Born Again or Christian? Is there a difference and what is your biblical support ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Taken,
Again, you are denying the truth that these verses below teach:

IF and when “I” choose to DENY anything…
I will be the one to say so.
You do not know me, nor I you.
Do not speak For me.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we have these 3 examples of the word in the Holy Bible what do you believe a person who says they are Christian, or a Christian mean?

Born again shall be addressed whenever you want to put it in.

It's SUPPOSED to mean followers of Christ as in imitating Jesus

One cannot even start doing that until they become born again.

Reactions: Ritajanice

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you're born again you become a Christian, a child of God. Acts 2:38 says when you're baptized into Christ, your sins are remitted, so at that point you are saved. Acts 2:47 says that the Lord adds you to the church at that point, which is the body of Christ.

Reactions: JBO

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who DO believe, not CAN believe.

And? Not news. Who is speaking Against Jesus, that you are posting that to me?

No, all of manKIND is NOT of the Devil.
Faith is a GIFT given for HEARING, “without” SEEING.
One DAY ALL will “SEE” the Son of man, JESUS, believe and bow down to Him.
Yet, there is a difference between BELIEVING, and having had Confessed ones belief, and WHEN.

Disagree, in part.
Yes Christ Jesus IS the Savior.
A man “contributes”….
His Word of Belief and His Bodily Life.

Not news.

No. Not all shall be Saved.

Forced, compulsion making a man LOVE God…..? No. The choice IS up to individual manKIND….God simply Knows who will and will not CHOOSE / ELLECT Him, and has prepared a place, outcome for those wIth and without Him.

Too convoluted.

Gaslighter.

Your error.

A work OF manKIND…not Christ I mentioned and gave the NT reverence John 6:29.

Works OF manKIND….not Christ I mentioned is Glorifying God, which such person becomes a recipient of a REWARD from the Lord…NT…
Rom 2:6
Rev 22:12

And? Not news.

Nothing new. Preaching to the choir.
Dear Taken,
I have shown you the scriptures that support my statements, however, you won't accept the truth that they teach. Since I am not able to help you at this time, I will end my discussion with you.
Joe

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Taken,
I have shown you the scriptures that support my statements, however, you won't accept the truth that they teach. Since I am not able to help you at this time, I will end my discussion with you.
Joe

You come quoting scriptures that require no response. You come makings false accusations. You come out of nowhere pretending someone who does not know you has asked you for some help.

Bizarre!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My fruits? What an arrogant, self-righteous old biddy you must be.
I may be an 'old biddy' but I am God's old biddy and my righteousness is from Him not myself.

Romans 3:22
This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

• Love

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may be an 'old biddy' but I am God's old biddy and my righteousness is from Him not myself.

Romans 3:22
This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.
It is not any righteousness from Him that condemns me as you have done.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is saying that the natural man, those without the Spirit, have no understanding of God’s word...because God’s words are spoken in the Spirit.

The natural man are those in darkness and sin and alienated from God?

They are not Born of the Spirit?

14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God
No, here the context says that the natural man is the man that is not divinely inspired as is Paul and the other apostles and prophets. Any who had the mind of Christ would have no need at all of any of the Bible. That is no one here are any place else today.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, here the context says that the natural man is the man that is not divinely inspired as is Paul and the other apostles and prophets. Any who had the mind of Christ would have no need at all of any of the Bible. That is no one here are any place else today.
Then we will agree to disagree.

A Born Again would never die in spirit, if they never read a Bible, because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed, which they were predestined to receive according to God’s purpose and plan before the foundation of the world God knows who he will be Born Of the Spirit.....it’s a Living spiritual rebirth.

The only thing that would happen to his Born Again children is....they wouldn’t be able to grow and mature in his word.

We have been Born Again of imperishable seed ....that liveth and abideth forever.

That means the Holy Spirit has manifested/ lives in our spirit, we know this as his Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are his children.

He will NEVER leave the spirit of a Born Again as they have been Born of the Spirit.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then we will agree to disagree.

A Born Again would never die in spirit, if they never read a Bible, because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed, which they were predestined to receive according to God’s purpose and plan before the foundation of the world God knows who he will be Born Of the Spirit.....it’s a Living spiritual rebirth.

The only thing that would happen to his Born Again children is....they wouldn’t be able to grow and mature in his word.

We have been Born Again of imperishable seed ....that liveth and abideth forever.

That means the Holy Spirit has manifested/ lives in our spirit, we know this as his Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are his children.

He will NEVER leave the spirit of a Born Again as they have been Born of the Spirit.
You have so much to learn but probably won't.

You constantly refer to 1 Peter 1;23. The imperishable seed that you hang your hat on is not a reference to anything about you. It is not a reference to the regenerated one, but rather the one doing the regeneration. But no doubt you will disagree with that as well.

And by the way that is universally true for all who have been saved, for all who have been born again. for all Christians.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "seed" is the word of God which is clear from many passages. The parable of the 4 soils. This coincides with Paul in Romans 10 where we read we are saved by the preaching of the word of God, the gospel of our salvation. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ. This also parallels Peter below :

Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. 23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24 For,

“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25 but the word of the Lord endures forever.”
And this is the word that was preached to you.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You have so much to learn but probably won't.

You constantly refer to 1 Peter 1;23. The imperishable seed that you hang your hat on is not a reference to anything about you. It is not a reference to the regenerated one, but rather the one doing the regeneration. But no doubt you will disagree with that as well.
Can you support this by using scripture.?

And by the way that is universally true for all who have been saved, for all who have been born again. for all Christians.
Gods word has already witnessed to my spirit that I am Born Again of imperishable seed.

For all to be saved...they must be Born Again of imperishable seed...Born Again and saved from eternal damnation.

You only know you have been saved from eternal damnation.....after you have been Born Again of incorruptible/ imperishable seed.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The "seed" is the word of God which is clear from many passages. The parable of the 4 soils. This coincides with Paul in Romans 10 where we read we are saved by the preaching of the word of God, the gospel of our salvation. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ. This also parallels Peter below :

Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. 23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24 For,

“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25 but the word of the Lord endures forever.”
And this is the word that was preached to you.
Yes, unfortunately this member is having a hard time understanding that.....not everyone is at the same level of spiritual understanding......doesn’t mean anyone is better...it just means exactly what it says.

Some have more spiritual understanding in other areas...were all different aren’t we and grow/ mature at different rates.

Reactions: ChristisGod

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you support this by using scripture.?
Yes, of Course.
1Pe 1:23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;
For all to be saved...they must be Born Again of imperishable seed...Born Again and saved from eternal damnation.
I think that is what I just said.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, of Course.
1Pe 1:23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

I think that is what I just said.
You said that a Born Again doesn’t have communication with God via his Spirit?

So, why do we need to be Born Again of imperishable seed?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is not any righteousness from Him that condemns me as you have done.
Are you born again? I ask because the things you were saying didn't indicate to me that you are. And i quoted the scripture about being able to tell the difference by the fruit produced. And if you are not born again then you don't have the guidance of the Holy Spirit.