Black preacher arrested after man complains about his preaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, he refused to move on - in certain areas you are going to get reactions to what people are doing- the article doesn't say how long he had been preaching, and the police did not get involved until it was causing a reaction. The man was given a choice to ' just leave ' so it was clearly not about the fact that he was preaching. I have no idea where the isalamicphobia came in as this is not what he was arrested for - the article sounds as if it was manipulated to come across as ' the Muslim mayor ' is reacting one way ' that the police are more concerned about this than the knife crime ' ect ect
There are guidelines for speaking out in this country ( the UK ) in a public area.
I live about 50 miles from London, there are preachers allowed to convey a message on the streets here - its not so much about what you are saying, but more about who reacts and whether or not you could ' incite ' something. We live in a society of people taking offence - that's the root of the problem, and you already have it in the USA.
I understand your concerns, and some of them are valid ones- we know things will change and get harder as its predicted - my concern is just how much time you spend looking for these issues and how much fear and concern it creates within you personally.
Rita

From memory, it was a Muslim who got aggressive towards the preacher and then reported him to the police. If someone can report another to police and get them in trouble that's a dangerous shift. America is on dangerous ground right now. We've had a shift towards fascism and the first steps are usually those where you want to right the ship.

I appreciate your concern - it's nice to see concern from another believer. I just enjoy discussing politics in between my other duties so please don't worry.

I followed the issue of Tommy Robinson on Breitbart for awhile. How is he doing?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continued from #(33)

With that other incident in mind but now out of the way, sometime later I went on a service call. The boss warned me the lady was a little weird but she was a good customer of his. Well, he was right, she was. Her place was somewhat secluded. Without getting into detail, I will say both her and her place resonated demonic activity. She was hard to find around her place and at times she at times would come out of the woods just looking bad. And there was a place in the woods that had a circle of stones with an altar type pile of rocks in the center.

My job there lasted several days. I noticed animals there one Friday and a strange person who I guess brought them. Then Monday they are gone. You can imagine what my thinking was as to where they went. My heart really went out to this woman. I wanted so much to witness to her about Jesus Christ. But now, with that other incident that occurred, and knowing she is a good customer, I would run a risk of losing my job if she got infuriated with me bringing up Jesus Christ, which she would have, as the spirit that had her bound would have screamed bloody murder. What could I do?

Well, I got some Christian tracts and I had only one more day to work there. When I got there I drove up to a strategically chosen place to park. One where it was not so obvious that a found tract would been placed there intentionally, but also where I knew they would be found. At the end of the day, and I was finished, I got in my truck, and I placed the tracts next to the drivers side of the door on the floor board. Then I got out of the truck, acting like something was lose in the back, and accidentally on purpose kicked them all out with my foot. Then got back in the truck and left. This way if she called the boss complaining of these tracts I could say they must have fell out of the truck. I didn't know about it.

Nothing was ever said. I have no idea whatever happened to the tracts or her. But I believe I did all I could do at the time. It was just a difficult situation. Understand, I believe the Lord would have been with me either way, whatever way I chose. But, I chose this way at that time.

Stranger

What an uplifting and creative story! And one to keep in mind if I need 'creative' ways to evangelize. I noted the anger in the one person who claimed to be a believer - that's often an attack by the enemy that many Christians overlook. I wish more churches would teach this.

I see that I'm going to have to be careful from now on when I evangelize. We're in a different world now, unfortunately. I still crave June and Ward's day.

B

Butterfly

From memory, it was a Muslim who got aggressive towards the preacher and then reported him to the police. If someone can report another to police and get them in trouble that's a dangerous shift. America is on dangerous ground right now. We've had a shift towards fascism and the first steps are usually those where you want to right the ship.

I appreciate your concern - it's nice to see concern from another believer. I just enjoy discussing politics in between my other duties so please don't worry.

I followed the issue of Tommy Robinson on Breitbart for awhile. How is he doing?
Thanks for your response - I am a bit confused about the Tommy Robinson - you do know he is a fascist and part of a far right group , the British national party. I m not saying everything he says is wrong or that some of his actions are not understandable- althought I must admit I have not followed his story - so you may be more informed than me. Xx
Rita

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am a bit confused about the Tommy Robinson - you do know he is a fascist...
No more than the government of the UK. Evidently London has the highest concentration of cameras on its streets. Why's that? And what's next for those Brits who are not politically correct? Is there a British Lubyanka in the works?

To the best of my knowledge Tommy Robinson was doing the right thing by exposing and fighting the spread of Radical Islam in the UK. And that certainly made him a right-wing activist, not a Fascist. He wanted to make and circulate a video of Muslim rapists and criminals so that children in Britain would be aware of the danger of Muslim criminality. And he was being prevented from doing that by the British government (who has been deliberately suppressing the true magnitude of what Muslims are doing over there to endanger the population and control the narrative by shouting "Islamophobia").

And the BBC recently colluded with a far-left organization to take down Tommy Robinson, but he upstaged them:
"Robinson's hour-long Exposé, Panodrama, features undercover footage of BBC journalist John Sweeney making racist and classist statements, and reveals how the BBC collaborated with a "radical far left" organization, HOPE not Hate (funded in part by George Soros) to take Robinson down...

Tommy Robinson Upstages "Radical Far Left" BBC Hit Piece; Gets Immediate Facebook Ban

Once again George Soros is the financial puppet master controlling and inciting the Far-Left in every part of the world.

B

Butterfly

Thanks for the info Enoch, now I remember why his name sounded familiar- I was looking up his wikerpedia info, that states he is a fascist.
I did say that some of the things he has said and done were right - but I am still a bit ' uncertain ' of far right groups. It also mentioned in his info about links with the national front, they were very much pro white , and a very racist group in the past and also quite a violent group - they would have members go along to football matches and other events to simply create a problem by stirring up and starting fights. That kind of clouds my judgment.
London is our capital - and cctv has been in the increase over the last decade. We have more cameras in Brighton now. Also there has been an increase in knife crime in London area, a big problem with gangs fighting.
Look I am aware of the concerns many have on here, but sometimes it's the same scenario as seeing a demon in every action - there is a thin line between paranoia and being realistic !
What's a Lubyanka ?
Rita

Reactions: Helen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the info Enoch, now I remember why his name sounded familiar- I was looking up his wikerpedia info, that states he is a fascist.
I did say that some of the things he has said and done were right - but I am still a bit ' uncertain ' of far right groups. It also mentioned in his info about links with the national front, they were very much pro white , and a very racist group in the past and also quite a violent group - they would have members go along to football matches and other events to simply create a problem by stirring up and starting fights. That kind of clouds my judgment.
London is our capital - and cctv has been in the increase over the last decade. We have more cameras in Brighton now. Also there has been an increase in knife crime in London area, a big problem with gangs fighting.
Look I am aware of the concerns many have on here, but sometimes it's the same scenario as seeing a demon in every action - there is a thin line between paranoia and being realistic !
What's a Lubyanka ?
Rita
I think it is an infamous Russian prison.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP --- A "news" reporter's hype.

Was "A" preacher preaching in a public domain? Yes.

Was "A" preacher found disturbing the "peace" in a public domain? Yes.

Did Peace Officers ask the "preacher" to stop his "public preaching"? Yes.

Did the "preacher" obey the Peace Officers? No.

Was the "preacher" arrested for disobeying the Peace Officers? Yes.

Does Peace Officers have the authority to "detain and or arrest" persons in the public who refuse to Obey Peace Officers? Yes.

WOW...some BIG news. LOL
A nothing story, until a REPORTER embellishes the story with the REPORTER INFUSING his article with RACE, RELIGION, BIGOTRY....intended for what?
To SELL Newspapters! $$$ always the end goal IN THIS WORLD....no matter what strife it causes.

It's not NEWS, that newspapers are in the business of MAKING MONEY...

Fact is, there is NOTHING new under the sun.

Glory to God,
Taken

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking for something (anything) that is not even there seems to be a way of life for some people.

... and carrying a pail of sand around so that a person has an "instant comfort zone" is ALSO a way of life for a LOT of people.

It's too bad that mankind has such a hard time receiving the things of GOD which HE has provided. :)

Bobby Jo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking for something (anything) that is not even there seems to be a way of life for some people.

People broadly have inferiority complexes.
People routinely believe being well known will relieve their feeling of being unimportant.

HOW / (the manner) in which Individuals choose to Become "known" is as old and broad as the Hills. Reporters are no exception. A glimpse through only the TV channels (and commercials) is a glaring reflection of acceptable trash and unwarranted sensationalism people are willing to participate in.
Laughable and sad at the same time.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Willie T

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People broadly have inferiority complexes. ...

They SHOULD. Most people don't know what GOD has for them, and in their ignorance they accuse OTHERS of being as blind as as they are! :)

It might help if people actually searched both Scripture and History to find a foundation, -- or stumble blindly in the darkness. :)

Bobby Jo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They SHOULD. Most people don't know what GOD has for them, and in their ignorance they accuse OTHERS of being as blind as as they are! :)

It might help if people actually searched both Scripture and History to find a foundation, -- or stumble blindly in the darkness. :)

Bobby Jo

I don't believe most people are insecure over a relationship with the Lord, but moreso insecure over Vanity, Popularity and lack of Money. Typically that could be applied to a youngster, however, it is more than obvious with age does not automatically imply maturity. Many adults have clung to those same immature focuses of Vanity, Popularity and Money being their idea of success.

Yes it would be beneficial for people to widely search both Scripture and History....Facts is; Many are content to ride through life being a Leach and Pretend they are something they are not.

God Bless,
Taken

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could go for all this arrogance and self-will about claiming they are out "doing God's bidding", if they did not, at the same time, totally turn their backs on all the other things Jesus told us to be doing...… some of which they even claim is of the devil.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could go for all this arrogance and self-will about claiming they are out "doing God's bidding", if they did not, at the same time, totally turn their backs on all the other things Jesus told us to be doing...… some of which they even claim is of the devil.

Perhaps you don't have a mirror ... :)

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also there has been an increase in knife crime in London area, a big problem with gangs fighting.
And this is only because all Left-Liberal governments (including the UK) want so-called *gun control* (which does not control criminals, only law-abiding citizens). In the end it does not matter if someone is killed by a bullet or a knife-stabbing. The end result is the same. But people can conceal knives more easily than guns.

What should really bother you and your countrymen is that Muslim mayor Sadiq Khan has publicly stated that terrorist attacks in London should be considered the norm -- "business as usual". That's when he should have been immediately fired (by Whitehall). And just like Obama, he will never ever say "Radical Islamic Terrorism". That would mean that he is a part of the problem.

B

Butterfly

And this is only because all Left-Liberal governments (including the UK) want so-called *gun control* (which does not control criminals, only law-abiding citizens). In the end it does not matter if someone is killed by a bullet or a knife-stabbing. The end result is the same. But people can conceal knives more easily than guns.

What should really bother you and your countrymen is that Muslim mayor Sadiq Khan has publicly stated that terrorist attacks in London should be considered the norm -- "business as usual". That's when he should have been immediately fired (by Whitehall). And just like Obama, he will never ever say "Radical Islamic Terrorism". That would mean that he is a part of the problem.
So do you agree with no gun control ?
The gun issue has been The same over here for over 20years, knife crime has increased over the past few years - so it's something else that has fuelled the problem. Satan is well and truly after the younger generation, and he is winning. Suicide is on the increase, along with mental health, along with gangs and retaliation between those gangs.
It's not a competition between what is used and what is avaliable- it's a battle in a higher arena.
Rita

B

Butterfly

You presume that I have no concern or awareness just because I defend things or say certain things, which isn't the case.
I do find myself wondering what some people think England looks like at times , what image they have in their heads based on what they read.
Rita

Reactions: bbyrd009

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, you've made outrageous claims that AREN'T Scriptural or Historical, -- as though they were BOTH, so you're no one to accuse others.

But then again, who is the Chief accuser?!?

Bobby Jo
Maybe I should have expressed that differently. Show me (by quoting FULL posts of mine) where I have claimed I was out preaching God's word when others were not. I am certain I say a lot of things you may not agree with, but that is not what we are talking about... The subject is street corner bellowers, pushing their beliefs upon anyone who happens to walk by.

Reactions: bbyrd009