Born Again or Christian? Is there a difference and what is your biblical support ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not biblical..just your opinion...utter confusion posted above ..

Even the demons believed..we must be Born Of The Spirit..
We must believe IN God.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is about Born Again verses Christian..?
Something that you have shown again and again that you know nothing about.
Not with you. There is absolutely no reason to. You are not interested in learning about it. You are only interested in spreading your terribly, terribly false opinions about it.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We must believe IN God.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
James 2:19
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

New Living Translation
You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

English Standard Version
You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!

Berean Standard Bible
You believe that God is one. Good for you! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

We are reconciled back to God, by the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Then after the death and resurrection of Jesus, we need to be reconciled back to God, by him making us Born Of The Spirit.....period....any other means is man made religion and nonsense.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Something that you have shown again and again that you know nothing about.

Not with you. There is absolutely no reason to. You are not interested in learning about it. You are only interested in spreading your terribly, terribly false opinions about it.
Can you please discuss the topic... @Nancy and still this poster continues..in voicing his opinion..I too voice mine..,post scripture, question him on it, yet he still keeps posting this nonsense.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems all she will do is stand on God’s word.

A 9 yr old would never know how to repent come to Godly sorrow..and be Born of The Spirit...75 yrs Born Again...I believe the child was water baptised and has been indoctrinated to truly believe they are Born Again..like the other member, they have very little imo, understanding of spiritual matters.
..they speak of the knowledge of the Bible ( intellect) you need heart revelation to be Born of the Spirit......anyone can believe, even the demons believed...your spirit must be Born Again and not your intellect.

I understood it when I was 7.

Its not that difficult if God shows you.. all you have to do is read his words and understand..

Reactions: JBO

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Its not that difficult if God shows you.. all you have to do is read his words and understand..
That is not biblical...we must be Born Again...understood at 7 is an opinion...

You can’t understand the Living word of God, not until we are Born Of The Spirit...

He’s already explained that in his word, the carnal mind is enmity towards God...as for a 7 yr old understanding Gods word,..you moved the goalposts..that was not your testimony a few pages back...you said you were Born Again as an adult?
Do you understand this scripture?

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That’s not what God’s words says...without the “ Spirit “ you are none of His?

How would you know it was God showing you?

Please explain the scripture below?

Romans 8:9-11​

King James Version​

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Last edited:

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Gods word says we are Born of the Spirit, very easy to understand.

Flesh gives birth to flesh.

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

From my own personal experience, how could I contain being Born of Gods Spirit...I couldn’t it had to come out to everyone that I was Born Again, my family thought I had lost the plot, yet my 3 Sons seemed fine with it, mind you they were pretty young at the time.

I’m here to Glorify God and personally I have never given 2 hoots to hide it from anyone...I’m Born Again and a child of God...the biggest Honour and Privilege anyone can receive.....my faith is a Living Faith because the Holy Spirit lives in my heart/ spirit, he is Gods witness and it still blows my mind that God chose me....

Saved is another word for me that must be used in the right context....we are Born Again and saved from eternal damnation.

I was Born Again by the Living Powerful word of God and saved from eternal damnation........as his word is Alive and Active, Gods word never comes back void and always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him...

Gods word is Alive and he is Spirit....his Spirit like the wind is everywhere...he sees all that goes on and he’s with us right this second in Spirit.
Good morning Rita,

IMO and mine only when you say
From my own personal experience, how could I contain being Born of Gods Spirit...I couldn’t it had to come out to everyone that I was Born Again, my family thought I had lost the plot, yet my 3 Sons seemed fine with it, mind you they were pretty young at the time.

I’m here to Glorify God and personally I have never given 2 hoots to hide it from anyone...I’m Born Again and a child of God...the biggest Honour and Privilege anyone can receive.....my faith is a Living Faith because the Holy Spirit lives in my heart/ spirit, he is Gods witness and it still blows my mind that God chose me....

I believe that is because of the Holy Spirit living in you. That fills you to overflowing.

And there is nothing better then that feeling.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Let us answer this assumption.
A child is born, that child knows nothing other than what they feel and experience.
They have little controlled movements, or noises or choices.

It takes 20 years to reach maturity.
So to be born again spiritually, is this beginning life again and learning everything from scratch?
Clearly not as believers have all the skills and knowledge from before they were born again.

Is it beginning a conversation with God?
Is it a spiritual awareness or feeling that did not exist before?
Is it a spiritual being coming into existence which did not exist before which is now the real you?
Is it a cleansing of a current existence and beginning a cleansed experience with the Lord?
Some have used the curtain being torn in two as a symbol of God now living with us through Christ.

A believer I know prayed that another believer should be filled up with the Spirit, like it was a tank of petrol.
The whole intent was by asking to be filled up meant one was filled up, whatever that meant.

The language leads to being drunk in the Spirit, and feeling massively exalted and euphoric.
Sadly heresy and blasphemy have also gone alongside such experiences and expressions.

Baptism in the Spirit is often used in such situations, and throwing out everything except this euphoria is
the real spiritual walk. Condemnation of anything to do with obligation, love, obedience, commandments, morality
are left in the dust. So you get "prophets" who heal specially chosen people and fake heal with with fake documents
to confirm their healing. And it is all valid because more people believe in God than if you just lived the believers life.

Now such folk are not following Jesus or know Him, yet they will claim to be born again.
Paul talks of our hearts telling us through the Holy Spirit we are His, sealed by His presence.

Interestingly I have had believers share that I do not know because I share Jesus's love and gospel.

I am aware some folk are very anxious, and to ask them to test their salvation leads them to reject those who encourage
them to test their salvation, even though the apostles say exactly that. But to know God and His ways is to test everything
and be humble and cautious, because in itself this is the way of the Lord. Even Jesus was tested, and the prophets. In one
sense our aspirations only become realities when we conquer the struggles put before us.

8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered
9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
Heb 5:8-9

Jesus was perfect, but the sense is being put forward until Jesus suffered, died and was resurrected the promise of salvation
did not exist, but came into existence once achieved. In one sense Jesus's love was always there, but the actions proved what
it was and how it worked. So in a sense until our faith goes down the same road, it could be just superficial and a cultural show
or something eternal and real.

This is just part of what it means to be born again. God bless you

Reactions: Azim

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us answer this assumption.
A child is born, that child knows nothing other than what they feel and experience.
They have little controlled movements, or noises or choices.

It takes 20 years to reach maturity.
So to be born again spiritually, is this beginning life again and learning everything from scratch?
Clearly not as believers have all the skills and knowledge from before they were born again.

Is it beginning a conversation with God?
Is it a spiritual awareness or feeling that did not exist before?
Is it a spiritual being coming into existence which did not exist before which is now the real you?
Is it a cleansing of a current existence and beginning a cleansed experience with the Lord?
Some have used the curtain being torn in two as a symbol of God now living with us through Christ.

A believer I know prayed that another believer should be filled up with the Spirit, like it was a tank of petrol.
The whole intent was by asking to be filled up meant one was filled up, whatever that meant.

The language leads to being drunk in the Spirit, and feeling massively exalted and euphoric.
Sadly heresy and blasphemy have also gone alongside such experiences and expressions.

Baptism in the Spirit is often used in such situations, and throwing out everything except this euphoria is
the real spiritual walk. Condemnation of anything to do with obligation, love, obedience, commandments, morality
are left in the dust. So you get "prophets" who heal specially chosen people and fake heal with with fake documents
to confirm their healing. And it is all valid because more people believe in God than if you just lived the believers life.

Now such folk are not following Jesus or know Him, yet they will claim to be born again.
Paul talks of our hearts telling us through the Holy Spirit we are His, sealed by His presence.

Interestingly I have had believers share that I do not know because I share Jesus's love and gospel.

I am aware some folk are very anxious, and to ask them to test their salvation leads them to reject those who encourage
them to test their salvation, even though the apostles say exactly that. But to know God and His ways is to test everything
and be humble and cautious, because in itself this is the way of the Lord. Even Jesus was tested, and the prophets. In one
sense our aspirations only become realities when we conquer the struggles put before us.

8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered
9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
Heb 5:8-9

Jesus was perfect, but the sense is being put forward until Jesus suffered, died and was resurrected the promise of salvation
did not exist, but came into existence once achieved. In one sense Jesus's love was always there, but the actions proved what
it was and how it worked. So in a sense until our faith goes down the same road, it could be just superficial and a cultural show
or something eternal and real.

This is just part of what it means to be born again. God bless you
The issue is people do not understand what being born again _born spiritually or given life) and being filled with the spirit is.

They think it is some magic potion.

There is a difference between being born again (john 3: 16) and what being born again gives you, for the rest of your life.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not what God’s words says...without the “ Spirit “ you are none of His?

How would you know it was God showing you?

Please explain the scripture below?

Romans 8:9-11​

King James Version​

Please stop.

Your "it is your opinion" is getting old. All you do is attack people who do not agree with you.

this passage shows what I have been saying, we who were dead. are made alive why? Because we received Christ and were born again by looking to the cross.

When your ready to discuss let me know..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please stop.

Your "it is your opinion" is getting old. All you do is attack people who do not agree with you.
You please stop!!
Not true, I quote Gods word..you are the attacker ..read your past posts.
this passage shows what I have been saying, we who were dead. are made alive why? Because we received Christ and were born again by looking to the cross.
That is not how we are Born Again.
When your ready to discuss let me know..
You too...and it must be discussed in the Spirit..and not your own intellect.

And once again you evaded the scripture I posted..therefore how can I discuss with you, if you aren’t understanding scripture in the Spirit?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You please stop!!
Not true, I quote Gods word..you are the attacker ..read your past posts.

That is not how we are Born Again.

You too...and it must be discussed in the Spirit..and not your own intellect.
You quote Gods word and give your opinion of what it says.

Again, Please stop.. When your ready to discuss the word. and not YOUR OPINION.. Let me know

Your continued attacks will nto help you any

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You quote Gods word and give your opinion of what it says.

Again, Please stop.. When your ready to discuss the word. and not YOUR OPINION.. Let me know

Your continued attacks will nto help you any
No I don’t...God says we must be “ Born Again “ self explanatory from God’s mouth, get back to me when you understand what it means..

Your continuing attacks on me and God’s word won’t help you either.

Plenty of back biting from you on this thread aimed at me because I don’t believe your opinion.

Let’s discuss the scripture I posted?..which for some reason you keep evading?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The issue is people do not understand what being born again _born spiritually or given life) and being filled with the spirit is.

They think it is some magic potion.

There is a difference between being born again (john 3: 16) and what being born again gives you, for the rest of your life.
And here we have the hypocrisy of it..Pot Kettle Black.

He just told me not to voice my opinion...yet what do we see here..LOL.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 12:3
Verse Concepts
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.