Bitcoin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I really don't think that whatever 'they' call the name of anything...it is all coming down...
Until mankind sees that the only treasure and value is God Himself...isn't it all just another Babel? Built by man, maintained by man...man looking for security on this earth...yet nothing is secure.
Banks, stocks, under the floor boards...nothing is secure or has real value.
It all going to turn to dust. We cannot save ourselves...

Reactions: 101G and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I really don't think that whatever 'they' call the name of anything...it is all coming down...
Until mankind sees that the only treasure and value is God Himself...isn't it all just another Babel? Built by man, maintained by man...man looking for security on this earth...yet nothing is secure.

Another point proven ^

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
um, say again?

um...you're on the internet right now, how many BTC you find today?

You can find 12 million bitcoin today, more bitcoins are circulating around than rare coins were produced, but that doesn't take away the fact that it is computer made, saying that, using rare coins as an example, if it costs 500 bucks for a coin that has been produce a few thousand times, is the bitcoin really worth 16000$ compared to that, since the bitcoin is not a rare coin.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You can find 12 million bitcoin today, more bitcoins are circulating around than rare coins were produced, but that doesn't take away the fact that it is computer made, saying that, using rare coins as an example, if it costs 500 bucks for a coin that has been produce a few thousand times, is the bitcoin really worth 16000$ compared to that, since the bitcoin is not a rare coin.
...yet you do not have one, right, but you do have a dollar, which imo your concept here seems much better suited to btw. Of course supply and demand drive the value of both compared to other currencies, but what is harder to see is the deflation in the value of the dollar, every time more debt is created (iow every time more $ are printed--which cannot be done with btc, see--the price of bread goes up) rare coins are a bad comparo imo, for several reasons; they can be faked, and strictly speaking are no longer a "medium of exchange," etc

"is the bitcoin really worth 16000$" heck no, the $ are not nearly that valuable, which is the only reason btc could rise at all, see. We are still figuring out what btc is "worth" in dollars, that are incidentally losing value as we speak, right, regardless of the "dollar index" which is not a metric of the dollar's buying power at all, which is guaranteed to decline, but a metric of its value compared to other debased currencies, right. A race to the bottom iow, all will go to zero, but the index just compares them to each other, see, never to a loaf of bread

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bitcoin continues to dive, it has been diving for the last few days and it now is at 14000usd after reaching a peak of around 21000 a few days ago. I think that's the end of the bitcoin craze.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Bitcoin continues to dive, it has been diving for the last few days and it now is at 14000usd after reaching a peak of around 21000 a few days ago. I think that's the end of the bitcoin craze.
what you are maybe missing is that it was already predicted to correct to about 11,000, see, which it did, for several minutes, before buyers rushed in to bring it back to 14k, where it is now. I think that's the end of BTC @ $11k lol, and in a couple months i bet we will be having this same convo about btc @ $18k, and then $26k, same thing that has been happening for 9 years now, see

understand what you just said; btc has "crashed" in your opinion, yet you cannot buy one for even ten thousand dollars, see. Btw you can go "short" btc on a $ exchange now, if you like, too (it might lend some credence to your pov :)); and best of luck to you.

i hear the same things from $ ppl everywhere wadr; the diff is, they are quietly buying btc with the other hand, see

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, but as the bible said Revelation 13:3 "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast". even we see Bitcoin continues to dive, I'm watching for it, or another Cryptocurrency to be healed, and continue stronger that bitcoin. so I'm watching.

peace in Christ Yeshua.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"4. The fourth stage of natural state formation is like the third with as main distinction that it has no central government. The citizens of a fourth stage state operate by means of a shared conviction. The actions and development of a fourth-stage state are not culled by the opinions or visions of a single governing body but are rather cultivated by a defining constitution much like the DNA of a multi-cellular organism. Among animals fourth stage states are common: bees and ants and the likes operate like that (like a "super-organism"), and in the human world perhaps the international "science-world" could be viewed as a fourth stage state (not based on what it knows but on how it works), and nowadays, of course, the Internet and most spectacularly blockchain technology. In literature this stage is celebrated as the Body of Christ, a.k.a. Ecclesia, or the New Jerusalem, obviously not to be confused with any formal church or religion. A fourth stage state can only be sustained when it is based on natural law; a law that doesn't change and is not affected by anybody's beliefs."
The amazing name Abraham: meaning and etymology

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

yea but the world is narcissistic, and will do anything to have itself, and keep itself, though it belongs to God. I don't remember where, but the Lord said something to the effect that He set the world in their hearts, so with that in mind one can see they can't escape it. what else do they have anyway? so don't hold it against them, they have what they love, even though they maybe wicked and unthankful.

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, nothing is touchable anymore except by God. who is in control of all currency be it actual or digital, it makes no difference. I guess many have read the Nostradamus predictions for 2018 about a crash. I guess that's what the markets go around, predictions. common sense tells us, nothing stays the same, change is coming. but how and to what degree is that change, no one know but God. he use to send prophets to warn "HIS PEOPLE" before a change or a disaster come. just as in the OP, Jeramiah Johnson, "No prophetic word. I just have a really bad feeling about it in my spirit and keep hearing the word “crash”. No prophetic word though". well let's see how many prophets come out of the wood work on this one. I'll be watching this thread also. not for any world changes in the markets, but the many so-called prophets who will make predictions in the name of the Lord Jesus. this concerns me more that the market itself.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

P.S. but all have a 50-50 chance of being right, or utterly wrong.
He still sends His prophets. The only difference is we live in a time of spiritual free agents, making the true prophets appear like so many others who spew nonsense. Consequently there is a lack of faith and respect for such things.

It's like the story of the good Samaritan: in those days one could see the wrong and turn and become like the good Samaritan. But today, the good Samaritan becomes the victim rather than the servant of the Lord. Hearts have grown hard. So one with a good Samaritan's heart must pick and choose. The same is true when it comes to prophecy.

Reactions: bbyrd009