Brand New Music Album Project just finished

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thought I'd share this project of mine with ya'll! :) It does say to sing to one another in spiritual songs. ;) Have a listen or two.

If you click on the Youtube logo you can go to "show more" and get the time links to the tunes.

Don't know how I missed this one! Awesome, and belated congrats...there are lot's of alerts I do not get on here.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Hidden In Him

I think the best years to get good at musical instruments is when you are kid, once you become even just a young adult, it gets a lot harder to progress and get better at a musical instrument, also harder to find the motivation.

Lol when I was a bit younger, maybe 6-8 years ago my goal was I wanted to play at the Grand Ole Opry, but now I couldn't care much anymore. Hahaha.
@Josho So do you play an instrument? :)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho So do you play an instrument? :)

Currently Banjo and Lap Steel.

Banjo I pretty much know every main technique, but not all that great or smooth at playing, kinda rough at timing, because I never took that seriously :(, but was more focused in getting every other technique down.

Didn't have any proper lessons though, just have a Scruggs book, a Tony Trischka e-book, a couple of Janet Davis e-books, and ye quite a number of paid video lessons on the computer and phone, couple of Tony Trischka, one Ron Block video (he's the Banjoist from Alison Krauss's band) and a Jayme Stone video. But ye started about 8 years ago on free youtube lessons, when I was 15, but havent been serious throughout all those 8 years.

Lap Steel I am a lot more new too it though, I play that more these days than banjo, only been playing that for one year, but not one solid year. Chopped and changed from different tunings a bit, gone from E, which is what I bought the lap steel tuned in, to G(like Dobro tuning) down to D(really bluesy that tuning) then changed to C6 strings and went to C6 tuning (which gives a classic country or Hawaiian sound) and have stuck to that the majority of the time, as that's the tuning I like most, and it's not as hard to find learning material for that tuning. lolz

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Currently Banjo and Lap Steel.

Banjo I pretty much know every main technique, but not all that great or smooth at playing, kinda rough at timing, because I never took that seriously :(, but was more focused in getting every other technique down.

Didn't have any proper lessons though, just have a Scruggs book, a Tony Trischka e-book, a couple of Janet Davis e-books, and ye quite a number of paid video lessons on the computer and phone, couple of Tony Trischka, one Ron Block video (he's the Banjoist from Alison Krauss's band) and a Jayme Stone video. But ye started about 8 years ago on free youtube lessons, when I was 15, but havent been serious throughout all those 8 years.

Lap Steel I am a lot more new too it though, I play that more these days than banjo, only been playing that for one year, but not one solid year. Chopped and changed from different tunings a bit, gone from E, which is what I bought the lap steel tuned in, to G(like Dobro tuning) down to D(really bluesy that tuning) then changed to C6 strings and went to C6 tuning (which gives a classic country or Hawaiian sound) and have stuck to that the majority of the time, as that's the tuning I like most, and it's not as hard to find learning material for that tuning. lolz
You're a young man that is already a veteran musician, then... :)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey! Thanks for the interest. I record at 2 studios really. Both are home studios. The one where I do most of the recording uses Cubase and I record drums where he uses Protools.

I'm really not that technical myself...but I think over the years I've come to think that protools is a little "warmer"...I don't know...just my ears telling me this. Very subtle.

Do you have any recordings made?

Do you like the project?

Hey I haven't forgotten, finally got around to listening, listening to it right now, it's not my taste in music, but it's very professional and talent is pretty good, God has given you some good talents, good bass playing. Not sure if I would want to share anything after that, might be embarrassed after that hahahha. I really gotta re-record some stuff on my YouTube. And then I might share some stuff later.

Reactions: Episkopos