Biblical Mary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you should understand types

the ark is a type of Mary
No it's not.

The ark is everyone now that has the Holy Ghost.

She is not the only one that needed the Holy Ghost at Pentecost.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Advocate not Paraclete
Mary help me of Christians pray for us!
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Mary or Jesus?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Mary or Jesus?

Jesus the only mediator of the covenant in justice and truth

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, not Mary.

Forget it, she is dead.

Not dead

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

anyone can intercede between us and Christ!

notice Mary did not wait to be asked, she already knew probably by the HS her spouse that they had no wine

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not dead

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

anyone can intercede between us and Christ!

notice Mary did not wait to be asked, she already knew probably by the HS her spouse that they had no wine

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11
Ick!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even in the ot Solomon did as his mother and queen asked!!
Well that is not entirely true.

I kings 2 :19-26
19 When Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak to him for Adonijah, the king stood up to meet her, bowed down to her and sat down on his throne. He had a throne brought for the king’s mother, and she sat down at his right hand.

20 “I have one small request to make of you,” she said. “Do not refuse me.”

The king replied, “Make it, my mother; I will not refuse you.”

21 So she said, “Let Abishag the Shunammite be given in marriage to your brother Adonijah.”

22 King Solomon answered his mother, “Why do you request Abishag the Shunammite for Adonijah? You might as well request the kingdom for him—after all, he is my older brother—yes, for him and for Abiathar the priest and Joab son of Zeruiah!”

23 Then King Solomon swore by the Lord: “May God deal with me, be it ever so severely, if Adonijah does not pay with his life for this request! 24 And now, as surely as the Lord lives—he who has established me securely on the throne of my father David and has founded a dynasty for me as he promised—Adonijah shall be put to death today!” 25 So King Solomon gave orders to Benaiah son of Jehoiada, and he struck down Adonijah and he died.

Well, guess who got refused?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that is not entirely true.

I kings 2 :19-26
19 When Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak to him for Adonijah, the king stood up to meet her, bowed down to her and sat down on his throne. He had a throne brought for the king’s mother, and she sat down at his right hand.

20 “I have one small request to make of you,” she said. “Do not refuse me.”

The king replied, “Make it, my mother; I will not refuse you.”

21 So she said, “Let Abishag the Shunammite be given in marriage to your brother Adonijah.”

22 King Solomon answered his mother, “Why do you request Abishag the Shunammite for Adonijah? You might as well request the kingdom for him—after all, he is my older brother—yes, for him and for Abiathar the priest and Joab son of Zeruiah!”

23 Then King Solomon swore by the Lord: “May God deal with me, be it ever so severely, if Adonijah does not pay with his life for this request! 24 And now, as surely as the Lord lives—he who has established me securely on the throne of my father David and has founded a dynasty for me as he promised—Adonijah shall be put to death today!” 25 So King Solomon gave orders to Benaiah son of Jehoiada, and he struck down Adonijah and he died.

Well, guess who got refused?

she asked for a marrige
Honor Thy father and mother

notice he bowed down to her
He had a throne for her

queen mother

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so intercession is ok
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he(Jesus) maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Not Mary, Joseph or saint Bernard or any other bleeding statues, etc.