Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have a request from a member to lead a Bible study.

Is there interest in this if I was to commit the time - to make it worth while we would need enough folks to participate.

Thoughts ??

Reactions: Azim

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is there interest in this if I was to commit the time - to make it worth while we would need enough folks to participate.

Thoughts ??
Carl, if you were to lead a Bible study, readers should know your theological views up front. Do you associate your theology, your understanding of scripture, with that of any known denomination so we know your perspective? How about a Confession of Faith such as the Westminster Confession, or maybe the Lutheran's Book of Concord? Can you give the Confession or Catechism you embrace? If you come back with something like "No Creed but the Bible", no one knows what garbage you may be spouting; and that may be nothing but the Creed of Carl Emerson.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Thoughts ??
On what subject?

Reactions: MA2444

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Carl, if you were to lead a Bible study, readers should know your theological views up front. Do you associate your theology, your understanding of scripture, with that of any known denomination so we know your perspective? How about a Confession of Faith such as the Westminster Confession, or maybe the Lutheran's Book of Concord? Can you give the Confession or Catechism you embrace? If you come back with something like "No Creed but the Bible", no one knows what garbage you may be spouting; and that may be nothing but the Creed of Carl Emerson.

First off, I am responding to request not pushing anything.

My background - no formal denominational training. Attended the Bible Collage of NZ (Non- Denominational) University Major in Phenomenology of Religion.

Grounded in an Anglican Church but early years in Baptist and Charismatic churches. Comfortable with Nicene Creed.

My style is devotional learning, relating to the Scripture as a treasure rather than a text book.

My son is doing a degree in theology at the same Bible College and keeps me away from Hetrodoxy :)

I have some profile on Christian Forums but largely unknown here.

I hold that personal theology should be every growing in an open heart but needs fundamental foundations to stand.

I would present a broad overview first then tackle the Gospels and Acts, and the Epistles.

There would need to be a reasonable demand as I have a busy life.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First off, I am responding to request not pushing anything.

My background - no formal denominational training. Attended the Bible Collage of NZ (Non- Denominational) University Major in Phenomenology of Religion.

Grounded in an Anglican Church but early years in Baptist and Charismatic churches. Comfortable with Nicene Creed.

My style is devotional learning, relating to the Scripture as a treasure rather than a text book.

My son is doing a degree in theology at the same Bible College and keeps me away from Hetrodoxy :)

I have some profile on Christian Forums but largely unknown here.

I hold that personal theology should be every growing in an open heart but needs fundamental foundations to stand.

I would present a broad overview first then tackle the Gospels and Acts, and the Epistles.

There would need to be a reasonable demand as I have a busy life.
Philippians 3:7-11
But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Philippians 3:7-11
But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
I agree with Paul.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If there is enough interest I would do a 45 minute session on video conference with home work in between.

Those interested PM me and we can set up a group chat.

I will not have all the answers but I may be able to help with questions that arise.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would be interested but not in doing it on chat, it’s just too complicated with time zones - but if it was a video that could be watched at any time. Homework , does that mean we will get a gold star if we answer correctly xx

Reactions: Angelina

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I would be interested but not in doing it on chat, it’s just too complicated with time zones - but if it was a video that could be watched at any time. Homework , does that mean we will get a gold star if we answer correctly xx

Yes, maybe a presentation on Youtube and we can dialogue on a group PM here on the forum.

Does anyone know how many members can be on a PM together?

Gold stars will have to wait until after resurrection sorry.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Those committed to learn would be able to dialogue together without interference from protagonists.

Open forums are like a jungle of ideas and agenda's - but hey, what do you folks think about that ???

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can understand your desire for someone to study the Bible with you. We are supposed to be students and later teachers but what were we taught that we then want to continue transmitting to others?

The way you propose it, it seems that you want to be the teacher of those who accept. It seems a little dangerous to the spirituality of believers to accept a teacher they know nothing about, even if he says he has references to theological or religious institutions of some kind, or even if it is an independent "theology."

Since there is so much AI on the internet right now and so many bots acting like people, why not show off your Bible knowledge on the forum, giving others the opportunity to exchange Bible knowledge with you?

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Those committed to learn would be able to dialogue together without interference from protagonists.

Open forums are like a jungle of ideas and agenda's - but hey, what do you folks think about that ???

I would expect that participants would input good inspiration so the collective outcome would be fruitful and way beyond my offering.

Lets hear some more voices on this...

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've followed your posts on another forum. I would be interested in joining the study.

Reactions: GTW27

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can freely open as many threads as you like in this forum, so you'll be able to dialogue with as many people as wish to participate in your topics.

Why don't you take advantage of the opportunity that this forum offers you?

There are many other platforms where you can propose to people and set up an audience for your conferences or speeches.

Reactions: Cassandra

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I can understand your desire for someone to study the Bible with you. We are supposed to be students and later teachers but what were we taught that we then want to continue transmitting to others?

The way you propose it, it seems that you want to be the teacher of those who accept. It seems a little dangerous to the spirituality of believers to accept a teacher they know nothing about, even if he says he has references to theological or religious institutions of some kind, or even if it is an independent "theology."

Since there is so much AI on the internet right now and so many bots acting like people, why not show off your Bible knowledge on the forum, giving others the opportunity to exchange Bible knowledge with you?

A teacher in the Spirit of the New Testament will 'draw out' not shove in... check out the Greek for 'educate'

This is being proposed not because it is my idea but because I was requested to do it.

If you want to sample my input over the last 7 years see Christian Forums here Carl Emerson

You will find almost 15,000 posts.

Reactions: Azim

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just an idea but we do have means to limit who can access a thread - so if you did want to do a serious study, only those who show a genuine interest could have that access - would that be okay @Angelina.

Reactions: Angelina

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through this forum and other sites on the internet, I have come to know that there are many ex-Christians who are dedicated to destroying the faith of believers through false "updated" knowledge on biblical topics.

They are making believers believe that they do not have to believe in biblical veracity, but that it is just a picture book with subliminal teachings, in the style of fables with morals.

So they are made to believe that Adam and Eve were not real people, that the people of Israel were never in Egypt, that the Israelite nation did not come from a man named Abraham who was called by Jehovah to leave his hometown, that Moses did not write the Pentateuch neither brought the Israelites out of Egypt nor did they wander for 40 years in the desert, that angels are not spirits, that Isaiah and Daniel did not completely write their books...and dozens of other lies spread by false Christians who have left deceived by unbelievers and now those believers who have lost their faith in the Bible want to transmit these falsehoods to others so that they follow in their footsteps.

So you can already see how dangerous it is to believe anyone who claims to be a teacher of faith.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra