Black preacher arrested after man complains about his preaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when do Christians need the government's or the police's permission to create an assembly in any Western country? This sounds more like Nazi Germany or the USSR than the good old UK (which is nor a total disaster zone). They are appointing Muslims to office left, right, and center, while attacking Christians and political conservatives.

Amen. It's a shift towards governmental control reminiscent of Nazi Germany that concerns me. We should not have to vacate an area because one individual does not want to hear what we're saying. Nor should an officer order one to move when they aren't breaking any law. That type of authoritarianism is dangerous.

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine, I didn't mean to change the subject. If someone doesn't want to Hear what you're saying, you're like, no one should peacefully stop your conversion?! I don't know you guys. Hey here's another one. The Police are basically there to follow every unsubstantiated lead and for no reason. I could probably cry, be at wits end, throw a tantrum, and tell the police my neighbor is a preacherman, and maybe the police would toss him out , better safe than sorry. that's my feeling on it. I've never seen Rule of Laws applied anywhere so much as an egalitarianizing rule of Man.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that Christians should not have to adhere to the same laws everyone else is required to? We all had the opportunity to help form all of these laws. And now you want special treatment where those laws are concerned?

The man was not breaking any laws Willie. He shouldn't have been ordered to leave because someone didn't like what he was saying. That's fascism.

Fascism
Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce, which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. The first fascist movements emerged in Italy during World War I before it spread to other European countries.Wikipedia

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like Willie T's logic on the thread throughout. So many Doctrines are Really, concerned in the Church, about this sort of thing, and the stance of aggressiveness of evangelism vs friendliness with your neighbors and all that goodness.

I want to use Willie T's logic on something else! Lets say I am Identified with topics concerning the Great Pumpkin. An internal group graded conversation that is cultural awareness had its internal e-mails turned in with a lot of influence from the Great Pumpkin to Professors. Now, you're in trouble for Great Pumpkin conversations! T Now, just watch, as , all the Professors, Degrade a Great Pumpkin conversation, in favor of any other conversation. You have to Defend the conversations they Identify me the Student having that conversation. Well anyway, for being a protected group or stance, for a long time, that does nothing at the College level really. They really on this occasion anyway, will say that you are the guy in the first post, they initiate All offenses on the topic and claim pushing religion, and can even deny entry and the reason is "religion". How would a student without contacts or preference "push religion", how would they "harass professors" who gave no heads up for prevention, who initiated anti-Christian messaging as the stance of the class, as one example and you profess, simple topic. They say this is probably very likely that public universities will discriminate the Christian minorities against the law.

I notice most of these are individuals in the express purpose of evangelism or preaching. I don't think I ever made any distractions in my 4 year degree. We should have a legal argument solely about the valid religio-philosophy as it Fits in with the ongoing instruction. See Koreans are Sunday moms, white males never are political troublemakers, the Professors have co-pilot in Jesus.

The man did not break any laws. If he did then I could wholeheartedly agree that he should have been reprimanded but to surrender our rights because someone doesn't like what we're saying is dangerous thinking. That's a slide into fascism and we all know where that leads.

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look I know about the First amendment, I know free speech, hey the internet helps . I got thrown out somebody privately decided I'm looking funny and reported it, where's the free speech, or what?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the main area that I agree with "Dominion Theology" (though I am not for it in many other areas) But, the majority of Christians want nothing to do with following God's laws in most areas... still, they want to balk when men's laws that they have preferred and voted into place don't suit them.

Truthfully, what would be your reply if I asked any of you whether you would rather follow God's laws, or man's laws? Most you would never admit it, but you would answer (to yourself) that you want a little of both.... whenever it suited you. (Well, so would I. But I doubt God sees it that way.)

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious so any of you have ever seen some street shouter and been attracted to that community? Where is it that they have more of this? Well I will talk about the 1900's in America very often, and Churches used to have Efforts to get States to make Sabbath laws, that is, re-model, follow God's laws, States will have hopefully , on the books anyway, the expectation you are going to church on Sunday. Nowadays? Well World War 2 invaded the Vatican as well, too. By the way, if my profile photo is out of place, I wish someone would let me know, Because, Eisenhower led a Church movement? Check Presbyterian reforms in 1958 in America. He's probably got commentaries on Arius.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look I know about the First amendment, I know free speech, hey the internet helps . I got thrown out somebody privately decided I'm looking funny and reported it, where's the free speech, or what?
Ya know, it takes a better man to decide he isn't going to get kicked off a forum... by altering his behavior... than it does to simply act willfully childish until you do get kicked off. Trying to satisfy yourself by saying "See. I KNEW they would kick me off", is pretty illogical rationalization.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya know, it takes a better man to decide he isn't going to get kicked off a forum...

Actually it apparently it "takes a better man" to kowtow to whatever "government agency"/"law enforcement"/"religious authority"/"employer"/""christian forum"/"landlord"/etc., than to want to "martyr" themselves whether by being kicked out of a "christian" forum; kicked out of a house; fired from work; kicked out of "church"; thrown in jail; or hung on a cross?

Who'd be so stupid as to do that?!?

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Soverign Grace
B

Butterfly

The man did not break any laws. If he did then I could wholeheartedly agree that he should have been reprimanded but to surrender our rights because someone doesn't like what we're saying is dangerous thinking. That's a slide into fascism and we all know where that leads.
Ok, he refused to move on - in certain areas you are going to get reactions to what people are doing- the article doesn't say how long he had been preaching, and the police did not get involved until it was causing a reaction. The man was given a choice to ' just leave ' so it was clearly not about the fact that he was preaching. I have no idea where the isalamicphobia came in as this is not what he was arrested for - the article sounds as if it was manipulated to come across as ' the Muslim mayor ' is reacting one way ' that the police are more concerned about this than the knife crime ' ect ect
There are guidelines for speaking out in this country ( the UK ) in a public area.
I live about 50 miles from London, there are preachers allowed to convey a message on the streets here - its not so much about what you are saying, but more about who reacts and whether or not you could ' incite ' something. We live in a society of people taking offence - that's the root of the problem, and you already have it in the USA.
I understand your concerns, and some of them are valid ones- we know things will change and get harder as its predicted - my concern is just how much time you spend looking for these issues and how much fear and concern it creates within you personally.
Rita

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not aware of any law that says that - are you? I used to hand out tracts and talk to people about God and never once did I give thought to it being against the law - but now of course in our litigious and police state society I'm going to watch what I do. Most people I met were receptive but all it takes is one person who hates believers or for Satan to stir someone up against you.

I don't have any feelings of guilt in evangelizing - we're told to do it - but now I don't think I will. I'll leave tracts around but won't talk to people after reading this. We're going to have to walk around with a law book under our arm.

Because our country is less and less Christian, then it certainly becomes more of a problem in public evangelizing. Before, no one would have been concerned. In fact they would have appreciated it. But, because there are so many non-believers and anti-christians, and muslims, who will call the law at the drop of a hat on a Christian evangelizing publicly, the law feels it has to act else it will appear partisan. And if you're standing in front of a place of business that has a sign that says no solicitation, then they can call the law and complain you are interfering with their business. It is definitely getting harder as a believer.

This is but a precursor of things to come. It is only going to get worse. It will eventually move into the Church meeting altogether. You will have to be careful what you say from the pulpit as some will visit your church to see what you are preaching. If they find you are preaching against the LGBT community, or against muslims, they will report you. It's coming.

I don't want to discourage you from doing what you believe the Lord wants you to do. There will comes a time when everyone will be at risk for witnessing about Jesus Christ. In other words, the law is slowly going against God. But we just must weigh the cost. Because it may well make us lawbreakers. And there is a time for us to be lawbreakers, yet submit to the powers that be. We just leave it to every man's spirit, as to what he believes God is leading him to do.

I will give an example in another post.

Stranger

B

Butterfly

Since when do Christians need the government's or the police's permission to create an assembly in any Western country? This sounds more like Nazi Germany or the USSR than the good old UK (which is nor a total disaster zone). They are appointing Muslims to office left, right, and center, while attacking Christians and political conservatives.
For goodness sake - get a grip - I am so pleased that you consider the UK not a total disaster zone !
What a relief to know, I only live here - So pleased the USA and Canada are doing so much better than us !!! ( from my prospective , with all the media, it's not that easy to see - if I believe everything that is !!! ) You got a good leader in charge over their in Canada Enoch, everything going in the right direction is it !!
This is slightly tongue in cheak by the way !
Rita

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have any feelings of guilt in evangelizing - we're told to do it - but now I don't think I will. I'll leave tracts around but won't talk to people after reading this. We're going to have to walk around with a law book under our arm.

You can become quite imaginative with a tract ministry, and be secretive about it. At restaurants we used to pull out several napkins out of the dispenser and stuff a tract in and put them back. A friend of mine would send a tract back with all junk mail he received if they provided a self addressed envelope. Go to parks, and leave them on a picnic table with a rock on top.

This is a true story of mine. Many years ago I needed a job. I applied at a place for which I was trained, and that was looking to hire someone. On the application, a certain question I answered revealed my Christian background. When I was interviewed by the owner, that was the only thing he was concerned over as he had trouble before with another person. I assured him I was here to work. So, he hired me.

Naturally, later a situation arose between me and another worker. This worker was somewhat unstable and prone to extreme anger. Yet he was always telling me what a great Christian he was. Then one day I am driving back in the company vehicle with him trying to get him to the shop because he had to leave early. But it was heavy traffic. He was getting mad. He started cussing and ranting and raving. I asked him if they taught cussing like that in the Church he went to. He went ballistic. By the time we got back to the shop he was ready to fight and told me he would. I warned him, go ahead, but understand I am a Christian but not a pacifist. We got back to the shop, he jumps out screaming and yelling, I get out and stand there anticipating a fight and the boss comes out and wants to know what the heck is going on. This man is out of control, the boss could see it and he told me to go home he would contact me later.

I figured that was it. The only problem the boss had with hiring me was my Christianity. Now, we had this big blow out and I had made the remark about this mans church. But, lo and behold, the boss called me that night and said come on back in the morning as that other man was crazy. So praise God, I kept my job for quite awhile.

But, this is just leading up to the example I wanted to give. I will do it in another post.

Stranger

Reactions: Butterfly

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continued from #(33)

With that other incident in mind but now out of the way, sometime later I went on a service call. The boss warned me the lady was a little weird but she was a good customer of his. Well, he was right, she was. Her place was somewhat secluded. Without getting into detail, I will say both her and her place resonated demonic activity. She was hard to find around her place and at times she at times would come out of the woods just looking bad. And there was a place in the woods that had a circle of stones with an altar type pile of rocks in the center.

My job there lasted several days. I noticed animals there one Friday and a strange person who I guess brought them. Then Monday they are gone. You can imagine what my thinking was as to where they went. My heart really went out to this woman. I wanted so much to witness to her about Jesus Christ. But now, with that other incident that occurred, and knowing she is a good customer, I would run a risk of losing my job if she got infuriated with me bringing up Jesus Christ, which she would have, as the spirit that had her bound would have screamed bloody murder. What could I do?

Well, I got some Christian tracts and I had only one more day to work there. When I got there I drove up to a strategically chosen place to park. One where it was not so obvious that a found tract would been placed there intentionally, but also where I knew they would be found. At the end of the day, and I was finished, I got in my truck, and I placed the tracts next to the drivers side of the door on the floor board. Then I got out of the truck, acting like something was lose in the back, and accidentally on purpose kicked them all out with my foot. Then got back in the truck and left. This way if she called the boss complaining of these tracts I could say they must have fell out of the truck. I didn't know about it.

Nothing was ever said. I have no idea whatever happened to the tracts or her. But I believe I did all I could do at the time. It was just a difficult situation. Understand, I believe the Lord would have been with me either way, whatever way I chose. But, I chose this way at that time.

Stranger

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...And there is a time for us to be lawbreakers ...

Rev. 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

If we do the simple math, and give up the last 20 or so of the years of our life to witness for Jesus, we get a 50:1 return on investment, PLUS we get to REIGN WITH JESUS!

Sounds like a good investment to me!
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you."

For those who aren't aware, there are several "audiences" which Scripture addresses: the Jews, the "religious" Jews, the world, and the "church". So if anyone misconstrues the "audience", -- well it happens, and with some it happens more often. :)

Bobby Jo

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
For those who aren't aware, there are several "audiences" which Scripture addresses: the Jews, the "religious" Jews, the world, and the "church". So if anyone misconstrues the "audience", -- well it happens, and with some it happens more often. :)

Bobby Jo
great point imo, not sure how to impress this upon Christian believers seeking an audience though, aside from my usual way, which is I guess pretty bald lol

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
great point imo, not sure how to impress this upon Christian believers seeking an audience though, aside from my usual way, which is I guess pretty bald lol

I think our "christian believers" are their own audience, -- so long as we can get them in their own theater. But so many are so confused as to which group they belong. It's a good thing there are plenty of 2nd grade teachers in the world, because THEY have experience dealing with those who need their hands held. :)

Bobby Jo

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it apparently it "takes a better man" to kowtow to whatever "government agency"/"law enforcement"/"religious authority"/"employer"/""christian forum"/"landlord"/etc., than to want to "martyr" themselves whether by being kicked out of a "christian" forum; kicked out of a house; fired from work; kicked out of "church"; thrown in jail; or hung on a cross?

Who'd be so stupid as to do that?!?

Bobby Jo

Very astute!

Reactions: Bobby Jo