Born-again believers are to look for and expect a very soon rapture(catching up)!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what doing that KEEPING THE WORD OF HIS PATIENCE is about! His Word REVEALS... that coming FALSE-MESSIAH, and thus how NOT to be tempted by him. How exactly? By WATCHING THE SIGNS Jesus gave us about the events leading up to His future return! I mean, He showed us in several New Testament Scriptures and via His Apostles, about the coming of the FALSE-MESSIAH to exalt himself as GOD and that it will happen first! So don't be deceived He said.

SO all we have to do is to keep an eye on Prophecies and signs? Ok, let's suppose for the sake of discussion that you are correct here. When we build a doctrine, it has to agree with all other scriptures then, right? Right. So riddle me this , what does this mean? If we only have to watch the signs to know when Jesus will return, what is this passage talking about??

Matthew 24:36-44
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. .../KJV

If the signs tell us when He will come, then why does He tell us that we dont know so be ready at all times?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are we to have on in prep for that evil day?

That's a fair question.

Revelation 19:6-8
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.../KJV

And that's my answer. Now of course I realize that you yourself was talking about the armor of God, and that's fine and I cant say that would be wrong. however, the Bride has made herself ready...not, after the great trib, we get a new free outfit before dinner! Actually we do get a new outfit in the transformation of our bodies into a spiritual body, but that isnt my point or focus. She has made herself ready by putting on the righteousness of the saints, which is our good deeds. (I have that scripture too.)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is returning to catch up those that are looking for Him if you reject the rapture you are left behind!!!Your choice. Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and """unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time""" without sin unto salvation.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again believers are NOT appointed to God's wrath [ great tribulation years] but those that reject the catching up [ rapture ] will be left behind =their choice!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone should be in agreement there will be a catching away of Christians at an appointed time. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) Whether people choose to call that event the rapture, the catching away or the great snatch, Christians will certainly be caught up together in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air at that appointed time. What people seem to constantly argue about is the timing of this catching away. Per-trib, mid-trib, post-trib etc.. Some even believe pre-wrath. I know someone who considers himself a pan-tribber. He is not sure about the timing but believes that in the end everything will "pan out."

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those not looking for the rapture and are left behind their life will be no little joke!!!!