Black preacher arrested after man complains about his preaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ok, he refused to move on - in certain areas you are going to get reactions to what people are doing- the article doesn't say how long he had been preaching, and the police did not get involved until it was causing a reaction. The man was given a choice to ' just leave ' so it was clearly not about the fact that he was preaching. I have no idea where the isalamicphobia came in as this is not what he was arrested for - the article sounds as if it was manipulated to come across as ' the Muslim mayor ' is reacting one way ' that the police are more concerned about this than the knife crime ' ect ect
There are guidelines for speaking out in this country ( the UK ) in a public area.
I live about 50 miles from London, there are preachers allowed to convey a message on the streets here - its not so much about what you are saying, but more about who reacts and whether or not you could ' incite ' something. We live in a society of people taking offence - that's the root of the problem, and you already have it in the USA.
I understand your concerns, and some of them are valid ones- we know things will change and get harder as its predicted - my concern is just how much time you spend looking for these issues and how much fear and concern it creates within you personally.
Rita
From memory, it was a Muslim who got aggressive towards the preacher and then reported him to the police. If someone can report another to police and get them in trouble that's a dangerous shift. America is on dangerous ground right now. We've had a shift towards fascism and the first steps are usually those where you want to right the ship.
we have two illustrations of "you taught in our streets" that should prolly be considered there, yall might consider those

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You presume that I have no concern or awareness just because I defend things or say certain things, which isn't the case.
I do find myself wondering what some people think England looks like at times , what image they have in their heads based on what they read.
Rita
Also the English movies we get likely portray a skewed perception of society there, the common man is often portrayed in a very warped fashion I'm sure, not that ours are much better I guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Maybe I should have expressed that differently. Show me (by quoting FULL posts of mine) where I have claimed I was out preaching God's word when others were not. I am certain I say a lot of things you may not agree with, but that is not what we are talking about... The subject is street corner bellowers, pushing their beliefs upon anyone who happens to walk by.
I mostly want to stay out of this, but I will say that even radical Muslims never do that, not even in their home countries, where proselytizing is usually a crime I think. It is sad for me to say this, but I would rather be a Christian homeless and destitute on the West Bank than anywhere in the western world that I have deliberately tried that test, where I was victimized...most of the time I guess, say 90%

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your response - I am a bit confused about the Tommy Robinson - you do know he is a fascist and part of a far right group , the British national party. I m not saying everything he says is wrong or that some of his actions are not understandable- althought I must admit I have not followed his story - so you may be more informed than me. Xx
Rita

I don't know a lot - only what I had read on Breitbart and I haven't read that in awhile. I read that he exposed the rape of young girls in the UK and was arrested for it so he seemed pretty honorable for those actions. I read about Rotherham. I am not there and don't know the inside story on any of it - I'm in America and don't believe the news many times. Is the British national party supposed to be bad?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have I claimed I am out bothering passers-by on the street in God's name?

We don't know if he was 'out bother passers-by on the street' - it didn't appear so to me. I just cannot see where one person can complain about you being on a public sidewalk that your taxes paid for and have you arrested/ removed. It just doesn't seem right. What is going to be next? Christians can't park their car on the street with a cross hanging down? One of my family members was actually ticketed for that! I had given them a cross to hang from their mirror and they were ticketed! The cop said it "obstructed their vision" which was ridiculous! A thin cross! It was nothing but a revenue generator. The beginning of fascism has come to England and America.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No more than the government of the UK. Evidently London has the highest concentration of cameras on its streets. Why's that? And what's next for those Brits who are not politically correct? Is there a British Lubyanka in the works?

To the best of my knowledge Tommy Robinson was doing the right thing by exposing and fighting the spread of Radical Islam in the UK. And that certainly made him a right-wing activist, not a Fascist. He wanted to make and circulate a video of Muslim rapists and criminals so that children in Britain would be aware of the danger of Muslim criminality. And he was being prevented from doing that by the British government (who has been deliberately suppressing the true magnitude of what Muslims are doing over there to endanger the population and control the narrative by shouting "Islamophobia").

And the BBC recently colluded with a far-left organization to take down Tommy Robinson, but he upstaged them:
"Robinson's hour-long Exposé, Panodrama, features undercover footage of BBC journalist John Sweeney making racist and classist statements, and reveals how the BBC collaborated with a "radical far left" organization, HOPE not Hate (funded in part by George Soros) to take Robinson down...

Tommy Robinson Upstages "Radical Far Left" BBC Hit Piece; Gets Immediate Facebook Ban

Once again George Soros is the financial puppet master controlling and inciting the Far-Left in every part of the world.

I am glad that you clarified that. I used to read about it on Breitbart but have not read Breitbart for awhile. I read about Rotherham and what was done to those poor girls. I read that Tommy Robinson was put in prison with Muslims and they threatened him. I thought that it was gallant of him to do what he did - I had wished that more British would have stood with him but none did. Were they all cowards?

We were at the airport where a gang of obnoxious foreigners spoke and laughed loudly. One came out of the mens room with his zipper down and fixed himself right in public while talking loudly to his friends. I was so disappointed that no one went up to him and told him that was not acceptable behavior. My uncles were pretty tough Irishmen and they would have collared that man and his crew and taken them out of the building - they never would have done that again.

We're in different times now. So much is accepted and we're in a litigious society. I wish that I would have gone up to the man and told him but it took me off guard and I don't like to get involved in someone else's wrongdoing. I thought that a man should have done it though.

This type of behavior is starting to creep in here. Not that Americans don't do creepy things - they do. But in a culture where rape of women is accepted and written into one's bible, I think that one can only expect trouble.

Reactions: Enoch111

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is only because all Left-Liberal governments (including the UK) want so-called *gun control* (which does not control criminals, only law-abiding citizens). In the end it does not matter if someone is killed by a bullet or a knife-stabbing. The end result is the same. But people can conceal knives more easily than guns.

What should really bother you and your countrymen is that Muslim mayor Sadiq Khan has publicly stated that terrorist attacks in London should be considered the norm -- "business as usual". That's when he should have been immediately fired (by Whitehall). And just like Obama, he will never ever say "Radical Islamic Terrorism". That would mean that he is a part of the problem.

Sadiq Khan is a very frightening man. I read that he assigned something like 900 police officers to hunt for signs of "Islamaphobia" while knife and acid crimes go unsolved. What is being done to the citizenry there is frightening. I read that older people have posted things online and gotten a visit from the police and warned to "watch what they say."

We should be concerned too because America always follows the UK.

B

Butterfly

I don't know a lot - only what I had read on Breitbart and I haven't read that in awhile. I read that he exposed the rape of young girls in the UK and was arrested for it so he seemed pretty honorable for those actions. I read about Rotherham. I am not there and don't know the inside story on any of it - I'm in America and don't believe the news many times. Is the British national party supposed to be bad?
I will have to read up about the girls, I think I remember as they had a documentary about it- but the perpetrators were all jailed, so it may not be the same story.
The BNP is not all bad, but has had links with the national front, which promotes violence against Muslims- so it's very pro British and anti immigration , but advocates violence as well.
Rita

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do you agree with no gun control ?
The gun issue has been The same over here for over 20years, knife crime has increased over the past few years - so it's something else that has fuelled the problem. Satan is well and truly after the younger generation, and he is winning. Suicide is on the increase, along with mental health, along with gangs and retaliation between those gangs.
It's not a competition between what is used and what is avaliable- it's a battle in a higher arena.
Rita

I'm so glad that you see it: Satan is indeed after the young people. We as Christians need to do more about it. I was watching a young person playing a video game and was shocked and dismayed by what I saw: they showed women who were muscular, dressed in skimpy, skin-tight outfits, fighting equally muscular men. In the video it showed the men kicking the women off of buildings - they would fall and cartoon blood come out.

I made them turn it off. First of all Satan tries to mix the sexes, then he's behind radical feminism. Women are made to feel frumpy and useless for bearing children and raising a family. Men are shown abusing women, not treating them with respect as men are called to do in the bible.

Satan has infiltrated movies, video games, music, schools - it's so pervasive it can get overwhelming. I belong to several organizations but I think I'm going to join one that addresses the above.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will have to read up about the girls, I think I remember as they had a documentary about it- but the perpetrators were all jailed, so it may not be the same story.
The BNP is not all bad, but has had links with the national front, which promotes violence against Muslims- so it's very pro British and anti immigration , but advocates violence as well.
Rita

If it promotes violence that is wrong but remember - some of the groups know how to manipulate the press to their advantage. The groups may not advocate violence at all but be accused of that by "the accuser of the brethren." I've read that some of them have brought victimhood to a whole new level.

Again - I have not followed it closely so cannot say with any certainty, I've just lived long enough to believe half of what I see and none of what I hear.

But I have seen that England grows very beautiful flowers. Is that true? I always see these photos of castles with beautiful gardens. I think it's similar to Ireland where my family is from.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You presume that I have no concern or awareness just because I defend things or say certain things, which isn't the case.
My remark was meant to be general. Evidently Sadiq Khan was elected by Londoners after 9/11, which should tell you something.

"The Greater London Council, the elected government for Greater London, was abolished in 1986 by the Local Government Act 1985. Strategic functions were split off to various joint arrangements. Londoners voted in a referendum in 1998 to create a new governance structure for Greater London. The directly elected Mayor of London was created by the Greater London Authority Act 1999 in 2000 as part of the reforms." Wikipedia

B

Butterfly

Sadiq Khan is a very frightening man. I read that he assigned something like 900 police officers to hunt for signs of "Islamaphobia" while knife and acid crimes go unsolved. What is being done to the citizenry there is frightening. I read that older people have posted things online and gotten a visit from the police and warned to "watch what they say."

We should be concerned too because America always follows the UK.
Can you give me a link to where you read about those things ?

B

Butterfly

My remark was meant to be general. Evidently Sadiq Khan was elected by Londoners after 9/11, which should tell you something.

"The Greater London Council, the elected government for Greater London, was abolished in 1986 by the Local Government Act 1985. Strategic functions were split off to various joint arrangements. Londoners voted in a referendum in 1998 to create a new governance structure for Greater London. The directly elected Mayor of London was created by the Greater London Authority Act 1999 in 2000 as part of the reforms." Wikipedia
I cannot really comment as I do not understand all the ins and outs about why things changed, but I must admit that I find it hard to believe that the change happened because of 9/11 - but as I said I do not know enough x
Just to get some kind of balance here , there were many Muslim MPs who actually lost their seats in parliament at the last election. As we will undoubtardly be having another general election in the next 6months ( oh brother, how I dislike general elections ! ) I guess we will see what happens this time round.
Rita

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot really comment as I do not understand all the ins and outs about why things changed, but I must admit that I find it hard to believe that the change happened because of 9/11 - but as I said I do not know enough x
Just to get some kind of balance here , there were many Muslim MPs who actually lost their seats in parliament at the last election. As we will undoubtardly be having another general election in the next 6months ( oh brother, how I dislike general elections ! ) I guess we will see what happens this time round.
Rita

Hi Rita,
People seem to "think" they all know what happened that day and, I believe nobody BUT the powers that be in this world do. o_O

Reactions: Butterfly

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That doesn't seem to make much sense - why would they elect him and not an Englishman?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you give me a link to where you read about those things ?

I forget where I read it because I read from so many different sources, but found this online quickly - I can't vouch for the news source but I've read articles like this elsewhere: Orwellian UK Police Arrest 9 People a Day for Offensive Posts on Social Media - www.independentsentinel.com

I read that Nazi Germany got heavy into political correctness. I believe that's where it originated if I'm not mistaken. I don't like any of the signs we're seeing in the UK or America.

B

Butterfly

That doesn't seem to make much sense - why would they elect him and not an Englishman?
Oh Soeverign Grace, forgive me but I did chuckle to myself when I read your post ...... He was born in Tooting London , his family came over from Pakistan decades ago. He was In the Labour Party, was serving in parliament until he was voted in as London Mayor - he is a British citizen. So are you saying that your amazed that the people of London vote for people who are out side the norm of ' white male or female ' - he would be classed as a Londoner !
Rita

Reactions: Nancy
B

Butterfly

I forget where I read it because I read from so many different sources, but found this online quickly - I can't vouch for the news source but I've read articles like this elsewhere: Orwellian UK Police Arrest 9 People a Day for Offensive Posts on Social Media - www.independentsentinel.com

I read that Nazi Germany got heavy into political correctness. I believe that's where it originated if I'm not mistaken. I don't like any of the signs we're seeing in the UK or America.
That news link was a few years old - not sure that site was the best one as most of what it relays is actually in the press we get, yet their slogan is ' we report what the media doesn't want you to know '

As for Nazi Germany- I am not going to comment X
Rita

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That news link was a few years old - not sure that site was the best one as most of what it relays is actually in the press we get, yet their slogan is ' we report what the media doesn't want you to know '

As for Nazi Germany- I am not going to comment X
Rita

I don't read that site so I can't comment on it - I read so much that I forgot where I've read something at.

Wherever political correctness originated at it's something that has the power to cripple and do much damage. You see it happening on social media with conservative sites getting shut down.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Soeverign Grace, forgive me but I did chuckle to myself when I read your post ...... He was born in Tooting London , his family came over from Pakistan decades ago. He was In the Labour Party, was serving in parliament until he was voted in as London Mayor - he is a British citizen. So are you saying that your amazed that the people of London vote for people who are out side the norm of ' white male or female ' - he would be classed as a Londoner !
Rita

My mistake! I thought he came in with the waves of people migrating there. He didn't look like an Englishman so I made an assumption.