Born in Spirit, Perfection, Sanctification, Sin No More

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

COGTHW

Nov 5, 2016
Heb 13:8 said:
Calling on the name of the Lord takes belief, not sink water.

Acts 22:19 “ ‘Lord,’ I replied, ‘these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you.
The verse you put has nothing to do what my Father says

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

You gotta be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. And by Gods power you shall be saved,washed and cleaned from your sins and the sins of your fathers.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
MOG411 said:
The verse you put has nothing to do what my Father says

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

You gotta be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. And by Gods power you shall be saved,washed and cleaned from your sins and the sins of your fathers.
Notice how Mark 16:16 says he that believeth, or believeth not. Again, belief is what get's you saved, not sink water. Water does nothing without the blood of Christ and the action of believing.

Rom 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your doctrine is why many of your churches have adulterers, liars, thieves, homosexuals, because none of you have been freed from sin. As an example, not long ago, the pastors of two well known churches here in south Florida, calvary chapel and coral ridge presbyterian, admitted to having committed adultery. And so, it is precisely because of this flawed doctrine, that is permissiveness of sin and denial of God's power to free a man from sin, that none of you can stop sinning and this sort of thing happens in the churches of today, and many think that prayers of forgiveness while you carry on sinning the rest of your life will grant you pardon. So it is by your our own false doctrine concerning sin that you are preventing yourself from receiving the holy spirit, because you must understand that you must first stop sinning completely, so that you can then be freed from sin when you receive the holy spirit. And so, as a result from this new freedom given by the baptism of the holy spirit, you are in fact actually inwardly perfected and not able to sin, because of the power of the holy spirit. However, obviously there is still mercy and opportunity to receive the spirit, because clearly you are still alive, even though, just as all who have sinned, deserve to die this very moment, and so this is why the author writes,

my little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. (1 John 2:1)
The reason why churches are as you say, filled with sinners is because many know that they need Jesus. Churches are not filled with perfect people, if they were, you would have to leave because you are imperfect yourself.

So that while there are those who still sin all around, all are called to repent and to stop sinning, so that you may then receive the holy spirit, which is what being born of God means,

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 [KJV])

And in being born of God, you are then caused to sin no more, in which case you have been freed from sin by Jesus Christ.
But until then, you are still a slave to sin. And if you do not undo your false doctrine concerning the true freedom from sin as a result of receiving the spirit, you will find yourself in a worse pickle than a mere unbeliever who knows nothing, and can much more easily accept that just as God has appointed all to disobedience, he can also appoint anyone he wishes to full obedience, by his spirit.
All are called to repent, I agree but you forget that every new believer are coming from different backgrounds and God deals with them where they are at in that given point in time. It is very rare that a chronic alcoholic becomes a non drinker without having to go through a process of sanctification although God sometimes takes away a believers sinful vice immediately....

But until then, you are still a slave to sin. And if you do not undo your false doctrine concerning the true freedom from sin as a result of receiving the spirit, you will find yourself in a worse pickle than a mere unbeliever who knows nothing, and can much more easily accept that just as God has appointed all to disobedience, he can also appoint anyone he wishes to full obedience, by his spirit.
You have no concept of God's grace because if you had, you would not be condemning the very people coming out of the world and into Christ. You have forgotten where you have come from yourself. You were not born perfect and your life has not always been in Christ. This topic is now closed..

Reactions: StanJ
Status
Not open for further replies.