Blood and Water

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So many persons so many certain speculations and anything but the plain words!

"There came out" by law of gravity on liquids, two liquids together yet separate: "water and blood" (as could be found from a dead dog for instance) from the place where the lance pierced into the dead body or flesh of Jesus. As such it was not the "blood of Christ" nor even the blood of an imposter, but what was written it had to be and according to prophecy was: dead "water" and dead "blood" from or through which spiritual Life could not be gotten. In fact it was to be "bewailed" according to Scripture. All that it has (have) to do with salvation is that it was the Word of God fulfilled "concerning the Christ how that He had to Suffer". That - Scripture - is all to be believed about the "water and blood"; whatever further, is SUPERSTITION AND LIES.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who told you the "sweat" was blood?
Nobody.

The Bible says he sweated great drops as blood.
Rubbish. You are so sure of your conclusions, but cannot even read: "his SWEAT fell to the ground LIKE drops of blood" which comparative statement is meant to describe Jesus' SPIRITUAL AGONY and has absolutely NOTHING to do with physical malfunction.
Like I said earlier, I have an elderly customer that got "sun poisoning" as a young girl and bled through her pores once.

I did not mention God or Jesus to get her to tell me that.

I believe it is possible.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen. Sweating blood drops is definitely possible.
hematohidrosis; It may occur in individuals suffering from extreme levels of stress. Around the sweat glands, there are multiple blood vessels, which can constrict and rupture under pressure of great stress.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hematohidrosis; It may occur in individuals suffering from extreme levels of stress. Around the sweat glands, there are multiple blood vessels, which can constrict and rupture under pressure of great stress.
Raising teenagers?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Bible says he sweated great drops as it were blood.
No, show the text, It does NOT say what you insist on, only because you are wrong and won't admit -- wrong 'theologically', wrong linguistically, wrong MORALLY and you know it!

Besides, what you say here does not even say what you said here,
Truther said:
<<Sweating blood>> because <<as were it>>, is not same as actually <sweating blood>.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Nobody.

The Bible says he sweated great drops as blood.
Like I said earlier, I have an elderly customer that got "sun poisoning" as a young girl and bled through her pores once.

I did not mention God or Jesus to get her to tell me that.

I believe it is possible.

Because you <believe it is possible> means it did happen - whatever you believe. Never mind to mention God and Jesus for what you believe.

Again, for how many times you repeated it, for so many times now, having no Scripture you are lying.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you <believe it is possible> means it did happen - whatever you believe. Never mind to mention God and Jesus for what you believe.

Again, for how many times you repeated it, for so many times now, having no Scripture you are lying.
I said it is possible but I am not sure if it was actual blood or unusually profuse sweating.

Read closer.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, show the text, It does NOT say what you insist on, only because you are wrong and won't admit -- wrong 'theologically', wrong linguistically, wrong MORALLY and you know it!

Besides, what you say here does not even say what you said here,
Truther said:
<<Sweating blood>> because <<as were it>>, is not same as actually <sweating blood>.
And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22:42-51 (Wuest - The New Testament: An Expanded Translation) 42 Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my desire but yours, let it keep on being done. 43 And there appeared to Him an angel from heaven, strengthening Him. 44 And having entered a state of severe mental and emotional struggle to the point of agony, He was praying more earnestly. And His perspiration became like great drops of blood [by reason of the fact that His blood burst through the ruptured walls of the capillaries, the latter caused by His agony, coloring the perspiration and enlarging the drops] continually falling down upon the ground. 45 And having arisen from His prayer, having come to the disciples, He found them sleeping because of their sorrow. 46 And He said to them, Why are you sleeping? Having arisen, be praying in order that you may not enter into a place of testing which would subject you to a solicitation to do evil. 47 While He was still speaking, behold, a crowd, and the one called Judas, one of the Twelve, was proceeding before them, and he drew near to Jesus to kiss Him. 48 And Jesus said to him, Judas, with a kiss are you betraying the Son of Man? 49 And those around Him, having seen that which would follow, said, Lord, shall we strike with the sword? 50 And a certain one of them struck the slave of the chief priest and took off his ear, the right one. 51 And, answering, Jesus said, Be permitting me to do what I wish to do up to this point. And having touched the ear, He healed him.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22:42-51 (Wuest - The New Testament: An Expanded Translation) 42 Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my desire but yours, let it keep on being done. 43 And there appeared to Him an angel from heaven, strengthening Him. 44 And having entered a state of severe mental and emotional struggle to the point of agony, He was praying more earnestly. And His perspiration became like great drops of blood [by reason of the fact that His blood burst through the ruptured walls of the capillaries, the latter caused by His agony, coloring the perspiration and enlarging the drops] continually falling down upon the ground. 45 And having arisen from His prayer, having come to the disciples, He found them sleeping because of their sorrow. 46 And He said to them, Why are you sleeping? Having arisen, be praying in order that you may not enter into a place of testing which would subject you to a solicitation to do evil. 47 While He was still speaking, behold, a crowd, and the one called Judas, one of the Twelve, was proceeding before them, and he drew near to Jesus to kiss Him. 48 And Jesus said to him, Judas, with a kiss are you betraying the Son of Man? 49 And those around Him, having seen that which would follow, said, Lord, shall we strike with the sword? 50 And a certain one of them struck the slave of the chief priest and took off his ear, the right one. 51 And, answering, Jesus said, Be permitting me to do what I wish to do up to this point. And having touched the ear, He healed him.
That version is mass commentary.

It does not resemble the KJV.

It looks like the author was writing a play.

Yikes.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It totally fits properly and fully in Scripture the Greek language and Hebrew way of life and of thinking, and all of Scripture, perfectly.

If you don't think so - what part do you think different from what is written ?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It totally fits properly and fully in Scripture the Greek language and Hebrew way of life and of thinking, and all of Scripture, perfectly.

If you don't think so - what part do you think different from what is written ?
Like I said...mass commentary.

You and I could have inserted all that extra stuff to force the words to say whatever we insist in our own translations.

Not wise though.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

45 And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,

46 And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

47 And while he yet spake, behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near unto Jesus to kiss him.

48 But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?

49 When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?

50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.

51 And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

Try counting the amount of words used between the passage translations.

All those extra words were not God's but modern man's.

Last edited: