Biggest mistake of the church and we need to go back

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • John 10:16 (ESV)
    And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
There is estimated to be 33,000 denominations all around the world they do not hold to the teachings of the One Sheppard and 99% of the church doesn't even represent Christ in its name.

did you survey them all or are you spitballing?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Ron, yes sir he did, but he also stated they have to worship God in spirit and truth. Isa 2:2-4 comes into play here, if we are living in the last days as many believe, then that scripture is being fulfilled. Therefore if one chooses not to go to Jehovah's house for instruction, and therefore does not walk in His paths, why would you think He would accept that? Would you? There are many examples of those who refused to accept His provisions, and the results of such.

And what do YOU call Yahwehs house? I know Isaiah speaks of the Mileenial temple to still be built, but what say you? This passage is not fulfilled or even started to be fulfilled yet. Lots of negative stuff to happen before this positive starts.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No thank you.

If I quote "By His stripes we are healed" and claim that that proved that God heals all illness, so a Christian should never be sick.
  • That would be a misuse of that scripture.
  • Claiming that is a misuse of that scripture does not mean that I believe God does not heal diseases, it means that I believe that "healing all diseases" is not the subject of that scripture.
  • Asking me to then prove from scripture that God does not heal diseases to counter my criticism of the misuse of that verse is inappropriate.

I have taken NO POSITION on the concept of a Just War.
I have rejected the use of 2 Corinthians 10:3 as a verse condemning the concept of a Just War.
I didn't think you would be able to, but it is a relatively easy topic to understand. The Bible leaves on room for doubt on it so if you decide that you would like to see what the Bible really teaches on the subject, i would certainly be glad to assist you with it At. Thank you for your response, and hope that you will be willing to investigate it further.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what do YOU call Yahwehs house? I know Isaiah speaks of the Mileenial temple to still be built, but what say you? This passage is not fulfilled or even started to be fulfilled yet. Lots of negative stuff to happen before this positive starts.

I gather you do not think we have entered into the last days yet Ron? Is there a group of people on earth that actually do worship the God of Jacob? Is there a group of people who go out and invite others to worship that God and be instructed in His ways? Is there a group of people who are all instructed in God's ways and actually live His ways? Is there a group of people today who do all those three who have beaten their swords into plowshears as well? Keep in mind the parallel prophecy found at Micah 4:1-5 ends this way sir: (Micah 4:5) . . .For all the peoples will walk, each in the name of its god, But we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God forever and ever. So the nations are still here during this time period.

We believe it is being fulfilled under your very eyes sir, and rather easy to identify those of whom it is referring to. Please do not think me haughty, as I know when things are in writing it is hard to read body language, but I fully believe that if you honestly think about it, you will see it as well.

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a group of people today who do all those three who have beaten their swords into plowshears as well?

Methinks you have missed a group, or have conbined the efforts of "a" group, in "blanketing" the entire group.
Zechariah 2:
6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the Lord: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the Lord.
7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.

Why would one take one's gospel armor "the sword of the spirit", and beat them into plowshares?
Even to the point of arming oneself, or even "the army of God" for that matter? o_O

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I quote "By His stripes we are healed" and claim that that proved that God heals all illness, so a Christian should never be sick.
  • That would be a misuse of that scripture.
  • Claiming that is a misuse of that scripture does not mean that I believe God does not heal diseases, it means that I believe that "healing all diseases" is not the subject of that scripture.
  • Asking me to then prove from scripture that God does not heal diseases to counter my criticism of the misuse of that verse is inappropriate.
YEP... that is what the Word of Faith "false preachers/teachers" base their views on... I heard that line so much I had to pray to not let it offend me as it is SCRIPTURE.... Sadly... many take scripture out of context and form an entire doctrine upon it.

I believe that CHRIST is coming for His SPOTLESS BRIDE... She will rise out of all these denominations to form the TRUE CHURCH.... The end time church will be BEAUTIFUL... She will be PURE... and very POWERFUL... With that said... many believers will not take heed to the call to repent and come out of false religion.... It's starting already... God is bringing much darkness to light... It's a glorious thing...and a frightening thing all at the same time.

Reactions: atpollard

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gather you do not think we have entered into the last days yet Ron? Is there a group of people on earth that actually do worship the God of Jacob? Is there a group of people who go out and invite others to worship that God and be instructed in His ways? Is there a group of people who are all instructed in God's ways and actually live His ways? Is there a group of people today who do all those three who have beaten their swords into plowshears as well? Keep in mind the parallel prophecy found at Micah 4:1-5 ends this way sir: (Micah 4:5) . . .For all the peoples will walk, each in the name of its god, But we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God forever and ever. So the nations are still here during this time period.

We believe it is being fulfilled under your very eyes sir, and rather easy to identify those of whom it is referring to. Please do not think me haughty, as I know when things are in writing it is hard to read body language, but I fully believe that if you honestly think about it, you will see it as well.

Well we have been living in the last days since May 14, 1948 when Gods prophetic clock began ticking again!

Are you a Jehovahs Witness? You write like one.

The body of Christ (composed of believers in all denominations and sectrs) live and exalt the name of Jesus! As we are commanded to Remember that until eternity begins again ( a misnomer I know but we are speaking when time as we know it ends) Jesus will submit Himself back to His Father.. But untill then He is King of Kiongs and Lord of Lords aqnd the Father has given HIm a name above every name- and that includes the name Yahweh!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Methinks you have missed a group, or have conbined the efforts of "a" group, in "blanketing" the entire group.
Zechariah 2:
6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the Lord: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the Lord.
7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.

Why would one take one's gospel armor "the sword of the spirit", and beat them into plowshares?
Even to the point of arming oneself, or even "the army of God" for that matter? o_O
Hi Neighbor Bear, that is the weapons we Christians bear, Bear. ;) Perhaps you overlooked that the account in Isaiah and 2 Cor are referring to carnal warfare. We Christians are in a spiritual warfare for sure as you accurately pointed out, but do not get involved in fleshly conflicts.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well we have been living in the last days since May 14, 1948 when Gods prophetic clock began ticking again!

Are you a Jehovahs Witness? You write like one.

The body of Christ (composed of believers in all denominations and sectrs) live and exalt the name of Jesus! As we are commanded to Remember that until eternity begins again ( a misnomer I know but we are speaking when time as we know it ends) Jesus will submit Himself back to His Father.. But untill then He is King of Kiongs and Lord of Lords aqnd the Father has given HIm a name above every name- and that includes the name Yahweh!

Yes I am one of Jehovah's witnesses, same as Jesus was, and of course we disagree on the date. Time will reveal if one of us are correct. I am glad we can agree that we have entered into the last days of this system though. Most faiths do believe that. Although the Bible does say what you quoted, we disagree that Jesus' name is above Jehovah's name. But I fully understand why you would say that, as well as a good defense when the subject comes up in the future. I will say however Ron, that you did teach me something today, as I was ignorant of that. It is illogical to me however that Jehovah would elevate Jesus name, which is meaning authority, to be above His. The Bible clearly pointed out that Jesus is in the #2 position in heaven as he is God's right hand man (#2) and under God 1 Cor 11:3

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I am one of Jehovah's witnesses, same as Jesus was, and of course we disagree on the date. Time will reveal if one of us are correct. I am glad we can agree that we have entered into the last days of this system though. Most faiths do believe that. Although the Bible does say what you quoted, we disagree that Jesus' name is above Jehovah's name. But I fully understand why you would say that, as well as a good defense when the subject comes up in the future. I will say however Ron, that you did teach me something today, as I was ignorant of that. It is illogical to me however that Jehovah would elevate Jesus name, which is meaning authority, to be above His. The Bible clearly pointed out that Jesus is in the #2 position in heaven as he is God's right hand man (#2) and under God 1 Cor 11:3

Yes Jesus is God the Son and in the position within the God head He is below the Father.

However as to His name?

Philippians 2:5-11
King James Version

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Now in a Hebrew N.T. verse 11 has Jesus Christ is Yahweh to the glory of God the Father!

And verse 9 the Watchtower intentionally altered Scripture here by adding the "other" after every. Other appears no where in the manuscripts. They have foisted a lie upon their membership. And those who decided to twist teh Scriptures her will stand in judgment beofee the Lord Jesus Christ!

By giving Jesus'name and making it above every nam,e, God is glorified! That is all we need to know and not let some slick philosdophical campaign by a man made organization alter this simple truth of Scripture.

If I seem a bit harsh-well I am. I love Jehovahs Witnesses- they are objects of the blood Jesus shed and His physical resurrection.

But the watchtower organization though it appears so righteous and good is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Jesus is God the Son and in the position within the God head He is below the Father.

However as to His name?

Philippians 2:5-11
King James Version

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Now in a Hebrew N.T. verse 11 has Jesus Christ is Yahweh to the glory of God the Father!

And verse 9 the Watchtower intentionally altered Scripture here by adding the "other" after every. Other appears no where in the manuscripts. They have foisted a lie upon their membership. And those who decided to twist teh Scriptures her will stand in judgment beofee the Lord Jesus Christ!

By giving Jesus'name and making it above every nam,e, God is glorified! That is all we need to know and not let some slick philosdophical campaign by a man made organization alter this simple truth of Scripture.

If I seem a bit harsh-well I am. I love Jehovahs Witnesses- they are objects of the blood Jesus shed and His physical resurrection.

But the watchtower organization though it appears so righteous and good is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

We disagree sir, would you like to reason from the scriptures on it?

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Neighbor Bear, that is the weapons we Christians bear, Bear. ;) Perhaps you overlooked that the account in Isaiah and 2 Cor are referring to carnal warfare. We Christians are in a spiritual warfare for sure as you accurately pointed out, but do not get involved in fleshly conflicts.

I can't say as I'm really all that surprised in your response, as it reflects many many of (ahem) believers.
What you may not be aware of, or purposefully disregard, or ignore, is that "carnality" is in every person. Some, more then others, according to one's faith. Some, who invest their "talent/s" in fighting this spiritual warfare and succeeding, get even more "carnality" to war against, for even more reward/s.
Some even get to a point of rewards, that they would include such a thing as a 2nd amendment to a "government of man."

Or?
One could be a "conscientious objector", I suppose, and simply allow the "carnality" to remain the "lawnmower", while they "cut your grass." Or rob your house, and steal away your children.
Ya see what I'm trying to say here?
"Carnality" itself, is on many different levels. Levels that should include a physical response TO "spiritual stimuli." Without the traditions of man, and precepts of men making void the Word of God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't say as I'm really all that surprised in your response, as it reflects many many of (ahem) believers.
What you may not be aware of, or purposefully disregard, or ignore, is that "carnality" is in every person. Some, more then others, according to one's faith. Some, who invest their "talent/s" in fighting this spiritual warfare and succeeding, get even more "carnality" to war against, for even more reward/s.
Some even get to a point of rewards, that they would include such a thing as a 2nd amendment to a "government of man."

Or?
One could be a "conscientious objector", I suppose, and simply allow the "carnality" to remain the "lawnmower", while they "cut your grass." Or rob your house, and steal away your children.
"Carnality" itself, is on many different levels. Levels that should include a physical response TO "spiritual stimuli." Without the traditions of man, and precepts of men making void the Word of God.

Or?

Would you like to delve into it a little deeper to see what the Bible has to say about it sir? You share some scriptures as to why you think it is appropriate for a Christian to war, and then I will share a few.

One line of reasoning is that Christians are to be identified by the love they have among themselves. They are from every nation as well, would it be love to execute your brother in war? Really Jesus defined that love as the willingness to surrender your life in behalf of them did he not?

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are from every nation as well, would it be love to execute your brother in war?

I take a more "Patton approach" to "churchiosity."
In that "I'd rather make the enemy die for their god, then me die for my God!"
I find it rather odd that even the sovereign "God/State/Nation" Of Israel trained and had a standing army! Yet "Christendom" has none?
Even Jesus Himself used violence in clearing out the Temple of God!
It is people like you that cry "peace....peace!" Yet? There is no peace!
Ezekiel 13:
3 Thus saith the Lord God; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!
5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the Lord.
6 They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The Lord saith: and the Lord hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.
9 And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord God.
10 Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:
14 So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
16 To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord God.
18 And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?
19 And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?
20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will TEAR them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly. (ALL ABOARD THE "RAPTURE TRAIN!)
22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:
23 Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

.....And the news media reports and scratches their heads in bewilderment as to why there is such an increasing number of people who have either stopped going to "churches of stone", or who don't/won't attend "churches of stone!"

I also find it rather odd that here we are in the 4th quarter of this football game of this current earth/heaven age. And here is the "churchiosity" team? Still in warm up practice!
After 2,000 + YEARS?

Luke 22:36
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
To every season(?) Turn, turn, TURN!

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. sorry it took so long to reply. My old computer died and I had to get a new one and spend yesterday getting the new one loaded and coordinated for me.,

Although my 'puter didn't die.....yet, anyways :) . I have been experiencing an awful lot of "internet wonkiness" as of late!
Little screen in the system tray shows I have internet access. But, when switching tabs or surfing somewhere else? Browser tells me it can't seem to find U-toob, or anywhere else I might go. Run network adapter diagnostics and it tells me DNS server is not recognized, or something like that.
DARN them Russia and China hackers anyways! Er wherever they may be from! :mad:

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one faith and that is given by God to each individual. Some have weak faith and some strong, but let's not go off on a tangent. Keep it simple. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb. 11:1
That faith particularly is the belief that Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures. And we believe in His promises of eternal life and all His blessings, guidance, protection and plan foe our lives.
So in essence, these denominational variations are irrelevant because God gave all the people who believe that special gift that acrually varies with each individual. All our lives are different, different life experiences that our faith is designed for.
You can't invalidate God's gift - sounds like you are. Every single person is unique in their faith and God has each one of us in His hands. So don't fret as if Christianity has gone off the deep end ... God is in control. That is what sovereignty means. Up to the minute, every Christian written in the Book of Life has been saved, right on schedule. God will deal with the errors. He factors in all our blunders and errors into His perfect plan for us. To say things aren't going as they should is telling God we are somehow messing up His plan -impossible.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • John 10:16 (ESV)
    And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
There is estimated to be 33,000 denominations all around the world they do not hold to the teachings of the One Sheppard and 99% of the church doesn't even represent Christ in its name.
And the RCC for sure dont . We , as in this generation , are in dire trouble .
Cause now we got a false solution growing . Its a false love , a false unity and its all inclusive and let by THE RCC . Yet most dont realize
this at all . Your right , JESUS , the JESUS of the bible , most do not know at all . And that is dangerous .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And the RCC for sure dont . We , as in this generation , are in dire trouble .
Cause now we got a false solution growing . Its a false love , a false unity and its all inclusive and let by THE RCC . Yet most dont realize
this at all . Your right , JESUS , the JESUS of the bible , most do not know at all . And that is dangerous .
Let us keep growing in the biblical Lord Jesus Christ and stay in those bibles.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. sorry it took so long to reply. My old computer died and I had to get a new one and spend yesterday getting the new one loaded and coordinated for me.,

My email address is [email protected] if you would like a faster response sir. Be glad to. I will start by mentioning one of the most quoted scriptures John 3:16, may I ask how that would play into Jesus being "God the Son"