Books Outside the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BobRyan

Jul 27, 2018
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Using sola Scriptura please list the books that you are required to have in your bible to adhere to the full Truth of God.....;)

Mary

Games are irrelevant and everyone knows the NT saints were reading long before the RCC was invented.

We also know that the Jews - not the Catholics - wrote the OT. And we know that their own first century historian Josephus tells us they had no books added to the Bible after the time of Malachi.

That ends your entire "books of the Bible" rabbit trail. Back to doctrine.

Last edited:

BobRyan

Jul 27, 2018
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the leaders/men of the Churches that promoted stealing of anything or driving anyone that disagreed with them out of their homes and businesses were wrong in promoting those actions.

SO you have downsized Lateran IV's "Exterminate" into "expell by force and steal all their possessions" - and now you admit that even that downsized form would be sin, evil, criminal.

So we have an ecumenical council - LATERAN IV entering into Canon law - decrees that are in fact criminal. And you are free to admit it and repudiate such wickedness. Same here. Not only when the RCC does it but also when England did it for the short periods of time where they were inclined to follow suit against Catholics.

I was simply hoping for a common ground of sanity and common sense.

What I have done for you is given you the historical use for the word exterminate and how it translates from Latin to English.

What I have done for you is to show that your own Jesuits repudiate your claim.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am not sure how you stalking (to pursue obsessively and to the point of harassment) me and you being creepy (of, relating to, or being a creep: annoyingly unpleasant) has anything to do with Halloween, dead people or your ignorant childish comments.

Mary
um, you could always stop tagging me, Mary, but you don't?
i guess you love it, let's be honest for just a second

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Games are irrelevant and everyone knows the NT saints were reading long before the RCC was invented.
I am glad I was able to show you how sola Scriptura, an unbiblical belief you have held onto for years, is self refuting.

Your welcome.....;)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am not sure how you stalking (to pursue obsessively and to the point of harassment) me and you being creepy (of, relating to, or being a creep: annoyingly unpleasant) has anything to do with Halloween, dead people or your ignorant childish comments.

Mary
i notice you bailed on this other convo, you can pick it up here if you like
Has anyone here ever read this document?

BobRyan

Jul 27, 2018
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Using sola Scriptura please list the books that you are required to have in your bible to adhere to the full Truth of God.....;)

Mary

We also know that the Jews - not the Catholics - wrote the OT. And we know that their own first century historian Josephus tells us they had no books added to the Bible after the time of Malachi (400 years before Christ)

I am glad I was able to show you how sola Scriptura, an unbiblical belief you have held onto for years, is self refuting.

Your welcome.....;)

Your imagination at that point is not the compelling response you may have at first imagined it to be.

Acts 17:11

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SO you have downsized Lateran IV's "Exterminate" into "expell by force and steal all their possessions" - and now you admit that even that downsized form would be sin, evil, criminal.

So we have an ecumenical council - LATERAN IV entering into Canon law - decrees that are in fact criminal. And you are free to admit it and repudiate such wickedness. Same here. Not only when the RCC does it but also when England did it for the short periods of time where they were inclined to follow suit against Catholics.

Thank you BR!!

Not sure what you mean by 'NOW you admit". Did you not read my post from 4 days ago?

Did you even read the Lateran IV document? If you did you would see HOW those actions (expelling from land, taking of property etc.) was to have taken place and therefor if it did happen then it would not have been illegal/criminal (against mans law).

Ummmmm.....No, you haven't shown me anything. You may FEEL like you have I assure you, you haven't.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We also know that the Jews - not the Catholics - wrote the OT. And we know that their own first century historian Josephus tells us they had no books added to the Bible after the time of Malachi.

Got it....You can't use your own theory (sola Scriptura) to back up what you believe.

Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Please learn/study YOUR Christian history.

Historical Mary
I have. In the catholic one has a nasty one. As shown in Revelations. The bloody Harlot.

BobRyan

Jul 27, 2018
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary

We also know that the Jews - not the Catholics - wrote the OT. And we know that their own first century historian Josephus tells us they had no books added to the Bible after the time of Malachi (400 years before Christ)

Your welcome.....;)

Your imagination at that point is not the compelling response you may have at first imagined it to be.

Got it....You can't use your own theory (sola Scriptura) to back up what you believe.

interesting fiction.

1. Acts 17:11 is not my statement - its God's . You will just have to deal with it. Mark 7:6-13 Christ shows just how that is done. End of story.
2. Sola Scriptura is not refuted by the fact that all NT texts were completed AND being read long BEFORE there ever was an RCC. Not sure how this escapes you.
3. Sola Scriptura is not refuted by the fact that the Hebrew Bible was fully canonized before the time of Christ - before there was an RCC..Not sure how this escapes you.

You could always "pretend not to notice details" but then.. I will keep bringing them up by way of "response".

This is not the hard part.

BobRyan

Jul 27, 2018
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the leaders/men of the Churches that promoted stealing of anything or driving anyone that disagreed with them out of their homes and businesses were wrong in promoting those actions.

What I have done for you is given you the historical use for the word exterminate and how it translates from Latin to English.

Thank you BR!!

Not sure what you mean by 'NOW you admit". Did you not read my post from 4 days ago?

I am not trying to add a time line to your decision. Just noting that it is there.

Did you even read the Lateran IV document? If you did you would see HOW those actions (expelling from land, taking of property etc.) was to have taken place and therefor if it did happen then it would not have been illegal/criminal

It would be criminal in the same way that hitler's rules were criminal. Crimes against humanity.

The point remains.

This is the easy and obvious part of the discussion.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

interesting fiction.

1. Acts 17:11 is not my statement - its God's . You will just have to deal with it. Mark 7:6-13 Christ shows just how that is done. End of story.
2. Sola Scriptura is not refuted by the fact that all NT texts were completed AND being read long BEFORE there ever was an RCC. Not sure how this escapes you.
3. Sola Scriptura is not refuted by the fact that the Hebrew Bible was fully canonized before the time of Christ - before there was an RCC..Not sure how this escapes you.

You could always "pretend not to notice details" but then.. I will keep bringing them up by way of "response".

This is not the hard part.
Hi.

Acts 17:11 does not contain a list of books that belong in the bible.

Care to try again?

Using sola Scriptura please list the books that you are required to have in your bible to adhere to the full Truth of God.

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am not trying to add a time line to your decision. Just noting that it is there.

It would be criminal in the same way that hitler's rules were criminal. Crimes against humanity.
I don't understand the "your own Jesuits repudiate your claim" statement..... but if it makes sense to you then I digress.

I am not asking YOU to add a time line. I am TELLING you that you are beating a dead horse.

I agree with you....They would be crimes against humanity but not crimes committed by The Church.....albeit condoned by The Church.

Mary

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Mary
Allow me to clarify, because the sola scripturists don't get it. If scripture alone is the sole rule of faith, then there should be a "rule of faith" over what books belong in the Bible. There is no list. There are no verses anywhere in the Bible listing what books belong in it. Sola scriptura fails the first test. The only way they would know what books belong in the Bible and how they got there is to go outside the Bible. The sola scripturist would have to acknowledge the authority of the Church that compiled the inspired books, then they could no longer be a sola scripturist. Radical Protestants defy their own historians and dream up Bible origin fantasies to go around this problem. That's why they don't get it.

The psychotic anti-Catholic will scream that the Church claims more authority than the Bible and we have to patiently explain, for the millionth time, that this is not the case. Hate sites, such as bereanbeacon, lie about the relationship of the Bible and the Church,, gullible Christians read it, then think they have a bat to beat Catholics with, and paste the lies on forums.

Reactions: Marymog

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus redeemed (pid for) EVERY person who ever live or ever WILL live.
ALL are redeemed – but NOT all are saved. That takes faith, repentance, and Baptism (Mark 18:16, Acts 2:38).

In other words, my disobedient friend – it takes OUR cooperation with God’s grace.

Jesus redeemed and paid for (sins) of every person who ever live or will ever live, IS A FALSE STATEMENT. If that were true, no one will ever be put in hell because all of his sins have been redeemed and paid for! There is NOT one sin he will commit that will threaten him with hell.

One Baptism
which is the washing of regeneration (Titus 3:5), never water baptism.

Normally I would have given up trying to share with anyone the true Gospel who adamantly believes man has a part to play in his salvation, but I am compelled not to do so, or can I argue anyone to heaven.

Firstly, grace and faith is a free gift (Ephesians 2:8-9), but did you know that faith is a work and is contrary to verse 9?

Secondly, you and many in Christendom, and especially those on these forums that believe man has a “free will.” Yet Jesus said, “No man can come to me unless the Father draw him” (John 6:44) and again Jesus said, “All that the Father giveth me will come to me and I will have lost none of them” (John 6:37).

But man in his arrogance and perverseness believes he has a “free will” and therefore, he believes his salvation is dependent upon his “cooperation.” Unbeknown to him he is dead in his sins and sold to Satan, therefore, spiritually dead. A dead person has no life in him let alone decide.

SALVATION AS SEEN IN THE RAISING OF LAZARUS.

Before Jesus went to the tomb He told Martha, “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”

At the tomb, Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus come forth.” Can Lazarus hear the command of Jesus? Of course not he is physically dead and no life within him! But Lazarus did come forth what had to have happened? Well, Jesus had to reach into the tomb and give him life to respond!

1) As Lazarus was physically dead so are we spiritually dead.

2) As Lazarus was physically deaf so are we spiritually deaf dull in hearing the Gospel.

3) As Lazarus was physically dumb so are we spiritually dumb and no ability to speak in the things of God

4) As Lazarus was physically blind so are we spiritually blind to understand the Word of God.

5) And so on…

Now tell me, what part did Lazarus play in his raising from the dead by Jesus? None! Likewise, man in and of himself does NOT have the power to accept, believe, confess Jesus, nor cooperate with God’s grace as you have indicated! Unless it is given from above! (Matthew 3:27)

I suggest you reevaluate your stand/walk with God because you and your church’s doctrines are full of errors!

You display yourself as being one of those who is “ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth!”

To God Be The Glory

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 41:19 = 2Timothy 3:7

Skinny cows are the old testament picture of ever learning and never able to come to the knowlege of the truth.

I glance over this multitude of posts on scriptures, books of the Bible etc. and only say this.

1. The bible as we know it, not the customized Italian RCC version, is not an error. God provided this the most printed book in existence, and it is not a mistake. Surely someone can settle something in their mind as being God wrought.

2. If anything is to be questioned it is the mass of denominations, sects and man created groups that are founded on a few biblical doctrines and scriptures while denying much.

Denominational sects by and large reject the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the gifts thereof. If it can't be explained with the natural mind then it is cast out the door.

3. Blessed are those that are as the prophet Amos who was not a prophet or son of a prophet but a simple unlearned herdsman.

If you question the Bible and how it is made up then certainly you have no confidence in your salvation for if you cannot trust that the book is as God intended then you must also mistrust the salvation in the "part" of it that you possess, thinking "perhaps there's really something else I must know to be really Allright with God.

Colossians 1:23 KJVS
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

1 Peter 5:10 KJVS
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you .

BobRyan

Jul 27, 2018
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you BR!!

Did you even read the Lateran IV document? If you did you would see HOW those actions (expelling from land, taking of property etc.) was to have taken place and therefor if it did happen then it would not have been illegal/criminal

The point remains.
This is the easy and obvious part of the discussion.

I am not asking YOU to add a time line. I am TELLING you that you are beating a dead horse.

If only that were true. Most Catholics we meet these days - not so quick to toss ecumenical councils under a bus as you are - because the core Catholic doctrine on infallability is specific to the canon law created by ecumenical councils. Something you have freely given up - but you appear to be in the "exception to the rule" category in that regard.

I agree with you....They would be crimes against humanity but not crimes committed by The Church.....albeit condoned by The Church.

In Canon3 we have the RCC specifying the punishment to be dealt to any civil authority that fails to commit those crimes against humanity.

That is "the RC church" instead of 'Not the RC church"