Blockers..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go back and find a post where I said you are in error.
There isn't none because you are a liar trying to work me up and find error on me...the only thing you said was that women aren't allow to teach or whatever ...and I made this post because of people like you who tries to stop people from telling the truth and hearing the truth...etc

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There isn't none because you are a liar trying to work me up and find error on me.
Show where I have lied. That is a pretty big accusation.

the only thing you said was that women aren't allow to teach or whatever
I never said women cannot teach. I said they can only teach in specific situations as prescribed by Scripture.

nd I made this post because of people like you who tries to stop people from telling the truth and hearing the truth...etc
I'm not stopping anyone from telling truth.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's pretty vague. You have shown anything about the content of the drams, or how the dreams lined up with Scripture, or how they were validated to be actually from God.

Thanks...so can I draw from your response here that there are dreams and visions that you would say amen to when they line up with bible?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, I am not yet willing to concede that. I am saying that you made a claim but no way of verifying that claim. Anyone can do that.

True..point being, why would I 'bother' to verify it with scripture when your belief is that God has said all He needs to say...and does not speak outside of a bible verse. So 1000 verses confirming my dreams and visions would not convince you if you mean what you wrote above - 'nothing more outside of the scriptures'..
That is why I asked the question...

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True..point being, why would I 'bother' to verify it with scripture when your belief is that God has said all He needs to say...and does not speak outside of a bible verse. So 1000 verses confirming my dreams and visions would not convince you if you mean what you wrote above - 'nothing more outside of the scriptures'..
That is why I asked the question...
If I could be shown by Scripture that my interpretation was incorrect, I would not hesitate to change my position. For example, I used to hold an Arminian position (not fully but mostly) but now, after searching Scriptures, I hold fully to the Calvinist position on salvation.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I could be shown by Scripture that my interpretation was incorrect, I would not hesitate to change my position. For example, I used to hold an Arminian position (not fully but mostly) but now, after searching Scriptures, I hold fully to the Calvinist position on salvation.

Thanks for response David.
When I ask for confirmation of something from the Lord..even when I see something in a verse, I also need the confirmation of the Holy Spirit witnessing with my spirit.

Serious question that I have wondered about for a long time.
( Most Calvinists are abrasive so I can never have a serious conversation with them..) Do Calvinists believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit? ...
ie, as in an encounter with the Holy Spirit with a quickening and anointing .

I was saved on 23 August 1964 . Yet in a meeting in October 1968 the Holy Spirit 'fell upon me' and experienced a powerful anointing.
Now I do NOT believe that people are not saved if they don't have a second experience ...( some do preach that :rolleyes: )
I do believe God gives us an anointing for life and service.

So I just wondered what the Calvinists believe in Acts when it says -
" Have you received since you believed?"
Acts 19 ..
2 "He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost."
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them..."

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Serious question that I have wondered about for a long time.
( Most Calvinists are abrasive so I can never have a serious conversation with them..) Do Calvinists believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit? ...
ie, as in an encounter with the Holy Spirit with a quickening and anointing .
Yes we do, but I doubt we believe the same thing about it. Ligonier Ministries

I was saved on 23 August 1964 . Yet in a meeting in October 1968 the Holy Spirit 'fell upon me' and experienced a powerful anointing.
Now I do NOT believe that people are not saved if they don't have a second experience ...( some do preach that :rolleyes: )
I do believe God gives us an anointing for life and service.
Yeah, we do not believe this, or at least I don't. You are baptized into the Holy Spirit upon salvation.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And that's the thing, he told us he saves through the truth of Scripture. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
No He does not, He saves up because He is the truth, whom you forever deny...

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

not scripture

yet you wont go to the one who is the truth, because if you did, like so many youd find your truth to be a lie.

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What did you know, and where did the information come from?

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Luk_10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

revalation comes form Christ not teh reading of books.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes we do, but I doubt we believe the same thing about it. Ligonier Ministries

Yeah, we do not believe this, or at least I don't. You are baptized into the Holy Spirit upon salvation.

Oh thank you...I wasn't sure you would respond.
Good to know, as I have never known what they believed here.

I was in the Charismatic movement for a while.
In reading the link you gave it sounds like your group do not believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit in action today. I confess that I only skimmed the link...

Good to know.
We do differ in our belief system quite a bit.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In reading the link you gave it sounds like your group do not believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit in action today. I confess that I only skimmed the link...
That is correct, I fall into the cessationist camp. You will find though, I am much less dogmatic when discussing those issues as issues that you have seen me discussing lately.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No He does not, He saves up because He is the truth, whom you forever deny...

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

not scripture

yet you wont go to the one who is the truth, because if you did, like so many youd find your truth to be a lie.

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
You realize I was quoting Scripture right?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is correct, I fall into the cessationist camp. You will find though, I am much less dogmatic when discussing those issues as issues that you have seen me discussing lately.

I have a couple of good friends in the cessationist camp. :)
One because he is very bitter that he wanted to be baptized in the Holy Spirit but it never happened for him...so he changed to not believing that God speaks 'today'.

Thanks for the conversation.