Bitcoin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no matter what you think of trump, he wants the US to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel by moving the US embassy there, and the world and the US politician is in a tizzy over it. why?
we are no longer a neutral broker for peace.

Reactions: bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a big vulnerability with BTC has been that while ledger hanky panky won't work, you gotta store your wallet key somewhere, and if that can be found, your BTC is gone. Of course it can be traced, but that is rather tedious i guess, and not in anyone else's interest to do, unless another crime was committed using it; but they'll get a handle on that too imo.
The private keys can also be stored using a hardware wallet which uses smartcards or USB devices to generate and secure private keys offline.

A hardware wallet, offline? how about a chip in one's hands or forehead....... (smile).

Peace in Christ Yeshua

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
A hardware wallet, offline? how about a chip in one's hands or forehead....... (smile).
ha, you post good stuff, but you then make it impossible for me to "like" lol.

if there is a connect between the two that does not exist with a wallet full of dollars, i'm missing it i guess

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, you post good stuff, but you then make it impossible for me to "like" lol.

if there is a connect between the two that does not exist with a wallet full of dollars, i'm missing it i guess
implanted Computer chip.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
just ignore the price, iow, and go buy $100 worth of BTC, and then compare its value in a year to $100 in the bank.

I'm not looking into buying it but yes you are correct, $100 would be less than a cent of a bitcoin or whatever, but that 0.005 bitcoin or whatever it is, could be soon worth $30,000 Australian dollars if it keeps rising that quick in a year or a bit. But can it keep it up? Or will it just be like when people were spending crazy amounts on Tulips hundreds of years ago or so, and then all of a sudden people didn't want tulips anymore? But if you sold it at the right time, before such a thing happened, you would be in for a big profit on that $100.

Then there is the other thing, how rich can the west get? It's eventually gotta lose it's value if everyone was that rich.

But just about any other investment is better than earning interest of $100 in a bank.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm not looking into buying it but yes you are correct, $100 would be less than a cent of a bitcoin or whatever, but that 0.005 bitcoin or whatever it is, could be soon worth $30,000 Australian dollars if it keeps rising that quick in a year or a bit. But can it keep it up? Or will it just be like when people were spending crazy amounts on Tulips hundreds of years ago or so, and then all of a sudden people didn't want tulips anymore? But if you sold it at the right time, before such a thing happened, you would be in for a big profit on that $100.
i'd go to LTC at the moment anyway, but the same principle holds against tulips or dollars, that being that both of those are assailable, whereas blockchain is not, see; the closest analogs would be gold or silver, and dollars come way down the list. Manure would be in front of dollars on this list, having at least a practical value.

Can the rise continue? Why not ask yourself if the fall of the dollar can continue? Name a manipulated fiat that has not gone to zero eventually; that is what you are invested in right now. The point is not really to speculate for profit, see, even if that is the focus at the moment. The point is to insure against deflation, since blockchain cannot be manipulated like the dollar and gold are
Then there is the other thing, how rich can the west get? It's eventually gotta lose it's value if everyone was that rich.
here you seem to equate the west with BTC, when they are the adversaries of each other, essentially. You live in an Empire in the decline/decadence stage, as a satellite of the US; and history provides us with no empires that have survived the decadence stage yet

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so you say, yes.

fwiw gold and silver are still heavily maniped, despite the recent "settlement," and likely about due for another breakout, gold anyway

I was always told that Gold and Silver were the safest bet of all . Is this not true?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so you say, yes.

fwiw gold and silver are still heavily maniped, despite the recent "settlement," and likely about due for another breakout, gold anyway

Ye, i do have some gold mining shares in a smaller gold mining operation, still pretty cheap, but it can really rise if it rises. Just need some nice gold veins to be found. You never know what they might find. :D

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was always told that Gold and Silver were the safest bet of all . Is this not true?

Silver has room to rise, it's down lower at the moment at $16 an ounce, it has made it to $45 before though, and Gold that kinda just keeps rising over time....

I would say though Silver is pretty safe at the moment though for the price it is at, and gold well that's been pretty safe for a long time.

But if you have some old silver coins kicking around, check out how much they are worth, some of them are worth quite a bit, depending on how many were circulated, what year it was, etc.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, it's complicated lol, bc G&S have intrinsic value that $ or BTC do not, but obviously most ppl have more invested in $ than gold regardless of this truth, so why is that? Bc "safest" is not the only metric we use, right. Personally i would examine the fungibility of G&S or BTC--an ounce of gold mined 100 years ago still = an ounce of gold mined today, see; the first BTC mined 8 years ago = the BTC you can buy today; but the first dollar you earned is not worth the dollar you earn today, even though it can be made to appear so, see, bc they both still look like a dollar, so the mind is fooled, and that the old $ would buy you a six pack whereas the new $ only gets you one is neglected.

So G&S are likely "safest," but IRL the point is that $ are the least safe, guaranteed to deflate, even as they remain viable mediums of exchange, for buying less and less every day, see, that is the bargain we make with the People We Cannot Even See, the Rothschilds or whoever, the Big Five who pull the strings from behind the curtain, you prolly know the ones, or well they are all on the board of the Federal Reserve anyway, right, that place that is not Federal, and has no reserves lol

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Silver has room to rise, it's down lower at the moment at $16 an ounce, it has made it to $45 before though, and Gold that kinda just keeps rising over time....
both are heavily manipulated, and gold does not rise in the manner you have described, does it? it has been at $12-1300 a zip for like ten years now, right.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
both are heavily manipulated, and gold does not rise in the manner you have described, does it? it has been at $12-1300 a zip for like ten years now, right.

Maybe not in that way, but long term yes it does, in 2012 it got close to $1900, I think both the USD and AUD were around the same amount at that time 2012, not that has anything to do with it though, but yet again it kinda does, because it's not far down from where it was for Australians at that time, we were in a mining boom, when the rest of the world was crashing as well, early 2016 it struck a low of $1100 USD, it's now $1266 USD, which would be $1653 in Aussie dollars, looking at a 15 year time frame though, gold is up heaps compared to $319 USD in 2003, it is 4 times the amount that, now if it rises another 4 times in the next 15 years, it's a wonderful investment, and it's a safe one, because it's "precious metal." So in the past year bitcoin has been slaughtering gold, but it's at $16000 at the moment, it has high jumps and the big falls all in one day, yesterday it was at $21000 at a certain point.

But the difference between Bitcoin and gold, is bitcoin is a digital internet currency, it's not a rarity in anyway, gold is a precious metal, and can be hard to find, unless if you have a mining operation of course with all the heavy machinery and stuff, but still the amount of gold you find to a tonne of rock and dirt, it's rare stuff, so in that way gold is a safer investment. Gold panning can even teach you a thing or 2, about how hard it is to find gold in the creek bed, even if you are experienced or lucky enough to get any gold in your pan the amount of grains of black sand and other minerals is far greater than the amount of small fine gold, and you would need quite a few successful pans to even amount to a gram or 2 of gold. You only need to go on the internet to find a bitcoin.

However mining shares though can be even better, if you get with the right mining company at the right time, at a cheap price, you can 10x to 30x your money over from anywhere in 2 - 10 years, but if you go looking for mining shares, don't go to the big guys, their shares cost more and they are less rewarding by far, have a look around at some of the smaller mining companies on the share market, and you will find some of their shares are pretty cheap at the moment, they can be like 500 times cheaper than the big miners or more, and much bigger gains can be made.