Blockers..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ye which one of the over 44 canons is the right one, seems no one can tell me, we only have one God one Jesus one truth, which of the 44 different variations of the truth is the truth, ?Asked that question many times people just quote the bible they like, its not the word that is closed its mens hearts.
test everything, and keep what is good eh
natch we are all at diff places of testing tho
wisdom is where you find it imo, who can deny the wisdom of a good Dao story? etc

The Tao of Pooh
Te of Piglet
The Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly enough, the "book" of Revelation was not a book when it left Patmos. The words written therein clearly tell us that it was a letter, AND those words also tells us exactly to whom it was written.

I highly suspect that someone ADDED "THOSE" words to John's original letter long after he wrote it... likely a few hundred years later. (Or, they changed the meaning of the original reference John penned.)

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew him through my character...I guess it was God leading me to him throughout my life but wasn't listening well...etc
My Sister, you don’t learn or know of Him through your character, but from the scriptures.

Look at it like this. Someone living in a remote place that has been untouched with the gospel, no bible in their midst. They can look around and know there is a god. But they don’t know Him as Yahweh. This is God revealing Himself via natural revelation. They know Him as Creator, but not as Savior. They don’t know that God came as a Man, lived a sinless perfect life, was crucified, buried, rose again three days later. Natural revelation does not reveal the gospel to them.

It takes more than this to reveal who God is to them. That is why missions are very important. It takes the proclamation of the gospel to reveal the Christ to them.

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Sister, you don’t learn or know of Him through your character, but from the scriptures.

Look at it like this. Someone living in a remote place that has been untouched with the gospel, no bible in their midst. They can look around and know there is a god. But they don’t know Him as Yahweh. This is God revealing Himself via natural revelation. They know Him as Creator, but not as Savior. They don’t know that God came as a Man, lived a sinless perfect life, was crucified, buried, rose again three days later. Natural revelation does not reveal the gospel to them.

It takes more than this to reveal who God is to them. That is why missions are very important. It takes the proclamation of the gospel to reveal the Christ to them.
And God can't do that? Reveal Christ to me himself?

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the problem. How are we to verify it? How are we to know they have heard directly from God? Should we put their "word from God" in the next updated translation of the Bible?

I believe this verse is telling us God closed the canon. It is done, perfected. There is nothing else needed. So why should we give any credence to someone who says they have a new message from God?
It's ok..lol it's not really new..I've been telling people about my testimony since I was in my early 20s and they all rejected my testimony...it's ok I'm not worried about cause it's not new..just a revelation beginning to open of me..so I don't really care cause even though it's new to you it's very old news to me...

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God can't do that? Reveal Christ to me himself?
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,
2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father.
3 We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, 4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love which you have for all the saints; 5 because of the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel 6 which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth; 7 just as you learned it from Epaphras, our beloved fellow bond-servant, who is a faithful servant of Christ on our behalf, 8 and he also informed us of your love in the Spirit.
[Colossians 1]

Read how Paul expresses how the church at Colossae learned of Him. They heard it from the word of the(scriptures) and was taught to them by Epaphras. This is how ppl come to saving faith.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes He can. But it’s through the Bible. Faith comes from the word, per Romans 10:17.
Jesus is the word have you not read,

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Yep the man Jesus, in whom we have faith.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

so much bible not enough Jesus.

Reactions: Willie T

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is how ppl come to saving faith.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

why you all love keeping people from Christ who is the truth ill never know.

Reactions: Willie T

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well atleast I'm still talking to you guys..it's nothing that changed me..it's normal.. because I witness it all my life just not in such exposure pertaining to it...I don't need the world judging me..I'm still learning like everyone else...we all belong to the Lord ..it's up to people whether they care to return this souls and hearts back to Christ..I have my own problems to deal with...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Interestingly enough, the "book" of Revelation was not a book when it left Patmos.
Not true. We should not confuse the letters within the book of Revelation with the book itself. And *scroll* would be more accurate. But Jesus, the angel who spoke with John, and John himself all identified Revelation as a BOOK in the last chapter.

THE WORDS OF CHRIST
7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book...

THE WORDS OF THE ANGEL
9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand...

THE WORDS OF JOHN HIMSELF
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

why you all love keeping people from Christ who is the truth ill never know.
Probably this is why John 3:19 so they do what they do in this verse John 5:39 to justify themselves. Even though Jesus words is spirit and life they study the scriptures to find life in them or to prove they are saved...even Jesus said so in the above verse man dont go to him because they are afraid thier sins will be revealed and that they love thier evil deeds more then doing good, doing the Lords way...its something about the Lords way that is so pure people reject it.. i dont know exactly why but it seems to me people may just be comfortable with thier sinful lifestyle etc. That they would hate to live a life of purity..but thats what it seems like some people just love that kinda life so they dont go to Jesus to learn of his way... because maybe they love that kinda life more...that sinful life...i know there is people who are willing to change but i truly believe people would rather be at a nightclub then in thier bible or live that godly lifestyle.. you know that quiet life...and they probably dont go to Jesus because they are ashame of thier sins but we cant hide from the Lord he already sees the sins in our hearts and life so its best to deny ourselves and go to Jesus so he can fix us up for eternity... To deny ourselves means we are professing Jesus to be true and right and that we are wrong and in need of the Lords help...to deny ourselves is to prove all things the Lord says is true and that we are indeed sinners in dire need of a savior..its iije sitting in court confessing you are guilty, you did commit the crime..lol so they go to the bible first to seek thier eternal life...i think the whole darn world is guilty especially if they are not abiding in Christ...no one can be saved without ever going to Jesus first cause thats how we receive eternal like through the power of God's son, the holy Spirit, like in the trinity only the spirit can connect us to God, not the scriptures or our knowledge alone, nor through man, man cant even save themselves, how can they save us...only the Lord can do that...etc thats why most people probably dont deny themselves cause they are saying they dont need Jesus they can do it alone cause they think thier ways are right when in reality they are either blind or just dont care, they dont want to be under authority of anyone, they want to feel superior in thier own ways, they want to do things thier way cause they like thier ways and it seems right to them but we cant justify ourselves without receiving that righteousness only Jesus can put on us and confessing our sins and that we are wrong and is guilty.. that we need saving through Jesus..and that Jesus is right..we are all filthy rags and need eternal life and correction from Jesus...you know what we do when we dont deny ourselves and confess our sins, we are saying that the Lord is a liar and that we dont need God....lol its true ..you may call me crazy now but the truth is clear... people ignore the Lord cause they love thier life and deeds more.. they hate the Lords ways and they hate when he tells the truth cause it exposes thier sins and hearts and thats why they hate the truth cause it proved Jesus true and that he really is the son of God, that what he says is true leaving them without an excuse so they harden thier hearts and rebel anyway even though in thier hearts they know Jesus is right,, its like spitting in Gods face, but oh well who am i to talk or judge, somebody gotta tell the truth though and i know most people would rather hide that truth then speak upon it..that some people hate the truth and the goodness of God ...etc John 3:16

Last edited:
Reactions: mjrhealth