Born Again or Christian? Is there a difference and what is your biblical support ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't evaded anything, you just don't bother to actually read.

I became a born again Christian (saved, regenerated) about 75 years ago.
Members can see you evaded my biblical questions for themselves.

I pray that God gives you via his Holy Spirit more of spiritual understanding...I’m sure he will breakthrough that heart of yours...in Jesus Name Amen!!

Imo you need to grow more in heart/ spiritual knowledge and understanding.

Not just diligently studying scripture, you need to let the Holy Spirit lead you through scripture and let HIM bring you to understand God’s word through HIS Spirit @JBO .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You need to look in a mirror before you start giving advice to anyone else.
Once again, God has tried to help you through me..that’s my belief.

You need to open your eyes and ears to what God is saying....not get all defensive and take things personally..is all I can say to you.

Focus on God and not your emotions would be a good place to start.at the end of the day you are old enough to be my dad.
We need to grow up in Christ....not stay in our pram, where we keep throwing our toys out,hehehelol.especially at the grand old age of 84.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Which only demonstrates your extreme egotism and narcissism.
Please.....don’t start getting personal again....I was trying to help....I don’t want to get involved in the tit for tat unedifying nonsense you have just posted.especially coming from a 84 yr old man it’s extremely embarrassing.

Discuss the topic please?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please.....don’t start getting personal again....I was trying to help....I don’t want to get involved in the tit for tat unedifying nonsense you have just posted.especially coming from a 84 yr old man it’s extremely embarrassing.

Discuss the topic please?
Telling me that God has tried to help me through you is getting very personal! That you don't understand that is truly hilarious. That is unedifying nonsense to the max.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Telling me that God has tried to help me through you is getting very personal! That you don't understand that is truly hilarious. That is unedifying nonsense to the max.
Once again....can you PLEASE....stick to the subject in hand!!!

Thank you.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The subject being that you think you can help me?
Can you stop this childish nonsense!

I said I believe God was trying to help you understand spiritual matters through me...that was all.obviously you don’t...no worries...now let’s end this nonsense @JBO

1706528404403.png

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you stop this childish nonsense!

I said I believe God was trying to help you understand spiritual matters through me...that was all.obviously you don’t...no worries...now let’s end this nonsense @JBO
I think I understand God and spiritual matters much better than you do. So I think your trying to help me is a really funny joke. And that is the nonsense that needs to end.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We need to be reconciled back to God by the death and resurrection of Jesus.

We also need to reconciled back to God by him making us Born Of The Spirit...there is a process that occurs by God drawing us to Jesus,etc,etc...before we can become Born Again.

Plus we were predestined to become Born Again by God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think I understand God and spiritual matters much better than you do. So I think your trying to help me is a really funny joke. And that is the nonsense that needs to end.
I ask once again....discuss the Topic in Hand.

1706528886459.png

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok....now discuss the topic...for heavens sake!!!...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder why imo some are still in intellectual knowledge....I know I was.....maybe God needs to get all that we learnt in the world out of us, as in our minds , all that we were taught from this world.....before we can start understanding in the Spirit.

Spiritual knowledge/ understanding once God gives it to us is the most precious gift as well as faith we could ever have...it’s worth more than anything in the word.....understanding Gods word and wisdom in the Spirit....just my thoughts.

Edit to add...we need to let go of self and ask God to speak his words through us...let the Holy Spirit take over, easier said than done for some of us.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take a few days off.

Same ole same ole.

A christian is one who follows Christ or claims to follow Christ.

A person who is born again is a person who has been forgiven all sins, and justified in christ, made a child of God.

I can be a christian and not be born again

If I am born again, I am a christian

Reactions: JBO

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nowhere in scripture does God say a Christian is Born Again and the same old same old ...posting such nonsense.

Colossians 1
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Greetings from Paul and Timothy
(Philippians 1:1–2; Philemon 1:1–3)
1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,
2To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ at Colossae:
Grace and peace to you from God our Father.a
Thanksgiving and Prayer
(1 Corinthians 1:4–9; Philippians 1:3–11)
3We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,4because we have heard about your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for all the saints— 5the faith and love proceeding from the hope stored up for you in heaven, of which you have already heard in the word of truth, the gospel 6that has come to you.
All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood the grace of God. 7You learned it from Epaphras, our beloved fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on ourb behalf, 8and who also informed us of your love in the Spirit.
9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have full endurance and patience, and joyfully12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified youc to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light.
13He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14in whom we have redemption,d the forgiveness of sins.
The Supremacy of the Son
(Hebrews 1:1–14)
15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him.
17He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and firstborn from among the dead, so that in all things He may have preeminence. 19For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, 20and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross.
21Once you were alienated from God and were hostile in your minds, engaging in evil deeds. 22But now He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy, unblemished, and blameless in His presence— 23if indeed you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope of the gospel you heard, which has been proclaimed to every creaturee under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
Paul’s Suffering for the Church
(2 Corinthians 11:16–33)
24Now I rejoice in my sufferings for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions for the sake of His body, which is the church. 25I became its servant by the commission God gave me to fully proclaim to you the word of God, 26the mystery that was hidden for ages and generations but is now revealed to His saints. 27To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
28We proclaim Him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfectf in Christ. 29To this end I also labor, striving with all His energy working powerfully within me.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can be a christian and not be born again

If I am born again, I am a christian
None of that is biblical...it just sows confusion ...same old same old.and I will rebuke it, In the Name of Jesus, Amen!

As Gods word says, we must be Born Again.

Man says, we must be Born Again Christian..therefore adding to Gods word.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that is biblical...it just sows confusion ...same old same old.and I will rebuke it, In the Name of Jesus, Amen!
I can't take it anymore.

I will pray for you

You can't rebuke anything, when you do not even understand.. But I will not get into bickering again.. Good day

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You can laugh @Eternally Grateful ...every time I see your words and not Gods word I will rebuke them in the Name of Jesus....God will not have you adding to his word...period.

• Haha

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can't take it anymore.

I will pray for you

You can't rebuke anything, when you do not even understand.. But I will not get into bickering again.. Good day
Once again an opinion...back it up with biblical truth...I can go all day every day posting Gods truth.....as it’s his word and not man made nonsense.

I too won’t get involved with petty talk...therefore a Born Again Christian is not biblical...

Discuss the topic, not what you think of the poster!...because they will only agree with the word of God!!

• Haha