Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Carl Emerson

Will you be including the Filioque clause (Nicene Creed - and the Son proceedeth)

Given that the forum forbids argument concerning the trinity, it is best to allow both inclusion and exclusion as such matters are part of the mystery of Gods makeup and we may even ponder with awe on such matters even in eternity.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Given that the forum forbids argument concerning the trinity, it is best to allow both inclusion and exclusion as such matters are part of the mystery of Gods makeup and we may even ponder with awe on such matters even in eternity.
It is not about the Trinity, it is about what is scriptural or not. The early church, which did not include it in the Nicene Creed, were certainly not non-Trinitarians.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.

So you see it is not included.

It is also about the sufficiency of your knowledge, in the role of teaching. But I am willing to give it a go.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is not about the Trinity, it is about what is scriptural or not. The early church, which did not include it in the Nicene Creed, were certainly not non-Trinitarians.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.

So you see it is not included.

It is also about the sufficiency of your knowledge, in the role of teaching. But I am willing to give it a go.

I have been warned by the Mod's more than once to avoid this area of debate and I intend to comply.

Frankly there are some aspects of God's existence that the rational mind fails to grasp even with the testimony of Scripture. His timelessness is a good example. But hey - I am wanting to create a safe space for folks to explore the Truth of God without the aggressive argument or excessive intellectualism so commonly seen.

Reactions: Azim and Rita

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Trinity rule is about arguing over whether Christ is a created or non created being, right? This is about the Holy Spirit being co-equal. Is that a specific rule? Please cite it thanks.

Failure in understanding theology and doctrine is the bane of the age we are in.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Trinity rule is about arguing over whether Christ is a created or non created being, right? This is about the Holy Spirit being co-equal. Is that a specific rule? Please cite it thanks.

Failure in understanding theology and doctrine is the bane of the age we are in.

Reactions: Carl Emerson

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Still cannot see how this is connected, as the subject I am questioning is about the Creed, not the fact of the Trinity and why it was altered, whether this is in accordance with scripture to refuse to obey elders of the church.