Books Outside the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may make more crass statements in the future, but I doubt I could ever top you and Breadman.
Have you ever apologized for a horrible "joke"? Or, if you weren't joking, apologized for a flat out lie?

I suspect, since you have done as I predicted and not apologized, an apology is still not forth coming and you will only triple down and make more crass, nonsensical statements.

I agree, you could never top @BreadOfLife since you lack facts and Truth.

Second chance to apologize for your lie or crass joke (whatever you are calling it) about the KOFC and the Jesuits!!!

Patient Mary

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Follow up from my previous post on this matter.

I am not able to find any public commanding from me of BoL to apologize. In August of 2017 I sent him a private message.

There is a difference between "name calling" and flat out lies or crass "jokes". Especially jokes about killing people. I don't see BoL making those types of "jokes".

Mary

I haven't seen any crass (meaning course, crude, vulgar) jokes from Rollo, and I don't think he was joking about RCC killing people. (Of course, I haven't read all of the posts he has ever posted.) The fact is that the RCC is responsible for taking many lives! I don't know how many, and neither do the Catholics on this thread.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't seen any crass (meaning course, crude, vulgar) jokes from Rollo, and I don't think he was joking about RCC killing people. (Of course, I haven't read all of the posts he has ever posted.) The fact is that the RCC is responsible for taking many lives! I don't know how many, and neither do the Catholics on this thread.
That's NOT what Rollo claimed.
He claimed the complete idiocy that the Knights of Columbus killed "millions."

That's not only a LIE - it's really stupid . . .

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmm......you haven't seen and crass jokes from Rollo? Soooo what were you referencing in post #1049 when you said "I don't think Rollo was off in what he said"???? What was he not "off" on?

If his comment about the KOFC and Jesuits was not a crass joke then he was serious? That makes it worse. It goes from a joke to a lie :(

The FACT is that the Protestant churches were responsible for taking many lives also. Look at the log....well, you know the rest.

Mary

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Got it. What I see from the sidelines is that you have yet to condem @Rollo Tamasi for "joking" about the Knights of Columbus killing people. You then go on to suggest that @BreadOfLife is not a good example of Christianity? @Rollo Tamasi is being a good example of a Christian when he "jokingly" suggest (maybe he was serious?) that the KOFC were involved in killing people? Since he was joking about it, it's OK to make a false accusation? Hmmmmm.....the standards are lower for Rollo than they are for @BreadOfLife? Fascinating!

Mary

Only God knows??? Ask Rollo, he knows.....he said 25 million. ;)
I can't condemn Rollo because he has been denigrated by BoL, just like BoL degigrates anybody he speaks to...including me. He has called me a liar many times but has never been able to prove I was lying...because I don't lie.

All the to do seems to be about this statement:

I’m also encouraged by Benedict XVI, who seems to have inherited John Paul II’s humility as well as his loyalty to foundational doctrines. On Jan. 22, 1998, when he was still a cardinal and the grand Inquisitor (yes!) of the Roman Catholic Church, he declared that their archives (4,500 large volumes) indicate a death toll of 25 million killed by the Catholic Church for being “heretics.” And likely two-thirds of the original volumes are lost. That kind of honesty will help relations (though there is no basis for uniting the RCC with Bible-believing Protestant churches).
source: Which church is the best? - WND

I also was able to find this here:

[1] Canon 3 of the Ecumenical Fourth Lateran Council, 1215 required secular authorities to "exterminate in the territories subject to their jurisdiction all heretics" pointed out by the Catholic Church,[2] resulting in the inquisitor executing certain people accused of heresy. Some laws allowed the civil government to employ punishment.[3] After they were convicted by the Church, they were turned over to the local government for execution because of religious restrictions that kept ecclesial clergy from actually carrying out the executions.[citation needed]

source: List of people burned as heretics - Wikipedia

There is a lot of heretics of the early times of Christianity and going into the middle ages.

Catholicism[edit]

Massacre of the Waldensians of Mérindolin 1545.
In the Catholic Church, obstinate and willful manifest heresy is considered to spiritually cut one off from the Church, even before excommunication is incurred. The Codex Justinianus (1:5:12) defines "everyone who is not devoted to the Catholic Church and to our Orthodox holy Faith" a heretic.[27] The Church had always dealt harshly with strands of Christianity that it considered heretical, but before the 11th century these tended to centre on individual preachers or small localised sects, like Arianism, Pelagianism, Donatism, Marcionism and Montanism. The diffusion of the almost Manichaean sect of Paulicianswestwards gave birth to the famous 11th and 12th century heresies of Western Europe. The first one was that of Bogomils in modern-day Bosnia, a sort of sanctuary between Eastern and Western Christianity. By the 11th century, more organised groups such as the Patarini, the Dulcinians, the Waldensians and the Cathars were beginning to appear in the towns and cities of northern Italy, southern France and Flanders.

In France the Cathars grew to represent a popular mass movement and the belief was spreading to other areas.[28] The Cathar Crusade was initiated by the Catholic Church to eliminate the Cathar heresy in Languedoc.[29][30] Heresy was a major justification for the Inquisition (Inquisitio Haereticae Pravitatis, Inquiry on Heretical Perversity) and for the European wars of religionassociated with the Protestant Reformation.

Protestantism didn't fare much better. There's enough inhumanity to go around.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't condemn Rollo because he has been denigrated by BoL, just like BoL degigrates anybody he speaks to...including me. He has called me a liar many times but has never been able to prove I was lying...because I don't lie.

All the to do seems to be about this statement:

I’m also encouraged by Benedict XVI, who seems to have inherited John Paul II’s humility as well as his loyalty to foundational doctrines. On Jan. 22, 1998, when he was still a cardinal and the grand Inquisitor (yes!) of the Roman Catholic Church, he declared that their archives (4,500 large volumes) indicate a death toll of 25 million killed by the Catholic Church for being “heretics.” And likely two-thirds of the original volumes are lost. That kind of honesty will help relations (though there is no basis for uniting the RCC with Bible-believing Protestant churches).
source: Which church is the best? - WND

I also was able to find this here:

[1] Canon 3 of the Ecumenical Fourth Lateran Council, 1215 required secular authorities to "exterminate in the territories subject to their jurisdiction all heretics" pointed out by the Catholic Church,[2] resulting in the inquisitor executing certain people accused of heresy. Some laws allowed the civil government to employ punishment.[3] After they were convicted by the Church, they were turned over to the local government for execution because of religious restrictions that kept ecclesial clergy from actually carrying out the executions.[citation needed]

source: List of people burned as heretics - Wikipedia

There is a lot of heretics of the early times of Christianity and going into the middle ages.

Catholicism[edit]

Massacre of the Waldensians of Mérindolin 1545.
In the Catholic Church, obstinate and willful manifest heresy is considered to spiritually cut one off from the Church, even before excommunication is incurred. The Codex Justinianus (1:5:12) defines "everyone who is not devoted to the Catholic Church and to our Orthodox holy Faith" a heretic.[27] The Church had always dealt harshly with strands of Christianity that it considered heretical, but before the 11th century these tended to centre on individual preachers or small localised sects, like Arianism, Pelagianism, Donatism, Marcionism and Montanism. The diffusion of the almost Manichaean sect of Paulicianswestwards gave birth to the famous 11th and 12th century heresies of Western Europe. The first one was that of Bogomils in modern-day Bosnia, a sort of sanctuary between Eastern and Western Christianity. By the 11th century, more organised groups such as the Patarini, the Dulcinians, the Waldensians and the Cathars were beginning to appear in the towns and cities of northern Italy, southern France and Flanders.

In France the Cathars grew to represent a popular mass movement and the belief was spreading to other areas.[28] The Cathar Crusade was initiated by the Catholic Church to eliminate the Cathar heresy in Languedoc.[29][30] Heresy was a major justification for the Inquisition (Inquisitio Haereticae Pravitatis, Inquiry on Heretical Perversity) and for the European wars of religionassociated with the Protestant Reformation.

Protestantism didn't fare much better. There's enough inhumanity to go around.
I don't understand. You can't condemn a lie because the person that told the lie has been denigrated?

If in fact BoL called you a liar, and you did not lie, that would be wrong. Which post did he do that in? I will publically call him out on it.

Mary

Reactions: BreadOfLife

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I don't understand. You can't condemn a lie because the person that told the lie has been denigrated?

If in fact BoL called you a liar, and you did not lie, that would be wrong. Which post did he do that in? I will publically call him out on it.

Mary
The above made me giggle.
I don't know how many times @BreadOfLife has called me a liar!
And I HAVE complained to him...you don't need to.
I find that the less I speak to him, the better off I am.

Thing is,,,I know he's right about what he writes,,, it's just unfortunate as to HOW he writes and replies.

I know that many dislike the CC, as if their church is perfect. No church is perfect.
All have made mistakes. I know that the last crusade was wrong, but I can't remember why: But I don't have a problem with the crusades. The inquisition gives me huge problems because the Pope did nothing to stop this atrocity. If you notice, I try not to discuss these matters...it was a long time ago and things have changed and man will always have a sin nature and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

This is really all I'd like to say about this.
How about you or Epostle or BoL starting a thread to CORRECT misconceptions about the cc?? It would be nice. Of course, if BoL participates, it'll quickly turn into an argument and bad mouthing the CC.

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're LYING again because not only have I never called you a "liar" - I've never called you ANYTHING.

If I HAVE - then you need to PROVE it . . .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You're LYING again because not only have I never called you a "liar" - I've never called you ANYTHING.

If I HAVE - then you need to PROVE it . . .
What's to prove?
You just called me a liar above,
AND,
you even stated that I'm lying AGAIN.

That's all the proof I need.
Provided by YOU.

Thanks.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thing is,,,I know he's right about what he writes,,, it's just unfortunate as to HOW he writes and replies.

I know that many dislike the CC, as if their church is perfect. No church is perfect.
All have made mistakes. I know that the last crusade was wrong, but I can't remember why: But I don't have a problem with the crusades. The inquisition gives me huge problems because the Pope did nothing to stop this atrocity. If you notice, I try not to discuss these matters...it was a long time ago and things have changed and man will always have a sin nature and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

How about you or Epostle or BoL starting a thread to CORRECT misconceptions about the cc?? It would be nice. Of course, if BoL participates, it'll quickly turn into an argument and bad mouthing the CC.
Hi GG,

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I fail to understand the part where you said you can't condemn Rollo the Tomato because he has been denigrated by BoL. A liar is a liar and should be called a liar when he lies.

Since you have chosen not to reveal the time(s) BoL has wrongfully called you a liar, and I can't find it in a search, then I will have to take your word with no evidence to back it up.

Here we go again. You, like all many Protestants, speak of the inquisitions as if it was a Catholic thing only. And you wonder why we Catholics get so tired of the blind dislike for The Church? You are blind to the FACT that the Protestants did the same things. So at least be fair and balanced (FOX News reference) in your statements and acknowledge the wrong doings of your own ilk: Calvin's Victims - The Protestant Inquisition I - Atheist Resource

I think @BreadOfLife and @epostle do a great job of correcting the misconception/lies about The Church. Does BoL use words that I wouldn't use? YES! Does that make him wrong in the facts? NO! I will take the "how" he writes over the lies that some post on this forum even though I don't condone either. ;)

I think it was the 4th Crusade you are thinking of that was "wrong".....and I agree with you. Fourth Crusade | HistoryNet

The Pope did not condone the actions of those men and he in fact condemned their actions. Pope Innocent III : Reprimand of Peter, a Papal Legate, for the Sack of Constantinople- July 1204

Respectfully, Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your dishonesty knows NO bounds.

I’ve never even created a thread in the entire time I’ve been on this forum because I’m not here to oick a fight or start a debate.

As I have stated HUNDREDS of times – I am ONLY here to expose lies about the Catholic Church – and those of YOU who spread them keep me VERY busy. I’m not sure why you can’t simply discuss and debate an issue without lying – but it just goes to show how little you know about the things you debate.

This I DO know: Bearing FALSE witness is a sin . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's to prove?
You just called me a liar above,
AND,
you even stated that I'm lying AGAIN.

That's all the proof I need.
Provided by YOU.

Thanks.
Saying that you lied when you actually lied is merely pointing out a fact.

Saying that you are ignorant of what the Catholic Church teaches is simply pointing out another fact.
If I said you were an "ignoramus" - THEN that would be name-calling.

I never "called" you anything - and your insistence that I did tells us TWO things:
a. You LIED again
b. You're not very educated in the English language . . .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what the men of the KOFC do for their fellow humans: What We Do | Knights of Columbus

You should be ashamed of your false statement or "joke" according to your minions.

I suspect an apology is not forth coming and you will only double down and make more crass statements.

Mary
Without accessing your link with regard to the Knights of Columbus, I can testify that one of the best men I have ever known was a Catholic, a Knight of Columbus and an ex-marine who fought in Korea. He returned from the Marine Corps and educated himself to become a teacher of special education students [now called "mentally challenged"], in elementary school. In his spare time he took the altar boys, including myself, into a club where we learned to get along and have fun. He took us on many educational field trips all on his own time and spending his own money. He died many years ago in California where he had always lived. I learned of his death from one of the other former altars boys who was with him when he passed. He had never given up his activities until he was no longer able.
Thank God for that man.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hi GG,

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I fail to understand the part where you said you can't condemn Rollo the Tomato because he has been denigrated by BoL. A liar is a liar and should be called a liar when he lies.

Since you have chosen not to reveal the time(s) BoL has wrongfully called you a liar, and I can't find it in a search, then I will have to take your word with no evidence to back it up.

Here we go again. You, like all many Protestants, speak of the inquisitions as if it was a Catholic thing only. And you wonder why we Catholics get so tired of the blind dislike for The Church? You are blind to the FACT that the Protestants did the same things. So at least be fair and balanced (FOX News reference) in your statements and acknowledge the wrong doings of your own ilk: Calvin's Victims - The Protestant Inquisition I - Atheist Resource

I think @BreadOfLife and @epostle do a great job of correcting the misconception/lies about The Church. Does BoL use words that I wouldn't use? YES! Does that make him wrong in the facts? NO! I will take the "how" he writes over the lies that some post on this forum even though I don't condone either. ;)

I think it was the 4th Crusade you are thinking of that was "wrong".....and I agree with you. Fourth Crusade | HistoryNet

The Pope did not condone the actions of those men and he in fact condemned their actions. Pope Innocent III : Reprimand of Peter, a Papal Legate, for the Sack of Constantinople- July 1204

Respectfully, Mary
Mary,
Go check out the Theology Forum.
I just started a thread about calling priests Father.
Why don't you and BoL take over...
I gave it a good start...

I think this strategy would work much better than "exposing people" as BoL states.

BTW, I do have much respect for you and @epostle

Reactions: Marymog

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Your dishonesty knows NO bounds.

I’ve never even created a thread in the entire time I’ve been on this forum because I’m not here to oick a fight or start a debate.

As I have stated HUNDREDS of times – I am ONLY here to expose lies about the Catholic Church – and those of YOU who spread them keep me VERY busy. I’m not sure why you can’t simply discuss and debate an issue without lying – but it just goes to show how little you know about the things you debate.

This I DO know: Bearing FALSE witness is a sin . . .
I'm a dishonest person who lies and is very ignorant.

Which doesn't make me your type, because you're perfect.
So please leave me alone now.

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a dishonest person who lies and is very ignorant.

Which doesn't make me your type, because you're perfect.
6So please leave me alone now.
I'll leave you alone - until the NEXT time you lie about me or Christ's Catholic Church . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying that you lied when you actually lied is merely pointing out a fact.

Saying that you are ignorant of what the Catholic Church teaches is simply pointing out another fact.
If I said you were an "ignoramus" - THEN that would be name-calling.

I never "called" you anything - and your insistence that I did tells us TWO things:
a. You LIED again
b. You're not very educated in the English language . . .
Oh goodness Bol. If you would have just left out sentence "b." I wouldn't have cringed when I read this. It was unnecessary. :(

This is a good example of why @GodsGrace is troubled by HOW (choice of words) you say things. Just because you are right in what you say it doesn't make you right in HOW you say it. As I told you before "You catch more bee's with honey".

Sincerely, Mary

[email protected] it's just a girl thing that guys don't get.

Reactions: GodsGrace