Blended Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am amazed that people can't see that Jesus did not set up just another religion like the one that had Him killed. After His work on the cross salvation is by the work of God on the cross, not by the works of man.
if you do not pick up your cross and follow Christ you will die ok. Lighting candles to Jesus, worshipping Jesus on your knees, confessing your sins to God or to guys called father in dark closets, see none of these will work; confession is made unto salvation; confess your sins one to another.

And if you wanna turn confession of wrongs into a one-time profession of belief, then bam go ahead, i even got a v you can proclaim over yourself about how perfect you are now

So whether you want to call these works or deeds, doesn't matter, these are not works of the Law, see, those things that you would do if your house got robbed, for instance, or even if you were accused of something and hauled into court, what do you think you would do? Tell the truth? Ha. Your lawyer would not allow this, see bc you have rights, right, you have the right to remain silent, etc

Works are confused right now bc they are being taught by the blind, and they are going to stay confused so that "believers" will not make these obvious connections, and will keep themselves under the law in ignorance.

and they are going to be confessing this all day long, not even hearing themselves, "i gotta do this, i hafta do that," blahblahblah

this is all imo of course

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God saw that no one could keep the law so He kept it for us.
ok then Quote that and let's see--you can't, right, you are going to wander into "fulfills the law" instead--but i mean you gotta know you are disregarding a lot of Scripture with this perspective, right?
Not one jot or tittle comes to mind, heaven forbid, whoever does these things and teaches others to do the same will be considered least in the kingdom, and i'm just riffing here, not even doing a search yet.

You have to keep the Law. You cannot keep the law perfectly, so there is a remedy that a little child understands perfectly, but grownups with egos do not. Especially once they have become Codependent, yikes, and we are a codependent nation now, don't even get me started

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if you do not pick up your cross and follow Christ you will die ok.

Not so.
You will lose the reward , and hearing "good and faithful servant".
You will not be in the group of the Overcoming sons...
You will not sit in 'the Place Jesus went to prepare for you..' ( "I go to prepare a place for you")
But nowhere does it say you will die. Wailing and gnashing of teeth in regret over what could have been...but die for not taking up your cross.. = death to the self-man. No.

How many dead to self / cross carriers do you actually know?
This heaven that is spoken of will be a very empty place , if not being 'a cross carrier' causes death.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the alt is "Jesus fulfilled the law, so i don't have to even try, all i have to do is believe that Jesus died for my sins" and that's just crap HR

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Salvation is by faith in His work, not man's works.
faith implies action, not belief, and "No Son of man may die for another's sin; the soul that sins will die" HR.

see, when you have to selectively choose some Scripture, and cannot rectify and assimilate it with other Scripture, this should tell you that more reflection is required imo, nevermind what i believe

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the alt is "Jesus fulfilled the law, so i don't have to even try, all i have to do is believe that Jesus died for my sins" and that's just crap HR

So there is something more to be done to secure my salvation, is that it?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But mankind loves their religions and most will not give them up because in religion man sees a way to glorify himself (self-righteousness).
well, that seems one dimensional to me, i also see many ppl having a diff reaction, abdicating personal responsibility and worshipping Jesus/Nehushtan, or nihilism, and some others i guess.

but imo i would be looking in the mirror, and not worrying about what everyone else does anyway. I mean here you are condemning religion, yet telling me how all you have to do to fulfill the law is believe hard enough that Jesus died for your sins, and then you run to call the cops whenever your neighbor has a party that runs a little late or whatever lol, whenever your tv gets ripped off.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How many dead to self / cross carriers do you actually know?
few there are who find it

i guess they're pretty much all famous, Joan of Arc, Francis of Assisi, Gandhi, like that?
This heaven that is spoken of will be a very empty place , if not being 'a cross carrier' causes death.
well, you are talking about a "place" that does not exist imo, and will not come by observation, so to speak, so as far as i am concerned as long as you believe in a place called heaven that can only be attained after you die, you got strange gospel

I came that you might have life, that begins the day you die

because after all, Paul said
to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord
right

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you are calling Jesus' work on the cross crap, right? You insist that a man's works are necesary for salvation. Get over it BB, Jesus has given the human race a gift of salvation but it only applies if a person believes in it. Obviously you and many others do not believe it and in doing so will be judged by the law. It is also evidenced that people do not want the children of God to place their faith in Jesus's work but wish to make them place their faith in man's works.

Heb 10:28-31
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. And again, "The Lord will judge His people."
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
NKJV

IMO all those that refuse to accept what Jesus did on the cross are under the judgement of God for refusing His offer of Salvation that He paid for on the cross. Salvation is the work of God.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
see, you can tell that's a lie bc those who have signed Contracts for Jesus are repeating it,
bc after all they got a bidness to run, and they have an arrangement with the king right
politics and religion work together, to turn you into a battery

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So there is something more to be done to secure my salvation, is that it?
well, i would first get a definition of "salvation" that was not provided by some institutionally ordained blind guy who has signed a Contract for Jesus, not to demean pastors here, they are forgiven too

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So you are calling Jesus' work on the cross crap, right?
you already know i am not HR
You insist that a man's works are necesary for salvation.
well first i would get a clear def of what you mean by "works," bc i doubt we are talking about the same things

see imo going up before a congregation and making a public profession is a work of the law, if in your opinion that is what you "have to do" to "get saved" anyway

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
fwiw i would be believing this one, and be worrying about how "only believe" violates the next one, and that is what makes it common; as we have already seen, picking up your cross is not common ok.

now i did not come here to listen to your exegesis of the verses you choose to recognize, wadr;
i came here to confront you with vv that you apparently refuse to recognize,
in the hope that you would treat them some kind of way;
any kind of way, i don't care

so have a nice day

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
IMO all those that refuse to accept what Jesus did on the cross are under the judgement of God for refusing His offer of Salvation that He paid for on the cross.
imo those who accept with their mouths what Christ did on the cross are making it common, and have a strange gospel to boot

and see, you will be forgiven for even these, but as our Job has taught anyone with ears, forgiveness is not going to help you stand up in that day, just like the guy running from you who owes you ten bucks that you have forgotten all about, see

peace

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Scriptures teach that a Christian is to be "rightly dividing the word of truth" ?(2 Tim 2:15, King James Bible) No. God's word of truth is not to be ' divided ', such as the churches of Christendom have divided the Bible into an "Old Testament" and "New Testament".

Rather an accurate rendering of 2 Timothy 2:15 is that a Christian is one that does "your utmost to present yourself approved of God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright", in which there is no Old nor New Testament, only one complete book called the Bible.(New World Translation)

The apostle Paul used the Greek word orthotomounta (a compound word formed from two Greek words, orthos [G3717] and tomos [G5114]) that means "(1) to cut straight, (2) to handle aright, i.e. to teach the truth correctly and directly".(Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, pg 453)

Hence, a true Christian must be able to distinguish between what is truth of the Bible, and what has been presented as "truth" by the churches of Christendom, but under careful examination is false. Jesus gave an illustration at Matthew 13:24-30, in which he explains the illustration at verses 36-43, whereby he shows that "wheat" or true Christians would distribute Bible truth, but they were oversown by "weeds" or imitation Christians, sowing falsehoods about God and his eternal purpose for mankind.

For example, Jesus stated in the illustration that he as "Son of man" sowed "fine seed" in his "field" or the world of mankind.(Matt 13:24, from 29 C.E-33 C.E.) But not long after establishing the Christian congregation ("congregation", from Hebrew qahal meaning "call out, congregate" and Greek ecclesia [also formed from two Greek words of ek meaning "out" and kaleo meaning "call"] meaning to "call out" or be ' called out ' by God from the world under Satan's rulership into his "congregation" of loyal ones that came into existence on Pentecost 33 C.E.), apostate elements were being "sown" by "weeds" or counterfeit Christians among the "wheat" or true Christians, so that after the death of the last of the apostles (John in about 100 C.E.), or "while men (the apostles who were a restraint to the rising tide of apostasy, 2 Thess 2:6, 7) were sleeping, his enemy (the Devil, Matt 13:39) increased his business of oversowing "weeds" with their falsehoods.

The "wheat" was almost completely swallowed up by the "weeds" from the second century on until the "harvest" or our time period, that began in 1914 with Jesus installation as king of God's Kingdom, when "the Son of man will send his angels, and they will collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and people who practice lawlessness".(Matt 13:41) At that time, the "wheat" or true Christians began to be separated in earnest from the "weeds" or counterfeit Christians that make up Christendom and were organized into the "congregation of God".(Acts 20:28)

So, what religious falsehoods have the "weeds" sown ? (1) the Trinity (John 14:1, 28; 1 Cor 11:3), (2) hellfire (Jer 7:31; 19:5; 32:35), (3) immortality of the soul (Gen 2:7; Deut 12:20; Jer 2:34), (4) clergy-laity class (Matt 23:8-10), (5) purgatory (Ecc 9:5, 10), (6) observance of religious holidays such as Christmas (Luke 22:19, 20), Easter (1 Cor 11:23-26), Halloween (1 Cor 10:21), birthdays (Gen 40:20-22; Ecc 7:1; Matt 14:6-10), feast days for "saints"(Acts 10:25, 26), (7) that participation in the political arena has God's blessing (John 15:19), (8) that there is no need to go from "house to house" with the "good news of the Kingdom", teaching "deserving ones" through a home Bible study (Matt 10:7, 11-13; 24:14; 28:19, 20; Acts 20:20), (9) that pagan traditions have more scriptural force than God's word (Matt 15:3-9), (10) that God's name of Jehovah should be supplanted with "Lord" or "God"(Ex3:14, 15; Ps 83:18; Jer 23:27), to name a few.

Thus, Christendom's Christianity is a blend of pagan teachings and practices with just a "smidgen" of truth.

Repent means to change your mind, period. If you're a Gentile, then Paul is your apostle, period. Paul's words are totally inspired and, above all others, Paul is the last word to you, when is comes to your rules and directions. If you don't believe what Paul says in 2Tim 2:15, that you must rightly divide (cut straight, chop) God's word, you're not a Bible Believer. If you don't rightly divide, you will end up with a bunch of contradictory passages. For example, as a Gentile, the vast majority of the rules and directions given to Israel don't apply to you. In the Gospels, those that wanted to enter the Kingdom of Heaven were told that they first must be born again. Since no saved Gentile today has ever had a hope of being in the earthly Kingdom of Heaven, no saved Gentile today has ever has had the necessity of being born again. Concerning who the Kingdom belonged to, see Acts 1:6 and note that the 11 have just received a 40 day Bible study from Jesus Christ, concerning the Kingdom - when they asked the question in Acts 1:6, they knew exactly what they were talking about. The only other person to write about being born again was Peter, whose Acts ministry was to Israel only, except for Cornelius, but that's another story. The Salvation message for Gentiles given only by Paul is found in only one place, 1Cor 15:1-4. Paul then says in Eph 2:8-9 that you CANNOT work for your salvation. It's a gift that is only available by your faith through God's grace. If you, as a Gentile, don't believe Paul's words above ANYONE ELSE'S words, you are not a Bible believer. I always get flak for saying this, but a Gentile can't get saved from the red words. Why, because Jesus Christ was a minister to Israel - see Jn 1:31, "And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water." Also note, in that verse, that the reason John came baptizing with water was because Christ was manifest to Israel. Water baptism is not for Gentiles today.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
JFK, MLK, Colin Kaepernick

Do you see or sense any cross carrying going on?!! :) I don't.

I am sensing just the opposite!!
Who needs enemies when we have other Christians . lol

God help us all.

Reactions: mjrhealth