Born Again or Christian? Is there a difference and what is your biblical support ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I don’t...God says we must be “ Born Again “ self explanatory from God’s mouth, get back to me when you understand what it means..
Yes he did, But he did not just say that

You have you opinion of John 3. and I have mine. You attacking everyone who does nto agree with you is old. It is time to stop acting that way

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes he did, But he did not just say that

You have you opinion of John 3. and I have mine. You attacking everyone who does nto agree with you is old. It is time to stop acting that way
I have attacked no one...how many times have i asked, please discuss the scripture I posted...instead of posting the same repeat after repeat..

Discuss the scripture...that I have posted or go away as you are adding nothing to the discussion...

There is Therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus ,who walk not after the flesh ,but after the Spirit what does that mean to you?

How can we walk after the Spirit?

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI,

@Ritajanice has an issue with attacking people who do not agree with her for awhile now..I know this is not the first time the mods have had to come into this situation. and Many people have stopped even discussing things with her.

So before you look at JBO as she wants you to do. Please look at her.

Just look at my post where I said I was born again at 7 years and she told me it was my opinion. Then she wants to complain when @JBO is supposedly giving "his opinion"

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have attacked no one...how many times have i asked, please discuss the scripture I posted...instead of posting the same repeat after repeat..

Discuss the scripture...that I have posted or go away as you are adding nothing to the discussion...

There is Therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus ,who walk not after the flesh ,but after the Spirit what does that mean to you?

How can we walk after the Spirit?
I tried to discuss John 3 with you.

All you say it is my opinion.

There can be no discussion between anyone when you say it is their opinion and they are not listening to God, But you are.

You have shut off any type of communication.. and are just puffing yourself up

Reactions: JBO

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
FYI,

@Ritajanice has an issue with attacking people who do not agree with her for awhile now..I know this is not the first time the mods have had to come into this situation. and Many people have stopped even discussing things with her.

So before you look at JBO as she wants you to do. Please look at her.

Just look at my post where I said I was born again at 7 years and she told me it was my opinion. Then she wants to complain when @JBO is supposedly giving "his opinion"
You gave your testimony..as a 7 yr old..none of that was biblical..none of it, so, because I showed that it wasn’t biblical, you took that as an attack..please also look at his post where he said he was Born Again as an adult...no one can understand God’s word with out the Spirit as we see here.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Verse Concepts
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
Living in the Spirit
…7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those controlled by the fleshcannot please God. 9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
Berean Standard Bible · Download

• Romans 9:15-16
    For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion." So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to discuss John 3 with you.

All you say it is my opinion.

There can be no discussion between anyone when you say it is their opinion and they are not listening to God, But you are.

You have shut off any type of communication.. and are just puffing yourself up
Jesus already told Nicodemus how we are Born Of The Spirit, then you added what you believe it to be saying.

You have discussed no scripture on this thread as admin will see, I just posted scripture above which is said in the Spirit, still no discussion from you.

How have I shut off any type of communication...please clarify..you need to give the reason why?

Just puffing myself up...once again just an attack on my character...without even having the decency to explain....puffing myself up...please clarify what that means and show examples.

The trouble with me asking you those questions.

What have they got to do with the topic in hand?

We’ve all been guilty of insulting each other...so why continue in it?

Let’s discuss the scripture in the Spirit and not in the old mindset.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rest my case. See the last three posts..

Its all my fault. My interpretation.. She is not here to discuss anything, Only her view. and will go after anyone who disagrees with her.

I am not responding to any of those posts..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I rest my case. See the last three posts..

Its all my fault. My interpretation.. She is not here to discuss anything, Only her view. and will go after anyone who disagrees with her.

I am not responding to any of those posts..
You just did respond to those 3 posts, can’t you see your response to them above... ☝️

And still no answer to scripture I posted.

And so it goes on and on and on and on ......because I asked him to support his case using scripture...I’m therefore I’m attacking him...in his opinion

1 Corinthians 12:3
Verse Concepts
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 2:14
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

New Living Translation
But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

English Standard Version
The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Standard Bible
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

1 Corinthians 2

New International Version

2 And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.[a] 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.

God’s Wisdom Revealed by the Spirit​

6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[b]—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spiritwithin them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[c] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,
“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”[d]
But we have the mind of Christ

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
back to the thread. Born again is a term Jesus used when he spoke to nicodemus in John 3 when he declaired, unless one is born again, they can not see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus, A jewish spiritual leader and teacher of the law did not understand what he meant, Which is why he responded the way he did

1. Must we enter our mothers womb (is this what it means)
Jesus replied about water and spirit and flesh and spirit to told hi what it means to be born again, (that which is born of flesh is flesh, that which is born of spirit is spirit, spiritual birth being the new birth..

Jesus also explained not to Marvel at what he was saying new birth was. For The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

In other words. The new birth is a spiritual thing, you can’t feel it. it just happens..

2. Nicodemus asks. How can these things be? Jesus told him what, Now nicodemus is asking how

Jesus response is one of surprise that nicodemus did not know these things as a spiritual leader. And then He goes on to tell us how we are born again.

Again in John 3:
Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

First Born again is a heavenly thing. Not an earthly thing. If you can not understand the later (earthly), how can you understand the former (heavenly)

Then jesus goes and tells him, and us HOW to be born again. (How can these things be)

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This is the gospel message in its most simplest terms.

The serpent was mentioned because Nicodemus knew the story. The people were bitten, they were dead. Hopeless. And without a savior. Would die..

God told Moses to lift the serpent, whoever looked in faith lived, and were literally reborn (their death sentence was removed) those who did not through unbelief suffered the condemnation they were headed to because of the poison in their body, which they could not save themselves from

Jesus said, as moses lifted that serpent, which represented christ, so to must he be lifted up. So that whoever again, looked to Christ in faith, will be saved fro the condemnation of death they have recieved, and literally be born again through their faith in Christ

he complete this and confirms this with his final message

he who believes (looks to the cross) is not condemned. They are reborn and as Jesus promised, they will never die and they will live forever.

He who does not believe is condemned already, the poison of sin in their mortal souls has condemned them to death (spiritual) and they can not save themselves. They MUST look to the cross in faith.

This is why not everyone who is a christian is born again.

Many do not understand the basic message of the gospel. And turn to a different gospel. And although they call themselves christian. Are they truly christian?

anyway, We have discussed this in great detail in there threads. Just shared as I am accused of not discussing the word.. And in hopes. It wil help others see the difference as the op requested.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you read what Jesus is trying to explain to Nicodemus here.this is how we are Born Of The Spirit,

The Holy Spirit is like the wind , you can’t see him or know where he is going, because he is invisible, he is watching and waiting to make someone Born of the Spirit and this is exactly how I was Born Of The Spirit..having never read a Bible.....nothing more is needed to understand what Jesus is saying here.

Of course there is the process of being drawn to Jesus by God, God bringing us to repentance/ Godly Sorrow, God bringing us to believe in Jesus, God giving us the gift of Faith which is a manifestation of the Spirit..the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are children of God.
This is called the “ Living “ rebirth....Gods Spirit is Alive and Active....his words are not dead....his words are very much Alive in Spirit...only his Living word can bring us from darkness into his light, only he can regenerate our spirit..it’s our spirit that needs to be Born Again...when we are Born Of The Spirit...the Holy Spirit resides in our spirit.....he is our witness and brings us to knowledge and understanding of the truth of Gods word......we are .not Born Again in the intellect.....we are Born Again in the Spirit..” Spirit gives birth to spirit...
Many interpret this scripture differently...
Gods word does not say we must be Born Again Christian.

Gods word says we must be Born Again/ Born Of The Spirit....putting Christian on the end is not Gods. word....I do believe the disciples were called Christian because they followed Christ.

We must be Born Again for God to know us as his adopted children...nowhere under the New Covenant does God call us Christians....he says we must be Born Again....if you want to use Christian to say you are a follower of Christ..no problem...but, that does not mean you have been Born Of The Spirit/ Born Again...I used to call myself a Christian...as I know I came from God...but I was not Born Of The Spirit....that’s completely different....Born Of The Spirit is the spiritual rebirth...that is Alive and Active..bringing our spirit Alive in Christ.

John 3:1-21​

English Standard Version​

You Must Be Born Again​

3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gave your testimony..as a 7 yr old..none of that was biblical..none of it, so, because I showed that it wasn’t biblical, you took that as an attack..please also look at his post where he said he was Born Again as an adult...no one can understand God’s word with out the Spirit as we see here.
And you gave you testimony as a ?? year old. None of that was biblical, none of it. You think your testimony is biblical but Eternally Grateful's is not? Just more egotism and narcissism.

And by the way, who is getting personal now with that rant against him?

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And you gave you testimony as a ?? year old. None of that was biblical, none of it. You think your testimony is biblical but Eternally Grateful's is not? Just more egotism and narcissism.

I gave my testimony above and yes my testimony is biblical,I was Born Of The Spirit like the wind, as Jesus explains to Nicodemus, also that the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children, as you will find, if you read this scripture.

There was also the process in which God drew me to Jesus..no one can come to the Father ecept through the Son, that is biblical, also I was brought to repentance/ Godly sorrow, again biblical, also I was led to believe in Jesus by God, and I also received the gift of Faith a manifestation of the Spirit..also biblical...I was predestined to become Born Of The Spirit also biblical.as we see here below in scripture.29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son...I was also called for his purpose and his plan also biblical...

Once again @Angelina and. @Nancy this member is once again trolling.nothing edifying to the discussion just the usual gang up between the two of them, “ bullying” and his usual nonsense....which is not of the Spirit of God........personally I think this member is trying to get the thread locked...

It’s a very childish game imo...

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Holy Spirit: Manifestation of gifts
1 Cor.12.4
There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
The Father is the source of all spiritual gifts, and they are released to us through His Spirit (James 1.17). Spiritual gifts are the manifestations of the Holy Spirit upon our lives for the edification of the Church (1 Cor 12.7). Some of these gifts include the word of knowledge, the word of wisdom, the gift of faith, the discerning of spirits, the gift of speaking diverse tongues, etc.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Time to leave it to the mods..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is indeed a very childish game going on. You are the one playing it, pretending to have received a supernatural spiritual gift of divinely inspired revelation from God.
When you can rebuke the word of God below...get back to me @JBO with biblical knowledge/ understanding, not your nonsensical nonsense...that you posted above from your “ OWN INTELLECT “.....

I have received a supernatural gift of divine power/ revelation from God via the Holy Spirit , correct, I received it when I became Born Of The Spirit......?.....God given Faith ,a manifestation of the Spirit, that’s divine revelation...Gods Spirit is Alive And Active in us, that’s divine revelation..all biblical..

What’s being Born Again of Imperishable seed, if it’s not divine revelation?

Spirit give birth to spirit....divine revelation......all Biblical..

We have received the Spirit of God.when we became Born Of The Spirit?.our spirit has been Born Of God, Spirit gives birth to spirit...more divine revelation from the Spirit of God...I can go on and on.

More divine revelation

1 Corinthians 2:10-12
But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

More divine revelation witnessed to our spirit, via Gods Holy Spirit?

Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Paul’s Message by the Spirit’s Power
1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5so that your faith would not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.
Spiritual Wisdom
(Ephesians 1:15–23)
6Among the mature, however, we speak a message of wisdom—but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7No, we speak of the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God,a which He destined for our glory before time began. 8None of the rulers of this age understood it. For if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9Rather, as it is written:
“No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no heart has imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love Him.”b
10But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of man except his own spirit within him? So too, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.c
14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. 16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?”d But we have the mind of Christ.

Last edited: