Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mk 3:28-29: "“I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.”"

The Holy Spirit is the first emanation of God and sits in the place of love and compassion. It is through compassion(Holy Spirit) that we recieve forgivness. From my perspective, what it means to blasphem the Holy Spirit, is to be un-forgiving towards something or somone else. Simply put, if we don't forgive others, or if we hold resentment, we will not be able to accept forgivness ourself.

Mt 7:2: "For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged."

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mk 3:28-29: "“I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.”"

The Holy Spirit is the first emanation of God and sits in the place of love and compassion. It is through compassion(Holy Spirit) that we recieve forgivness. From my perspective, what it means to blasphem the Holy Spirit, is to be un-forgiving towards something or somone else. Simply put, if we don't forgive others, or if we hold resentment, we will not be able to accept forgivness ourself.

Mt 7:2: "For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged."
See if you agree with this definition sir. In order to sin against the holy spirit, you would have to know God well, and deliberately work against His purposes. Does that sound feasible to you?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unpardonable or unforgivable sin is unique and the guilty party were scribes and Pharisees who had witnessed irrefutable evidence that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, yet they claimed instead it was only by Beelzebul, the prince of devils, that Jesus cast out demons. (Matthew 12:24; Mark 3:30) They had witnessed irrefutable truth that Jesus was the Messiah sent by God. They knew the prophecies were being fulfilled. They saw the works and miracles of Jesus and they heard His clear presentation of truth, yet they deliberately chose to deny the truth and commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Jesus pronounced that sin to be unforgivable.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See if you agree with this definition sir. In order to sin against the holy spirit, you would have to know God well, and deliberately work against His purposes. Does that sound feasible to you?
It seems feasible and sin in its own right, but being un-forgiving yourself, in its parallelled opposite nature, stops the movement of forgivness in your heart and what is received via the Holy Spirit. When I say parallelled opposite nature it is similar to what's called the anti christ. Son of god is to give life, Anti-christ or the "evil one" is to take life. The Holy Spirit(Compassion) is forgiving, the Lake of Fire(resentment or bitterness) is un-forgiving. Anything else BUT un resolved forgivness will get you through the gate. This is due to the relationship between the two and there opposite but parallelled nature.

Mt 5:23-24: "“So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God."

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are correct that we are to forgive others their sins against us for if we do not neither will God forgive us.

The unforgivable sin cannot be forgiven.

@mailmandan in Post #3 gives an accurate account of that unforgivable sin.

Revelation also gives us an accounting from God as what constitutes an unforgivable sin. - Rev 14:9-13

And a third angel followed them, calling out in a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives its mark on his forehead or on his hand, he too will drink the wine of God’s anger, poured undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented in fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises forever and ever. Day and night there is no rest for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

Here is a call for the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, “Blessed are the dead—those who die in the Lord from this moment on.”

“Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them.”

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgiveness is not dependent upon forgiving others as it was in the time of Christ…..although it’s a good idea…. as unforgiveness will eat at you from the inside.

Forgiveness changed under the new covenant.

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Unforgivable sin

I have heard many different assessments of what the unforgivable sin is ….and honestly the Bible does not come right out and state it…………which is a good thing.

Hopefully I can make this understandable

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

That is a scripture we are all familiar with….

In that verse we see the seed of the serpent and the seed of the woman. Now we know that the woman doesn’t have seed, but we know the reference to that was our savior Jesus Christ. (Luk 1:35)

In addition to that we know that by making Jesus Christ Lord in our life we are born again (Rom 10:9&10) to which we receive the incorruptible seed (spirit) 1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

You can’t lose seed (spirit) Just as you cannot lose the seed of your earthly father no matter what you do, seed is seed. Your natural body has the seed of your earthly father, a born again person (body, soul, spirit) has the incorruptible seed of God. Once a person is born again of God’s seed …they cannot commit the unforgivable sin. You can deny God, curse the bible, and beat up Christians for the rest of your life, but you won’t change the seed of God within you.

These are the related biblical scripture on unforgivable sin (Mat 12:31&32, Mar 3:28&29, Luk 12:10, 1Jo 3:8-12)
But I do want to note a few things from Mat 12:31 and Jhn 8:13ff.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men.

They shall not be forgiven is in the sense of absolute cannot be forgiven…

With “The” article the Spirit is referencing God …who is spirit (Jhn 4:24)

There is only one sin that is unalterable…. thus making it unforgivable according to God ….that is being born of the devils seed. It is unalterable just as the seed of God in you is unalterable it cannot be change and thus makes it unforgivable.

Jhn 8:44 tells us why →Ye are of your father the devil,← and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

((I would suggest reading all of Jhn 8:12-59))

Our father is God …we acquired that position as children when we were born again (seed)...... At the time Christ spoke this to the Jews…. the new birth was not available to believers… as it is now.

The Pharisees acquired a position as children of darkness...... Remember it had been 400 years without a prophet…and in those years of Babylonian mysticism and occult practices…the devil had a field day. These guys were supposed to be the ones who maintained the statutes and practices that God had set up …but instead, they went by the way of Cain.

What I am stating is this.... God can’t (it’s impossible) to forgive someone who makes the serpent their father…that is seed … seed of the devil…. and seed is seed …it can’t be changed.

I have met those of seed when I was a priest in the satanic arena which I practiced in before God rescued me. You would never know them if you met them on the street, in the banking arena, religious hierarchy, the music industry, or the political arena… although ….God may inform you if it was necessary …but for the most part they would appear like the Pharisees did in their time.

And if you notice Jesus did not rebuke them (cast them out) in John because He couldn’t…. devil spirits you can cast out …..seed you cannot…it’s permanent.

Of course, what you believe is up to you, …. but that is what I know from both experience and what the truth of the Word indicates.

A person born again cannot commit the unforgivable sin. And a natural person has to be fully aware of what they are doing to make Satan their father …it cannot happen accidently.

forever

Jul 7, 2021
Kampen
Faith
Christian
Country
Netherlands

it never said that .
The line is a corruption by Esau .
the same group that Christ was so angry against.

though - ofcourse - mocking any of the Trinity is not allright ,
lest you think i d be defending that ,
He talked about something else there

btw - the Spirit is a "She" :
as shown in the original text in Ezekiel .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgiveness is not dependent upon forgiving others as it was in the time of Christ…..although it’s a good idea…. as unforgiveness will eat at you from the inside.

Forgiveness changed under the new covenant.

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Unforgivable sin

I have heard many different assessments of what the unforgivable sin is ….and honestly the Bible does not come right out and state it…………which is a good thing.

Hopefully I can make this understandable

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

That is a scripture we are all familiar with….

In that verse we see the seed of the serpent and the seed of the woman. Now we know that the woman doesn’t have seed, but we know the reference to that was our savior Jesus Christ. (Luk 1:35)

In addition to that we know that by making Jesus Christ Lord in our life we are born again (Rom 10:9&10) to which we receive the incorruptible seed (spirit) 1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

You can’t lose seed (spirit) Just as you cannot lose the seed of your earthly father no matter what you do, seed is seed. Your natural body has the seed of your earthly father, a born again person (body, soul, spirit) has the incorruptible seed of God. Once a person is born again of God’s seed …they cannot commit the unforgivable sin. You can deny God, curse the bible, and beat up Christians for the rest of your life, but you won’t change the seed of God within you.

These are the related biblical scripture on unforgivable sin (Mat 12:31&32, Mar 3:28&29, Luk 12:10, 1Jo 3:8-12)
But I do want to note a few things from Mat 12:31 and Jhn 8:13ff.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men.

They shall not be forgiven is in the sense of absolute cannot be forgiven…

With “The” article the Spirit is referencing God …who is spirit (Jhn 4:24)

There is only one sin that is unalterable…. thus making it unforgivable according to God ….that is being born of the devils seed. It is unalterable just as the seed of God in you is unalterable it cannot be change and thus makes it unforgivable.

Jhn 8:44 tells us why →Ye are of your father the devil,← and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

((I would suggest reading all of Jhn 8:12-59))

Our father is God …we acquired that position as children when we were born again (seed)...... At the time Christ spoke this to the Jews…. the new birth was not available to believers… as it is now.

The Pharisees acquired a position as children of darkness...... Remember it had been 400 years without a prophet…and in those years of Babylonian mysticism and occult practices…the devil had a field day. These guys were supposed to be the ones who maintained the statutes and practices that God had set up …but instead, they went by the way of Cain.

What I am stating is this.... God can’t (it’s impossible) to forgive someone who makes the serpent their father…that is seed … seed of the devil…. and seed is seed …it can’t be changed.

I have met those of seed when I was a priest in the satanic arena which I practiced in before God rescued me. You would never know them if you met them on the street, in the banking arena, religious hierarchy, the music industry, or the political arena… although ….God may inform you if it was necessary …but for the most part they would appear like the Pharisees did in their time.

And if you notice Jesus did not rebuke them (cast them out) in John because He couldn’t…. devil spirits you can cast out …..seed you cannot…it’s permanent.

Of course, what you believe is up to you, …. but that is what I know from both experience and what the truth of the Word indicates.

A person born again cannot commit the unforgivable sin. And a natural person has to be fully aware of what they are doing to make Satan their father …it cannot happen accidently.
You said: "A person born again cannot commit the unforgivable sin. And a natural person has to be fully aware of what they are doing to make Satan their father …it cannot happen accidently."

The unforgivable sin is coming and it is not by accident = Revelation 14:9-13

And a third angel followed them, calling out in a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives its mark on his forehead or on his hand, he too will drink the wine of God’s anger, poured undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented in fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises forever and ever. Day and night there is no rest for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

Here is a call for the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, “Blessed are the dead—those who die in the Lord from this moment on.”

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it never said that .
The line is a corruption by Esau .
the same group that Christ was so angry against.

though - ofcourse - mocking any of the Trinity is not allright ,
lest you think i d be defending that ,
He talked about something else there

btw - the Spirit is a "She" :
as shown in the original text in Ezekiel .
The Holy Sprirt is not a 'She'.

John 16:12-15
“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine.
Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

Reactions: marks and ScottA

forever

Jul 7, 2021
Kampen
Faith
Christian
Country
Netherlands
The Holy Sprirt is not a 'She'.

John 16:12-15
“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine.
Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
i know.
but again - that is illogical .

God and Christ are no trinity without Miss.

She says - in one of prophets - "are You not my deity since the beginning of Time ?"

please do not try prove points by quoting by Esau corrupted segements of scripture :
think for yourself -- the right way

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know.

She says - in one of prophets - "are You not my deity since the beginning of Time ?"

please do not try prove points by quoting by Esau corrupted segements of scripture :
God is a Spirit and HE does not need a Mrs because the Word was never procreated by God.

Genesis was written in Hebrew and 'God' in Hebrew is Elohim = literal translation is Gods, plural.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Genesis established Elohim as a Unified God = "Let Us make man in Our image according to Our likeness." = 3x

Genesis clarified who They Are thru allegory = Abraham Isaac Jacob = no female representation of Elohim

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's nice, but it's not the actual definition of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. (What you have given is rather against other people.)

On the contrary, Jesus said that we can in fact blasphemy against a "son of man", against people which is forgivable...but not against the Holy Spirit, which is not. The distinctive difference is defined by flesh or spirit.

When Jesus came in the flesh and was blasphemed against, He made the flesh vs. spirit distinction because what was to come next, and has come, is the Holy Spirit which He has sent. Thus, since Pentecost, blasphemy is still forgivable among people, but not between people and God.

Even so, an exception (but) was given--not for, but against those who would blaspheme:

But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: David in NJ

forever

Jul 7, 2021
Kampen
Faith
Christian
Country
Netherlands
God is a Spirit and HE does not need a Mrs because His Son was never procreated by God.

Genesis was written in Hebrew and 'God' in Hebrew is Elohim = literal translation is Gods, plural.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Genesis established Elohim as a Unified God = "Let Us make man in Our image according to Our likeness." = 3x

Genesis clarified who They Are thru allegory = Abraham Isaac Jacob
i dont get the fanatical response .

'let's make them in OUR image'.

= presupposing a Miss.

there's nothing wrong with having (a-) Miss in the Trinity.
in fact - it makes perfect Sense .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont get the fanatical response .

'let's make them in OUR image'.

= presupposing a Miss.

there's nothing wrong with having (a-) Miss in the Trinity.
in fact - it makes perfect Sense .
It may make sense to our natural minds but it is not Truth according to God.

LORD Jesus Christ was 'fanatical' about Truth.
Holy Spirit is a 'fanatical' Truth Speaking Person
the Apostles were 'fanatical' about Truth

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know.

This is not the topic at hand, but to clarify...

Gender is part of the "image" presented in the creation of mankind rather, to show that the Bride was originally taken out of the Groom (out of God) as Eve was taken out of Adam, that the two should again become as "one flesh"--which speaks rather "of Christ and the church", and "the mystery of marriage."

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you divide between the corrupted and uncorrupted parts of the Bible?

Much love!

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said: "A person born again cannot commit the unforgivable sin. And a natural person has to be fully aware of what they are doing to make Satan their father …it cannot happen accidently."

The unforgivable sin is coming and it is not by accident = Revelation 14:9-13

But there will not be any born again people when the events of Revelation take place.
The culmination of this administration (dispensation) of grace (Eph 3:2) (that we are currently basking in) ... will be the gathering together of the saints (aka Rapture) .....at which point the events of Revelation will commence … stealthily ….as a thief in the night.
There are a number of biblical notifications that set the line of demarcation between these two time periods.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there will not be any born again people when the events of Revelation take place.
The culmination of this administration (dispensation) of grace (Eph 3:2) (that we are currently basking in) ... will be the gathering together of the saints (aka Rapture) .....at which point the events of Revelation will commence … stealthily ….as a thief in the night.
There are a number of biblical notifications that set the line of demarcation between these two time periods.
Matthew ch24 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Saints in Revelation, are on earth, from Chapters 1 thru 19 with exception when God's Wrath is poured out.
The spirits of the Saints who died are seen in Heaven worshipping the Lamb = 1 Thess 4:13-18

Revelation Ch1 to Ch19 is a repeating Theme/Truth of the Events leading up to His Second Coming with insight.

1.) Keep in mind that Revelation is built upon Genesis, the Prophets, Gospel and Apostles.

2.) Revelation reverberates Truth concerning the Body of Christ which shall endure tribulation and overcome it.
a.) "Hear what the Spirit says to the churches"
b.) "to him who overcomes"
c.) "they overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb, the word of their Testimony and they loved not their lives unto death"
d.) "Here is a call for the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus."
e.) "Blessed are those who die in the Lord from this moment on"
f.) "The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent His angel to show His servants what must soon take place"

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The culmination of this administration (dispensation) of grace (Eph 3:2) (that we are currently basking in) ... And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. ostwill be the gathering together of the saints (aka Rapture) .....at which point the events of Revelation will commence … stealthily ….as a thief in the night.
updates made in Post 18

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel is 'the dispensation of Grace' - that is how we are Born-Again = John chapter 3

John 1:14-16
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father,
full of Grace and Truth.
John testified concerning Him. He cried out, saying, “This is He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because He was before me.’ ”
From His fullness we have all received Grace upon Grace.
For the law was given through Moses; Grace and Truth came through Jesus Christ.

The Open Door of Grace ends when JESUS Returns and shuts the Door = at His Coming 1 Thess 4:13-18

Last edited: