.

I asked you to provide the passage stating your view of the gospel. You stated that was not how" good theology" works.

That is how my theology works. Anything that is absent from Scripture is my understanding upon which I do not lean.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. You do not simply read Scripture as if it were a comic book. You study Scripture.

The gospel is simple. Scripture is not.

BUT you do not ADD to Scripture. This is where you have failed. What is written is sufficient. It is enough. We will believe things beyond Scripture but they should not be fundamental things.
More lies. I have not added anything to Scripture. Slanderous snake.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I linked the post.
I am aware and I did not say what you said I wrote.

I asked you to provide the passage stating your view of the gospel. You stated that was not how" good theology" works.
That's taking it a bit out of context don't you think? What I mean by that is this, and I know you know this is what I meant too, you don't necessarily get a teaching from one single passage. You have to take the WHOLE of Scripture. Not cherry pick a verse here and there. THAT is not how good theology, or biblical interpretation, works.

More lies from @John Caldwell

Anything that is absent from Scripture is my understanding upon which I do not lean.
Yet that is not true either when you look outside for historical and cultural contexts and original audience. More lies, more deception.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I am a hyper-calvinist? Do you even know what that is? I am not a hyper-calvinist. More lies, more deception, more slander. Is that all you do?
Watch the lies. I never said you were a hyper anything (regardless of what I believe).

You would do better to start reading posts before making blind accusations.

I am saying that by basing the gospel on what you believe is implied on Scripture rather than on what is written is something that hyper-Calvinists do. Other's have done this as well. When I was growing up in Atlanta the KKK did this to teach that white people were God's people. Jehovah Witnesses do this. Many cults do this. I don't know where you fit in. I just know where you don't fit in.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watch the lies. I never said you were a hyper anything (regardless of what I believe).
You are lumping us all in the group. Your deception won't get by me John. I know you are calling me, and others here hyper-calvinists. Don't try to slither out of it you lying snake.

I am saying that by basing the gospel on what you believe is implied on Scripture rather than on what is written is something that hyper-Calvinists do.
And who here has done that? PROVE IT.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Nancy

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More lies. You have to take the post out of context to make it say what you say it says.
No. Both of our posts are there. Your's was in reply to mine.

Here is the context:
... I was asking for passages stating what you believe. That way we can discuss the actual text of Scripture and not your ideas about the topic.....
And your reply:
That's not how good theology works....

And the source: Calvinism
:rolleyes:

Try again, kid.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My theology is very sound of course...but you have to go back in history before the corruption of the gospel for it to make sense.

Today...as the bible said...many have turned aside to fables. This is the popular and now accepted way to distort the truth to one's favour...to the favour of carnal men. And it from these fables that you make your errant judgments.
I think that a huge part of this is that people do not see Scripture as sufficient. For years I taught Calvinism and I believed that it was somehow in Scripture even though it was not stated in the text of Scripture.

When I examined Penal Substitution Theory I came to realize that Scripture is, in fact, complete without any additions. It was at first difficult for me to divorce my traditions from Scripture, but when I did I came to wonder why I held them anyway.

That is where some are today. They have adopted the fables and human wisdom, the vain philosophies, because they believe theology is dependent on these things. I am sure when they read Scripture they automatically read into the passages those theories and ideas (I know I did). It is difficult to turn away from ourselves and our own philosophies and rely on God.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the full post and you know it you lying serpent.
That's why I provided the link. For the intellectually impaired here is the full post:

I read the passages. Perhaps you misunderstood. I was not asking for the passages through which you would weave your theology. I was asking for passages stating what you believe. That way we can discuss the actual text of Scripture and not your ideas about the topic.

Here is an example. I believe that both condemning the righteous and justifying the wicked are alike abominations to God. Here is why:
He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous, Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD. Proverbs 17:15
Now you can try with the idea that on the Cross God was punishing Christ instead of punishing us.

Again, until you are able to provide verses stating your beliefs by highlighting the actual words there is really nothing to discuss.

That's not how good theology works. With that mindset you shouldn't believe in the Trinity either.
:rolleyes:

Last edited: