Books Omitted From The Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
But as the old saying goes, "you can't have it both ways". Some religiously declare that the KJV is inerrant yet it contained the Apocrypha which some claim is errant.

i concider the apocrypha to be just as evine as mathew.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
JerryJohnson:

All of the books God wanted in the Bible are in the Bible. He has the ability to keep His Word. End of subject!

Best answer I have seen.

Man is not so much in control as to stop God from getting us what He wanted us to have. The Holy Ghost is our teacher, and if all those other books were suppose to be included, then bless God, nobody could stop them from being published in all the different bibles today.

Just because the bible "May" mention other records, does not mean they are Holy Ghost inspired, and are God's Word. If the Bible were to mention someones shopping list, and we unearth that list, does not mean it should be included as scripture.

1 Camel
1 Donkey (2 if there is a sale)
Bread
Fish (if not more than 2 days old)

It's also a big reach to assume that we actually have the real original works the bible may mention. People can name anything the way they want. This is a faith issue, and faith would trust God to give us what we need and what He considers correct.

Jesus Is Lord.

unknown2me

Feb 11, 2010
JerryJohnson:

Best answer I have seen.

Man is not so much in control as to stop God from getting us what He wanted us to have. The Holy Ghost is our teacher, and if all those other books were suppose to be included, then bless God, nobody could stop them from being published in all the different bibles today.

Just because the bible "May" mention other records, does not mean they are Holy Ghost inspired, and are God's Word. If the Bible were to mention someones shopping list, and we unearth that list, does not mean it should be included as scripture.

1 Camel
1 Donkey (2 if there is a sale)
Bread
Fish (if not more than 2 days old)

It's also a big reach to assume that we actually have the real original works the bible may mention. People can name anything the way they want. This is a faith issue, and faith would trust God to give us what we need and what He considers correct.

Jesus Is Lord.

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind.

Is this your number 1 priority of your life.

yes or no?

unknown2me

Feb 11, 2010
unknown, what size hat do you wear?
fivesense

Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
are you aware that many bibles before the kjv and even the original 1611 kjv contained the apocrypha?

was king james more godly than the earlier prophets and gospel writers?

unknown2me

Feb 11, 2010
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind.

sniper762, on 08 April 2010 - 06:51 PM, said:before i answer, i need to know what YOU call "the words of jesus" What do you call someone that tells you they are going to do something...but do not?

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
The NIV...... Is not the word of god .. Why..... they have taken away . And if any man shall take away from the words of this book ..... and the NIV ..... has.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
WoW, get so mad about something so silly. I don't agree with Sniper762 position, but not to the point of name calling. This is a debate forum, and it's a miracle of God that someone changes their position on something because someone else made sense to them. We should have this understanding before going in with our 2 cents.............

And Unknown2Me

to answer your question............

after reading your post, I think you need to keep reading..................

Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Jesus Is Lord.

Reactions: Interceptor

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
what do you guys think of the many religious books that were written (many mentioned in the bible), that were not included in the biblical canon?
were they devinely inspired? who gave king james the authority to decide which books were?

The Old Testament books that Jesus and the Apostles used was the Septuagint (sometimes called the LXX). These old Testament books contain 39 books. At the end of the First Century, the Jewish Council of Jamnia, which consisted of the Pharisees, got together and took out 7 books from the Old Testament and parts of Esther and Daniel. As a result, the Jewish Council of Jamnia produced the "Palestinian canon." The Apostles and the Early Christians, however, refused to follow the Jewish Council of Jamnia and continued to hold on and preserve the 39 books of the Old Testament in the Septuagint.

Toward the end of the Fourth Century, the Church canonized the New Testament books. At the time of Reformation, the Protestants who split from the Roman Catholic Church decided to follow the Palestinian canon and proceeded to take out the 7 books and parts of Esther and Daniel from their Bibles. Thus, the Protestant and Catholic Bibles are different in the Old Testament books. The Protestants followed the Palestinian canon, which the Jews canonized since the end of the first century. The Catholic Church and Eastern Orthodox Church, however, did not take out the books but continued to hold these books as "inspired" just as the Apostles and the Early Christians did. The Septuagint, which has the 39 books is known as the Alexandrian canon. Below is a weblink explaining about the Septuagint Old Testament books that Jesus, the Apostles, and the Early Christians used.

http://www.septuagint.net/