Blood and Water

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it may have been Nicky gumbell-the alpha course leader. Did the course as I was leaving rcc
To me, if that is the source, that means that nothing from that course is to be accepted.
Anything they taught that might possibly be truth, must first be proven by Scripture , not from them, to be truth before continuing to believe or accept it.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To me, if that is the source, that means that nothing from that course is to be accepted.
Anything they taught that might possibly be truth, must first be proven by Scripture , not from them, to be truth before continuing to believe or accept it.
Yes. Reject alpha now. Allowed myself to be deceived by another lie-just something I remember hearing 20+ years ago. Don’t know if it’s true

That’s why im not in church anymore-still searching:)

Reactions: Joseph77

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Reject alpha now. Allowed myself to be deceived by another lie-just something I remember hearing 20+ years ago. Don’t know if it’s true

That’s why im not in church anymore-still searching:)
Was given a New Testament by a lovely elderly gent while doing that course. That’s when I found the real Jesus, so not all bad...He had the victory in spite of deception and lies :)

Reactions: Joseph77

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus was pierced out came blood and water. My question is this, why water, what's this mean? John 19:34 I noticed in my Mass they add water to the wine.

And does that relate to sweat as great drops of blood, Luke 22:44?

Or does it relate to turning water into wine? John 2:1-11

Thanks, kinda bizarre questions, I know.

I remember as a young person there was a sermon that included the manifestation of water and blood from where He was pierced, and supposedly, scientifically, the water with the blood was the sign of a broken heart.

The sweat was like, not actually blood. He sweated profusely.

Reactions: dev553344

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I find myself re-creating the wheel. When others have already figured out stuff and I can just learn from them. So I study orthodox. I do ask questions though.

I found it necessary to re-create the wheel, as you can tell from the varying responses the wheel is broken. But the hub is for the most part intact. The hub being the core tenets of the faith required for Salvation. I would encourage you not to trust any human for a full revelation of the truth.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus was pierced out came blood and water. My question is this, why water, what's this mean?
Why does it have to mean something?

Crucifixion typically resulted in death through one of two ways. The first way was hypovolemic shock. The prolonged rapid heartbeat resulting from hypovolemic shock can cause fluid to gather in the area around the heart. This is called pericardial effusion.

Or asphyxiation.
This asphyxiation can also result in the buildup of fluid around the heart.

A spear was shoved into His side, likely under His ribs, that ruptured the pericardial sack, resulting in a flow of both blood and water.

Not everything in the Bible is symbolic.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says clearly blood.
www dot gotquestions.org/sweat-blood-Jesus.html. (question/test all things no matter from where before accepting)
"Although God’s plan was designed before the creation of the world (Ephesians 1:4–5), we must never forget that its execution came at a great cost. Ultimately, then, we are the ones responsible for the blood that dripped from our Savior as He prayed in the garden. And we are the reason Jesus’ soul was overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Indeed, these bloodied sweat drops came at a great cost; let us never forget that."

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember as a young person there was a sermon that included the manifestation of water and blood from where He was pierced, and supposedly, scientifically, the water with the blood was the sign of a broken heart.

According to dr Georgia purdom, He sweated profusely.
Crucifixion was only Reserved For criminals, Not Roman criminals, because it was too horrific!
Crucifixion means excruciation.
In Gethsemane. He was in agony (the only time this word was mentioned). People under Mental (extreme) stress-can actually sweat blood.

(His trial was illegal. The Sanhedrin ‘chose’ not to believe who He was. His friends & family had deserted Him too.)

Mental stress & Agony-then that scourging! (Think of the passion movie)
He was Spat on, mocked, beard pulled out (prophesied in the O/T).
He would have suffered inner shock from the pain. Yet He took no pain relief (gall-myrrh were pain relievers).
No bones could’ve been broken on the Passover lamb, but Dislocation was more than likely-with Nails forced through the ankles (/stype).
Also, Forsaken by His heavenly Father.

The Romans made sure He was dead. They were experts at it.

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
According to dr Georgia purdom, He sweated profusely.
Crucifixion was only Reserved For criminals, Not Roman criminals, because it was too horrific!
Crucifixion means excruciation.
In Gethsemane. He was in agony (the only time this word was mentioned). People under Mental (extreme) stress-can actually sweat blood.

(His trial was illegal. The Sanhedrin ‘chose’ not to believe who He was. His friends & family had deserted Him too.)

Mental stress & Agony-then that scourging! (Think of the passion movie)
He was Spat on, mocked, beard pulled out (prophesied in the O/T).
He would have suffered inner shock from the pain. Yet He took no pain relief (gall-myrrh were pain relievers).
No bones could’ve been broken on the Passover lamb, but Dislocation was more than likely-with Nails forced through the ankles (/stype).
Also, Forsaken by His heavenly Father.

The Romans made sure He was dead. They were experts at it.

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

:(

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Scripture says clearly blood.
www dot gotquestions.org/sweat-blood-Jesus.html. (question/test all things no matter from where before accepting)
"Although God’s plan was designed before the creation of the world (Ephesians 1:4–5), we must never forget that its execution came at a great cost. Ultimately, then, we are the ones responsible for the blood that dripped from our Savior as He prayed in the garden. And we are the reason Jesus’ soul was overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Indeed, these bloodied sweat drops came at a great cost; let us never forget that."
Not a ‘piper’ fan :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found it necessary to re-create the wheel, as you can tell from the varying responses the wheel is broken. But the hub is for the most part intact. The hub being the core tenets of the faith required for Salvation. I would encourage you not to trust any human for a full revelation of the truth.

I came from Mormon religion, and had to re-create the wheel, sooooo much :) I'm a little hesitant to add water to wine in a sacrament, since Jesus didn't do that for the Apostles. The water I think was a sign, I agree with that. But adding a sign to the sacrament, maybe that's where I don't agree with the Catholic church, but then I was Mormon and took water instead of wine, so what do I know anyways.

I was struggling to accept Jesus as a man and but not as a God, so water with blood seemed strange to me and I couldn't let it go. But after talking about it with the people on this forum, I feel better and more willing to accept Jesus was a man that died on the cross as a sacrifice and God among us Matthew 1:23 :)

Reactions: lforrest

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why does it have to mean something?

Crucifixion typically resulted in death through one of two ways. The first way was hypovolemic shock. The prolonged rapid heartbeat resulting from hypovolemic shock can cause fluid to gather in the area around the heart. This is called pericardial effusion.

Or asphyxiation.
This asphyxiation can also result in the buildup of fluid around the heart.

A spear was shoved into His side, likely under His ribs, that ruptured the pericardial sack, resulting in a flow of both blood and water.

Not everything in the Bible is symbolic.
Yes. I’ve heard this too.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Catholic Chronicles".

Hello Joseph,

I looked up and read those Chronicles. Like many protestant descriptions of the Catholic faith, it is a mixture of truth, misunderstanding and outright falsehood.
If you are interested in what the Church really believes and practices, I would urge you to lay down your preconceptions and read the Catechism of the Catholic Church
from the beginning (including introduction!)

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Joseph,

I looked up and read those Chronicles. Like many protestant descriptions of the Catholic faith, it is a mixture of truth, misunderstanding and outright falsehood.
If you are interested in what the Church really believes and practices, I would urge you to lay down your preconceptions and read the Catechism of the Catholic Church
from the beginning (including introduction!)

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!
I read some of it-didn’t find Jesus there!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thought he was the main man on gotquestions.org?
I don't think so, but don't know, (piper was often exposed as false gospel , false teachings, false teacher, along with all of his students who learned from and who support him)
and I did not see his name on the page....
Note I just used a paragraph or so from the page, and
everything being subject to testing and proving, no matter who says it, even if as if an angel of light or the Apostles....

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Agree