Born Again or Christian? Is there a difference and what is your biblical support ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I said that you, nor anyone else today, receives divinely inspired revelation from the Holy Spirit.
Yes we do, because we are Born Again of imperishable seed..that in itself is divine revelation, and I have posted scripture to prove this.....now please prove what you say is true...using Scripture?..thank you.
To be born again is to receive the indwelling Holy Spirit.
How did you receive the Holy Spirit...what is your testimony?....are you Born Again?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you born again? I ask because the things you were saying didn't indicate to me that you are. And i quoted the scripture about being able to tell the difference by the fruit produced. And if you are not born again then you don't have the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
I don't think you are the sort of person that I should even give an answer to that question. And precisely which fruit, or lack thereof, are you looking for? What fruit have you that fits the scripture you quoted? Your egotism? Your self-righteousness?

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we do, because we are Born Again of imperishable seed..that in itself is divine revelation, a
No, being born again is not divine revelation.
nd I have posted scripture to prove this.....
No, there is no such scripture.
now please prove what you say is true...using Scripture?..thank you.
I did. That you lack the ability to know and understand the scripture I posted is not something that I can do anything about.
How did you receive the Holy Spirit...what is your testimony?....are you Born Again?
Given that you really do not understand even what it means to be born again, I will refrain from answering you on that.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, being born again is not divine revelation.
God has already said we are Born Again of imperishable seed...if that’s not divine revelation then please explain what it means?

Or are are you just being a troll?...we are discussing Born Again.
No, there is no such scripture.

I did. That you lack the ability to know and understand the scripture I posted is not something that I can do anything about.
You posted no scripture to state your case...what page is it on?
Given that you really do not understand even what it means to be born again, I will refrain from answering you on that.
You have never given your testimony on how you were Born Again?

You have never answered any questions of a spiritual nature....so why are you here, as you are just trolling....nothing edifying coming out of your mouth?
Everything you have said on this thread is of a personal nature @JBO ?

We are discussing Born Again or Christian?

If you can’t discuss that please go away ...because you are adding nothing to the conversation.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OK, Whatever.

I have a question for you. Since you said that you are not a Christian and this is the Christianity board, why are you even here?
We are discussing Born Again or a Christian, please discuss?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has already said we are Born Again of imperishable seed...if that’s not divine revelation then please explain what it means?

Or are are you just being a troll?...we are discussing Born Again.

You posted no scripture to state your case...what page is it on?

You have never given your testimony on how you were Born Again?

You have never answered any questions of a spiritual nature....so why are you here, as you are just trolling....nothing edifying coming out of your mouth?
Everything you have said on this thread is of a personal nature @JBO ?

We are discussing Born Again or Christian?

If you can’t discuss that please go away ...because you are adding nothing to the conversation.
OK, whatever.

I am curious. Since you said that you are not a Christian and this is the Christianity Board, why are you even here?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OK, whatever.

I am curious. Since you said that you are not a Christian and this is the Christianity Board, why are you even here?
Can you please discuss the subject or please go away you are now trolling...I will report your post we are trying to have a serious conversation here.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To be born again is to receive the indwelling Holy Spirit.
Correct. Something I can agree with you about. And I do have the Holy Spirit in me, so i can't understand why you say I haven't and call me names. When did you become born again?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think it’s amazing @Pearl .....how we become Born Again, don’t you?

We have no idea how he does it, yet we certainly know when it happens....” Amazing “.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think you are the sort of person that I should even give an answer to that question. And precisely which fruit, or lack thereof, are you looking for? What fruit have you that fits the scripture you quoted? Your egotism? Your self-righteousness?
Oh my goodness! You really have got it in for me haven't you. The fruit I speak of is the fruit produced by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. And we have been given the gift of discernment so that we can test the spirit. And as scripture says:
Matthew 7:20
Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Meaning that as Christians, who are spiritually reborn, we are able to recognise others who are also born again and oppositely those who are not.

A thought just occurred to me, are you a Catholic who believes that infant baptism gave you born again status - I know that is what they believe.

I really don't want to get into a war of words with you or anybody, just have a friendly conversation.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can honestly say, since I have joined this forum my faith and spiritual understanding has grown beyond my wildest dreams,imo.

I Praise God for this forum I have learnt so much and the admin team are the best out there..the patience of Job. praise God for them also. @Nancy @Rita @pompadour and all the others, these 3 I know more than the others.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can honestly say, since I have joined this forum my faith and spiritual understanding has grown beyond my wildest dreams,imo.

I Praise God for this forum I have learnt so much and the admin team are the best out there..the patience of Job. praise God for them also. @Nancy @Rita @pompadour and all the others, these 3 I know more than the others.
I also feel that the forum, helps me grow and keeps me sharp. And make some really nice friends.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not even the words "born again" in those verses you wanted to discuss. So obviously it doesn't say we must be born again.

You always discuss by your human intellect to me, as we can see on this thread.
Have you not read Jesus words??

New International Version
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

English Standard Version
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Berean Standard Bible
Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”

King James Bible
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

I hope that at least one of these versions of Jesus Himself talking to Nicodemus, will stick with you.
We respect scripture back-up with our "opinions", your posts are not at all edifying or engaging. Please watch your words.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I also feel that the forum, helps me grow and keeps me sharp. And make some really nice friends.
This is the best forum I have ever been on...the admin here know we are all a work in progress ...and there patience is outstanding..or maybe that should read Gods fruit “patience “ in them is outstanding..LOL.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On can call themselves a christian, And not be born again

Everyone who is born again is a christian.

the difference is if you are born again or not.
Catholics believe - are taught - that they are born again when they are baptised as babies. And they seem to be unhappy to accept that as adult they need to make the choice for themselves.

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy So good to have you back my dear friend. You have been missed. Glad you got you tech stuff sorted. xx
Thank you Pat! It took the tech. about an hour and a half and I was able to get on :) My wi-fi modem is out of date and, still has only the adapter for Ethernet and not HDMI, like my computer! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have missed you all very much!