Blended Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not under the law as I walk in The Spirit, which is what Apostle Paul taught. If I don't walk in The Spirit but do the works of the flesh, then I am back under the law. It's the same for you too and every believer, whether you care to admit it or not.
Cant be under the law when one is in Christ unless you intend on putting Christ under the Law. I cant be ubnder the law its not mine, never was. I wasnt under it when i didnt believe and it was not given to me when I believed. I got Gods best, Christ. Stop laying stumbling blocks for Gods children unless you intend on falling over them yourself, as you seem to be doing.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cant be under the law when one is in Christ unless you intend on putting Christ under the Law. I cant be ubnder the law its not mine, never was. I wasnt under it when i didnt believe and it was not given to me when I believed. I got Gods best, Christ. Stop laying stumbling blocks for Gods children unless you intend on falling over them yourself, as you seem to be doing.

Problems with English comprehension? English maybe not your primary language?

"I am not under the law as I walk in The Spirit, which is what Apostle Paul taught."

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The stumbling block is of your own making from listening to men's doctrines, because you evidently believe in the OSAS doctrine of men which teaches we have no need to repent to Jesus of future sins. This is why Richard wouldn't answer my question if he held Communion with Jesus or not, and inspecting himself for sin like Apostle Paul showed we are to do per 1 Cor.11. So, I'm sorry Apostle Paul isn't here among us to tell you these things personally, since you appear to have such a hard time reading his Epistles about it.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Scriptures teach that a Christian is to be "rightly dividing the word of truth" ?(2 Tim 2:15, King James Bible) No. God's word of truth is not to be ' divided ', such as the churches of Christendom have divided the Bible into an "Old Testament" and "New Testament".

Rather an accurate rendering of 2 Timothy 2:15 is that a Christian is one that does "your utmost to present yourself approved of God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright", in which there is no Old nor New Testament, only one complete book called the Bible.(New World Translation)

The apostle Paul used the Greek word orthotomounta (a compound word formed from two Greek words, orthos [G3717] and tomos [G5114]) that means "(1) to cut straight, (2) to handle aright, i.e. to teach the truth correctly and directly".(Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, pg 453)

Hence, a true Christian must be able to distinguish between what is truth of the Bible, and what has been presented as "truth" by the churches of Christendom, but under careful examination is false. Jesus gave an illustration at Matthew 13:24-30, in which he explains the illustration at verses 36-43, whereby he shows that "wheat" or true Christians would distribute Bible truth, but they were oversown by "weeds" or imitation Christians, sowing falsehoods about God and his eternal purpose for mankind.

For example, Jesus stated in the illustration that he as "Son of man" sowed "fine seed" in his "field" or the world of mankind.(Matt 13:24, from 29 C.E-33 C.E.) But not long after establishing the Christian congregation ("congregation", from Hebrew qahal meaning "call out, congregate" and Greek ecclesia [also formed from two Greek words of ek meaning "out" and kaleo meaning "call"] meaning to "call out" or be ' called out ' by God from the world under Satan's rulership into his "congregation" of loyal ones that came into existence on Pentecost 33 C.E.), apostate elements were being "sown" by "weeds" or counterfeit Christians among the "wheat" or true Christians, so that after the death of the last of the apostles (John in about 100 C.E.), or "while men (the apostles who were a restraint to the rising tide of apostasy, 2 Thess 2:6, 7) were sleeping, his enemy (the Devil, Matt 13:39) increased his business of oversowing "weeds" with their falsehoods.

The "wheat" was almost completely swallowed up by the "weeds" from the second century on until the "harvest" or our time period, that began in 1914 with Jesus installation as king of God's Kingdom, when "the Son of man will send his angels, and they will collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and people who practice lawlessness".(Matt 13:41) At that time, the "wheat" or true Christians began to be separated in earnest from the "weeds" or counterfeit Christians that make up Christendom and were organized into the "congregation of God".(Acts 20:28)

So, what religious falsehoods have the "weeds" sown ? (1) the Trinity (John 14:1, 28; 1 Cor 11:3), (2) hellfire (Jer 7:31; 19:5; 32:35), (3) immortality of the soul (Gen 2:7; Deut 12:20; Jer 2:34), (4) clergy-laity class (Matt 23:8-10), (5) purgatory (Ecc 9:5, 10), (6) observance of religious holidays such as Christmas (Luke 22:19, 20), Easter (1 Cor 11:23-26), Halloween (1 Cor 10:21), birthdays (Gen 40:20-22; Ecc 7:1; Matt 14:6-10), feast days for "saints"(Acts 10:25, 26), (7) that participation in the political arena has God's blessing (John 15:19), (8) that there is no need to go from "house to house" with the "good news of the Kingdom", teaching "deserving ones" through a home Bible study (Matt 10:7, 11-13; 24:14; 28:19, 20; Acts 20:20), (9) that pagan traditions have more scriptural force than God's word (Matt 15:3-9), (10) that God's name of Jehovah should be supplanted with "Lord" or "God"(Ex3:14, 15; Ps 83:18; Jer 23:27), to name a few.

Thus, Christendom's Christianity is a blend of pagan teachings and practices with just a "smidgen" of truth.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Scriptures teach that a Christian is to be "rightly dividing the word of truth" ?(2 Tim 2:15, King James Bible) No. God's word of truth is not to be ' divided ', such as the churches of Christendom have divided the Bible into an "Old Testament" and "New Testament".

Rather an accurate rendering of 2 Timothy 2:15 is that a Christian is one that does "your utmost to present yourself approved of God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright", in which there is no Old nor New Testament, only one complete book called the Bible.(New World Translation)

The KJV has it correct. The idea of dissecting is involved too, because of the Greek word tomoteros (to cut). Rightly divide means to dissect God's Word according to subject and object, because the subject can change very quickly, and one must understand enough events from Scripture to discern the timings they belong to, whether past, present, or future. The OT prophets especially do this.

Hence, a true Christian must be able to distinguish between what is truth of the Bible, and what has been presented as "truth" by the churches of Christendom, but under careful examination is false. Jesus gave an illustration at Matthew 13:24-30, in which he explains the illustration at verses 36-43, whereby he shows that "wheat" or true Christians would distribute Bible truth, but they were oversown by "weeds" or imitation Christians, sowing falsehoods about God and his eternal purpose for mankind.

For example, Jesus stated in the illustration that he as "Son of man" sowed "fine seed" in his "field" or the world of mankind.(Matt 13:24, from 29 C.E-33 C.E.) But not long after establishing the Christian congregation ("congregation", from Hebrew qahal meaning "call out, congregate" and Greek ecclesia [also formed from two Greek words of ek meaning "out" and kaleo meaning "call"] meaning to "call out" or be ' called out ' by God from the world under Satan's rulership into his "congregation" of loyal ones that came into existence on Pentecost 33 C.E.), apostate elements were being "sown" by "weeds" or counterfeit Christians among the "wheat" or true Christians, so that after the death of the last of the apostles (John in about 100 C.E.), or "while men (the apostles who were a restraint to the rising tide of apostasy, 2 Thess 2:6, 7) were sleeping, his enemy (the Devil, Matt 13:39) increased his business of oversowing "weeds" with their falsehoods.

The "wheat" was almost completely swallowed up by the "weeds" from the second century on until the "harvest" or our time period, that began in 1914 with Jesus installation as king of God's Kingdom, when "the Son of man will send his angels, and they will collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and people who practice lawlessness".(Matt 13:41) At that time, the "wheat" or true Christians began to be separated in earnest from the "weeds" or counterfeit Christians that make up Christendom and were organized into the "congregation of God".(Acts 20:28)

So, what religious falsehoods have the "weeds" sown ? (1) the Trinity (John 14:1, 28; 1 Cor 11:3), (2) hellfire (Jer 7:31; 19:5; 32:35), (3) immortality of the soul (Gen 2:7; Deut 12:20; Jer 2:34), (4) clergy-laity class (Matt 23:8-10), (5) purgatory (Ecc 9:5, 10), (6) observance of religious holidays such as Christmas (Luke 22:19, 20), Easter (1 Cor 11:23-26), Halloween (1 Cor 10:21), birthdays (Gen 40:20-22; Ecc 7:1; Matt 14:6-10), feast days for "saints"(Acts 10:25, 26), (7) that participation in the political arena has God's blessing (John 15:19), (8) that there is no need to go from "house to house" with the "good news of the Kingdom", teaching "deserving ones" through a home Bible study (Matt 10:7, 11-13; 24:14; 28:19, 20; Acts 20:20), (9) that pagan traditions have more scriptural force than God's word (Matt 15:3-9), (10) that God's name of Jehovah should be supplanted with "Lord" or "God"(Ex3:14, 15; Ps 83:18; Jer 23:27), to name a few.

Thus, Christendom's Christianity is a blend of pagan teachings and practices with just a "smidgen" of truth.

The tares (your weeds idea) of the parable of the tares of the field that Jesus gave in Matthew 13 is about those of the "synagogue of Satan", i.e., the unbelieving Jews that had Jesus crucified. Those represent the "tares" in that parable, not Christendom, not Christianity!

Maybe a good time to get into that subjec of the "tares" a little bit here...

In Old Testament times, God told the children of Israel to destroy certain specific nations in the land of Canaan, for He had given those pagan nations 430 years to repent of their abominations, and they didn't (Deut.20). He told Israel to utterly destroy them, don't leave alive anything. In those lands mixed among those peoples was a second irruption of the giants.

Israel failed to destroy them all, so God said He would leave the remnants of the Canaanite nations among Israel, to test Israel with, to see if they would follow Him or not (Judges 2 & 3). In Joshua's day, leading the children of Israel into the lands of Canaan which God gave them, some of the Canaanites hears about the children of Israel and their slaughtering God told them, so they dressed up like a caravan coming from a far country. These Canaanites petitioned Joshua for help and to stay among them, which Joshua agreed. Then one of the Israelites looked at their baggage and discovered they were Canaanites. Too late, Joshua made a pact already.

So once again, the Canaanites in Joshua's day sneaked in and dwelt among the children of Israel. In 1 Kings 9, in Solomon's day, those left over Canaanites became temple servants and hewers of wood. They began doing temple duties. By the time of Ezra, some of them had crept into the priesthood (Ezra 2). And the last verse of Zechariah 14, which is Christ's future Millennium reign time, it will be said then there will be no more the Canaanite in the house of God.

There's the real "tares" Jesus was talking about, and many of those tares were the scribes and Pharisees that had Him crucified.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Problems with English comprehension? English maybe not your primary language?

"I am not under the law as I walk in The Spirit, which is what Apostle Paul taught."
You are the funny guy.

Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Davy Mens doctrines, havnt being in a church in over 10 years, gave up the idea of following after men once I saw where it was taking me.

this bit

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

As for Sin I guess you missed this bit

Rom_6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

or this bit

Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

or again

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

God bless

Reactions: Helen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the funny guy.

Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

You must be thinking of those you follow with that, because those who caged the people into following men's traditions instead of God's Word are the ones there Jesus applied that to.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy Mens doctrines, havnt being in a church in over 10 years, gave up the idea of following after men once I saw where it was taking me.

this bit

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

As for Sin I guess you missed this bit

Rom_6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

or this bit

Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

or again

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

God bless

Like I said before, I'm sorry Apostle Paul isn't here among us to tell you these things personally, since you appear to have such a hard time reading his Epistles about it. By that I mean you must include what Paul said in 1 Timothy 1 and Galatians 5 to have an accurate understanding of his Message about sin and the law. And then Romans 3 where Paul said this:

Rom 3:24-25
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

KJV

And this:

1 Cor 11:27-32
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
KJV

1 John 1:6-10
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
KJV

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
www.solutionslifecoaching.ca
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The religious Christian Church is (and has been since the RCC came into existence) teaching a blended, harmonized gospel that takes what Jesus and His Apostles preached to the Jews which included the Law and what Paul preached for the grace Church that excluded the Law and mixes them together. These teachings were never meant to be blended, harmonized together. When you do it you destroy both messages. The scriptures teach we are to “rightly divide the word of truth,” not blend it together.

Galatians 2:3-5
3 Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.
4 And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage),
5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
NKJV note: “bring us into bondage.”

Let me make it clear that all the scriptures are written FOR US, but not all are written TO US. --- Jesus’ message was to the Jews and under the law, not under grace. Paul’s message was to the grace Church.

I get depressed when I hear the blended gospel being taught. It is a gospel fostered by the devil. I have opposed it on forums for years and have been asked to leave because of my objections to it. Let me make it clear that Jesus Christ did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles because the Gentiles were never promised a kingdom on this earth. The following scriptures support my view.

Matt 10:5-7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23-24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Rom 15:8 (NKJ)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Note that in Matt 10:5-7 and Matt 15:23-24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all that was written of Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8.

HOWEVER; This is not to say that God did not have another purpose for Jesus' death on the cross.

But that purpose was “hidden in God” and not revealed until it was revealed to Paul on the road to Damascus by Jesus. The grace gospel was not in existence until Paul taught it. See Eph. 3:9 and Col. 1:26.

The Parable of the Wedding Feast; (Matt. 22: 1-10)

1 And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said:
2 "The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son,
3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.
4 Again, he sent out other servants, saying, 'Tell those who are invited, "See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding."'
5 But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business.
6 And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them.
7 But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
9 Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.'
10 So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.
NKJV

We, today, are only invited because the Jews rejected Jesus as their king. God will not let what His Son did on the cross go without results.

This is what I believe.

I appreciate all the work you did in putting your post together, I may not agree, but your opinion is valid, because we should all be able to choose what it is we believe and not allow anyone to judge us.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"marshmallows sharpen marshmallows," who can quote it?
imo you better stop listening to the blind, and allow everyone to "judge" you without getting all offended and emo about it, if you expect to ever be able to stand in the furnace

who gets judged for their beliefs? it is when someone's "beliefs" are stated as truth or fact that they get challenged, i think?

how many "believers" even have "beliefs" nowadays? aren't they generally stated as Laws that anyone reading them better agree to, or else?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You must be thinking of those you follow with that, because those who caged the people into following men's traditions instead of God's Word are the ones there Jesus applied that to.
Soory wont find me in church following after men quit that stupid idea years ago.

Like I said before, I'm sorry Apostle Paul isn't here among us to tell you these things personally, since you appear to have such a hard time reading his Epistles about it. By that I mean you must include what Paul said in 1 Timothy 1 and Galatians 5 to have an accurate understanding of his Message about sin and the law. And then Romans 3 where Paul said this:

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

KJV

And this:

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
KJV

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
KJV

Why do i need to read when I have Him, and what has that to do with teh "law" you have being shoving down every ones throats. Theer is no condemnation for those who are in Christ, sin is not, will, not cannot, be a problem It is finished , done complete over. But for those who dont believe it is a problem

As i said before Find Jesus, the truth is in Him if you desire it, you will not get it anywhere else.

God bless

Reactions: H. Richard

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I appreciate all the work you did in putting your post together, I may not agree, but your opinion is valid, because we should all be able to choose what it is we believe and not allow anyone to judge us.

What is stopping you from choosing what you want to believe?
However is what you choose to believe what is taught in the bible? You have referred to John Spong's books several times and always favourably, as he didn't believe in orthodox Christianity as taught by the bible it is reasonable to assume you also don't choose to believe what the bible teaches.

As to judging. Why can't I form a judgement based on what you write about what you believe?

Reactions: Davy

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
still haven't gotten to No Jew or Gentile in the kingdom yet, huh HR?
Paul said that twice, at least; you wanna address it today, or no?
tomorrow maybe; no hurry ok bro

Your the funny guy aren't you? You can't see that there is a time frame here. Jesus said, in His own words that He only came to the House of Israel. But you don't believe Him do you? When He came the first time it was to give the Jews their promised Messiah and King and a kingdom for the Jews. He did not come to the Gentiles. The Scriptures plainly tell us this but those of religion refuse it and want to get us to refuse it too. As for no Jew or Gentle in the kingdom that did not occur until Paul's gospel of grace. It certainly did not occur under the law. Going in to a Gentile house would make a Jew unclean. But you know this and still you want to write all your ''''''

I am amazed that people can't see that Jesus did not set up just another religion like the one that had Him killed. After His work on the cross salvation is by the work of God on the cross, not by the works of man. God saw that no one could keep the law so He kept it for us. Salvation is by faith in His work, not man's works. It is now a level playing field. Not by works of the flesh but by faith in the work of Jesus on the cross.

But mankind loves their religions and most will not give them up because in religion man sees a way to glorify himself (self-righteousness).

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is stopping you from choosing what you want to believe?
However is what you choose to believe what is taught in the bible? You have referred to John Spong's books several times and always favourably, as he didn't believe in orthodox Christianity as taught by the bible it is reasonable to assume you also don't choose to believe what the bible teaches.

As to judging. Why can't I form a judgement based on what you write about what you believe?

Have you not read where it is said that you should not judge? It is obvious to me that there are some on this forum that have the idea that it is either what they believe or the highway. They take the position of being religious policemen. Unless a person believes what they believe they are wrong.

I, for one, get tired of this. I have studied the Bible for over 70 years and I know what it says.

Rom 14:2-11
2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.

4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written: "As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God."
NKJV

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

And this:

KJV

KJV

Who has made you the oracle of God? Say what you believe and let others do the some without your bias extranence input that you think is better than others. No wonder that people say forums are so hostile that they will not come on one. Oh I can hear it now, if they can't stand the heat then maybe they shouldn't be here. This idea closes the door on someone that might be searching and is only their way of elevating themselves over others. One thing I have learned by being on forums, many think they are religious policemen and it is their mission to try and destroy what others believe. They make it personal.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Your the funny guy aren't you? You can't see that there is a time frame here. Jesus said, in His own words that He only came to the House of Israel. But you don't believe Him do you?
yes, but i am the House of Israel HR, you can be not of the House of Israel if you like, but then i have some other vv you won't be able to assimilate i guess; i'll just get funnier to you

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When He came the first time it was to give the Jews their promised Messiah and King and a kingdom for the Jews. He did not come to the Gentiles.
HR i understand why you say this, but imo you are accepting Jesus' words at face value, when He, being a Spiritual Guy, was speaking spiritually. You perhaps discount that God works with crumbs, so to speak, and Christ honored the Pagan woman's faith after all, He did not turn her away right

Now if He had turned her away i would have to agree with you, but see He said one thing and did another, and they equate to each other perfectly, except in your reading imo
She was grafted in right then, see. Not even considering that you i guess basically have to ignore no Jew or Gentile in the kingdom,
Galatians 3:28 Lexicon: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Colossians 3:11 Lexicon: a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Scriptures plainly tell us this but those of religion refuse it and want to get us to refuse it too. As for no Jew or Gentle in the kingdom that did not occur until Paul's gospel of grace. It certainly did not occur under the law. Going in to a Gentile house would make a Jew unclean.
Jesus ate at a tax collectors house just for you i guess, too many vv to list, Matthew was a tax collector, Zaccheus, etc.

So once again you got Jesus saying one thing and doing something that can appear to completely contradict what He said