Born-again believers are to look for and expect a very soon rapture(catching up)!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born-again believers are to look for and expect a very soon rapture(catching up)!!
A healthy Church discerns the times. Jesus scolded the Pharisees and Sadducees because they could forecast the weather, but they did not grasp the larger issues. They knew “how to discern the appearance of the sky, but cannot discern the signs of the times.” [Matthew 16:3 NASB]
Titus 2:13 instructs us to be “looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 4:8 says, “There is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.”
Followers of Christ should always be “looking for the blessed hope,” and love “His appearing.” Good prophecy teaching helps with both. HL.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A healthy Church discerns the times. Jesus scolded the Pharisees and Sadducees because they could forecast the weather, but they did not grasp the larger issues. They knew “how to discern the appearance of the sky, but cannot discern the signs of the times.” [Matthew 16:3 NASB]
Titus 2:13 instructs us to be “looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 4:8 says, “There is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.”
Followers of Christ should always be “looking for the blessed hope,” and love “His appearing.” Good prophecy teaching helps with both. HL.
Is this prophecy about you?????
2 Peter 3:3-5
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But mid tribbers and postribbers are not looking for His coming.
And they do scoff at that concept.
Good find, and so relevant to these end times dynamics

Reactions: MA2444

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~
I've seen a few movies relative to the so-called Rapture. They all omit a
very showy portion of that future event wherein 2,000 years of Christians
will return from death to join those living so that everyone together can
ascend to meet Christ up in the sky all at one time.

We're talking about an event wherein Christians won't just vanish at the
snap of the fingers like Hollywood typically portrays the Rapture, but instead
the entire scene will be an activity easily observed by everyone all 'round the

globe as millions of Christians of all ages, races, and genders evacuate the earth
like a human Oort cloud.

I expect quite a few Christians will be taken up from interior locations like
office buildings, factories, mines, garages, homes, schools, vehicles, and
malls, etc. Nobody will bump their heads on the way out because, according
to John 20:19 and John 20:26, He who created all things can easily
manipulate the structure of solid objects to allow the human body to pass
thru unimpeded.

Point being: I can't help but wonder about the effect this event is going to
have upon anti rapturers; especially when 2,000 years of deceased Christians
suddenly make an appearance alive seemingly out of nowhere.
_

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~
Yes indeed as we await the appearing of our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ- the Blessed Hope !!!!!!

Heaven? Not Interested!

It's an alien world with which I am totally unfamiliar; and when I leave here,
I will be leaving behind everything near and dear to me, e.g. photos,
mementos, souvenirs, collections, sights and sounds, mountains, creeks,
rivers and forests, clothing and equipment, tools, landmarks, entertainment,
hobbies, my spouse, BFF, and my precious Ford Ranger pick-up truck, etc, etc.

The culture shock tsunami of leaving all that I know & love and going to a
foreign land where I know & love nothing at all, is not my idea of a good
time. Personally; I dread the thought of having to start all over again from
scratch.

NOTE: I've heard tell of folks thoroughly unable to form attachments to
anything, to anybody, nor to any place. When they leave this life, they will
leave nothing behind of sentimental value; nothing in the least, nothing at
all. It's like they lived their entire lives as turnips and carrots instead of
sentient beings.

* The one thing I do look forward to in Heaven is the possibility of a library
where everything that can be known about the cosmos is stored. Carl Sagan
would've loved a library like that because he went to his grave with a lot of
unanswered questions. But now they'll never be answered because Carl was,
at best, an agnostic, and at worst, an atheist.
_

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~

Heaven? Not Interested!

scratch.

sentient beings.

_
Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one thing I do look forward to in Heaven is the possibility of a library
_
I had the good fortune to hear Sagan lecture when I was a student at Cornell back in the 1970s. He was agnostic. Not an atheist.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~

Heaven? Not Interested!

scratch.

sentient beings.

_
I have been placed in the heavenlies with Christ, this world is not my home I'm just a sojourner passing through. I will be with him in body/spirit in the Resurrection and will be with Him in the New Jerusalem in the new heavens and the new earth.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been placed in the heavenlies with Christ, this world is not my home I'm just a sojourner passing through. I will be with him in body/spirit in the Resurrection and will be with Him in the New Jerusalem in the new heavens and the new earth.
You mean this present 'world time'... is not your home. You do realize the Psalms and The Gospel says the meek shall inherit... the earth?? Those in Christ aren't going anywhere, He is coming here, back to earth, and the actual Biblical idea of a 'rapture' of the Church, which is called being "caught up" in the KJV of 1 Thess.4, means Jesus is coming to grab us with Him ON HIS WAY TO THE MOUNT OF OLIVES, EAST OF JERUSALEM, ON THIS EARTH. (See it written in Zechariah 14. Check it out for yourself, I dare ya.)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again believers are raptured before the years of the great tribulation and then return with Jesus to earth when Jesus sets up his kingdom here and defeats all evil.

Reactions: MA2444

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean this present 'world time'... is not your home. You do realize the Psalms and The Gospel says the meek shall inherit... the earth?? Those in Christ aren't going anywhere, He is coming here, back to earth, and the actual Biblical idea of a 'rapture' of the Church, which is called being "caught up" in the KJV of 1 Thess.4, means Jesus is coming to grab us with Him ON HIS WAY TO THE MOUNT OF OLIVES, EAST OF JERUSALEM, ON THIS EARTH. (See it written in Zechariah 14. Check it out for yourself, I dare ya.)
Yes this present place is not my home, there will be a new one Jesus will make for all those who are His followers, born of Him- believers. We will inherit the new earth after the millennium and the GWTJ.

hope this helps !!!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes this present place is not my home, there will be a new one Jesus will make for all those who are His followers, born of Him- believers. We will inherit the new earth after the millennium and the GWTJ.

hope this helps !!!
This present place IS... our home, what is NOT our home today is this PRESENT TIME on earth.

John 18:36
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world
(kosmos) : if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from hence.
KJV

Those country preachers that keep trying to preach that this earth is completely destroyed on the "day of the Lord" don't know what they are talking about. We are not going to 'fly away' to live up in the sky. Jesus is coming HERE, BACK TO THIS EARTH. We are not... going to Heaven. We, if we are among His faithful saints, will be going WITH HIM to the Mount of Olives where it is written that His feet touch down, bringing all His saints with Him. His future reign over all nations will be there, on earth, not up in the sky.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This present place IS... our home, what is NOT our home today is this PRESENT TIME on earth.

John 18:36
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world
(kosmos) : if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from hence.
KJV

Those country preachers that keep trying to preach that this earth is completely destroyed on the "day of the Lord" don't know what they are talking about. We are not going to 'fly away' to live up in the sky. Jesus is coming HERE, BACK TO THIS EARTH. We are not... going to Heaven. We, if we are among His faithful saints, will be going WITH HIM to the Mount of Olives where it is written that His feet touch down, bringing all His saints with Him. His future reign over all nations will be there, on earth, not up in the sky.

Everybody doesnt get to see the rapture happening. He brings the saints ahich have died in Christ with Him. They get reuntied with their body's and instantly transformed into their new spiritual body and rise to meet the Lord in the air.

Then the Lord leaves with us all. The great tribulation begins and we all party in Heaven at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb while the great trib is going on. The at His 2nd coming, we are with Him and He puts evil down and binds Satan for 1000 years and then we stay here reigning with Christ for 1000 years and then after that the new heavens and new earth, and New Jerusalem comes down and is our final destination.

If the Rapture were to happen on the Lord's way to fight a war then what kind of a Lord is that?! Hey honey Bride, I'll pick you up and then we go to a gang fight where you get the crap beat out of you, then we can go to dinner?!?? Really? Uhh, No. No. He is not like that to His Bride.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was asked once by a friend to come to his house with him and his wife and participate in a Bible study. I showed up, but it was actually his parent's house. And his brother and his wife were there too. What he actually planned for me to do was to do a Bible study with them because God had sent me to him to answer to Bible questions he was struggling with, and we had never ever met before.

However, after talking with them all for a little while, I discovered that my friend's parents were attending a non-Pre-trib Rapture Church, while he and his brother were both attending a Pre-trib Rapture Church. So I asked them to turn to the Zechariah 14 Chapter, and the following is what I showed them...

Zech 14:1-9
14 Behold,
the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

The subject timing? The "day of the Lord", which is the LAST DAY of this present world time. And we know... for sure that is the last day of this world, simply because of 2 Peter 3:10 where Peter said man's works will be destroyed on that day by God's consuming fire, which has to mean the last day of this world. It is also the same day when Apostle Paul showed in 1 Thessalonians 5 that the "sudden destruction" will happen upon the wicked and deceived.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

That "day of the Lord" is when the battle of Armageddon of Revelation 16 on the 7th Vial speaks of, will happen. It is the Ezekiel 38 & 39 battle of the armies out of the northern quarters coming upon Israel on the last day of this world.

3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle.

That is also showing on that "day of the Lord", it is the day of Christ's future return, to fight against those armies that will come upon Israel on the last day of this world.

4 And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

That is about the feet of Lord Jesus standing on the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem, ON EARTH, on that "day of the Lord" at His future return. The Mount of Olives is going to be parted towards the east and the west when that happens, forming a great valley there.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with Thee.

And there it is, THAT is about Christ's gathering of His elect saints with Him there on earth.

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

Remember that Lord Jesus said no man knows the day nor the hour of His coming, but The Father only (Matthew 24:36). And in that Matthew 24:36 Scripture, Jesus was talking about the day of His coming to gather His saints after the tribulation, which is detailed in the previous Matthew 24:29-31 verses.

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

That is about the manifesting of God's River of the Waters of Life back on earth. It used to be here on earth at one time, per Genesis 2, remember?

9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and His name one.
KJV

Then Jesus will be KING over all nations and peoples on earth. That means this earth isn't going to be completely destroyed on that "day of the Lord", but that its surface only is going to be cleansed of man's works, just like what the flood of Noah did, except this next time using God's 'consuming fire' (2 Peter 3:10).

Zech 14:16-19
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Then after Jesus returns with His elect there upon the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem, those of the nations (PLURAL) which came up against Jerusalem on the last day of this world that were not... destroyed, will be made to bow to Jesus, and come up to worship Him and keep the feast of tabernacles, from year to year which points to the "thousand years" Millennium period of Jesus' reign with the "rod of iron" per Revelation 20.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
KJV

Do you think my friend and his family understood all this?? Not a bit! Why? Because they had been listening to the doctrines of men instead of studying and reading their Bible for theirselves with asking God's help in understanding. Maybe later they went back and went through that Zechariah 14 Chapter for theirselves, but I can guarantee they probably first went and asked their Pre-trib Rapture pastor about it, and he simply brushed it off as already past history! Likewise my friend's parents probably did the same, asked their Preterist system pastor and he probably said it was all history too!

So like Jesus warned...

Luke 8:18
Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.
KJV

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody doesnt get to see the rapture happening. He brings the saints ahich have died in Christ with Him. They get reuntied with their body's and instantly transformed into their new spiritual body and rise to meet the Lord in the air.
Firstly, flesh cannot go into Heaven. You should believe what Apostle Paul said about that...

1 Cor 15:50
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
KJV

And per 2 Corinthians 5 per Apostle Paul, the dead in Christ are already with Him, for to be absent from the body means to be with The Lord.

Then the Lord leaves with us all. The great tribulation begins and we all party in Heaven at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb while the great trib is going on. The at His 2nd coming, we are with Him and He puts evil down and binds Satan for 1000 years and then we stay here reigning with Christ for 1000 years and then after that the new heavens and new earth, and New Jerusalem comes down and is our final destination.
Not Correct.

Jesus showed in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 that His coming is AFTER the tribulation to gather His saints. You should read and study that.

Furthermore, Zechariah 14, which I just covered in my previous post, reveals that Jesus' feet touch down upon the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem, ON THIS EARTH, with... all His faithful saints bringing them with Him there. So that ain't... in Heaven brother.

If the Rapture were to happen on the Lord's way to fight a war then what kind of a Lord is that?! Hey honey Bride, I'll pick you up and then we go to a gang fight where you get the crap beat out of you, then we can go to dinner?!?? Really? Uhh, No. No. He is not like that to His Bride.
Go ahead MOCK what God's Word says... and keep your silly doctrines of men that you would rather believe instead and make 'excuses' for. You won't be mocking when you find that Jesus has shut the door on you when He comes AFTER... the tribulation. You'll be like that cartoon with the guy during the tribulation events going on all around him with his bags packed looking up to fly away, and it don't happen!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go ahead MOCK what God's Word says... and keep your silly doctrines of men that you would rather believe instead and make 'excuses' for. You won't be mocking when you find that Jesus has shut the door on you when He comes AFTER... the tribulation. You'll be like that cartoon with the guy during the tribulation events going on all around him with his bags packed looking up to fly away, and it don't happen!

Jesus is going to be so mad at me for looking out the window for Him sooner than you did? Ok let's go with that, lol!!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is going to be so mad at me for looking out the window for Him sooner than you did? Ok let's go with that, lol!!
You might want to actually read... your Bible, instead of feeding the pockets of the false pre-trib rapture teachers who call Jesus a liar...

Matt 24:29-31
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV