Body of Christ never mentioned in Revelation, but The Bride is.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always pray that I will not fail in faith right now. That all I ask of Him will not be for nothing because I faint.

His word never returns void...I know you know that scripture, but just wanted to remind you. :) And, don't we all faint at times? I do.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the fear is that you may not have enough to eat, drink or wear, so you set up a stockpile. But moths could eat it or men could, and probably would, steal it.
Fear has torment. I used to work with a man, he was a professing Christian but all that came out of his mouth was fear fear fear. He died in an early age. This man had stuff buried in the ground All around his property.

Perfect love casts out fear, this is why scripture commands provoke one another to love.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear has torment. I used to work with a man, he was a professing Christian but all that came out of his mouth was fear fear fear. He died in an early age. This man had stuff buried in the ground All around his property.

Perfect love casts out fear, this is why scripture commands provoke one another to love.
I come from a family of worry warts...mom, dad and most all my sibs and myself ended up like that as well. That fear of not knowing how I would ever be able to pay this, or get that fixed was paralyzing. It wasn't until I started to meditate and think on the scripture "Be still and know that I am God" that I started to rest, really rest in Him. The fear is gone now...I think God told me, or had me thinking, 'why would you worry if you have no control anyhow, of that or this thing' and, from that day on, the fear is gone, just gone. And, all those things have been and still are being taken care of one way or another. I have my wooden fencing coming down all around me and still want to pinch myself because I don't fret about it. Don't know what He is going to do about it but, I refuse to worry about it...I KNOW He will come through somehow!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I come from a family of worry warts...mom, dad and most all my sibs and myself ended up like that as well. That fear of not knowing how I would ever be able to pay this, or get that fixed was paralyzing. It wasn't until I started to meditate and think on the scripture "Be still and know that I am God" that I started to rest, really rest in Him. The fear is gone now...I think God told me, or had me thinking, 'why would you worry if you have no control anyhow, of that or this thing' and, from that day on, the fear is gone, just gone. And, all those things have been and still are being taken care of one way or another. I have my wooden fencing coming down all around me and still want to pinch myself because I don't fret about it. Don't know what He is going to do about it but, I refuse to worry about it...I KNOW He will come through somehow!
He has a way of bringing down barriers?
Maybe this is a blessing?

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes He does, and that alone is a comfort.
Isaiah 49:13,16 KJV
[13] Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. [16] Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

Tecarta Bible

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His word never returns void...I know you know that scripture, but just wanted to remind you. :) And, don't we all faint at times? I do.

This is somewhere that I currently am, actually. It began with finally, finally, choosing to stand firm on what He has said about earthly things and refusing to sin by worrying about earthly provision because He knows what I have need of. 10 months later, it has come as a shock that He has not given me enough this past month as He began to for the previous 9. So I think I am learning the second part of: our God will save us/see to us. The second part is: and even if He doesn't, we will still worship Him.

I think it's related to...my will. And maybe related to not having counted all I have as dung (maybe). And related to further testing and coming out more pure in trust. And maybe related to: You have provided and protected her, but now, take what you have given her and she will surely curse you to your face. God replied to satan, concerning Job, alright, you may test him.

I refused sin and chose trusting what He said about providing for me. I was blameless in my trust. (At least in this area). So of course I should expect testing/sifting and I should (since I've seen firsthand the truth of what God has said) expect, and even rejoice at, testing.

But I know how weak and prone to fainting in weariness I am, so I pray that He will give me strength and I will be pleasing to Him in this. Of myself, I believe I will faint, so that's why I pray for His strength. I don't have any confidence in my own strength but I have complete confidence in His strength.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is somewhere that I currently am, actually. It began with finally, finally, choosing to stand firm on what He has said about earthly things and refusing to sin by worrying about earthly provision because He knows what I have need of. 10 months later, it has come as a shock that He has not given me enough this past month as He began to for the previous 9. So I think I am learning the second part of: our God will save us/see to us. The second part is: and even if He doesn't, we will still worship Him.

I think it's related to...my will. And maybe related to not having counted all I have as dung (maybe). And related to further testing and coming out more pure in trust. And maybe related to: You have provided and protected her, but now, take what you have given her and she will surely curse you to your face. God replied to satan, concerning Job, alright, you may test him.

I refused sin and chose trusting what He said about providing for me. I was blameless in my trust. (At least in this area). So of course I should expect testing/sifting and I should (since I've seen firsthand the truth of what God has said) expect, and even rejoice at, testing.

But I know how weak and prone to fainting in weariness I am, so I pray that He will give me strength and I will be pleasing to Him in this. Of myself, I believe I will faint, so that's why I pray for His strength. I don't have any confidence in my own strength but I have complete confidence in His strength.
Well served.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the fear is that you may not have enough to eat, drink or wear, so you set up a stockpile. But moths could eat it or men could, and probably would, steal it.
I'm kind of figuring my stored food will be for my neighbors after they bust in the door . . .

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm kind of figuring my stored food will be for my neighbors after they bust in the door . . .

Lol.
The whole stockpiling thing reeks of the manna episode to me, where the fear of God not providing enough for tomorrow nags at you and so you disobey and refuse to have the obedience of trust and collect only enough for the day, but instead collect more just in case God doesn't give you food tomorrow too.

Add in the mocking chatter of your own mind telling you that you are a fool to not prepare for this "in case" and voila, you have the perfect recipe for moldy worm soup.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Add in the mocking chatter of your own mind telling you that you are a fool to not prepare for this "in case" and voila, you have the perfect recipe for moldy worm soup.
"the mocking chatter of your own mind", I love it! What a description!

Much love!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I find there is no reference to "The Bride Of Christ" anywhere in the bible.
Fourteen times, is the word, "bride," mentioned in the New Testament, only oonce in the Gospel of John, and then 4 more times in Rev. In John, the "bridegroom" is said to be Jesus Christ.
Revelation 21: "And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband." <---Is this to mean that the Jews are the "bride"? And, Christians will be the "guests" at the wedding supper of the Lamb? After all, the Jew's ARE the chosen of God...and I believe it is a Hebrew custom for the Father to choose the wife of their sons...not sure but, it's what I have heard said.
Any thoughts?
Hello @Nancy,

I have only now seen this thread, and have only read the OP, so I do not know what replies you have received. You are right, the term, 'The Bride Of Christ', used so widely by believers, is not mentioned in Scripture. You refer to Revelation 21, and there we are told what constitutes the Bride of the Lamb. I don't believe God uses words without reason, and if He wanted to use the words, 'The Bride of Christ' in Revelation 21, He would have done so. No, He chose the words, 'The Bride of the Lamb'. So it important that we consider why?

* My first thought when I read your OP, especially Revelation 21 was to look at Isaiah 62, and I think you will see why when you read it. For it is Jerusalem (Zion) that is the subject of it, as in Revelation 21, and in verse 62:5 is said, 'For as a man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons rejoice over thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.' The inhabitants of the New Jerusalem, are those who constitute the Bride of the Lamb I believe, and they are the 'overcomers' of Revelation, who have gone through the tribulation and loved not their lives unto death, endured to the end and were faithful, along with such overcomers as those men and women of faith listed in Hebrews 11, who overcame in their generations. For they are worthy. The overcomers will live and reign with Christ for a thousand years.

* There is so much that I do not understand, but I praise God for His Word. For we can, with the aid of a concordance trace through and read passages which have the words, 'Bridegroom', 'Lamb', describe the New Jerusalem and so on, so we can be free from man's opinions, and trust in His Word alone.

* We know that the Lord Jesus Christ is 'the Lamb of God which taketh away the sins of the world'. In Revelation we see the Lamb spoken of on several occasions, and the context of each usage should be looked up and studied I feel.

* There is one such passage that I love to read, for it shows such tender love on the part of the Lamb of God, Who, having suffered so terribly Himself, can empathise with those who were faithful to His testimony, and gave their lives for the glory of His Name. The loving kindness He shows is so beautiful ( I believe it is Revelation 21:9+).

* I have to go now, but I hope you are able to follow through on this. I am not sure of the guests at the wedding, although I have studied it at one time. At present my mind will not apply itself, I think I must be tired.

Praise God! for His loving Kindness: and the joy it has been just thinking of it, that your OP has been.

With love to you, Nancy.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Nancy,

I have only now seen this thread, and have only read the OP, so I do not know what replies you have received. You are right, the term, 'The Bride Of Christ', used so widely by believers, is not mentioned in Scripture. You refer to Revelation 21, and there we are told what constitutes the Bride of the Lamb. I don't believe God uses words without reason, and if He wanted to use the words, 'The Bride of Christ' in Revelation 21, He would have done so. No, He chose the words, 'The Bride of the Lamb'. So it important that we consider why?

* My first thought when I read your OP, especially Revelation 21 was to look at Isaiah 62, and I think you will see why when you read it. For it is Jerusalem (Zion) that is the subject of it, as in Revelation 21, and in verse 62:5 is said, 'For as a man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons rejoice over thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.' The inhabitants of the New Jerusalem, are those who constitute the Bride of the Lamb I believe, and they are the 'overcomers' of Revelation, who have gone through the tribulation and loved not their lives unto death, endured to the end and were faithful, along with such overcomers as those men and women of faith listed in Hebrews 11. For they are worthy. The overcomers will live and reign with Christ for a thousand years.

* There is so much that I do not understand, but I praise God for His Word. For we can, with the aid of a concordance trace through and read passages which have the words, 'Bridegroom', 'Lamb', and so on in them, so we can be free from man's opinions, and trust in His Word alone.

* We know that the Lord Jesus Christ is 'the Lamb of God which taketh away the sins of the world'. In Revelation we see the Lamb spoken of on several occasions, and the context of each usage should be looked up and studied I feel.

* There is one such passage that I love to read, for it shows such tender love on the part of the Lamb of God, Who, having suffered so terribly Himself, can empathise with those who were faithful to His testimony, and gave their lives for the glory of His Name. The loving kindness He shows is so beautiful ( I believe it is Revelation 21:9+).

* I have to go now, but I hope you are able to follow through on this. I am not sure of the guests at the wedding, although I have studied it at one time. At present my mind will not apply itself, I think I must be tired.

Praise God! for His loving Kindness: and the joy it has been just thinking of it, that your OP has been.

With love to you, Nancy.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Thank you Chris,
I will copy and paste your post so I can go over it later when I have no interruptions...I want so to be a much better student of His word...I never had good study habits in school, none of my 6 siblings did either...but, the WORD is a whole different thing and I want, crave to understand.
xo

Reactions: Waiting on him

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, in the future does not alarm me.
Hi SBG,

Can I ask what you're planning to do for the ~6 months~ in which we won't be able to "buy or sell"?

For your reference:
  • According to my understanding (Ref. J.R. Church, "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms") this will occur in Spring of 2021.
  • RE: Luke 22:35-36 -- In the last instructions given to the Disciples (and thereby the church), Jesus recounted that HE met our needs while HE was with us, but after HE departed HE instructed that we would have to meet our own needs by using our PURSE, BAG, and SWORD!
  • Some have asserted massive "detainment camps" being built in various regions of the U.S.
So please respond to my question in context with Luke 22, and with respect to the detainment camp (i.e., concentration camp) "option".

Rev. 13:10 ... Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.
Rev. 14:12 12 Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Thanks!
Bobby Jo

Last edited: